Topic: The patch?  (Read 21490 times)

Shabadu

The patch?
« on: January 17, 2003, 05:56:20 am »
Shabadu 3:16

And 'lo, He dids't ask, wherefor is that which implements th' will of th' Gods. That device of the Gods, the thing known only as 'Patch'? Hast the For-room been re-made in honour of th' Public Release?  

TheJudge

Re: The patch?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 09:46:30 am »
The patch can be acquired at any major drug store and even many grocery stores.  Make sure you clean the skin before adding the patch and follow all directions totally and absolutely.  Do not leave the patch on for more than the recommended number of hours and absolutely do not smoke while wearing the patch (that is the purpose of it afterall).

good luck on quitting somking!

Dash Jones

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 10:59:35 pm »
A new bump, not for THAT patch, but hopefully we'll see an SFC 3 patch next week?  ne pas?  

MagnumMan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 11:27:50 pm »
Imagine if we all spoke that way, how difficult it would be to figure out what people were saying!

TheSatyr

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 01:44:32 am »
There is no such thing as a patch...there is no such thing as computer games...you have all been victims of an enormous hoax...the world you believe you live in does not truly exist....we do not truly exist...we all live inside the dreams of a 1,000,000 year old sauropod who lives in a swamp on Dragos IV...His name is Skippy....If Skippy wakes up we will all go poof.

And if you believe any of this then your mind must be nearly as disturbed as mine is...  

EE

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 01:52:31 am »
Quote:

There is no such thing as a patch...there is no such thing as computer games...you have all been victims of an enormous hoax...the world you believe you live in does not truly exist....we do not truly exist...we all live inside the dreams of a 1,000,000 year old sauropod who lives in a swamp on Dragos IV...His name is Skippy....If Skippy wakes up we will all go poof.

And if you believe any of this then your mind must be nearly as disturbed as mine is...  

Tell me more of this 'SKIPPY', I must learn all you have on him.

Toasty0

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 02:35:42 am »

Mags has the patch. But as he is now on a bus to Mexico (why? I do not know) it may be months before we see it.

What I want to know is how he is able to post from that bus.

Best,
Jerry  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2003, 02:36:34 am by Toasty0 »

NCC2012

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 01:02:24 am »
Did he leave the bathtub running over, stereo on and bacon cooking on the stove?

(Yes, an obscure They Might Be Giants referrence)  §:)  

EE

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 01:18:11 am »
[homer voice]Mmmmmm Bacon.... Auuguggggggg [/homer voice]

Vortox

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 09:50:39 pm »
NO...come back...we need the patch now....AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~ *silence*

Artie

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 11:36:06 pm »
I got that patch from the drug store but when I installed it the processor slowed down to like half speed for fifteen minutes and then sped up again.  Now the darn thing is smoking! I'm suing taldren, activision, interplay, 14 degrees east,  paramount, gamespy, flipside, quicksilver, and the voice who keeps telling me "We're on a collision course!"  We are not on a collision course so relax OK!  

Arcilte

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 11:48:08 pm »
Quote:

Did he leave the bathtub running over, stereo on and bacon cooking on the stove?

Hot Cha where are you?  

Toasty0

Mags and The patch?
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2003, 05:51:24 am »

UPDATE:

It has been reported that Mags was spotted outside Mexico City hiring a taxi to take him to a remote location of a defunct radio station...

More as details become available!  

skippy

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2003, 04:22:31 pm »
...I just woke up & Dragos IV is a hole!  

FutureTem

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2003, 05:15:27 pm »
And while we are at it, lets also smack the one aboard our ships who always remembers us that "We're nearing the EDGE of the sector SIR" or "WE'RE NEARING the edge of the SECTOR sir", not to forget "we're nearing THE edge of THE sector sir"!

/humor

Ok, serious now. Has anyone REALLY heard something new on that patch for SFC3? I think its more than about time now that we finally get it, or at least an update how slow..... uhm fast Taldren works on it and when we can expect it.

Dan Hagerty

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2003, 06:16:26 pm »
The latest version of the patch is currently winding its way through the QA process.  Taldren sent us an updated version yesterday, and we are testing it.  There have been some issues cropping up - new bugs that had to be fixed - which is typical of any project.

At this rate, I feel pretty confident we will have a patch out next week.  That's not a guarantee, that's just my honest assessment.

Taldren's been working very hard, and they've fixed a lot of bugs.

We're all very anxious to get this out to you, but we want to make sure it is bulletproof.  

Mentat Jon

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2003, 06:39:56 pm »
The Important question is will the patch come WITH a manual  

Hale

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2003, 06:52:18 pm »
Quote:

We're all very anxious to get this out to you, but we want to make sure it is bulletproof.  

Can you tell us if you expect all of the of the D3 issues to be addressed?

Thanks!

Artie

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2003, 07:03:46 pm »
Dan, thanks for the updated timetable.

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2003, 07:06:13 pm »
Quote:

At this rate, I feel pretty confident we will have a patch out next week.  That's not a guarantee, that's just my honest assessment.

Now those are sweet news!!

Dash Jones

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2003, 07:19:23 pm »
Will you eat dirt if it isn't out next week?

Thanks for the news.

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2003, 07:37:22 pm »
Quote:

The latest version of the patch is currently winding its way through the QA process.  Taldren sent us an updated version yesterday, and we are testing it.  There have been some issues cropping up - new bugs that had to be fixed - which is typical of any project.

I'm glad of your confidence, considering...

=-)

EDIT: Dash Jones stole my idea.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 07:39:18 pm by Alidar Jarok »

Arcilte

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2003, 08:30:53 pm »
Good news to hear!  

Aldaron

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2003, 10:28:42 pm »
Just everybody don't go nuts if it isn't out next week. As he said it's not a promise, sure thing or even a highly likely event. It's a BIG maybe.

Subspace

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2003, 11:39:44 pm »
True lets not be Bitchy if its not out !!!!   just know its on the way !!  

FutureTem

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2003, 11:51:30 pm »
Well, at least we now know that the release will be soon. Thanks for the info!

LongTooth

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2003, 01:42:27 am »
Quote:

Dan will the U.K. and the rest of the free world get the pacth at the same time as the U.S.A
or will it be like the beta pacth (only for the U.S.A.) and the U.K. and every where else gets a pacth at a later date  

Shabadu

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2003, 04:19:33 am »
We're on a collision course! Taldren hard a starboard! There's a planet not 700 lightyears away, watch out

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2003, 04:54:35 am »
We're nearing the edge of the PATCH sir!

Aoav160

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2003, 04:58:38 am »
"Soon"

Dan Hagerty

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2003, 09:02:41 pm »
Quote:

Dan will the U.K. and the rest of the free world get the pacth at the same time as the U.S.A
or will it be like the beta pacth (only for the U.S.A.) and the U.K. and every where else gets a pacth at a later date  

Ooh, good question.  We are currently testing the patch on all four versions of SFC (US, Best Buy US, UK, GM) and it's working quite well on all.  Our plan is to release one patch, a worldwide patch, that will bring everyone up to the latest code base.

So, that's a long way of saying, "Yes, you will get a patch,too."      

FutureTem

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2003, 09:27:28 pm »
Again, thx from Germany for the info, sir.

Hale

D3
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2003, 10:46:43 pm »
Can you give an indication as to what state D3 will be in after the patch?  Seamless six player games and such?

Thanks!  

FutureTem

Re: D3
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2003, 11:00:07 am »
On the old Dynaverse 3 Experiences Forum, there was a thread that included a list of about 100 things the patch MIGHT change, an official list.

I'd post a link to this thread, but i dont know if it still can be found somewhere.

But for now, I think we just wait 1 or 2 more weeks. Hopefully, the patch is finally released by then, and we will all get our answers and fixes.

FutureTem

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2003, 11:05:49 am »
Ha, some wise guy found the thread and posted it again on Dyna 3 Experiences. Heres the address.

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=5219&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

ActiveX

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2003, 04:24:08 pm »
Quote:

Ha, some wise guy found the thread and posted it again on Dyna 3 Experiences.

Wanna try that again?  

Hale

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »
Thats fine and dandy, but will it work when they are done?  

I'd like someone to say that D3 will be 'all that' after the patch, rather then a crash, boot, or disconnect after every battle festival.    

LongTooth

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2003, 06:32:03 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Ooh, good question.  We are currently testing the patch on all four versions of SFC (US, Best Buy US, UK, GM) and it's working quite well on all.  Our plan is to release one patch, a worldwide patch, that will bring everyone up to the latest code base.

Thanks dan

Bossman

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2003, 07:14:41 pm »
Well well, aren't we being a bit sensitive.    

ActiveX

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2003, 09:43:04 pm »
Passive Agressive actually...  

FutureTem

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2003, 10:14:30 am »
Bump!

Sorok

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2003, 11:10:55 am »
Hmm, The Patch.  Fascinating.  

::Raises Eyebrow ::  

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2003, 12:47:14 pm »
Yeah I would like to know if it still sucks in PvP because if it does I can still take it back.

Im not joking, I want to be able to fight reliably against other people! If this isnt possible then the game will be going back, quick quick before the friendly store manager suspects me of copying the game!

Hale

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2003, 04:42:50 pm »
Thats what I'm looking for.    They can fix 99 out of 100 bugs, but if the 1 bug that's left ruins the experience, then thats all that matters.   If the patch is in its final testing phases, we should be able to get a semi-offical comment on the state of D3.  Unless the dynaverse isn't a priority again, as has happened before.  

Toasty0

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2003, 05:02:15 pm »
Quote:

Thats what I'm looking for.    They can fix 99 out of 100 bugs, but if the 1 bug that's left ruins the experience, then thats all that matters.   If the patch is in its final testing phases, we should be able to get a semi-offical comment on the state of D3.  Unless the dynaverse isn't a priority again, as has happened before.  

It is my understanding that the D3 is being worked upon at a fevered pitch. Don't ask me for details because I couldn't say even if I knew.

Best,
Jerry  

laggy

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2003, 04:17:27 am »
i hope the skirmish MP is sorted as well, gayspy gets on my nerve but i can put up with it if when you finally get a game/wait for load up etc. it would work.
i think what makes it even more annoying is that when you have a skirmish 2v2 or 3v3 or FFA with high amount of players etc. and it works its just soooo much fun once the authorities find out it will be made illegal.
on the odd occasions that it has worked the games usually are really close which you get less on D3, and its just so tense with 2 or 3 totally sh**ged up ships limping around frantically trying to get that 1 big volley in to finish other guy off before he does same to you.

at moment though its not worth trying at least 5 times to get 1 that works, especially as a fail means a system re-boot more often than not.

Hale

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2003, 02:33:27 pm »
Any word on the patch this week?    

AAARGH

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2003, 03:15:02 pm »
Does anyone have any idea when the patch is likely to be available?    

TheJudge

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2003, 04:15:40 pm »
Quote:

Go to Walgreens/Costco/other name brand pharmacy and buy them.  They work real well..

Aldaron

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2003, 07:06:43 pm »
SOON!    

Toasty0

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2003, 07:53:05 pm »
Quote:

SOON!      

Into the agonizer booth with him. He used the most vile word "soon".  

TheSatyr

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2003, 12:15:08 pm »
Was gonna type "soon" 100 times but then Toasty would have deleted my post...*LMAO*    

AAARGH

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2003, 03:09:09 pm »
Soon relative to what? I mean, on the scale of time from the beginning of the universe to now another 300 million years is pretty soon. Are we talking days, weeks, months or years?    

Aenigma

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2003, 03:09:29 pm »
I hope i get it for my birthday (feb 6). It would be the most kind thing ever given to me Until that time i lurk patiently.

Aenigma  

Artie

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2003, 03:42:39 pm »
SFC3 Players: "When is the patch coming out?"

Activision/Taldren Jedi Executives: (waves hand) "The patch will be released soon."

(Note: As a result of the Star Wars reference made in a Star Trek forum, the universe colapses in on itself releasing tremendous
amounts of energy and ironically.... the patch.)  

Aldaron

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2003, 03:50:07 pm »
Quote:

Soon relative to what? I mean, on the scale of time from the beginning of the universe to now another 300 million years is pretty soon. Are we talking days, weeks, months or years?    

Yes. (in best Kosh voice)

korus

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2003, 04:02:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

*Sheridan's Voice:*

I hate it when you do that....

Korus  

Toasty0

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2003, 04:07:10 pm »
Quote:

I hope i get it for my birthday (feb 6). It would be the most kind thing ever given to me Until that time i lurk patiently.

Aenigma  

Hmmmm...I wouldn't know for sure, but...well, as Spock would say, "It is, Captain, like anything, within the realm of possibilities."

Best,
Jerry  

Hale

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2003, 04:33:42 pm »
So any more offical comments about D3 PVP being reliable after the patch?  

I broke down and bought the game and upgrading to DX9, as suggested by Taldren, didn't do squat as far as improving reliability.   Why do we need 3 countdown/loading screens anyway?  More points of failure?    

Vortox

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2003, 12:47:14 am »
Hmmm~ so where is the patch...lol  I sure hope it come really soon.  I am really depress from all the DLL errors...and sync errors...LOL  Darn computer.

*Beam me the patch scotty"  

THORN

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2003, 01:34:33 am »
Quote:

well , first the earth cooled..... then the dinosaurs came. but they got fat and died. They turned into oil and the arabs bought mercades benzs ......  i forget what were we talking about ???

Vertigo

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2003, 03:14:38 am »
Quote:

Quote:

well , first the earth cooled..... then the dinosaurs came. but they got fat and died. They turned into oil and the arabs bought mercades benzs ......  i forget what were we talking about ???

THEY'RE COMING RIGHT FOR US!  <crash>
Awesome flick.  

Vortox

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2003, 05:26:24 pm »
This thread become funnier by the minutes....LOL  

Shabadu

The patch?
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2003, 05:56:20 am »
Shabadu 3:16

And 'lo, He dids't ask, wherefor is that which implements th' will of th' Gods. That device of the Gods, the thing known only as 'Patch'? Hast the For-room been re-made in honour of th' Public Release?  

TheJudge

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2003, 09:46:30 am »
The patch can be acquired at any major drug store and even many grocery stores.  Make sure you clean the skin before adding the patch and follow all directions totally and absolutely.  Do not leave the patch on for more than the recommended number of hours and absolutely do not smoke while wearing the patch (that is the purpose of it afterall).

good luck on quitting somking!

Dash Jones

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2003, 10:59:35 pm »
A new bump, not for THAT patch, but hopefully we'll see an SFC 3 patch next week?  ne pas?  

MagnumMan

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2003, 11:27:50 pm »
Imagine if we all spoke that way, how difficult it would be to figure out what people were saying!

TheSatyr

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2003, 01:44:32 am »

EE

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2003, 01:52:31 am »
Quote:

Tell me more of this 'SKIPPY', I must learn all you have on him.

Toasty0

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2003, 02:35:42 am »

Mags has the patch. But as he is now on a bus to Mexico (why? I do not know) it may be months before we see it.

What I want to know is how he is able to post from that bus.

Best,
Jerry  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2003, 02:36:34 am by Toasty0 »

NCC2012

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2003, 01:02:24 am »

EE

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2003, 01:18:11 am »
[homer voice]Mmmmmm Bacon.... Auuguggggggg [/homer voice]

Vortox

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2003, 09:50:39 pm »
NO...come back...we need the patch now....AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~ *silence*

Artie

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2003, 11:36:06 pm »
I got that patch from the drug store but when I installed it the processor slowed down to like half speed for fifteen minutes and then sped up again.  Now the darn thing is smoking! I'm suing taldren, activision, interplay, 14 degrees east,  paramount, gamespy, flipside, quicksilver, and the voice who keeps telling me "We're on a collision course!"  We are not on a collision course so relax OK!  

Arcilte

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2003, 11:48:08 pm »
Quote:

Hot Cha where are you?  

Toasty0

Mags and The patch?
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2003, 05:51:24 am »

UPDATE:

It has been reported that Mags was spotted outside Mexico City hiring a taxi to take him to a remote location of a defunct radio station...

More as details become available!  

skippy

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2003, 04:22:31 pm »
...I just woke up & Dragos IV is a hole!  

FutureTem

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2003, 05:15:27 pm »
And while we are at it, lets also smack the one aboard our ships who always remembers us that "We're nearing the EDGE of the sector SIR" or "WE'RE NEARING the edge of the SECTOR sir", not to forget "we're nearing THE edge of THE sector sir"!

/humor

Ok, serious now. Has anyone REALLY heard something new on that patch for SFC3? I think its more than about time now that we finally get it, or at least an update how slow..... uhm fast Taldren works on it and when we can expect it.

Dan Hagerty

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2003, 06:16:26 pm »

Mentat Jon

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2003, 06:39:56 pm »
The Important question is will the patch come WITH a manual  

Hale

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2003, 06:52:18 pm »
Quote:

Can you tell us if you expect all of the of the D3 issues to be addressed?

Thanks!

Artie

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2003, 07:03:46 pm »
Dan, thanks for the updated timetable.

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2003, 07:06:13 pm »
Quote:

Now those are sweet news!!

Dash Jones

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2003, 07:19:23 pm »
Will you eat dirt if it isn't out next week?

Thanks for the news.

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2003, 07:37:22 pm »
Quote:

I'm glad of your confidence, considering...

=-)

EDIT: Dash Jones stole my idea.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 07:39:18 pm by Alidar Jarok »

Arcilte

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2003, 08:30:53 pm »
Good news to hear!  

Aldaron

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2003, 10:28:42 pm »
Just everybody don't go nuts if it isn't out next week. As he said it's not a promise, sure thing or even a highly likely event. It's a BIG maybe.

Subspace

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2003, 11:39:44 pm »
True lets not be Bitchy if its not out !!!!   just know its on the way !!  

FutureTem

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2003, 11:51:30 pm »
Well, at least we now know that the release will be soon. Thanks for the info!

LongTooth

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2003, 01:42:27 am »
Quote:

Shabadu

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2003, 04:19:33 am »
We're on a collision course! Taldren hard a starboard! There's a planet not 700 lightyears away, watch out

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2003, 04:54:35 am »
We're nearing the edge of the PATCH sir!

Aoav160

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2003, 04:58:38 am »
"Soon"

Dan Hagerty

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2003, 09:02:41 pm »
Quote:

FutureTem

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2003, 09:27:28 pm »
Again, thx from Germany for the info, sir.

Hale

D3
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2003, 10:46:43 pm »
Can you give an indication as to what state D3 will be in after the patch?  Seamless six player games and such?

Thanks!  

FutureTem

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2003, 11:00:07 am »
On the old Dynaverse 3 Experiences Forum, there was a thread that included a list of about 100 things the patch MIGHT change, an official list.

I'd post a link to this thread, but i dont know if it still can be found somewhere.

But for now, I think we just wait 1 or 2 more weeks. Hopefully, the patch is finally released by then, and we will all get our answers and fixes.

FutureTem

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2003, 11:05:49 am »
Ha, some wise guy found the thread and posted it again on Dyna 3 Experiences. Heres the address.

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=5219&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

ActiveX

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2003, 04:24:08 pm »
Quote:

Ha, some wise guy found the thread and posted it again on Dyna 3 Experiences.

Wanna try that again?  

Hale

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »
Thats fine and dandy, but will it work when they are done?  

I'd like someone to say that D3 will be 'all that' after the patch, rather then a crash, boot, or disconnect after every battle festival.    

LongTooth

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2003, 06:32:03 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks dan

Bossman

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2003, 07:14:41 pm »
Well well, aren't we being a bit sensitive.    

ActiveX

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2003, 09:43:04 pm »
Passive Agressive actually...  

FutureTem

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2003, 10:14:30 am »
Bump!

Sorok

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2003, 11:10:55 am »
Hmm, The Patch.  Fascinating.  

::Raises Eyebrow ::  

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2003, 12:47:14 pm »
Yeah I would like to know if it still sucks in PvP because if it does I can still take it back.

Im not joking, I want to be able to fight reliably against other people! If this isnt possible then the game will be going back, quick quick before the friendly store manager suspects me of copying the game!

Hale

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2003, 04:42:50 pm »

Toasty0

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2003, 05:02:15 pm »
Quote:

It is my understanding that the D3 is being worked upon at a fevered pitch. Don't ask me for details because I couldn't say even if I knew.

Best,
Jerry  

laggy

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2003, 04:17:27 am »
i hope the skirmish MP is sorted as well, gayspy gets on my nerve but i can put up with it if when you finally get a game/wait for load up etc. it would work.
i think what makes it even more annoying is that when you have a skirmish 2v2 or 3v3 or FFA with high amount of players etc. and it works its just soooo much fun once the authorities find out it will be made illegal.
on the odd occasions that it has worked the games usually are really close which you get less on D3, and its just so tense with 2 or 3 totally sh**ged up ships limping around frantically trying to get that 1 big volley in to finish other guy off before he does same to you.

at moment though its not worth trying at least 5 times to get 1 that works, especially as a fail means a system re-boot more often than not.

Hale

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2003, 02:33:27 pm »
Any word on the patch this week?    

AAARGH

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2003, 03:15:02 pm »

TheJudge

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2003, 04:15:40 pm »
Quote:

Go to Walgreens/Costco/other name brand pharmacy and buy them.  They work real well..

Aldaron

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2003, 07:06:43 pm »
SOON!    

Toasty0

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2003, 07:53:05 pm »
Quote:

SOON!      

Into the agonizer booth with him. He used the most vile word "soon".  

TheSatyr

« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2003, 12:15:08 pm »
Was gonna type "soon" 100 times but then Toasty would have deleted my post...*LMAO*    

AAARGH

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2003, 03:09:09 pm »

Aenigma

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2003, 03:09:29 pm »

Aenigma  

Artie

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2003, 03:42:39 pm »
SFC3 Players: "When is the patch coming out?"

Activision/Taldren Jedi Executives: (waves hand) "The patch will be released soon."

(Note: As a result of the Star Wars reference made in a Star Trek forum, the universe colapses in on itself releasing tremendous
amounts of energy and ironically.... the patch.)  

Aldaron

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2003, 03:50:07 pm »
Quote:

korus

« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2003, 04:02:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

*Sheridan's Voice:*

I hate it when you do that....

Korus  

Toasty0

« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2003, 04:07:10 pm »
Quote:

Aenigma  

Hmmmm...I wouldn't know for sure, but...well, as Spock would say, "It is, Captain, like anything, within the realm of possibilities."

Best,
Jerry  

Hale

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2003, 04:33:42 pm »
So any more offical comments about D3 PVP being reliable after the patch?  

I broke down and bought the game and upgrading to DX9, as suggested by Taldren, didn't do squat as far as improving reliability.   Why do we need 3 countdown/loading screens anyway?  More points of failure?    

Vortox

« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2003, 12:47:14 am »
Hmmm~ so where is the patch...lol  I sure hope it come really soon.  I am really depress from all the DLL errors...and sync errors...LOL  Darn computer.

*Beam me the patch scotty"  

THORN

« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2003, 01:34:33 am »
Quote:

Vertigo

« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2003, 03:14:38 am »
Quote:

Quote:

THEY'RE COMING RIGHT FOR US!  <crash>
Awesome flick.  

Vortox

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2003, 05:26:24 pm »
This thread become funnier by the minutes....LOL