Topic: progress report  (Read 20628 times)

Stormbringer

Re: progress report
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 12:34:04 am »
I need to call the agency tomorrow to get it.

Stormbringer

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 12:37:01 am »
It may have been updated, but I agree that asking for a reduced price as well as checking for problems associated with older homes is prudent. Thanks for caring enough to offer advice.   Also there re plenty of larger and newer houses in the city and surrounding area even at less cost but I love the facade. If it were on a country lot or at least a larger lot it would be irresistable. The web page says it's single story but the book says it has a half story. There is a room over the garage not counted in the square footage for some reason. I like the idea of a multi-level house. Even though this will end up as a rental in a few years I might remodel it any way. New bathroom. kitchen, dining room staircase.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 12:46:38 am by Stormbringer »

Stormbringer

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 04:12:17 pm »
1205 SW Binkley. Easiest way to get there (to binkley st)  is via Mckinney (?) road between SW 29th and Penn. 4 blocks down Mckinney. If the agent's info is correct and I got it all.

Sirgod

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2004, 04:16:47 pm »
I'll check It out for you, But the SW part of OKC, is not the best area Too be honest. Give me untill tomorrow afternoon, and I'll Give It a look see.

Stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2004, 04:24:17 pm »
Alrighty then. The picture shows part of the house next door. Kind of a hint of the nieghbohood. Did not set off alarm bells. But it's not much to go by. Your recon will help. The lot is tiny. 50X130. just two smallish trees in back. All things I dislike being a country boy at heart.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 04:25:24 pm by Stormbringer »

Sirgod

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 11:48:08 pm »
Sorry, I didn't get to It today, But I'll try to over the weekend Bro.

Stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 11:53:45 pm »
No problem. People who ask favors should not demand a strict timeline. I have almost all the time in the world.

Side note:  Dojo mat, 600 dollars for a 5X15 foot strip (Macho brand.). Incredible. Barely enough for combination drils, tumbling drills or Kata practice. Sheesh!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 12:07:44 am by Stormbringer »

Sirgod

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2004, 12:14:43 am »
Yep they are very expensive. at the time I had my DoJo The tax number is the only thing that saved me. When I went to Century MA, there in DelCity, I bought almost 5k worth of stuff, but got a discount because of opening a new buisness account with them. Of course that was back around '95.

all the same, I'll check with a buddy up in Tulsa, He may still have some of my old MA training stuff, Pads, Kickshields, etc, That you can use.

stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 12:18:30 am »
I won't have a use for kick shield etc without someone to beat up on.   I meant practice with.

ActiveX

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 12:19:44 am »

Stormbringer

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2004, 12:24:42 am »
Whutchu sqintin' at, willis?

kidding aside, It's been twenty years since I've practiced regularly, and my injuries will prevent me from using my favorite techniques. On top of that SirGod said he used to own a Dojo. I used to be an 7th Blue belt in Jhoon Rhee's original style of TKD. I don't think he has anything to worry about in the Dojo abuse department.

Sirgod

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2004, 12:25:22 am »
Hey I'm your guy. Hell I need to get some practice back in anyway. We can even Get Brother Mush up here also. He's pretty quick on his feet actually.  that Is If we can Pry him away from His Oil and Cows.  

Stephen

Sirgod

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2004, 12:28:17 am »
Jhoon Rhee was a pretty cool guy, He used to teach Presidents at one time, and also Congress IIRC. He used to be in just about every other MA Magaizine around.

I studies TKD back when I was a kid, But I mostly practiced JKD over the last 10-12 years. Heck You've seen me though, I'm Built more like Joe Lewis rather then Bruce , Ted, etc.

Stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2004, 12:28:47 am »
Well when I finally get to learning Gatka, I could join yall fogies...

Sirgod

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2004, 12:31:00 am »
Quote:

I can just see us all in some old Guy Movie, and activeX being the Young guy coming into the Group to help us kill Ninja's/terrorists/ Finish anger management People, whoever the Villian of the day happens to be.

Stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2004, 12:31:51 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I can just see us all in some old Guy Movie, and activeX being the Young guy coming into the Group to help us kill Ninja's/terrorists/ Finish anger management People, whoever the Villian of the day happens to be.

Stephen  

The Crew...plus One

Toasty0

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2004, 12:34:39 am »
Quote:

I won't have a use for kick shield etc without someone to beat up on.   I meant practice with.  

Stephen looks about the right size for a dummy-standin...

hehehehe..

Stormbringer

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2004, 12:36:28 am »
Quick on his feet, eh. Nah, we don't need him. At least not until I practice up a bit. Of the 6 kata's needed to qualify for the belt I wear I can perform only the first (Chun ji) and part of the second (Tan Gun). My stances, footwork, speed and endurance suck, and the techniques are more likely to injure me than any opponent. Thats why I'm looking into converting an unused room into a semi-private dijoo-exercise room.

Sirgod

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2004, 12:42:41 am »
Oh wow, I an recall Chun Ji, Wrist's too the Right side, left punch, Rotate, again punch, etc. Following Compass points I believe.

Man that's been along time ago.

BTW Secret Practice sessions are being planned on so we can all make that small trip to Las Vegas.  

Stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2004, 12:45:05 am »
Quote:

BTW Secret Practice sessions are being planned on so we can all make that small trip to Las Vegas.  

Already there...