Topic: progress report  (Read 20627 times)

Sirgod

Re: progress report
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2004, 12:47:44 am »
That's right, I forgot you where in Vegas. My In-laws lived there for along time, Like 22 years.

Seriously, If I can ever afford It, I'd love to make the trip back out there, esp. since the Borg invaded the Hilton.  

stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2004, 12:48:55 am »
Still havent managed to meet Toasty...

Sirgod

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2004, 12:51:00 am »
Well , that's probably a good thing, His grand Kids would Probably run you over. I've seen the film of there Driving.  

stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2004, 12:54:41 am »
That's why I remember it. (Don't look at my stances though. They are no longer automatic.) And don't tell the old form names to Jhoon Rhee's new students (international style) thy use the Olympic Tae guek katas. They don't use the same katas or the same rank system. (Blue belt? What's that? You made that up!)

ActiveX

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2004, 12:54:56 am »
You should see me eastbound on the 215, sofar I've gotten to 110 mph in moderate traffic...

And now that the head gaskets are being replaced on the T-Bird...

Sirgod

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2004, 01:03:43 am »
LOL, I can remember when all the Controversy over Belt testing was a big thing. alot of people Claimed It was just away to make more money for the Instructors. I have no idea if that's still the case or not these days, It's been along time ago, since I lloked at Rigid forms of MA.  

Seriously though, I bet you could still do some damage if you had too.

hehe, ActiveX I wish I would have known you a few years back, We used to live in Knigman AZ.

As a matter of fact, the year we lived there, I used to always be asked, Why did you move to Kingman from Oklahoma?

after awhile, and to be left alone, I perfected the one word answer... "revenge"

Stephen

Stormbringer

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2004, 01:09:04 am »
Many Dojos are so commercialized now and altered to sports goals more than defense and spiritual development  that I think the argument is mostlydead. Now advertisements in martial arts magazines offer a career in owning a dojo even if you do not know martial arts. (I actually saw this somewhere.) There are few good dojos, sifus,   shidoshis or instructors  left if this is true.

ActiveX

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2004, 01:11:48 am »
I wont even be old enough to gamble or drink legally untill this November...

So a few years back I prolly wouldnt have known you anyway...

Sirgod

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2004, 01:34:56 am »
I was one of the first sifu's to actually do a Pay by day basis. No Contracts at all, as I had been raped with those growing up. every now and again, I'll get a call for a few Private lessons, But after the Necro crap, and my shoulder Being broke, It's been along time since i've been able to do any serious teaching.

I do have to admit this Conversation between us has Raised my old teaching Blood though.

Hehe, It would be funny If us old Fart Star Trek Fans decided to enter a tourney and win.

Heck ActiveX, Don't sweat, your just a few years younger then my step son. He's only 22 actually, So you would have been gold. as a matter of fact, Nathan was one of my student's and that's how I met his mother , my current wife.

Stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2004, 02:09:11 am »
Im thinking about having another go at the military, see if they will go fer it...

Prolly not the same branch...honor thing...heh...

Sirgod

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2004, 10:56:44 am »
Well I hope It works out for you ActiveX ,Here's to your serving.

Stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2004, 10:59:43 am »
Im actually looking to get aboard an AWACS or a P-3...Air Force or Navy...

JMM

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2004, 12:27:26 pm »
Make SURE you get the college fund in addition to the basic G.I. Bill, Active, you will NOT regret it when you exit and go to college. You do not even have to exit to use it, I knew many people at DeWitt Army Hospital who were attending college full-time, collecting their G.I. Bill and getting their active duty pay! Sweeeeeet! Plus an education to boot!    

ActiveX

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2004, 12:37:25 pm »
Im no longer eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill...

JMM

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2004, 10:13:25 pm »
Well, still make sure you get a good MOS where you have some time to get an education, even without the G.I. bill, the military still helps active duty soldiers with college expenses, at least they did in 91-94 when I was at DeWitt hospital after gulf war. Man, MEDDAC was so great! I missed the CAV units, but I preferred looking at and being around all the women, patients and workers alike! Also, co-ed barracks rock!    

ActiveX

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2004, 01:36:46 am »
Hehe, well I plan to get all the education I can in the time I serve hehe...

Maybe work on a Masters slowly but surely...

Sirgod

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2004, 05:57:57 pm »
Any update ActiveX? How's It going.

BTW storm, still haven't made It out to that house, But I will this week.

stephen

ActiveX

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2004, 11:43:30 pm »
I have to go to Phoenix MEPS before anything newsworthy happens...

JMM

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2004, 07:32:32 am »
What route you gonna go Active? You have a degree, going to give being an officer a go? Or go enlisted and apply for OCS? Army or Air Force? Stay away from Navy and Marines, too much deployment time IMO. You already been there and done that.

Being an ex 91B, might I suggest the medical field? You get a good clinic or hospital duty assignment, I guarantee you will be going to school while serving. If you fo enlisted as a 91B, and you have the required core classes, apply for P.A. school (physician assistant), big demand in the civilian world for them. You have the power of a doctor, but are not exactly a doctor, but you are above a nurse.  

BTW, Ft. Sam Houston is in San Antonio, you'll LOVE it, Riverwalk, so many places to go to and things to do. You have the beach only two 1/2 hours away, Mexico 2 1/2 hours away, and Austin is 1 1/2 hrs away. School there? You'll learn A LOT, but it is also one big party place too! Beware the "meat market" on post, hehehehehehehehehehehe.  

ActiveX

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2004, 08:17:34 am »

I was thinking about goin USAF and gunnin fer a radar tech rate...

I could be airborne or anywhere I'd want, I'll prolly go fer an AWACs eventually...