Topic: Idea for WillardDcker  (Read 9521 times)

Kaenyne

Idea for WillardDcker
« on: August 08, 2003, 02:34:15 pm »
Hey WillardDcker:

Don'r want to take up too much of your modeling time but I had an idea this morning:

As you are putting up a website for your models, creating more Enterprise Class variants, etc. I thought this was something you could keep in the back of your mind for a future project.

I am a sucker for the Enterprise Class and all of your versions. But I have never seen a "Romulanized" version. Probably because most folks would think it is a bad idea.

However, I think that a modeler of your calibur could pull it off splendidly.

What I see is recolored parts as you did for Khambatta in a green hue, with the TNG style Romulan Empire symbol replacing the Starfleet emblems, green navigational deflector and nacelle glows, etc.

You may be groaning by now, but I think this would make a hauntingly beautful starship and a unique addition to your modeling resume.  Just something to think about.

Comments anyone?  

Captain Ron

Re: Idea for WillardDcker
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 09:55:51 pm »
Actually that would not be to hard to do yourself to the current textures. Changing the colour on a current texture is much easier that creating your own. I do that all the time but most of it is never released as i am pretty much doing it to see if I can and if it looks cool or not.

WillardDcker actually makes really clear textures which makes the job much easier to do.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 12:40:02 am »
Actually.....I'd like to see Will's idea of what the Klingon ships look like in the mirror universe..as some of the other races....

Would they look more "fed' like?

Captain Ron

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 01:56:14 am »
Made a quick set to give an idea of what it may look like and sent it to you Kaenyne

Captain Ron

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 12:30:51 pm »
Kaenyne,
Check your E-Mail you have posted in your profile. I sent you a rom version of the Kambatta with no registries or making yet. I will probably add the romulan markings but not the registries. I also have to do the impulse dome I just noticed I left it blue and not the green it should be.

Let me know what you think of her

Kaenyne

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2003, 12:30:52 pm »
Hey Captain Ron!

Thanks for going out of youe way to show me your ideas.

Unfortunately, I did not receive your email. If you sent it to my hotmail, it may have been automatically deleted (It has filters on it).

I could switch them off for awhile or perhaps you could post a pic on this thread...

But thanks again. That was very cool of you!

Kaenyne  

Captain Ron

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2003, 12:32:33 pm »
LOL,

Let me know if this one makes it if not I can send it to a different address.
It is from gotafarmyet for my hotmail account

Don't currently have a way to post pics so the file is the best that I can do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain Ron »

Kaenyne

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2003, 01:00:03 pm »
Well, it hasn't shown p yet, evven with the fileters down.

Try thius address: furkindred@yahoo.ca  

Captain Ron

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2003, 03:53:28 pm »
Sorry was out getting ready for tonights football game, it is on the way to the yahoo account now.

Captain Ron

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2003, 08:31:20 pm »
Did it make it?

Captain Ron

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2003, 05:29:03 am »
Also added a update to it now found a deflector very close to this one so I added it

Haven't played with it much as with out the layers it took to make it it will be hard to change the colours.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2003, 05:47:25 am »
Hello Willard Decker
  Have you considered this variant of the Constitution class?

I think it would be neat to have this version included also  

Kaenyne

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2003, 03:30:05 pm »
Hey Captain Ron:

I got both your emails today. Thanks!

I can see the jpegs of the textures.

Looking really cool...

As I'm ignorant of modeling, are either of them playable in SFC2?

Captain Ron

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2003, 07:22:47 pm »
Yes they will work in SFC 2 and SFC:OP

I did not send the *.mod file as it made the file to big. The Jpegs have to be converted to bmps in order for the mod file to see them in SFC 2 or OP. So you will have to down load the kambatta or his enterprise model and convert the textures to make it work.

They work fine as I use them in OP

Kaenyne

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2003, 08:20:59 am »
Well, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it, but your instructions are kinda beyond me. The only way I have changed out models was by adding the model to the ships already in the game and then going through Shipedit and choosing the new model for the stock ship.

This sounds like something more in depth. And as I'm a little paranoid about messing up my game, could you write a "Dummy's Guide" (i.e. step-by-step procedure) for turning Willarddcker's Khambatta into your Romulanized versions?

Soory to be such a pain, but this stuff is like a foreign language to me.

Thanks in advance!
Kaenyne  

Captain Ron

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2003, 11:50:48 am »
Actually it is easier than you think.

I sent a RCA2 and a LCA to you last night all you need to do is get the FCA.mod file from the Kambatta and copy it into the their directories to make them work.

Lets start with these guys first as they will be the easiest to do.
  • go to the place you want to unzip them to and create a directory for each of them
  • Unzip them into those directories
  • Unzip the ltmaps into those directories (this step is not needed if I resend the files)
  • Go to were you have Wil Deckers Kambatta mod and right click on the FCA.mod file select copy
  • Paste it into each of those directories you created for the ships
  • These guys are now ready to be added to the game

If you want I can send you the files with the light maps already in them for these to guys, but the FCA.mod file you will have to add yourself or I can send it in a seprate Zip file. Hotmail really limits the size of the file I can send.

Now you have two options:
1 I can reduce the texture size for the first RCA I sent to you. This allow allow them to fit in one zip file and be ready to be used by the same instructions as above.
2 Covert the Jpegs by using MSPaint (comes with windows) back to BMP files. You just open the file and tell it to save as and use the lower box to select the file type.

after that it will work as the same as the directions above.

Background Willam Decker created his textures in 1024 DPI (dots per inch) probably because this gives you allot of detail. Other sizes available and easily switched to are 512 and 256 (Taldrens game texture size) but the small the DPI the less Detail will be there. The same thing goes with the Jpegs verse BMP files less details in the Jpegs and they are become smaller files. I coverted them to Jpegs because it is faster to do that reducing the DPIs' of each Texture. The reason you have to conver them back is when he applied the texture to the model he did them as BMPfiles so the model is looking for name.bmp not name.jpg this means the textures will not be seen by the model and you get a all white Ship in the game.

So at this point I can re-send the RCA2 and LCA files, All you have to do to make them work is add the FCA.mod file into their directories and add them to the game.

I can reduce the DPI of the textures on the first RCA I made and send them to you. Then you will have to add the mod file as well as enter them into the game. This is probably the easiest thing for you to do, as I currently can not send the larger files to you (1024 DPI textures are out of the question). The difference in quality are huge as each reduction is ruffly half the details of the larger file but about 1/4 (3,145K for 1024 vs 786K for 512) of the size.

Kaenyne

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2003, 12:05:42 pm »
Alright! Thank you, Capatain Ron!

You're a huge help.

I really appreciate your asisstance!

I won't be able to try out your instruction until this evening but the first set (the 6 steps way) look like a piece of cake.

The lightmaps portion: are you talking about the RCA2 and LCA? (BTW, thanks for those guys too!) Do the first two Romulanized ships you sent have these lightmaps?

Kaenyne

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2003, 12:09:32 pm »
Shoulda checked my email before I wrote you back.

Have you sent a total of four models to my yahoo address?

If so, I didn't get the next two. I definately got the two Romulanized Constitutions.

Sorry 'bout that.

Captain Ron

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2003, 12:20:32 pm »
Like I said it is no problem to resend the RCA2 and the LCA, their zips are now ready to go. You just have to add the mod file to them.

But they will have to wait until I get home some time tonight as I live in CA this could be quite late for you.

The orginal RCA is the choice I can reduce the files and send them or you can conver the Jpg files to BMP. Let me know which you would prefer to do.

Kaenyne

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2003, 12:44:10 pm »
I think I'll try my hand at coverting jpegs to bmps as that sounds like the easiest thing to do.

And that way texture size won't have to be reduced?

Thanks!

Can't wait to see 'em!

BTW, I'd like to return the favor somehow.

Are there any models you've been looking for? Or other things like weapons textures, planets, etc.?

Captain Ron

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2003, 01:20:02 pm »
Thanks for the offer but I have been here so long I have things from SFC 1 until now. Not to mention any and everything I have changed. I have actually been hanging at these forums almost since they came up, and registered because of a debate that finally made me want to be a part of this place.

No currently I think I have everything I was looking for and Allot of things I don't use anymore. I thought that it sounded like a interesting Idea so I did it and liked the way it has been turing out. The LCA and Re-coloured RCA2 were done for a friend but looked good in a battle. I figured you would get a kick out of them so I sent them up to you.

As for the rest this community use to be one of the best places to go, everyone was helpful and it was fun here. It worked out well until SFC:OP came out. The forums members really grew in size and so did the attitudes from new ppl. This actually forced the modellers to leave as well as many forum regulars, me included for a year or so. Most of the problem ppl left when SFC 3 came out and they got there own forums. This place has seen the regulars slowly come back and the community seems to be reforming. You should have seen this place before the choas tore it appart, everyone was even more helpful then and this type of treatment was common place from everyone.

WillardDcker

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2003, 03:29:59 pm »
Well as to some new modified Enterprise Classes there are some coming especially in my Star Trek: Khambatta project comeing to my site. As to ships like Romulan Enterprise Classes. I am drawing some ideas for some but they will more than likely not be shown until the website is up since I want to keep a lot of things top secret. But I have been listening to what you are all saying :-)

I am also looking for some people who are good with 3D modelling, design and graphics to help with my Star Trek Khambatta. If anyone is interested contact me at victorygreen@hotmail.com

Decker Out.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2003, 06:52:21 pm »
Right now
there is a 1701, 1701A, and the 7101 (I used themackiestuff Iron Cross class for the remade Deflector)
these are all very similar ships with just the texture colours being different, and I should know as I have them all.
The RCA one I did for fun is a green instead of the blue you used for the Kambatta. Your ships or these had no readme.txt file so I did not know, was not sure who did them, but they all ressenble each other except the texture colours.

then I got Screwy and and made the mint green RCA 2 and the Yellow and Brown LCA.
Since they are all just colour changed versions of the Textures I got from you do you want a copy?
They will never see a download site more than likily, and were done for fun.

Kaenyne

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2003, 09:13:31 pm »
Argh!

Okay. This is what I did:

I unzipped both files you sent and put them in their own directories.

Then I copied the .mod file from Khambatta and put one copy into each directory.

So then I looked at the Romulanized models with Model Viewer and the first only shows the textures on the neck, deflector and the front portion of the secondary hull. The rest is plain white.

The second model is entirely white.

What step/s am I missing?  

Kaenyne

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2003, 09:24:21 pm »
Darn it! I realized I didn't convert the jpegs into bmps. Well, I started to do that and ran into another problem:

I have several bitmaps choices: monmochrome, 16 color, 24 color and 256 color. In every case when I save hem as any form of bmp, they turn ugly.

Any suggestions?

Captain Ron

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2003, 09:57:48 pm »
Ok

First I sent to other files the RCA2 and the LCA to the Yahoo account

They should all be saved as 24-Bit

the files should read all in the same directory
FCA.mod
FCA_1_1.bmp
FCA_1_1i.bmp
FCA_1_2.bmp
FCA_1_2i.bmp
FCA_1_3.bmp
FCA_1_3i.bmp
FCA_1_4.bmp
FCA_1_4i.bmp
FCA_1_5.bmp
FCA_1_5i.bmp
FCA_1_6.bmp
FCA_1_6i.bmp
FCA_1_7.bmp
FCA_1_7i.bmp
FCA_1_8.bmp
FCA_1_8i.bmp

at least that will make the model work, I already reduced them but because they are coverted Jpegs on my end now (deleted the wrong file) they are not as clear as they once were. I will zip them up and send them out to you.

Kaenyne

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2003, 01:01:49 pm »
Okay. I have the new files and will unzip 'em when I get home.

And I'll try converting the jpegs to bmps and see how the first Romulan CA looks afterward.

Again, I really appreciate all your time helping me with this.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2003, 11:51:10 pm »
So how did it work out?

Got all three up and running now?

Kaenyne

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2003, 07:49:33 am »
They all work great! Okay, I actually haven't had time to play test any of 'em but I unzipped everything, copied the .mod files to 'em and looked at them in modviewer. And they all lookk soooo cool!

I like what you did with the colorations. I think what I'm going to do is think of them as captured Constitutions of their respective species and replace the stock CAs...or maybe just add them to their heavy cruiser lists.

In any case, I love them all. Thank you very, very much!

Captain Ron

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2003, 11:07:33 am »
If they work in Taldrens model viewer then they will work in the game.

and Your Welcome.

Kaenyne

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2003, 02:42:14 pm »
Excellent!

Tonight I'm going to try and find some time to play them in game.

I have an odd request: what do you say to a Hydran captured Constitution? You could fly her next to the Hydran captured Klingon K'T'inga (found at the Galactic Paint and Body Shop by the way).

Yup, she'll look weird. I see lots of purples and blues...

Captain Ron

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2003, 05:05:40 am »
Don't know yet to a hydran one, had not gotten to far away from the federation yet, was looking at the Mirak going hmmm.... a red and gold E!

Also was looking for a picture of Scooby Doo and the Mystry Machine Thinking why not? the kids will like it at least.

Kaenyne

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2003, 07:55:30 am »
Hey, I like your ideas, too!

The Mystery Machine sounds like a really fun project.

And you know, I actually have a Mirak Constitution, believe it or not.

It has a skull-like paintjob on the primary hull, green nacelle glows and deflector, and is red and gold. It's not as detailed as yours or Willarddcker's ships, but I think it looks really nice.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2003, 03:29:39 am »
Yeah I have that one too think it was admiral frey or someone one from a long time back.

Completed the Mirak one and just have to reduce down the textures so they are sendable then I need to find some drugs because I have a feeling that is the only way I will want to see blue and purple as much as needed for that shup.

Captain Ron

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2003, 05:32:32 am »
Zipped up and on its way.

Next stop Hydran FCA
Then off to Scooby Doo!

Kaenyne

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2003, 09:03:57 am »
Alright! Thank you, sir! You're the man!

Soon enough, you and I are gonna have quite an armada of Constitutions. The more the merrier I say!

Too bad I can only fly 3 at a time!  

If you're looking for more ideas for Constitutions, here's some lighthearted ones:

1) How 'bout a 1950s hot rod motif, with flames...

2) or maybe (heh, heh) a FedEx delivery ship. Now that would be funny!

3) An last but not least, one word: poikadots! (ok, that one's out there)  

Kaenyne

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2003, 11:33:13 am »
Ooooooooooh.... I had forgotten something from a while back that I have been meaning to ask you:

Are you familiar with Mackie's Galahad? She is my favorite non canon ship. (Constitution will ALWAYS be my alltime favorite) but I have really liked Mackie's creation for several reasons (she LOOKS like she could be canon, she looks like an Excelsior on steroids, and she is just plain beautful to name a few).

For a long time I've wanted to have some variants of her to fly alongside my Constitutions...like evil versions, etc.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2003, 11:40:04 am »
D'oh!

Got excited again and forgot something:

Have you considered talking to Willarddcker about partnering up? I think you guys would make a kickin' team!

As you probably already know, he's working on some ships and a website. As much as I appreciate you sending me your creations, it would be even cooler if everybody had access to your stuff. Between you and Willarddcker, you would have THE PREMIERE site for the  Constitution Class!

Just thinking too much again...    

Captain Ron

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2003, 12:39:15 pm »
Yeah I know that one it is based off of P81s work for the XCA stuff for OP.

As for the partnership I know he is looking for a few but in all honesty I only do things that interest me, otherwise I get pretty Flaky about finishing projects. I have a whole host of unfinished models, I have some of them in the game as pirate ships. I figured just because I did not finish them doesn't mean they aren't useful.

Actually themackiestuff has allot of Deckers work.

Kaenyne

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2003, 12:49:57 pm »
Actually I can do better than the link.

I have the model if want her just to add to your collection.

However, if you just want to take a gander at her, you see see her here: http://www.themackiestuff.com/ships/images/galahad.jpg

The Galahad Class is the smaller of the two ships. The much larger vessel is the Hellbender. (And Hellbender was done by a request I made months ago for a bigger, badder Galahad) I think Mackie did a sweet job on both of 'em.

And if you want 'em, both (and a lot more) can be downloaded from here: http://www.themackiestuff.com/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=8  

Captain Ron

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2003, 12:57:02 pm »
I think I could do her in a pink Barbie style corvette type way, I think that is the evilest thing I could do to anyone!

Actually the funniest part is you mentioned a FedEx version for laughs, I have a UPS version pretty close to done, I have the all brown Big E for the start of the Scooby one. Will not be hard to add UPS on the side.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2003, 01:31:11 pm »
Arh! Barbie! Pain! Hurt! Agony! Ok I'm sorry about the polkadots remark. I take it back! Pink just hurts!  

But you and I seem to lean towards the silly (i.e. FedEx, UPS, Scooby Doo). I like those...UPS...heh,heh...  

Captain Ron

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2003, 04:09:17 am »
The over-Nighter is on the way!

Mod file is included and dir is also in the zip.
Still looking for a good picture of Scoobys' head and dog tag.

Kaenyne

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2003, 08:06:07 pm »
Hey Captain!

Just D/Ld the UPS "ahem" truck and I'm gonna fly her real soon.

She's just too neat! Thank you, sir (may I have another?)  

Captain Ron

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2003, 09:36:30 pm »
Already on the way FedEx should be there by now.

Just replace the photon texture with boxes and watch the shippers battle it out.

Kaenyne

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2003, 11:10:41 pm »
Got her a few minutes ago! Much abliged!  
Cool, cool, and more cool! UPS vs. FedEx. Now that's a unique battle!

Again, my twisted brain had more ideas for you to cringe at:

1) Patriotism is very in right now. Old Glory comes to mind...

2) Batman has everything: a plane, a car, a boat...hmmmm...

3) Ice cream! We all scream for ice cream!

Getting tire yet?

(yup, I'm "off")  

E_Look

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2003, 11:42:40 pm »
I've been following this thread with a tad bit of interest.  Kaeyene, where is the d/l link to these rather interesting variations?

Captain Ron

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2003, 01:14:06 am »
There are no links as I don't have a place to upload them to, also if they go public I need to finish the readme files. So far it has just been me and Kaeyene sharing some models and Ideas.

By the way the Flag one is on the way. I orginally tried for the Air Force One look but it was taking too long and I was not sure if it was turning out right (Ithought it was looking bad so I went the other way instead.

Captain Ron

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2003, 01:33:28 am »
E Look,
This is what is currently done:
FedEx_FCA
Flag_FCA
Lyran_FCA
Mirak_FCA
RCA-v1 (in the 1024 textures still, that have to be reduced)
RCA-v2 (the minty green one)
UPS_FCA

In the maybe finished sooner or later phase: (when this happens your guess is as good as mine)
Scooby_FCA (just needs the textures finalized, lots of little errors on them still)
MystryMachine_FCA (may turn into a shuttle craft for the Scooby_FCA)
Hydran_FCA

Things that may never or will never be done: (unless I want to be mean to some one or as a joke)
Barbie_FCA
Pokadots_FCA
HotRod_FCA
IceCream_FCA (although had considered a mint choclate chip one after making the RFCA-v2)

One being Considered:
Batman_FCA

If yopu are interested in any of the completed ones let me know I can send them out.

Kaenyne

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2003, 11:39:32 am »
D'L'd the Flag Constitution and once again you've done a fantastic job!

You're output is incredible.

And I see from other posts that you are getting some attention. That's really cool.

I'm looking forward to your Scooby Doo stuff...."Rooby Roo!" Heh heh...  

Captain Ron

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2003, 12:29:58 pm »
just wish I could do text on the saucer section, everytime I try it looks ugly. I use graphics just because it is easier for me.

Captain Ron

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2003, 03:29:23 pm »
The Scooby Doo is done just trying to make a Mystry Machine shuttle for him now. Once that is done I will send it out.

You want to do a readme.txt for them?
If you can just use someone elses for the basics, just list me as GAFY? for the texture changes and contact Decker for the orginal model and texture credits.

Captain Ron

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2003, 09:14:15 pm »
Scooby one is out now as well as the mystery machine shuttle. Enjoy!

anyone have a site that can host pictures of these things or would like to host them?

Kaenyne

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2003, 08:21:24 am »
Thank you! Thank you!

Man, it feels like Christmas every day! I come home, and a new ship awaits me! I'm incredibly spoiled and it's all your fault, Captain Ron!  

I'd imagine you'd be pretty burned out by now.  If you are, I truly understand. But I do hope somebody would put on pics of your handiwork.

I think that once that hapens, you're going to become pretty popular!

Rooby Roo!

Captain Ron

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2003, 11:58:35 am »
LOL,
Got the Batman one started, I have the basic textures done and the Batwing shuttle. The shuttle is basically a retextured Romulan PF. The hydran one is on hols as I lost the aztec pattern somewhere (if I can not find it, it will take a while to redo).

Work will slow things down this week until the weekend, my co-worker has the week off so I get double the work load for this week.

Kaenyne

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2003, 12:38:18 pm »
Cool Beans, Captain!

Looking forward to D/Ling the new "Batmobiles"

And I thought about it, and the stock Romulan fighter looks a lot like the batplane. Just color her batman, slap a bat symbol on her, and presto! One fresh lookin' batwing!

And really no rush on the Hydran. I can play with all the other neat stuff you've made. I'm sure work will take it out of you this week.

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2003, 12:59:35 pm »
Quote:

I've been following this thread with a tad bit of interest.  Kaeyene, where is the d/l link to these rather interesting variations?  

Me too...sounds like something i would burn to cd and fly around myself.

You can send it to anthonyscott_4@lycos.com please....thanks!

Kaenyne

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2003, 01:30:21 pm »
Anthony Scott:

I can send you the ships, but I can do it as early as tomorrow night. If you want 'em sooner. Captain Ron might be able to help you out there.

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2003, 01:43:41 pm »
That works nicely Kaeyne, thanks alot....i am in the throes of finals right now.

Captain Ron

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2003, 01:15:46 am »

Christmas ain't over yet BTW.
The Batman one is done and something on it turned out rather comical, but I really liked it anyways (always thought Batman need a sense of humor)

So the Mystery Machine one is at a partial state and will not be done until the weekend. Could not find the axtec layer so the Hydra will be shelved for the time being. Isn't that sad you started off wanting a Hydran and it may end up the one not finished. Now off to find Khaliban's readme file to add to it.

Decker if you are in Fontana you are not far from me I got stuck in fullerton (least it ain't Jersey!)

Kaenyne

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2003, 07:48:00 am »
I like Christmas!  Especially as often as I have it now!  

I'm really curious to see how the new "batmobile" looks.

And the Hydran was just one of those ideas I had. I'm more sorry you can't find the aztec file. But you know what they say, "feces occurs".

But the work you've done is excellent and quite a collection in so short a time!  

Captain Ron

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2003, 08:35:23 am »
The "batmobile" has a few extra textures as I was still deciding which ones I liked better. So...
FCA_1_1.bmp
FCA_1_6.bmp
FCA_1_6i.bmp

has an alternate take as
FCA_1_11.bmp
FCA_1_61.bmp
FCA_1_61i.bmp
FCA_1_62.bmp
FCA_1_62i.bmp

The light map for FCA_1_1i.bmp is the same, all black, for both as WZ45 pointed out Glowing gets you noticed really quickly at a long distance. The difference is the bat sybol. The FCA_1_6.bmp, FCA_1_6i.bmp are for different deflectors styles. I did not do the black bat on the yellow background and this currently is a yet, because I could not find any decent pictures of it. I found plent for Batman Beyond and the black bat on the grey uniform so I used those.

Captain Ron

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2003, 01:15:48 am »
Well looked over the Mystery Machine tonight and did the clean up work.

It is down to the Deflector Dish and light maps and it will be finished. so wit ha little luck it should be done in 2 days or so then i only need to make the Scooby shuttle for it.

Kaenyne

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2003, 07:58:51 am »
Anthony Scott: I haven't forgotten about ya. Just been real busy but I'm trying to find enough free time to zip some ships up. I'll have some Constitutions sent your way soon!   Good luck on your finals!

Captain Ron: I D/L'd the "Batmobile" and "Batplane" and took a quick look. I'll have to wait a little bit before I can try 'em in game but they look real cool. Then I'll see what you mean about the phasers firing from the bat symbol.

Thanks very much!

Captain Ron

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2003, 09:00:36 pm »
Mystery Machine is out now with the Scooby Shuttle!

So now those Pesky kids can undo the plots of orions and any one else making a scam with ghosts. Think your romulan cruser can cloak Not with these guys in town!

Enjoy

Ok time for me to get some screen shots together now and look for a host for them. If I get that done I will look for a host for the files if I get the permission to release them. Since this will take awhile to do I am taking a break until it is done.

Captain Ron

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2003, 02:00:58 am »
I did not realize it at the time but that is now 10 cas!

Kaenyne

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2003, 07:57:22 am »
Hey, I think you're right! 10 more Connies to make us happy.

I'll D/L the last one you sent me hopefully tonight!

And thank you for adding so much to my game.

BTW, have you put all of 'em in your game?  

Captain Ron

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2003, 01:31:44 pm »
Usually only to test them and get screen shots for them, at least for those connies

I do use allot of other things i have modified though. I use Deckers Kambatta as my CC+, but it has a modified Deflector. I use the Kligon in WZ45 Demon Renagade site coloured gray as the F5 stuff, also modified it to be a Romulan version for their F5. The ship i use as the FBC-F is the Excelsior II (Iforgot who did it and am not at home to check) I removed the 2 outer engines on the saucer for it. Will probably retexture a few more eventually as I get tires of the way ships look or think this would look cool.  probably have 50-60 modified ships in my collection and am not done yet.

Kaenyne

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2003, 02:03:55 pm »
You certainly keep youself busy modefying ships.

So what did you do to modify thr Khambatta's deflector? I'd like to see it.

And BTW have you seen his latest Connie (the one he named after his fiance)?

Looks really nice. All the red works.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2003, 10:53:36 pm »
Yup sen that one, and I like it!

Will send you the modified deflector all you have to do is replace the exsisting one on his ship for it to work. They will be in the orginal 512x512 200 dpi state, as I have not done any work on them to reduce them (looses to much detail if I do). On most of the ones I did it will take alittle copy and paste work but they can be done to it as well. If you have a scanner or paintshop (not M$ Paint) you can layer them in and get the out line of the newer deflector inside the old one with transperancies and adjust from there (this will probably be over your head) then fill the colours as you see fit or to fit your mood.

Captain Ron

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2003, 01:37:53 pm »
Found a Image host so I will post the pics soon!

Argh!
Just noticed all the mistakes in my earlier work, darn screen shots!
Well back to editing them (may or may not redo the screen shots, depends on how brave I am)

Captain Ron

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2003, 09:24:39 pm »
Here is a link to the pictures it will let me make the code to a gallery but I have no idea how to use it.

GAFYS' CAs!

Kaenyne

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2003, 10:56:15 am »
Okay!  I haven't forgotten about anyone!

I've been in the middle of buying a house and that's where a lot of my time has gone lately.

But tonight I am determined to do what I said I would.

First off, Anthony Scott: I will send at least one Constitutions your way tonight. It will be the one of the two Romulan (this one mint green) versions.
If you'd rather have another one, let me know. Here's the list:

Scooby Doo
Mystery Machine
Batman
Romulan (mint green)
Romulan 2
Lyran
UPS
FedAEx
American Flag
Myrak

And Captain Ron:

Thanks for sending me the texture variations for the Khambatta. What I ended up doing was copying my Khambatta, deleting the old textures and adding the new ones you made, in effect making two variations of her. Seemed like a simple way to do it and have yet a new version too.

I also took a quick look at your pictures and I think they look great as a collage. Very cool! Now we need to get someone to host your models (somebody host em, please!)

Kaenyne

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2003, 08:09:42 am »
Hey Captain Ron and Anthony Scott!

I'm still alive!

They say buying a home is probably the most stressful thing a person can ever do, and I'm beginning to believe 'em!

Anyhow, my schedule is loosening up a bit now so I wanted to drop you guys a line.

Anthony Scott: I sent you one of Captain Ron's Romulan Constitutions (the mint green one) to your yahoo addy.

Please let me know if you got 'er and if you want some more.

Kaenyne  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2003, 03:35:02 pm »
I did indeed receive the ship and added to my colection on cd...my neighbours who work for UPS and FEDEX are eagerly sawaiting the connies in the respective liveries, so send them on at your convenience!

Send them to anthonyscott_4@lycos.com please.

Good luck house hunting!

Semper Fi, Carry On!

Captain Ron

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2003, 08:22:26 pm »
Sent the FedEx and UPS versions to You

Captain Ron

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2003, 02:50:46 pm »
Did you get them Mr. Scott?

Captain Ron

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2003, 11:04:20 am »
hehe...

Just when you thought it was safe to leave this thread!

Coming soon to a Game on your PC the FedEx and UPS versions too
(well as soon as I quit being lazy and finish them)

Kaenyne

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2003, 05:42:32 pm »
Oh Man! That is sooo sweet! I can't wait for this ship and what else you have in store!

This is a wonderful holiday surprise! Thanks for sharing with us, Captain!  

Captain Ron

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2003, 12:18:29 am »
Actually it is done in:
Red (pic above)
Green
Yellow
UPS
FedEx

almost done, well all but the FedEx one is done (zip is 2348 bytes and needs to be reduced)

Kaenyne

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2003, 07:58:49 am »
Hey Captain,

I looked in my email and what did I find?

Not one, not two, but FIVE brand new Excelsior Class starships ready to rock 'n roll!

That was very cool of you to do. They all look great and I'm gonna put them in game today I hope.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2003, 12:00:01 pm »
Yeah they were all on the waiting list to see if I was done with them. Normally I do a retexture job then let it sit for 3-4 days. After that I look them over again to see what I don't like, or what I think is not right with them. After that I see what will be easy/quick to correct, if nothing is then I let it go or if it is I fix it. Was looking at the engines and will probably do a little more on them mostly blur work and add alittle more colour to the glow area.

Captain Ron

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2003, 03:37:11 pm »
Alright I finished up my texture work

The number 4 on the FedEx, UPS, Red, and Green got blurred and are finished the Saucer on the UPS had the orange removed for a light brown. So now they are all complete. I will run them later in the game and get screen shots for them. Will post the picks later tonight.

BTW did you want the redone textures?

Kaenyne

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2003, 03:42:20 pm »
Yes please!

Captain Ron

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2003, 04:28:28 pm »
Nice thing about programs and files they can be taken just about anywhere.

sending away!

Captain Ron

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2003, 11:34:09 pm »
Updated the Photo Page with the models on them...

Anyone want to host them?

GAFYs' Place

Kaenyne

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2003, 08:07:20 am »
Hey Captain!

Thanks for the updated textures! I replaced the old ones and now they're go to go.

So how's progress on finding a host? I know there's somebody out there interested, I just know it.  

E_Look

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Why not upload them to the SFU File Repository?  And, if you just scan the modeling forum threads, there's lots of guys that would gladly host cool new (and even old) models!

Captain Ron

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2003, 12:31:34 am »
Have to give that a try

Anyways coming soon a retextured Ironcross in Green, Yellow, Red and FPF Blue. Registries will be the the Hood, Repluse, Valley Forage, and some word I can not pronounce.

Kaenyne

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2003, 12:36:27 pm »
Hey Captain Ron! Been flying the Excelsiors around and decided to beam down for a little while...

Is the Ironcross a Mackie model? If so, (and please tell me if I've already asked this...life has been a jumble lately) but would you consider recoloring his Galahad also?  

Captain Ron

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2003, 12:55:24 am »
Yes the Ironcross is a Mackie model Kitbashed from Khaliban/'P81 models. The Connie (secondary hull) is Khaliban, the excelisor top is P81s' and Mackie/Atheorhaven neck. Textures are from the orginal artists, appleied bu Mackie/Atheorhaven and then modified by me. That was the short version.

The Galahad is a kitbash by Mackie on P81s' models for the X-Class ships for OP (they were his prototypes, before Paramount selected one). The textures are in pretty bad shape (heavily Blurred) and would require allot of work it is possible but i doubt I would do it more than one. So if I do decide to do it you had better suggest a colour shceme to me before I start orthat is probably the way it will stay.

Right now I am finishing up the Yellow and FPF Ironcross variants and need to get a StarFleet Presidents Connie and Excel not to mention the FPF versions. I can take a look at it after that, and see if it is something I want to do.

Marauth

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2003, 09:06:03 am »
Actually I have 2 of the prototype ships P81 did before Taldren selected the Excalibur - the Gallahad is an infinite improvement over the prototypes, it is infact based off of bits of P81's high-poly (for the time) rendition of the Excalibur and the Odyssey which was just P81's D2 mod Battleship. The actual prototypes for the cruiser were the Proxima (which IMO could have been as good as the Excalibur if done properly) and 2 versions of the Xerxes with different nacelles. There might have been a third cruiser but I don't have it if there was one. Oh and there were 2 destroyers - one based off the Proxima and one off the Xerxes. The prototypes only have a few hundred polies - the Proxima just about scraped into the 1000s and the textures are pieced together from bits and pieces of stock taldren textures even including the 'detail' on the underside of the Excelsior in a lot of places. The Excalibur and Odyssey were much more proffesional works.

Kaenyne

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2003, 05:05:09 pm »
Hey Captain!

Thanks for considering the Galahad!  What I had in mind for her was an "evil" version. Red nav deflector, nacelle glows and red replacing the existing blue on her now. And an overall darker gray hull.Yeah, she is kinda blurry but I just love the overall design. She may be a kitbash, but it's a darn fine one.

I D/L'd the latest Ironcrosses and I'm really starting to like her. She's a good looking ship and I do like your variations.

Looking forward to your latest stuff!

Captain Ron

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2003, 09:26:56 pm »
I got the FPF versions done on the Connie, IronCross, and Excelisor. That leaves the Presidential Connie and Excelisor and some of the textures are done for those so sooner or later they will be finished. I do not have them converted for low resolution textures yet, and do not know if/when they will be done. I will send you the president version when I finish them, they will look at that other ship.

Red huh!?!
You do realize that they have police ships in the game and you will not be able to go ripping through the Galaxy with a new flashy ship.

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2003, 03:57:30 am »
Ok. I felt I had to contribute to this madness too.

So.....Here she is. The DuctTaped Connie

Captain Ron

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2003, 04:47:06 am »
Luv it!

Yes it is a combination of madness and fun. There are serious models though too. I think you should have named it the "U.S.S. Rap Em' Up", with a "don't open til X-Mas" under the shuttle bay.