Topic: Idea for WillardDcker  (Read 9502 times)

Captain Ron

Re: Idea for WillardDcker
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2003, 01:20:02 pm »
Thanks for the offer but I have been here so long I have things from SFC 1 until now. Not to mention any and everything I have changed. I have actually been hanging at these forums almost since they came up, and registered because of a debate that finally made me want to be a part of this place.

No currently I think I have everything I was looking for and Allot of things I don't use anymore. I thought that it sounded like a interesting Idea so I did it and liked the way it has been turing out. The LCA and Re-coloured RCA2 were done for a friend but looked good in a battle. I figured you would get a kick out of them so I sent them up to you.

As for the rest this community use to be one of the best places to go, everyone was helpful and it was fun here. It worked out well until SFC:OP came out. The forums members really grew in size and so did the attitudes from new ppl. This actually forced the modellers to leave as well as many forum regulars, me included for a year or so. Most of the problem ppl left when SFC 3 came out and they got there own forums. This place has seen the regulars slowly come back and the community seems to be reforming. You should have seen this place before the choas tore it appart, everyone was even more helpful then and this type of treatment was common place from everyone.

WillardDcker

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2003, 03:29:59 pm »
Well as to some new modified Enterprise Classes there are some coming especially in my Star Trek: Khambatta project comeing to my site. As to ships like Romulan Enterprise Classes. I am drawing some ideas for some but they will more than likely not be shown until the website is up since I want to keep a lot of things top secret. But I have been listening to what you are all saying :-)

I am also looking for some people who are good with 3D modelling, design and graphics to help with my Star Trek Khambatta. If anyone is interested contact me at victorygreen@hotmail.com

Decker Out.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2003, 06:52:21 pm »
Right now
there is a 1701, 1701A, and the 7101 (I used themackiestuff Iron Cross class for the remade Deflector)
these are all very similar ships with just the texture colours being different, and I should know as I have them all.
The RCA one I did for fun is a green instead of the blue you used for the Kambatta. Your ships or these had no readme.txt file so I did not know, was not sure who did them, but they all ressenble each other except the texture colours.

then I got Screwy and and made the mint green RCA 2 and the Yellow and Brown LCA.
Since they are all just colour changed versions of the Textures I got from you do you want a copy?
They will never see a download site more than likily, and were done for fun.

Kaenyne

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2003, 09:13:31 pm »
Argh!

Okay. This is what I did:

I unzipped both files you sent and put them in their own directories.

Then I copied the .mod file from Khambatta and put one copy into each directory.

So then I looked at the Romulanized models with Model Viewer and the first only shows the textures on the neck, deflector and the front portion of the secondary hull. The rest is plain white.

The second model is entirely white.

What step/s am I missing?  

Kaenyne

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2003, 09:24:21 pm »
Darn it! I realized I didn't convert the jpegs into bmps. Well, I started to do that and ran into another problem:

I have several bitmaps choices: monmochrome, 16 color, 24 color and 256 color. In every case when I save hem as any form of bmp, they turn ugly.

Any suggestions?

Captain Ron

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2003, 09:57:48 pm »
Ok

First I sent to other files the RCA2 and the LCA to the Yahoo account

They should all be saved as 24-Bit

the files should read all in the same directory
FCA.mod
FCA_1_1.bmp
FCA_1_1i.bmp
FCA_1_2.bmp
FCA_1_2i.bmp
FCA_1_3.bmp
FCA_1_3i.bmp
FCA_1_4.bmp
FCA_1_4i.bmp
FCA_1_5.bmp
FCA_1_5i.bmp
FCA_1_6.bmp
FCA_1_6i.bmp
FCA_1_7.bmp
FCA_1_7i.bmp
FCA_1_8.bmp
FCA_1_8i.bmp

at least that will make the model work, I already reduced them but because they are coverted Jpegs on my end now (deleted the wrong file) they are not as clear as they once were. I will zip them up and send them out to you.

Kaenyne

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2003, 01:01:49 pm »
Okay. I have the new files and will unzip 'em when I get home.

And I'll try converting the jpegs to bmps and see how the first Romulan CA looks afterward.

Again, I really appreciate all your time helping me with this.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2003, 11:51:10 pm »
So how did it work out?

Got all three up and running now?

Kaenyne

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2003, 07:49:33 am »
They all work great! Okay, I actually haven't had time to play test any of 'em but I unzipped everything, copied the .mod files to 'em and looked at them in modviewer. And they all lookk soooo cool!

I like what you did with the colorations. I think what I'm going to do is think of them as captured Constitutions of their respective species and replace the stock CAs...or maybe just add them to their heavy cruiser lists.

In any case, I love them all. Thank you very, very much!

Captain Ron

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2003, 11:07:33 am »
If they work in Taldrens model viewer then they will work in the game.

and Your Welcome.

Kaenyne

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2003, 02:42:14 pm »
Excellent!

Tonight I'm going to try and find some time to play them in game.

I have an odd request: what do you say to a Hydran captured Constitution? You could fly her next to the Hydran captured Klingon K'T'inga (found at the Galactic Paint and Body Shop by the way).

Yup, she'll look weird. I see lots of purples and blues...

Captain Ron

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2003, 05:05:40 am »
Don't know yet to a hydran one, had not gotten to far away from the federation yet, was looking at the Mirak going hmmm.... a red and gold E!

Also was looking for a picture of Scooby Doo and the Mystry Machine Thinking why not? the kids will like it at least.

Kaenyne

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2003, 07:55:30 am »
Hey, I like your ideas, too!

The Mystery Machine sounds like a really fun project.

And you know, I actually have a Mirak Constitution, believe it or not.

It has a skull-like paintjob on the primary hull, green nacelle glows and deflector, and is red and gold. It's not as detailed as yours or Willarddcker's ships, but I think it looks really nice.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2003, 03:29:39 am »
Yeah I have that one too think it was admiral frey or someone one from a long time back.

Completed the Mirak one and just have to reduce down the textures so they are sendable then I need to find some drugs because I have a feeling that is the only way I will want to see blue and purple as much as needed for that shup.

Captain Ron

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2003, 05:32:32 am »
Zipped up and on its way.

Next stop Hydran FCA
Then off to Scooby Doo!

Kaenyne

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2003, 09:03:57 am »
Alright! Thank you, sir! You're the man!

Soon enough, you and I are gonna have quite an armada of Constitutions. The more the merrier I say!

Too bad I can only fly 3 at a time!  

If you're looking for more ideas for Constitutions, here's some lighthearted ones:

1) How 'bout a 1950s hot rod motif, with flames...

2) or maybe (heh, heh) a FedEx delivery ship. Now that would be funny!

3) An last but not least, one word: poikadots! (ok, that one's out there)  

Kaenyne

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2003, 11:33:13 am »
Ooooooooooh.... I had forgotten something from a while back that I have been meaning to ask you:

Are you familiar with Mackie's Galahad? She is my favorite non canon ship. (Constitution will ALWAYS be my alltime favorite) but I have really liked Mackie's creation for several reasons (she LOOKS like she could be canon, she looks like an Excelsior on steroids, and she is just plain beautful to name a few).

For a long time I've wanted to have some variants of her to fly alongside my Constitutions...like evil versions, etc.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2003, 11:40:04 am »
D'oh!

Got excited again and forgot something:

Have you considered talking to Willarddcker about partnering up? I think you guys would make a kickin' team!

As you probably already know, he's working on some ships and a website. As much as I appreciate you sending me your creations, it would be even cooler if everybody had access to your stuff. Between you and Willarddcker, you would have THE PREMIERE site for the  Constitution Class!

Just thinking too much again...    

Captain Ron

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2003, 12:39:15 pm »
Yeah I know that one it is based off of P81s work for the XCA stuff for OP.

As for the partnership I know he is looking for a few but in all honesty I only do things that interest me, otherwise I get pretty Flaky about finishing projects. I have a whole host of unfinished models, I have some of them in the game as pirate ships. I figured just because I did not finish them doesn't mean they aren't useful.

Actually themackiestuff has allot of Deckers work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain Ron »

Kaenyne

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2003, 12:49:57 pm »
Actually I can do better than the link.

I have the model if want her just to add to your collection.

However, if you just want to take a gander at her, you see see her here: http://www.themackiestuff.com/ships/images/galahad.jpg

The Galahad Class is the smaller of the two ships. The much larger vessel is the Hellbender. (And Hellbender was done by a request I made months ago for a bigger, badder Galahad) I think Mackie did a sweet job on both of 'em.

And if you want 'em, both (and a lot more) can be downloaded from here: http://www.themackiestuff.com/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=8