Topic: Galaxies at War (The mod)  (Read 31203 times)

Bonk

Re: Galaxies at War (The mod)
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2004, 06:54:12 am »

Quote:

Am I reading correctly that Bonk's shiplist is ursurping Rod O' Neal's current GAW shiplist? Did I miss a staff meeting? If I remember correctly, Bonk's shiplist and the Fleetdock13 models to support it are over 100MB!! Ouch for us 56kers!

I am certainly not trying to usurp the GAW mod, I'm going try to finish SFB_OP_04 in time to try contribute a little to GAW as well. Two totally different projects - mine is mostly old models and GAW will be mostly new models as I understand it, as well as some important differences in the shiplists. Also the next version of SFB_OP will be considerably smaller using the new lzma compression of the NSIS installer (up to 60% smaller?)...

I'll head over to the GAW development forum soon and grab a copy to analyse and I'll give my feedback and suggestions.    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bonk »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2004, 06:13:20 pm »
Its all tongue-in-cheek Bonk, LOL.

I was pathetic in my parody of the scene in ST: III;  Kirk to McCoy upon breaking out of the asylum about Kirk telling him, "That's what you get for missing staff meetings."

KF
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Potemkin

« Reply #302 on: February 25, 2004, 11:50:14 pm »
Been busy for the past month - and things won't slow down until last week of March. With all this prep work for the upcoming inpspection and the doctor visits, and the fence I am putting up and...  Gads - I need a vacation!

I hope y'all are doing fine.  I'll drop in to check the forum - make sure folks are being nice and what not.  Working the Andro scenario list, sorta...  And something is wrong with my PC - can't seem to link to multiplayer games - within my network.  Odd.

Take care!

Po~  

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2004, 03:50:05 pm »
Just wanted to BUMP and show my support.

Thanks so much for working on this, it's going to be a blast to play with the fleet I'm in.  

Mariner

« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2004, 06:35:48 pm »
Sorry if I haven't much of a help to you. I kind of abandoned my ISS Greene because I just couldn't make it work. But, I think that I could possibly make new shuttles or fighters. Those would only need to be simple, and simple I can do.

BTW, am I a GAW member or still a contributor? Sorry if you were counting of me in the past weeks, but I'm ready to model now.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2004, 11:22:22 pm »
Hey man, don't worry about how much you can contribute. Anything that someone does that can be used, will be, as far as I'm concerned. Member or contributer? We aren't that official. LOL

Right now Karnak is working on the scripts with Dizzy et al. Once he's got something workable we can see about trying it for GaW. Their Andros and Thols are different from what's in our shiplist. The concepts should still be applicable though. Hopefully it won't be ingraved in stone and some changes for balance can be done to them. I'm kinda in limbo til Karnak gets to us.

Sorry to everyone that it's taking so long. I haven't given up and pulled the plug. Even though it's been frustrating at times. Hopefully it won't be too long now.  

Stylsy

« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2004, 04:28:28 pm »
I haven't had a chance to make much progress either, going to look for basic ship classes for each race.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #307 on: March 14, 2004, 04:43:57 pm »
Which reminds me...

Rod,

Do you have/want every kitbash made of P81s Odyssey BB and Explorer CA?

DM and others have made FDXs through BBs (No carriers that I'm aware of) This fleet would be a GREAT  Mirror universe Imperial fleet if you use the D2 Araxes and Excalibur as part of the Imperial fleet. I use the Okinawa Atheorhaven has as the Mirror FF and the high poly Akula (Stock DD) retextured by DTW as the Mirror DD.  I use Heavens Eagle's Scorpio Corvette as their heavy fighter and the Kodiak by P81 as their carrier. I use the Kodiak Shuttle by P81 as their shuttle and I think I will use the recently released Valkyrie fighter as their base fighter.

I use the Churchill retextured by Captain Ron as my FCX and the Loknar Refit as my FDX in this mod.

Also the Klinks should get the Gorkon Carrier by Atrahasis.

Tholian fighters and shuttles: I have at SFU KA style retextures of Hollis J. Woods Tholians available.

KF

Stylsy

« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2004, 07:05:59 am »
Thats great KF, can you send them over my way? I can start to build up a model collection. Any other models you can find would be great.

What would you guys think of using the P81/Atra D2 model pack from Roms/Klink/Fed?

JohnOBX

« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2004, 11:07:32 am »
I just wanted to lend my moral support for this effort, since I don't have a clue about scripting, model making or anything else.  I can't wait to check this out when it is finished.

I noticed in the beginning of this thread the call went for scripters and other talented individuals to participate in this effort.  While I don't have many technical skills, I would like to offer my services as a proof reader/editor for any dialogue that may take place in the course of this game.  (Or anywhere that non-technical text may appear).  I can be reached at my e-mail address (fiveobx@aol.com) if any of the head-knockers on this project want to take me up on the offer.

Again, great idea...

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2004, 06:46:35 pm »
Another bump for support. BTW, I can edit spec files quite well, if you need it. I doubt it, you probably have millions of offers with a project that sounds this cool.

Merlin  

MarianoDT

« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2004, 02:33:18 pm »
Any news?
If it is not too much to ask, any release date?

Thanks,

Mariano

Karnak

« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2004, 02:36:34 pm »
Quote:

Any news?
If it is not too much to ask, any release date?

Thanks,

Mariano

Play Andro (ie. Prime Cartel) and/or Tholian (ie. Korgath Cartel) on Bonk's SFBOP's dyna. and try the Enemy Sweep Patrol mission.  If you play Andro, Deep Scan something.  If you play Tholian, tractor an enemy ship.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

KBF-HangNail

« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2004, 08:50:15 pm »
So When will this mod be released. Sounds fun. Cant wait too see all the new models. and too see the gameplay itself.  

Mariner

« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2004, 08:14:23 pm »
Rod, could you post some beta screenies (like one or two) by any chance? I'd like to use them in my SFC2 Power Point Presentation, as part of the mod section (which takes up about half of the 12 slides ) I need them by tomorrow, though I could just use Stysly's old ones...

Or not.

Sleeper

Re: Galaxies at War
« Reply #315 on: May 07, 2004, 06:54:10 pm »
how about the brien.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #316 on: May 07, 2004, 08:34:41 pm »
I'm afraid that the Brien(sp?) will have to wait for a TNG mod. The races are all set as it is.

Just as an FYI, there was a bit of a crisis that's seemed to have passed (hopefully ). The hardest part right now, and the part that requires the most technical knowledge, are the scripts. There's also the matter of the models. Some ships are kinda slated in that haven't been made yet. many of the ships also require some modifications to make them work right with the shiplist (mostly hardpointing) and to get them all to look right together. We don't want the models to look slapped together. We want the fleets to look like they were all actually done by the same race in the same era. Right now that's not a biggie though. Even if all of the models were ready, there's still other stuff to do.

Sorry that it's taking so long. If it turns out as intended though it should be worth the wait.
Keep the faith, all.    

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2004, 02:38:19 pm »
Thanks for the update Rod.

KF

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #318 on: May 27, 2004, 09:08:35 pm »
Consider the Faith officially under Klingon Guard, it ain't going anyplace...

Also, It's Breen(just wanted to clear that up, you can play them in the Chris Jones TNG mod).

Keep up the excellent work, I look forward to this release!

Merlin

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the update!!!

Windfox

« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2004, 09:23:19 pm »
Reading through this thread I noticed a few people wondering about the LMC races... I found some information about them here:

http://www.adastragames.com/downloads/LMC_SFB.html