Topic: Dan, Harry--why is Activision sitting on the patch?  (Read 20335 times)

EE

Re: Dan, Harry--why is Activision sitting on the patch?
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2003, 11:18:47 am »
Thanks for the info Dan. I know I get grumpy sometimes and lose some patience when waiting for a patch but when you, Erik, David etc give us info it makes the wait a ton easier. Any new and revised date on when the patch may be out? My net connection could go ANY minute and I would really love to get just a bit of online play in.

DarkMaster

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2003, 07:12:56 pm »
Ok...this is getting ridiculous now.  Dan, Harry--the US version is supposedly done with QA--why the hell should we have to wait for the foreign versions?'

Enough is enough--by holding up the US patch to wait for the foreign ones, you guys ARE sitting on the patch, whether you want to call it that or not.

I and all the other US players who want a playable game shouldnt have to wait for the foreign versions QA to be done--at this point we've waited far more than we should have already.

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2003, 07:33:25 pm »
Did I miss them saying a US version was done with QA?  I know Taldren said they sent it to ATVI, but they are the ones doing the QA so....  Also, I was under the impression that there was just going to be one patch for all versions.  Thus, fixes for all three versions must be tested before the singular patch could be released.  This is actually a decent move, imho, since you only have to host one patch and there is no confusion on the part of people with different versions.  One patch to download, and it's the same one for everyone.  

DarkMaster

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2003, 07:37:36 pm »
I believe Dave stated the other day that he thought the US version was thru QA, and that the other versions were working their way thru QA.  That seems like a fairly knowledgeable source

Pestalence

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2003, 07:38:19 pm »
Quote:

Ok...this is getting ridiculous now.  Dan, Harry--the US version is supposedly done with QA--why the hell should we have to wait for the foreign versions?'

Enough is enough--by holding up the US patch to wait for the foreign ones, you guys ARE sitting on the patch, whether you want to call it that or not.

I and all the other US players who want a playable game shouldnt have to wait for the foreign versions QA to be done--at this point we've waited far more than we should have already.  

Yet at the same time, Activision could just say "Get Stuffed, there is no patch".

Dan is being kind enought to let everyone know what the hold up is and that it is being worked on....

Several people are fustrated because of the delays, however, do you want a good patch, or a flawed patch?

DarkMaster

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2003, 07:49:27 pm »
You miss the point--according to Dave, the US version is THRU QA--they're holding it up until the foreign versions are done.  That is what I object to at this point--I think we ALL have been more then patient.

Pestalence

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2003, 07:55:49 pm »
As EmeraldEdge stated and i have to concur that i too thought that there is going to be only 1 large patch to cover all game versions, not several patches...

if this is true, then there is no discussion about US version, UK version or any version as considering that the idea of a single patch for ALL versions is being made, then any versions that have been already tested are on hold so that they can be compiled into the 1 single patch so that in fairness to everyone playing SFC 3, everyone gets the same patch at the same time...

this makes perfect sense if it is true....  and that is an even better explanation of why the patch has not been released as of yet.

Toasty0

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2003, 08:08:51 pm »
Quote:

You miss the point--according to Dave, the US version is THRU QA--they're holding it up until the foreign versions are done.  That is what I object to at this point--I think we ALL have been more then patient.  

Objection noted and approperiately filed.

Have a nice day.

Best,
Jerry

David Ferrell

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2003, 08:24:17 pm »
Quote:

Why in almost all things do you have to be a pain?

Honestly, your attitude on these boards is less than stellar. Do you ever have anything positive to say,
or is the glass always half-empty for you?  You are constantly complaining for this or that, be happy with
what you have, and stop worrying that waiting till QA is done with all the patches, is somehow cheating you.

Good day,

Dave

Edited for language.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2003, 12:26:49 pm by David Ferrell »

HuckFinn

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2003, 08:47:31 pm »
oooh I love it!
It's a game everyone. Read a book or something til the patch comes out. If your so unhappy with the product, return it. If you can't return it, then just walk away and never buy another activision and/ or taldren product again. If you can't afford to learn a fifty dollar lesson, you shouldn't be spending fifty dollars on a GAME. Personally, I think it's fun.  

Galaxy_Class

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2003, 09:15:48 pm »
Quote:

oooh I love it!
It's a game everyone. Read a book or something til the patch comes out. If your so unhappy with the product, return it. If you can't return it, then just walk away and never buy another activision and/ or taldren product again. If you can't afford to learn a fifty dollar lesson, you shouldn't be spending fifty dollars on a GAME. Personally, I think it's fun.  

The new guy said it best.

DarkMaster

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2003, 09:18:13 pm »
Maybe I have a negative attitude about this because we've been waiting almost three months for a patch to make this game PLAYABLE in singleplayer.

Maybe I, and people like me, have a negative attitude because this is the FOURTH STRAIGHT title from Taldren (SFC 1, SFC 2, OP, SFC 3) which has shipped with GAMEKILLING bugs out of the box.

No one these days expects perfection in a new game.  I certainly don't.  What I do expect, at a minimum, is to be able to PLAY the game.  When a game ships with gamekilling bugs, and it's taken almost three months now, with no patch, you shouldnt get an attitude when people get pissed off about it.

You want me, and other people, to have better attitudes?  Release the games in a better state.

Subspace

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2003, 09:23:52 pm »
 the patch is on the way ,,, they told us by maybe the 14th  maybe  so it will come ,,, I dont blame them I would prob wait till i had them all ready myself ...    

Thank you to all that try & keep us up to date  

Toasty0

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2003, 06:11:13 am »
It's February! How else do you expect them to keep it warm? Sitting on it is as good a method as any, imho.

::exit, stage right::  

Aliasalpha

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2003, 07:37:31 am »
Quote:

Maybe I have a negative attitude about this because we've been waiting almost three months for a patch to make this game PLAYABLE in singleplayer.

Am I the only person who completed the entire game without a problem?

The day I got it I came home, installed it & got pissed off because I had installed DX9 & the game didn't detect it. It annoyed the crap out of me but then I found the patch & thought "Oh, cool."

My advice is thus:

1) Chant a calming mantra, I suggest "Calm Blue Ocean"
2) Calm down for f*cks sake, it's only a GAME  

Blitzkrieg

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2003, 08:01:07 am »
It would be crazy to release the patch which is only tested on one version or a patch for one version without releasing them for makign sure everyone else can play. Simply put, if they released the patch for the US version and everyone updated there servers, I wouldnt be able to play at all and as such would be rather annoyed.

Similary, if people didnt update, you guys wouldnt be able to play. In a situation like this, you have to think about everyone involved, although most here (I assume) are Americans so this probably schews a few oppinions.

I say patches for all!

P.S. Did any of you Taldren guys read my thread about stopping people not engaging but staying in game? I figure if you release another patch, if you would be so kind  

matyoung

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2003, 12:12:43 pm »
Had to laugh at daves post (prick lol) but i like many ppl have a thing called patients!  

David Ferrell

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2003, 12:13:22 pm »
Quote:

Maybe I, and people like me, have a negative attitude because this is the FOURTH STRAIGHT title from Taldren (SFC 1, SFC 2, OP, SFC 3) which has shipped with GAMEKILLING bugs out of the box.

No one these days expects perfection in a new game.  I certainly don't.  What I do expect, at a minimum, is to be able to PLAY the game.  When a game ships with gamekilling bugs, and it's taken almost three months now, with no patch, you shouldnt get an attitude when people get pissed off about it.

You want me, and other people, to have better attitudes?  Release the games in a better state.  

Your assertions above are factually incorrect.

If you wish to continue posting on these forums, I would suggest you work on your attitude in your
posts.

Dave  

David Ferrell

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2003, 12:25:24 pm »
For my part, I apologize for my coarse language.

Looks at calendar, yep I'm way overdue for a vacation!

Thanks,

Dave  

Bob Graham

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2003, 12:30:53 pm »
Quote:

Not true!  I beat both the single player campaigns for SFC1 and 3 without patches or problems.  I never even attempted the campaign for 2 untill a few months ago, and havent messed with OP.

Second, where was Activisions vaulted QA process BEFORE the game was released???