Topic: Galaxies at War (The mod)  (Read 31358 times)

Stylsy

Re: Absolutely Astounding!!!
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2004, 06:25:32 am »
Sorry, they were lost when my mysql database overloaded.

Shouldn't happen this time though.

Potemkin

« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2004, 11:22:09 pm »
I'll see what I have on my PC.  

Po~

Stylsy

« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2004, 09:43:52 am »
Everyone still working on the mod?

Karnak

« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2004, 11:10:33 am »
Quote:

Everyone still working on the mod?  

I'm waiting for the completed model shiplist for Andros and Tholians.  Then I'll start configuring the missions.  In the meantime, the EEK-OP v2.1 missions are getting a really good work out on the DH123 OP dyna server and lot of productive tweaks are coming out of that experience.  Everyone thank DH123 for his help if you run into him in the D2 forums.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2004, 11:23:11 am »
Well, you know that I am.

I just finished adding the R7 ships to the shiplist and I'm about 2/3 the way through R6.

Also working on a new installer to allow for a lite (no models) version, for the 56Kers, as well as shrinking the mods size as much as possible by copying the stock files from the game to the mods folders where needed. This should be a big help for playtesting. Once I've finished that (assuming that I don't run into any snags) I'll have an update available.

Just incase anyone from the team missed the post, you all have to go and reregister at the Mod's site ( http://www.stylsy.co.uk/GaW/ )  and send Stylsy your info again.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2004, 11:33:30 am »
el-Karnak,
We're in a bit of a "catch 22" situation here. Without knowing exactly how the new features for the Andros and Tholians are going to effect play balance the shiplist can't be finalized. I believe that all you're gonna need added to the shiplist that's not there already are the Tholian bases. The ships for them are pretty much set. There will be a few more added, but not very many more, after this current update that I'm working on.
Is there something else specific that you need for the Andros and Tholians that I'm not aware of? I'll see if I can add it to this build so you can start at your end.  

Karnak

« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2004, 11:41:18 am »
No, I really only need  standard CA, BC, DD, FF, CV, DN class ships (one of each class is all I need) to work with for both the Andros and Tholians.  If your update will give me those kind of ships then we should be all set. What I really want to do is have a shiplist that I can run a dyna campaign on because I unit test all my new missions in a production dyna setting in the "EEK Workship Dyna".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2004, 11:53:55 am »
Cool! All that's already in there from the previous builds. I should have the next one done within the next week. I know that the DH123 mod has some of the same type of modifications done to that shiplist as ours (ftrs/pfs for the same race.) If your campaigns have been running with his OK (no crashes etc.), they should also work with GaW (keeps fingers crossed.) In SP they seem to be fine, except for the occasional wierd alliance. Like fighting against the Gorn, in gorn space,  and getting Gorn ships as AI allies.  

DH123

« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2004, 12:36:29 pm »
Karnak missions work fine with the PF/Fighter donation system.  They work as good as they did on Storm Season 2.  

Thu11s

« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2004, 01:00:42 pm »
Hi all

Can you read this post?

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=245290&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

just a couple of questions to do with Lyran tugs and see what you think. All depends how specific you want models to be regarding certain ships.

for example on a similar vain, I will be doing different models for the Lyran ships that have power packs, one with one without for example.

Thu11s

Rod O'neal

« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2004, 06:32:20 pm »
Hi Thu11s,
I am doing the shiplist per SFB. If you do a tug model that I don't have on the list, I'll add it. The only full sized tugs in the shiplist now are the battle tug and space control tug. I also have a couple light tactical transports spec'd out (light battle transport and light carrier transport). It would be cool to have the cargo versions in there as well. If you do a cargo/battle variant then I'll spec it accordingly. ie; no FA weapon arcs.

As far as the DL size goes. The installer doesn't actually save duplicate files. So, for example, any texture maps that are identical between various models will only be saved by the installer pgm one time and then written as many times as needed during the install. Same goes for brk.mods. If you were to make 3 models that used the same textures and break models then only the three different .mod files would actually increase the size of the DL. The textures and break models would only be saved once and then rewritten as many times as needed. The actual increase in the size of the mod would be minimal. I'm not saying that you have to do it that way. It's just a suggestion if you're concerned about the DL size.

I so appreciate you doing models with the mod in mind. Thanks a lot, man!    

Potemkin

« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2004, 09:33:04 pm »
Way to go, Dude!

I'm starting on the Andromedan Campaign - if you don't have something already.  Note - it's still in the 'I'm think'n about it' phase...  

What about scenarios - do we need some separate Andro scenarios?  And I still don't have Visual C++

Po~  

Stylsy

My Status Report
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2004, 08:12:52 am »
Exams and all that cr*p are over now, so plenty of time to focus on this.

^^ New Site Banner ^^

The website now contains:
- Working News System
- Full Race List (with short info)
- SFC/GaW Background Info
- Details on mod features
- EEK Missions Downloadable

The forums are now permanently (I promise!) at http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~starmada/tunforum/index.php?h=1&pf=91&c=27.

They are at TUN because 1. lots of bandwith, 2. I have admin control 3. large community there gaining interest in the mod. I will be able to customise the template for our boards soon as well.

Please can everyone involved in the mod even those just doing ship models sign up over there and give me your username so you can have access to our developer board. We don't have to keep our mod discussion to one thread that way, and we can get community players interested in the mod into discussions over there. We will have more boards for bug reports, dynaverse discussion etc when we make the mod public.

Where is everyone anyways - especially Darkmatrix? Are all ship models done now, I know specs and missions are being worked on. I guess we can save that discussion to the dev forum.

It would also be nice to get a full team list on the website, including all the ship modellers.

Klingon Fanatic

Re: My Status Report
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2004, 05:54:15 pm »
Whew!

Some great news indeed!

Thank you Stylsy!

See you there!

KF

Potemkin

TUN
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2004, 11:50:27 pm »
I'm there!

Potemkin

Po~

Thu11s

Re: TUN
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2004, 04:34:18 am »
Hi all, I'm in too, erm, same username.... etc.....

Thu11s    

Stylsy

Beta Update
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2004, 05:30:00 am »
OK KF, Po and Thu11s, you all have access to our developer board at TUN, you also have moderator privilages in all the GaW Boards.

Theres a new beta update avaliable, thanks to Rod O'Neal, and you can grab the link over at the developer board.

Rod O'neal

Re: Beta Update
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2004, 07:08:23 pm »
Quote:

OK KF, Po and Thu11s, you all have access to our developer board at TUN, you also have moderator privilages in all the GaW Boards.

Theres a new beta update avaliable, thanks to Rod O'Neal, and you can grab the link over at the developer board.  

The "update" is just that, an update. If you don't have the previous build already installed don't bother getting it. There's a lot of model pointers in the shiplist/ftrlist that you need the previous builds for and some other misc. things (shortcuts, files, etc.) That aren't included. I'll upload a full beta later tonight and get the links to everyone that needs it. The update is only around 3megs. The full version is about 24megs and I'm on dialup. So, I have to wait 'til the phone can be tied up for a while.

Does anyone have a problem with a 24meg DL? If it would be better I could break it up. It's smallest as a single DL. If I divide it up it'll probably end up as 3X 10meg pkgs. or so.

It's awesome to have you signed up, Thu11s. Your designs are fantastic. I know that you've already been contributing, but now we can "officially" bug you.

Potemkin

Oooowww!
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2004, 11:40:52 pm »
A moderator...

All that power!  Muwhahahahahahaha!  Hawhehehehehooo!

Po~  

Karnak

Re: Oooowww!
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2004, 10:47:59 pm »
I'm there!!