Topic: Idea for WillardDcker  (Read 9526 times)

Kaenyne

Re: Idea for WillardDcker
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2003, 07:58:49 am »
Hey Captain,

I looked in my email and what did I find?

Not one, not two, but FIVE brand new Excelsior Class starships ready to rock 'n roll!

That was very cool of you to do. They all look great and I'm gonna put them in game today I hope.  

Captain Ron

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2003, 12:00:01 pm »
Yeah they were all on the waiting list to see if I was done with them. Normally I do a retexture job then let it sit for 3-4 days. After that I look them over again to see what I don't like, or what I think is not right with them. After that I see what will be easy/quick to correct, if nothing is then I let it go or if it is I fix it. Was looking at the engines and will probably do a little more on them mostly blur work and add alittle more colour to the glow area.

Captain Ron

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2003, 03:37:11 pm »
Alright I finished up my texture work

The number 4 on the FedEx, UPS, Red, and Green got blurred and are finished the Saucer on the UPS had the orange removed for a light brown. So now they are all complete. I will run them later in the game and get screen shots for them. Will post the picks later tonight.

BTW did you want the redone textures?

Kaenyne

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2003, 03:42:20 pm »
Yes please!

Captain Ron

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2003, 04:28:28 pm »
Nice thing about programs and files they can be taken just about anywhere.

sending away!

Captain Ron

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2003, 11:34:09 pm »
Updated the Photo Page with the models on them...

Anyone want to host them?

GAFYs' Place

Kaenyne

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2003, 08:07:20 am »
Hey Captain!

Thanks for the updated textures! I replaced the old ones and now they're go to go.

So how's progress on finding a host? I know there's somebody out there interested, I just know it.  

E_Look

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Why not upload them to the SFU File Repository?  And, if you just scan the modeling forum threads, there's lots of guys that would gladly host cool new (and even old) models!

Captain Ron

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2003, 12:31:34 am »
Have to give that a try

Anyways coming soon a retextured Ironcross in Green, Yellow, Red and FPF Blue. Registries will be the the Hood, Repluse, Valley Forage, and some word I can not pronounce.

Kaenyne

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2003, 12:36:27 pm »
Hey Captain Ron! Been flying the Excelsiors around and decided to beam down for a little while...

Is the Ironcross a Mackie model? If so, (and please tell me if I've already asked this...life has been a jumble lately) but would you consider recoloring his Galahad also?  

Captain Ron

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2003, 12:55:24 am »
Yes the Ironcross is a Mackie model Kitbashed from Khaliban/'P81 models. The Connie (secondary hull) is Khaliban, the excelisor top is P81s' and Mackie/Atheorhaven neck. Textures are from the orginal artists, appleied bu Mackie/Atheorhaven and then modified by me. That was the short version.

The Galahad is a kitbash by Mackie on P81s' models for the X-Class ships for OP (they were his prototypes, before Paramount selected one). The textures are in pretty bad shape (heavily Blurred) and would require allot of work it is possible but i doubt I would do it more than one. So if I do decide to do it you had better suggest a colour shceme to me before I start orthat is probably the way it will stay.

Right now I am finishing up the Yellow and FPF Ironcross variants and need to get a StarFleet Presidents Connie and Excel not to mention the FPF versions. I can take a look at it after that, and see if it is something I want to do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain Ron »

Marauth

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2003, 09:06:03 am »
Actually I have 2 of the prototype ships P81 did before Taldren selected the Excalibur - the Gallahad is an infinite improvement over the prototypes, it is infact based off of bits of P81's high-poly (for the time) rendition of the Excalibur and the Odyssey which was just P81's D2 mod Battleship. The actual prototypes for the cruiser were the Proxima (which IMO could have been as good as the Excalibur if done properly) and 2 versions of the Xerxes with different nacelles. There might have been a third cruiser but I don't have it if there was one. Oh and there were 2 destroyers - one based off the Proxima and one off the Xerxes. The prototypes only have a few hundred polies - the Proxima just about scraped into the 1000s and the textures are pieced together from bits and pieces of stock taldren textures even including the 'detail' on the underside of the Excelsior in a lot of places. The Excalibur and Odyssey were much more proffesional works.

Kaenyne

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2003, 05:05:09 pm »
Hey Captain!

Thanks for considering the Galahad!  What I had in mind for her was an "evil" version. Red nav deflector, nacelle glows and red replacing the existing blue on her now. And an overall darker gray hull.Yeah, she is kinda blurry but I just love the overall design. She may be a kitbash, but it's a darn fine one.

I D/L'd the latest Ironcrosses and I'm really starting to like her. She's a good looking ship and I do like your variations.

Looking forward to your latest stuff!

Captain Ron

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2003, 09:26:56 pm »
I got the FPF versions done on the Connie, IronCross, and Excelisor. That leaves the Presidential Connie and Excelisor and some of the textures are done for those so sooner or later they will be finished. I do not have them converted for low resolution textures yet, and do not know if/when they will be done. I will send you the president version when I finish them, they will look at that other ship.

Red huh!?!
You do realize that they have police ships in the game and you will not be able to go ripping through the Galaxy with a new flashy ship.

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2003, 03:57:30 am »
Ok. I felt I had to contribute to this madness too.

So.....Here she is. The DuctTaped Connie

Captain Ron

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2003, 04:47:06 am »
Luv it!

Yes it is a combination of madness and fun. There are serious models though too. I think you should have named it the "U.S.S. Rap Em' Up", with a "don't open til X-Mas" under the shuttle bay.