Topic: Model Request: F-NCA  (Read 7297 times)

NannerSlug

Re: Model Request: F-NCA
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2004, 07:43:26 pm »
Quote:

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

what class is this?

Marauth

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2004, 07:59:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Can anyone make a kitbash out of the P81 Enterprise to make a TMP version of the Federation NCA picture below?

This is an HWD...I have the miniature....*looks again*...yeppers....heavy war destroyer...says so right here...er there.....and yes...I'd love to see a TMP version

Nopers - that is in fact an NCA - Chicago class, the HWD (DW in SFC) is kinda different - it looks like this:

http://members.aol.com/destynova02/fdw.html

and FYI I actually have a TMP version made up and on it's way to RogueNineCH once I do the registries.

Marauth

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2004, 08:02:07 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

what class is this?  

It isn't one. Trident (original ) is the unofficial fandom name but it's never been seen onscreen though it was made for the DS9 battle-scenes. Many have been made but none are accurate as they're all bashes - no one bothers to model any of the stuff inbetween the engines at the rear and most add torpedo launchers and all manner of other bits and pieces.

NannerSlug

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 08:24:10 pm »
well how does this look? i would like to know so i can name it.

btw, i am interested in what you might have.

NannerSlug

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 08:38:43 pm »
btw, i redid this one with the proper saucer per trek. it isnt finished, though, as there is a part that has a hole in it that i dont know how to fix.

Mariner

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2004, 09:10:33 pm »
I just did a quick texture bash on Atra's NCA, and with P81's Enterprise saucer texture's, it's perfect! Better yet, even the original Enterprise neck details match up with the NCA's pseudo-hull!   I'd recommend kitbashing that model with Ent Nacelles, impulse and photons, retexturing the rest.

Here's my X-periment:

Could someone perhaps try this less extensive semi-kitbash/rebuild?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 09:15:03 pm by Mariner »

Marauth

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2004, 09:23:03 pm »
Quote:

btw, i redid this one with the proper saucer per trek. it isnt finished, though, as there is a part that has a hole in it that i dont know how to fix.  

Don't The proper saucer is an Ent-B saucer top and the bottom-half is an Excelsior saucer top. Also there are 2 Enterprise pylons in a triangular arrangement as little sense as that makes. But I don't know what all those greeblies in the back are made from unlike the Centaur which we know exactly what it is.

Edit: Sneak peek on my interpretation of the F-DW as SFC calls it - the SFB HWD:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/bwaxtor/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=10

I wish WZ would come back and grant us mortals a Miranda to fill the light cruiser slot... Not to mention we could make so many variants and kitbashes...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 09:29:06 pm by The Vampire Lestat »

Crimmy

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2004, 09:26:23 pm »
*shrug*....how the hell would I know?

NannerSlug

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2004, 09:28:06 pm »
got it fixed. ill. post later.

if you are talking about a connie kb, let me know die hard.

Captain Ron

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2004, 10:20:51 pm »

Well we are discussing this this one is the latest from Mackie, it is still in LWO formate though

ModelsPlease

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2004, 10:31:37 pm »
According to the DS9 technical manuals this is the  CHIMERA CLASS

CHIMERA CLASS

If you went by scale being that it's an Excelsior model it would be just under 400M.But,according to DS9 it's listed at 288.33Meters.
So it could function as an FCL , FFF , or FHDW .

Chimera class

The LUG RPG supplement Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 1: The Ships of Starfleet calls this class a Fast Frigate (288m long, 15 decks, in service from 2366 - corrected to 2374 by a discussion board posting from the author, Steve Long) and makes it the triple nacelled Excelsior variant from the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual. Also listed are the U.S.S. Chimera NCC-71653, U.S.S. Ta'veret NCC-71777 and the U.S.S. Janeng NCC-72146; whilst The Dominion War Sourcebook: The Files of Armageddon mentions the U.S.S. Hephaestos NCC-73469. The Portland is not mentioned at all, combined with the dates and the registries makes this all seem a bit suspect.

NCC-57418 U.S.S. Portland
History: In service in 2371.
Notes: DS9 "The Die is Cast" ref.

DH123

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2004, 10:37:48 pm »
Quote:

I just did a quick texture bash on Atra's NCA, and with P81's Enterprise saucer texture's, it's perfect! Better yet, even the original Enterprise neck details match up with the NCA's pseudo-hull!   I'd recommend kitbashing that model with Ent Nacelles, impulse and photons, retexturing the rest.

Here's my X-periment:

Dude, that would be pefect with TMP nacelles.  Can you do that?  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2004, 04:57:25 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Here's my X-periment:

Dude, that would be pefect with TMP nacelles.  Can you do that?  

Could we see a top view and if some one could swap the bridge module for a tmp bridge module it would make a better effect I think  

Mariner

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2004, 10:05:30 am »
I wish I could, but I just have MSpaint. I'm sure someone else would be better suited.

But, it doesn't look too bad with the Ent grid lines, so just imagine that.

Could someone look into this possibly?  

Azel

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2004, 11:50:28 pm »
OK here is a TMP version of the SFB TOS NCA
Hope this helps

Enjoy

Dizzy

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2004, 04:20:18 am »
Whats its ass look like?

The rest is good.

Marauth

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2004, 06:42:05 am »
Quote:

Whats its ass look like?

The rest is good.  

's one fiine pice o' arse right there

Seriously though, reminds me of the rear hull of the Soyuz, which would fit the role perfectly IMO with modifications ofcourse. I would only suggest using the cut-off engines from the Constellation class for the lower nacelle rather than just shortening it as I looks like some bad scaling at the moment. Just MO.

Azel

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2004, 03:16:38 pm »

Quote:

Seriously though, reminds me of the rear hull of the Soyuz, which would fit the role perfectly IMO with modifications ofcourse.  I would only suggest using the cut-off engines from the Constellation class for the lower nacelle rather than just shortening it as I looks like some bad scaling at the moment. Just MO.

The ventral nacelle on the SFB TOS version is like that...thats why its a that size...I cannot yous a Constellation nacelle because, believe it or not that nacelle is larger than a connie's...but I see you point

As for her rear I just TMPed the SFB miniature...the ship that you guys have posted earlier is not an NCA...but rather is an NDW ...that ship too has a very similar layout to the NCA but is much smaller...also her ventral nacelle is smaller than the 2 dorsal ones

FYI:  the Soyuz is a Frigate as is the miranda...only SFC lists a miranda as a CL...but in reality she is not.  The Soyuz is a science ship...those are not weapons on her those are sensors like the Saratoga variant from the pilot ep. of DS9

BTW: I totally go for and agree with  the "Trident"-class as an NCA...but maybe a version with Connie nacelles???
And maybe add a shuttle bay by cutting into the mesh  under the impulse assembly deck???
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 03:21:20 pm by Azel »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2004, 03:29:04 pm »
Quote:

Well we are discussing this this one is the latest from Mackie, it is still in LWO formate though  

Please tell me that this is ready....

KF

Captain Ron

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2004, 03:45:21 pm »
Not yet he is still modifing adding to it.

Either way he now has about 4-5 ships that need converting, so it will end up back logged.