Topic: Athabaska Class  (Read 19831 times)

Rogue NineCH

Re: Athabaska Class
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2004, 05:55:08 pm »
Chrystoff : This is only a rough WIP, the notch will be fixed before final release.

atheorhaven:  That would be cool wouldn't it?  Let me know when yours is ready and I releae the Athatbaska then.

Bernard Guignard:  I forgot I scaled the hull up a bit for my Renown class, about the shorter hull, do know of any ships that have that so I can get a good idea of what to do?

Thatnks everyone for your comments, I appreciate it.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2004, 06:29:14 pm »
Hi Rogue
    I just emailed you the Knox class frigate created by P81 it has the proper saucer dimensions for for converting to an Athabaska class primary hull it could use updated texture job    

Azel

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2004, 06:33:03 pm »
Damn Fine work man!!!!

So would it be too far out of line if I was to ask if you would bash that Geraldo missile cruiser
with mods

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2004, 03:36:38 am »
BG:  Ok, I see what you are talking about, I can fix that.

Azel:  Haven't seen that ship so if you have any pics or tell me where I can find it, I'll see what I can do.

atheorhaven

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2004, 02:16:10 am »
Sounds good to me Rogue.. just waiting for feedback on the TOS ship from Bernard.. (waiting patiently actually).. the latest shots posted show the shortened primary hull, lowered primary hull on the neck, and where things are now...

In the meantime, keeping busy by trying to fix the smoothing issues on my Red Dwarf so I can finally release her, and working on another ship for Nanner, plus thinking on how to do the k/b for the Yamato..

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2004, 05:54:59 pm »
Quote:

Sounds good to me Rogue.. just waiting for feedback on the TOS ship from Bernard.. (waiting patiently actually).. the latest shots posted show the shortened primary hull, lowered primary hull on the neck, and where things are now...

In the meantime, keeping busy by trying to fix the smoothing issues on my Red Dwarf so I can finally release her, and working on another ship for Nanner, plus thinking on how to do the k/b for the Yamato..  

Hi Alec
    Been a little busy with Banting matters and my temp work. The primary hull looks great .
The Secondary hull has to change. I'll email you Anduril's decatur.  The secondary hull from the decatur as its shown in concept. would be right for an early Athabaska class.    

atheorhaven

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2004, 03:40:49 am »
Quote:

Hi Alec
    Been a little busy with Banting matters and my temp work. The primary hull looks great .
The Secondary hull has to change. I'll email you Anduril's decatur.  The secondary hull from the decatur as its shown in concept. would be right for an early Athabaska class.    

np Bernard..

Got the Decatur in email and pulled out the lower hull, neck, and pylons.  Kept Lord Schtupp's warp engines (and of course the primary hull) for ease of registries and to reduce the number of components using 256x256 textures.  

So once I got the primary saucer positioned on the neck from the Decatur so it wasn't too far forward, I got this:

Once the textures are color-matched a bit better between Anduril's textures and Lord Schtupp;s and I attempt to fudge the 256x256 textures up to 512s it should look pretty good.  So what do you think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by atheorhaven »

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2004, 06:02:27 pm »
hi Alec
    Much better.    I think the primary hull has to be raised up and forward say equal to what the Decatur primary hull looks like in the drawing on page 2 of this thread that I posted. Currently its looking a little squashed.  Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to work on this. I appreciate what you and Rogue are doing on these projects.

I'll see what  I can whip up for a ship's development logo.

Thanks again guys  

atheorhaven

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2004, 06:54:30 pm »
Quote:

hi Alec
    Much better.    I think the primary hull has to be raised up and forward say equal to what the Decatur primary hull looks like in the drawing on page 2 of this thread that I posted. Currently its looking a little squashed.  Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to work on this. I appreciate what you and Rogue are doing on these projects.
I'll see what  I can whip up for a ship's development logo.    

I'll do what I can with it, but it'll probably involve moving the neck forward because if the primary hull moves much more forward on the neck, the top of the neck will be showing.  

But I'll try to match it if I can..

atheorhaven

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2004, 10:39:45 pm »
Okay, here's what I was able to do... and it looks all right I think..

Looks like the only thing now is to pull back the deflector and the mesh is done..

Then it's textures, which means that I need the registry number for the Athabasca now..

(edit: color matched the textures between Anduril's Decatur and Lord Schtupp's Connie now as well.. so it's just the registry numbers left)..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 11:02:20 pm by atheorhaven »

Chrystoff

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2004, 10:58:48 pm »
Atheorhaven, I think you've done a terrific job. Nothing more to be said.  

atheorhaven

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2004, 11:04:29 pm »
Thanks... it's nice though to have constructive ideas to build off.. this way when it's all done it should be pretty close to an accurate Athabasca Class instead of some other variant.  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2004, 04:44:36 am »
Hi Alec
    The final modifications look great   Registry for the Athabaska class is 2530.  looking forward to seeing the final results.    I think it will make a fine Galactic Survey Cruiser Room for fighters, labs and cargo.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2004, 08:24:12 am »
Oh wow!

She's sweet!

atheorhaven

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2004, 08:59:12 am »
Hmmmm, 2530 for a reg number is going to be a bit high though for TOS stuff... would you mind if I bump 'er down to 1830 or somewhere in that range?  That should still put the registry somewhere in the TOS time period.  But you're the boss, if you want 2530 then it can also be 2530.  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2004, 09:11:03 am »
Interesting kitbash....

atheorhaven

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2004, 01:51:15 pm »
The question is.. do you like it?  

Just need to track down Anduril now and see if he would mind his ship being used in this way (and maybe see if he has some original 512s for it as well.. my 256 -> 512 bumped up textures don't look bad, but original 512s would look better).

If he's okay with it, and you are, then I'll release it.  

And I've finished two sets of registries for this one.. Bernard's original 2530 registry number for TMP "canon", and one lowered 500 to put it roughly into the range of the Surya and similar ships.. so it's looking like this now..

Will probably do two more small things to it, add some secondary hull lighting on that red flaggie thingie on the secondary hull so it's lit in lower light, and maybe slightly change the torpedo slots texture-wise just a little bit as well.

But other than that, it's done and ready to released as soon as I do up credits and track down Anduril.  

Marauth

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2004, 02:02:57 pm »
Erm, feel I should be the one to moan - 1830 is the registry of the USS Miranda.

As for it being too high at 2530 - the Ptolemy class starts at NCC-3801 and they didn't even get refitted to TMP era so there's no real issue with the ship being too old for it's registry.

Oh also it's Athabaska not Athabasca.

atheorhaven

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2004, 03:03:38 pm »
Quote:

Erm, feel I should be the one to moan - 1830 is the registry of the USS Miranda.

Oops... okay, the 1830 registry is gone then..

Quote:

As for it being too high at 2530 - the Ptolemy class starts at NCC-3801 and they didn't even get refitted to TMP era so there's no real issue with the ship being too old for it's registry.

Alrighty.. good point.. so it's just 2530 then.  

Quote:

Oh also it's Athabaska not Athabasca.  

Fixed now...

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2004, 07:43:36 pm »
Quote:

Hmmmm, 2530 for a reg number is going to be a bit high though for TOS stuff... would you mind if I bump 'er down to 1830 or somewhere in that range?  That should still put the registry somewhere in the TOS time period.  But you're the boss, if you want 2530 then it can also be 2530.    

Hi Alec
    I've got no problem with lowering the registry number the ship looks fantastic and I like it very much.