Topic: The "SFC3 Community TOS Mod" project thread  (Read 22968 times)

Towelie

Re: The "SFC3 Community TOS Mod" project thread
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2003, 10:52:49 pm »
 Uploading right now.

A mission script that would be great since I got the model for it... ...the Kobayashimaru scenerio! There are so many great models out there.

A few things I got (might of mentioned some earlier). Space station K-7, Doomsday machine, the Kobayashimaru, a few interesting pre-tos ships. I think the NX class would be a great starter ship with some TOS era upgrades (like SHIELDS). The Klingons and Romulans also have some nice pre-tos and tos era ships.  

Towelie

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2003, 09:48:17 pm »
  Well, I wonder if I should upload the next batch of ships. Maybe tommarow. Oh yea, BUMP. This project is STILL GOING AHEAD!

SghnDubh

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2003, 11:18:01 pm »
YOU BETCHA !!!  ALL ABOARD!!!

Lieutenant_Q

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2003, 11:24:20 pm »
hey, the NX-01 had shields in tonights episode, courtesy of General Shran. Twenty years or so after the Xindi got Earth.  Of course, it didnt do them a whole lotta good, the Xindi tracked them down and killed them, not that it would have mattered, the last remenants of Humanity were on Ceti Alpha V.

"You Lie! on Ceti Alpha V there was life! A fair chance!"
"THIS IS CETI ALPHA V!"

*sigh* "Ceti Alpha VI exploded, six months after we were left here, the shock shifted the orbit of this planet, and everything was laid to waste.   Admiral Kirk, never bothered to check on our progress.  It was only the fact of my Genetically Engineered intellect that allowed us to survive."

Khan and Chekov, ST: II TWOK, Ceti Alpha V.  

SghnDubh

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2003, 12:03:18 am »
ARRRGGGG

POST A SPOILER ALERT NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emsgoof

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2003, 06:44:03 pm »
Hey Dubh...
When you need testers, let me know!  
I'll even play nice and stop smiting people over at BC...
(well, maybe not, but I can say I would!)

atheorhaven

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2003, 09:54:32 pm »
Actually, I have a pre-TOS ship that might be of interest.. a long time ago, I got permission to work on and redo p81's NX-01 from Raven for a TOS refit.. (without changing the mesh too much).  The fun thing about this puppy is that it was, (and still is on its registries) the NCC-01.  If you want to have some fun, I'll work on converting that over to SFC 3.. and we can all hear the howls of protest together.  

When it was released, it also had Halloween and Christmas textures as well.. but those may not be needed for the mod.  (grin)

Towelie

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2003, 10:27:52 pm »
  Yes, that would be a nice little bonus to put in. I feel bad though, the feds get all the cool ships AGAIN. No matter, I will fly Klingon and watch them BURN!

SghnDubh

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2003, 12:16:13 am »
yeah baby we'll need testers.

now everyone start shouting, "go towelie, go towelie"  

Towelie

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2003, 01:17:58 am »
  Don't want to see this thread get stale.

Current status report...

We lost our project leader Korah, so we have to do what we can. I have collected ships and was starting a review and conversion process for SFC3. I have no experience in converting and little time. But given the current situation, I am going to have to learn it all. Perhaps some assistance in this will arise after I get the models sorted so we know what to convert and what to dump from the project.

SghnDubh

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2003, 10:02:35 am »
Towelie, I got a ping from someone with some modding experience. I'll PM you his contact info.

SghnDubh

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2003, 10:03:01 am »
Also www.retrotrek.com forums are up thanks to Cueball!

Towelie

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2003, 10:22:44 am »
  That's good to hear. I finally got another day off and I am swamped with errands and little chores around the house. I wish I had the time to do this.

atheorhaven

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2003, 02:20:20 pm »
Towlie, is Korah totally and completely gone?  Just asking because I'd sent hime some email a couple of weeks back and haven't seen a reply at all.  But for what it's worth, I've got three SFC 3 Connie conversions happening right now that I'll gladly send your way once I've helped finish off Nanner's scaling problems with his mod and complete the two TNG ships for it.  

And if you need, I can write up a more detailed tutorial on how to convert a ship to SFC 3 than what I'd done originally seeing I now have a bit more experience in converting stuff than when I first wrote it...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 02:26:56 pm by atheorhaven »

Towelie

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2003, 06:24:19 pm »
  I was starting to think this was hopeless. I am also working on a side project for the Almighty Nanner.

Korah is gone, he removed himself from the Dynaverse Egroup and moved on to who knows what. It happens to every good host at some point, they go nuts or take a break.

atheorhaven

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2003, 08:20:02 pm »
Sounds like we're on the same project..  Nanner had asked me for a hand a while back as well..

The biggest problem that I have with SFC 3 conversions is always the spec'ing.. I can HP/DP a ship, I can add damage textures, I can generate all the various extra textures, recache and glow the ships.  But the specs always just befuddle me (to date).

Sorry about the late replies as well.. I hardly ever come into the General Forums.. (usually have no interest in it).

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2004, 01:31:09 am »
I can help.  Granted I am new here, but I have a flare for spec'n and for that matter doin' HPs and to DPs (to some extent).  I also can turn over SFC1 and SFC2 models into SFC3 models rather quick and efficiently - and I have a LOT of free time to boot!  

Personally I would like to see it as canon as possible, and for that I understand the need to add FASA ships or Fed ships from the 'original' TOS Technical Manual.  I don't see a super huge problem with it, but how about finding someone or a way to integrate more <i>Enterprise</i> Era ships into it?  It would beef up the powers a bit, definately add more canon Klink ships to the pool, not to mention the Romulans, Vulcans and Andorians - there are a great number of canon profiles of many of those ships, I would love seeing them, I however cannot grasp the modelling aspect of SFC.  

As far as additional ships to add that I have not seen listed might be the Aurora, the grain freighter from TAS, the SS Ariel from TAS, and the SS Bonaventure.

Anyway, I have the time and willingness to help and would love to see this mod.  So feel free to email me via email at FuturamaGuy@hotmail.com or via PM or this thread.  

TOCXOBearslayer

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2004, 03:00:38 am »
BTW, for the most complete online FASA information I have seen...

Check here: Star Ship Tactical Combat Simulator

Not sure if it was mentioned or not... just finally got around to looking at this thread..... and didn't go thru all the posts.

I may actually load up SFCIII and give this a try if you guys make it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by TOCXOBearslayer »

Towelie

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2004, 03:05:14 pm »
  I have it on a long to do list. But I did collect all the ship models required. Just need to do some SFC2 to 3 conversions and trhe rest is easier... ...now if only I could figure out how to finish the audio project for Nanner, fix the scratches on my 2001 Corolla, replace the pads on my Buick, glad to get 3 days off (wahoo).

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2004, 07:48:38 pm »
Quote:

I have it on a long to do list. But I did collect all the ship models required. Just need to do some SFC2 to 3 conversions and trhe rest is easier... ...

If you need help converting them, feel free to send them my way!