Topic: The "SFC3 Community TOS Mod" project thread  (Read 22976 times)

Klingon Fanatic

Re: The "SFC3 Community TOS Mod" project thread
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2004, 06:19:22 pm »
Quote:

The First Federation was a giant sphere (yes, I'm home early).  

Khaliban has made the TOS First Federation ship, I am using his TMP version of his Fesarius, LOL.

Great to hear from you again Captain KoraH!

Qapla!

KF

red_green

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2004, 03:17:15 pm »
I hope you guys get time to finish this as  I want a TOS version of SFC3.  The game is best suited for that era with its limited race slots.    The biggest problem I see,  is the limited canon ships for Roms and Klinks. I have seen TOS OP mods that basically use the same ship for all 5 ship classes.   I was wondering if anyone  might be interested in some designs that would be an attempt to make TOS versions out of later era canon ROM ships.  In other words,  take the TNG era Talon class and dumb it down so to speak , so the lines fit into TOS and then make the textures match TOS era as well.   This, while not true canon would add more variety and still have a TOS feel.  

If there is interest in this idea,  I could work on a couple Rom ships.    Even if these non-canon design idea turns you off, perhaps there couls be a few texture varients to the ROM BOP.   As I recall in the series it wass silver, why not have a  green varient to represent a later refit.  Or a black/silver one for stealth mode.  Again just for some variety cause the ROM BOP encounter would get boring if its always the same.

red_green

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2004, 02:41:44 pm »
Would it be possible to just release the mod as it stands so far. If the sounds are done and some speccing,   we all could add in are own models.  I know real life tends to limit time for projects and sometimes these  mods never get done.   We all have our own prefernces regarding ships,  so most of us just need sound and TOS specs.  

Regarding specing. I was wondering what you use for reference?  How do you determine how many HP's the TOS ships have.
It might be  save time to lower the ship mass for weapon load outs instead of changing all the hard point info.  That way, even if the Fed CA has more HP's then it should,  it wouldn't be able to fill them cause of the lowered mass limit.  So the weapon loadouts would reflect TOS era but you would have more flexibility  for which arc you equip them on.    

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2004, 09:00:37 am »
I believe I have every canon or semi-canon ship that was made on file from the Enterprise-series thru TOS + TAS if anything is still missing.

red_green

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2004, 03:22:23 am »
Bump

red_green

« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2004, 03:25:42 am »
Quote:

Quote:

The First Federation was a giant sphere (yes, I'm home early).  

Khaliban has made the TOS First Federation ship, I am using his TMP version of his Fesarius, LOL.

Great to hear from you again Captain KoraH!

Qapla!

KF  

Funny I had no idea what you were talking about here. Then 2 days ago I saw episode3 season 1.   The fesarius. Kinda like a TOS Borg ship. SO i made 1 of my own. 7800 polies    Ahh but its fun and makes a good monster.

red_green

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2004, 03:50:30 am »
Quote:

Okay, no TOS Borg ships (would be cardboard box due to budget )

Now we just need some nice monsters like, the doomsday machine, cystaline entity maybe (I know TNG). And of course, a giant ameba, maybe the Nomad probe.

I've got quite a few TOS ships already to convert over. I need to look at Nannerslug's mod, but I haven't ran accross it yet. I'll download it tonight when I get back and mess with it.

We need to compile a wishlist and I will try to put it together. I am having trouble with some models, like old transport ships, and space station K-7. The links to them are dead and I misplaced those models  

Giant ameba could be similated using just various glows. Granted you need a few polies for hard points. Those could just be a few boxes scaled so small they won't be seen. Obviously it wouldn't show damage but you could fly right though it I think.

The Fesaius was brought up. I couldn't find the 1st post but saw it quoted. I see that as a monster type.  

I made 3 posts in a row  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by red_green »

red_green

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2004, 02:27:48 am »
Looks like this has been abandoned. Well I won't let it die. I am starting a TOS mod of my own. Building all the ships from scratch. It may take me a year. I have meshed out all the Romulans. I have 7 ships and a shuttle plus a star base. Hope to have these done in a couple weeks. Then on to Feds. Since it takes a while, I will release each race as a ship pack. Rather then holding them hostage on my hard drive for 6 months. I may have to use other peoples KLinks just to save me a month or 2.  I won't say anymore cause a project like this is huge for 1 person and thereful often falls by the wayside. But at the very least I will get the Rom ships out.  Would be cool if Korah returns with his sound mod.  I think if we get more people we could start releasing the mod in packets. That way there would be a sign of progress and 56ker's like me like smaller files anyway. We could have a Sound mod pack,  Texture packRommie  ship pack, Fed  ship pack, Klink ship Pak, Other race pack(Orions, Fasarius, monsters),  then the Final Pack would be specs.  Then once all complete zip them all together for DSL cable modem users.
That way even if the entire mod never gets complete, at least something has gotten contributed to the community. If we get enough people, we could each do a catagory. I would actually prefer to stick to Romulans. I am doing FASA TOS designs.
There are still a couple I would like to do, or else just have a few texture varients to the ones I am already completing. I am pretty sure there are enough feds and Klinks already done. We would just have to agree on how to spec them so play is balanced

The Rommie ship pack wont have special specs, it will just have ones copied and pasted from stock ships. If I get all 3 races done, then I will spec them all for TOS. Which is a best guess scenario, as info for loadouts is sketchy for Roms and Klinks TOS era.   What I might do is just reduce shield strength and weapon damage by a percentage across the board. This way I wouldn't have to replace each ship which would get rather daunting. I couls instead just edit the files pertaining to weapons and shields.  This would also reduce the time for play testing as the game balance should remain close to the original.

Please post if anyone is still interested.

Captain KoraH

The "SFC3 Community TOS Mod" project thread
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2003, 02:44:10 pm »
I think I've got the perfect collaboratory project for us to work on. I was going to make a TOS mod for SFC3, but I have decided that such a project might be something we could all do together. I already have been working on a TOS sounds mod, and weapon textures.

Here is my suggestion:

I propose we keep it simple and just do one ship per class, keeping the big 3 original races. I feel that we should just make the mod to not use the Borg, but if you guys want to do this project and you feel we should change them into something else, maybe space monsters or something, that would be cool too. What say you guys?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Captain KoraH »

Towelie

Re: Hailing Chris Jones, ThePelican and Nannerslug
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2003, 10:14:40 pm »
   STOP INVADING MY THOUGHTS!!!

I was working on that too. I've been collecting models and messing around. So far it seems some models need some conversions to SFC3 from SFC2. I was reinstalling my modeling tools and studying up on them.

James Formo

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2003, 10:31:33 pm »
lol I wanted to do this as well. Only it would take me 6-8 months      I was planning on using the Borg slot as the mirror verse.  Combining Mirror Feds and Klinks in there  But seeing as its being covered I guess I just put my feet up and wait for the release

Dang nabbit since all bases appear covered I may have to do a non trek Mod.   I can get a few TOS ships done if you need em though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by James Formo »

Captain KoraH

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2003, 10:46:04 pm »
Ok, this is what  I've got: A TOS sound mod for SFC3, complete with Romulan, Klingon and Federation sound files and music. I'm really happy with how it turned out. But when I got to the part where I get the ships, I realized I don't have ANY TOS ships!

I think this should be a first class project, only the very best ship models will do. I think it's perfectly fine for anyone who wants to be a part of the "SFC3 Community TOS mod" to pitch in.

I got the music and sounds, who will gather up the best TOS ships?

Towelie

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2003, 11:34:22 pm »
   I am already gathering ships and installing the software to modify them for SFC3. There are plenty of GREAT SFC2 TOS ships, they just need to be updated and credit given where due.

ActiveX

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2003, 12:19:17 am »
My mod was going to be Pretos...

TheBigCheese

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2003, 02:10:46 am »
Korah,

Have you visited Ghost's site

http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/omega/fleetdock13/

perhaps you could get permission off him for model use, he has EVERYTHING!
Trouble is he left after 'the modders civil war'  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2003, 02:41:18 am »
I think we should put Towelie in charge of the ship models for the mod. I'll just keep my involvement limited to the sounds. Whoever does the stats I think they should be very stock-ish and not overboard, so they appeal to the widest variety of players. Any takers?

Rhaz

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2003, 08:55:52 am »
I think this a great idea!  I even like the use of the Borg slots for Monsters - the DDM could use a work out.....

Towelie

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2003, 10:31:28 am »

I've got some pretty high polly ships. This will be fun! I've been collecting these for years. I'm going to get my web space activated so I can post in game pictures of them.

I assume most people can handle these high polygon models, including battleships. Although I want to try and improve some break models.

Should we do monsters for Borg or just replace them? Oh well, I'll think about it at work. My hours are getting freed so I only got a 6 hour shift today.

I got 3D Studio Max 5 reinstalled (thanks to my unlce who helped sponser the package). So I'm ready to start some conversions and work on damage textures.  

NannerSlug

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2003, 11:13:48 am »
korah.. check my mod out.. many of those TOS vessels are there.

ActiveX

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2003, 01:34:42 pm »
Nanner, I assume this is supposed to be Total TOS...