Topic: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell  (Read 19414 times)

TheSatyr

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2003, 12:44:25 pm »
If what Dave posts disturbs some people then i suggest never going to the battlefront.com(Combat mission) forums.

When the devs there get tired of people they rip them to shreds.

Dave is tame by comparison.  

David Ferrell

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2003, 01:34:11 pm »
Quote:

If what Dave posts disturbs some people then i suggest never going to the battlefront.com(Combat mission) forums.

However, some of things I have said lately were unnecessary.  I do apologize for my harshness at times
and I do intend to get away from it all for awhile and recharge.

Thanks,

Dave  

Karnak

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2003, 02:09:34 pm »
In my experience, people/organizations are very rarely anywhere near as bad as they are made out to be because the rhetoric can get so thick on the forums.

I remember Taldren providing the EAW 2.0.3.6 patch at the same time as going gold with SFC3. If the company did not care about SFC2 then they still would have left the D2 community hanging with Crash To Desktop on Targeting bugs with the 2.0.3.3 patch.

As for people arguing with each other on the forums. Some of them become good friends after they fight a good few battles on the dyna cuz they never break the sacred rule of boycotting the other in game play.  The ones that do really should consider another leisure hobby, IMHO.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Rob Cole

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2003, 03:29:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

However, some of things I have said lately were unnecessary.  I do apologize for my harshness at times
and I do intend to get away from it all for awhile and recharge.

Thanks,

Dave  

Ya think????????Been kind of harsh of late Dave.
Perhaps you need a long vacation.

LongTooth

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2003, 03:55:15 pm »
NP dave the last 2 weeks have been heated for a lot of us I think we should all sit back and take a brether

SSCF Hooch

Re: Thank you for the answer Mister Ferrell *DELETED*
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2003, 05:00:16 pm »
Post deleted by SSCF Hooch

Rob Cole

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2003, 05:26:06 pm »
Better be careful Hoochie...

TheSatyr

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2003, 05:35:45 pm »
What part of "no" don't you understand???  

Stormbringer

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2003, 05:40:37 pm »
Your sig kind of clashes with your post.

Toasty0

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2003, 06:42:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Huh?

What kind of reasonable support (or even unreasonable) aren't we giving EAW?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

I have no issue with your games or support. I am pleased to see you posting again. I would like to see you take one last step with the banned ones and see what the community response is. If they jack it up this time shame on them.

Hooch  

Someone take the blinders off of Hooch's face, will ya? Obviously no was too small a word for him to see.  

J'inn

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2003, 06:49:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Erik, anyone at Taldren;  do you recognize the rift thats forming between SFC2 and SFC3?  Recent events, not related to this banning, created a schism between the SFC2 and 3 communities at the very least on the sfc2.net forums.   Stuff like this; with most all of the DV2 community rallying around a cause, only further proves to many players of SFC2's dynaverse that Taldren truely does not support that game anymore.  That the small business that we could always trust for support and level headedness  appears to be gone; left to join the larger faceless developement houses which deal with their community in a clumsy, hands off manner.  

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Now I'm PO'd!  What kind of support??!!!   Grrrr.

A Mr. Bradley Schenk, Taldren Trouble Making Dept., clearly informed me that Taldren would send me $20.00 USD (none of that Canadian stuff) every time I killed another player in EAW combat.

For the times I died I held up my part of the bargin.  I assume you folks at the a office were wondering why that beer truck keep pulling up to his parking spot.   Yeah it cost me a lot of brews but after over a year and a half of trying I finally killed off someone (name withheld to avoid making them a laughing stock).

I am still waiting for my $20.00.

Support?   Hmmph!   I'm still waiting.

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2003, 10:38:14 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

I have no issue with your games or support. I am pleased to see you posting again. I would like to see you take one last step with the banned ones and see what the community response is. If they jack it up this time shame on them.

Hooch  

Someone take the blinders off of Hooch's face, will ya? Obviously no was too small a word for him to see.  

Mister O,

Please refrain from making nasty comments at me. I would rather you just not. I am not being mean or any such thing so please...

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2003, 11:38:34 pm »
Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings.  I will ask that everyone there extend their utmost courtesy to you (no promises regarding Die Hard though, and perhaps we can generate a meaningful dialogue that is flame free <crosses fingers>,  

There may be things that the pro-unbanning lobby has not taken into consideration which you would like to state, and there are likely other questions that this lobby would like a more detailed and more polite explanation for..  

I will respect "your house" here by not trying to ressurrect the unban thread, as per your request.  So I hope you find it worthwhile to respect mine.  In light of the heat of recent debate on this issue, a change of venue might be more productive and help restore better relations between all involved parties.

P.S. I will stick up for your right to be treated civially there, in appreaciation for such an appearance, and on principle as well.  Consider yourself my personal guest if you wish, I will do my best to have you treated well there, regardless of any differences of opinion we may have over this issue.

Just start the thread yourself or send me a PM and I will start one for you.  Thanks for your consideration.

Alexander1701

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2003, 12:03:04 am »
  Sorry, perhaps I made myself unclear.

I was refering to the post immediately above mine, the one Dave commented about. There's no shame in saying 'This should be in the patch', but there is shame is sullying that kind of thread by using it to insult taldren, or tell them they've sold out. I probably shouldn't have written all that, but it really did offend me that he would attack a game company because they disagree with his personal oppinion on a non-game related matter. I can't really take it down now, given the level of quotation. As I said, I posted on that petition, but its over, and taldren are not evil for ending it.

Alexander

GE-Raven

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2003, 10:23:58 am »
Quote:

Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings.  I will ask that everyone there extend their utmost courtesy to you (no promises regarding Die Hard though, and perhaps we can generate a meaningful dialogue that is flame free <crosses fingers>,  

There may be things that the pro-unbanning lobby has not taken into consideration which you would like to state, and there are likely other questions that this lobby would like a more detailed and more polite explanation for..  

I will respect "your house" here by not trying to ressurrect the unban thread, as per your request.  So I hope you find it worthwhile to respect mine.  In light of the heat of recent debate on this issue, a change of venue might be more productive and help restore better relations between all involved parties.

P.S. I will stick up for your right to be treated civially there, in appreaciation for such an appearance, and on principle as well.  Consider yourself my personal guest if you wish, I will do my best to have you treated well there, regardless of any differences of opinion we may have over this issue.

Just start the thread yourself or send me a PM and I will start one for you.  Thanks for your consideration.  

LOL...

This is accepting the decision?  Sounds like accepting it for a day and then back to asking for the "un-banning" again.  Man oh man, you guys must have worked for the democratic national party in Florida in 2000.  Please for the love of all that is holy.  Honor your word and stop asking now that you have received an official answer.  

Thank you!

GE-Raven

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2003, 10:36:26 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...

This is accepting the decision?  Sounds like accepting it for a day and then back to asking for the "un-banning" again.  Man oh man, you guys must have worked for the democratic national party in Florida in 2000.  Please for the love of all that is holy.  Honor your word and stop asking now that you have received an official answer.  

Thank you!

GE-Raven

Mister Raven,

Please do not be rude. We have asked him to come to our house and thereby honoring his request for us to stop posting here how is that bad? Your mocking us is not called for and lacks any and all respect. Please note that nobody has been rude except for you and Mister ToastyO.

Hooch

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2003, 10:40:15 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...

Thank you!

GE-Raven

Raven,

FYI

Quote:

As for being a nuisance, yes I most certainly was, but for a cause i believed in (and still do). Now that I have your answer I will try to be less of one, at least on your forums, as I reserve the right to state my opinion of your decision on other less sensitive ones. And Dave, if you choose to post on those forums, I will defend your right to do so as I have defended the banned individuals here. Just because I don't agree with you desn't mean that I wont defend your right to disagree.

I see no contradition of my earlier post.  I merely extendend an invitation to Mr. Ferrell.  I suggest you read a bit closer next time.  

BTW I am a registered Republican, and although I thought the Florida bit was drawn out, I didn't really mind as I try to be tolerant of differing opinions.

Thank you  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 10:43:30 am by KATChuutRitt »

GE-Raven

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2003, 11:04:56 am »
I am saying that saying that you will stop asking for the unbanning of a member and just let the issue drop if only Taldren just relpies to your mile long tantrum, and then waiting one day before going back on your word to "drop" the issue is rude!  So don't play the coy, "I am not the one being rude, you are" routine.  In so much as you have been posting on a topic you said you would drop after a response (in a thread to thank Dave no less) you have not been holding to your word.

Now then in response to Chuut.  This is your exact words, "Dave after your break I would like to invite you over to the SFC2.net forums for a discussion on the bannings."  I ask you this.  Is this not bringing up the subject on the forum?  Is this not what you promised to not do?  Could you not have sent this to Dave in person?  What is the point in publicly posting this if not to reraise the issue?  

I read very well, thank you.  However You and Hooch (and others) seemed to have missed this:

Dave said, "They were never un-banned.

They will not be coming back.

Any further threads of this sort will be deleted as a public nuisance.

Thanks,

Dave "

How much more clear cut do you need?  He gave you your answer.  Now please do us all a favor and honor your word.  No new threads, no hi-jacking of threads, drop the issue.  Please?

GE-Raven

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by GE-Raven »

Aldaron

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2003, 11:09:25 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Confused,

Dave  

Mister Ferrell,

Hooch  

Mister O,

Please refrain from making nasty comments at me. I would rather you just not. I am not being mean or any such thing so please...

Hooch  

And yet you still don't know when to quit..........

« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 11:18:19 am by Aldaron »

Kroma_BaSyl

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2003, 11:11:07 am »
Quote:

BTW I am a registered Republican, and although I thought the Florida bit was drawn out, I didn't really mind as I try to be tolerant of differing opinions.

Completely OT, but I always find references to the Florida election interesting. Personally I see it as one of the US political systems high points. Why? Because even with the dispute, confusion and doubts surrounding the election to the highest office in the land, there was a peaceful transition of power in this country (i.e. in the end the system worked, how many other countries could have done the same under similar circumstances). I find it akin to the Nixon issue, as a shinning example of what is right with our system (i.e. Corrupt individuals are weeded out).