Topic: U.s.s. Enterprise J  (Read 9808 times)

Croesus

U.s.s. Enterprise J
« on: March 05, 2004, 08:34:55 am »
hello everyone!

Im really new here, ive been playing SFC 3 since the start and i think ive just learned the basics of using 3d studio max...

what im asking is could someone make a concept of the secondary hull for me?

I saw Enterprise the other night and though it would be a nice "first project"

be gentle

http://www.geocities.com/croesusmod/EnterpriseJ.jpg

p.s. this is my first mesh and I know it needs alot of work, but I think ive got the shape ok so far    

Dizzy

Re: U.s.s. Enterprise J
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 10:57:24 am »

Can everyone see that pic? I cant ever see the yahoo page jpegs unless I copy the url into the addy bar.

Reverend

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 10:58:30 am »
Well, heck yeah, it looks just like that screen on the show... good work thus far, and welcome! Keep us posted!
Anyone wanting to take a guess at that secondary hull thre? There ws a big thread about that ship just yesterday....  

Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:00:47 am »
Yeah, the shape is ok... but spindly as hell. But you did capture what you saw very well. I think there is more to that ship than meets the eye, mesh wise. It cant possibly be that thin for me to like it in any sense. Stupid spindly trek design imo.

Course, trek just keeps getting more stupid as the episodes meaner onward...

Croesus

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:30:20 am »
thanks for the welcome and the pick post guys lol

u know what I think?

I think the Enterprise J is a rip of, of the NX-01... when u think about it, the design lay out is the same, look real close at the display pannel, I think I can see the deflector on the front of the saucer section, like Enterprise. its prob just a big stretched NX-01 lol. If this was the case... maybe it doesnt have a secondary hull? lets face it the saucer section is massive. I'm gona try a few designs and see which one is best.

when they look out of the window at the battle in the Enterprise episode u can also see the underside of the saucer section... I think  

the necelles look alittle bit norway class to me?

what do ya think?  

Azel

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:37:43 am »

Quote:

hello everyone!

Im really new here, ive been playing SFC 3 since the start and i think ive just learned the basics of using 3d studio max...

what im asking is could someone make a concept of the secondary hull for me?

I saw Enterprise the other night and though it would be a nice "first project"

be gentle

http://www.geocities.com/croesusmod/EnterpriseJ.jpg

p.s. this is my first mesh and I know it needs alot of work, but I think ive got the shape ok so far  

LOL this is great!!!
I was planning to tackle a schematic this weekend( you beat me to it )
If you can wait a day I'll post it here for you...That is if you would have me...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:39:31 am by Azel »

Croesus

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »
u r most welcome my friend, just stick up what ya got and ill take a look...

in the mean time ive made a few updates, thats all for tonight

the necelle is P81's, its just an example or how it should look  

enjoy

InragedSith

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 03:23:23 pm »
The ship is looking good

This may help out abit

Croesus

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 03:28:21 pm »
yes! brill

thank u, that helps alot, its hard to find a bit when either one of them aint standing infront of the pannel  

Tal'Shiar Agent 1313

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 04:47:18 pm »
Sweet looking ship man.  Got a feeling that this is gonna look great!!!

Just as an off note, how many others thought the Enterprise-J looked like the Charleston Class that Lord Bile did a long time ago??

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 05:00:45 pm »
What hapenned to F, G, H and I? Is this supposed to be a ship from the future?

Croesus

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 05:13:13 pm »
Yup, The Enterprise J was in the latest episode of "Enterprise"... well technically it was although we didnt see any CGI shots

but thats B'n'B for ya  

Azel

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 05:20:08 pm »

Quote:

u r most welcome my friend, just stick up what ya got and ill take a look...

in the mean time ive made a few updates, thats all for tonight

the necelle is P81's, its just an example or how it should look

Ok great!!!
Then I am in

Unfortunately I cannot see your pics mate

Quote:

Yes this is a canon ship from the future....( from the ST: Enterprise ep. "Azati Prime" )
And as for the Enterprise F-I  leave them to me
I designed the 1701-F aka the Soulwolf-class of 2 years ago...An I am always looking to design a New Enterprise

MarianoDT

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 05:31:58 pm »
Quote:

Will the UFP keep the two-nacelle+saucer type of ships for ever????
After hundreds of yeas of advance in technology, they keep using a ENT-era desing.....very dissapointing.  

Azel

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 05:43:29 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hundreds of yeas of advance in technology, they keep using a ENT-era desing.....very dissapointing.  

Nah man...It could just be cormemorative to the Name
C'mon she is the Enterprise after all.
Besides we do know that in the future the designs do get much more radical...Like the Relativity  

MarianoDT

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 05:52:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Besides we do know that in the future the designs do get much more radical...Like the Relativity  

Hmmmmm, it could be.
I never though about it that way. After all we´ve already seen the Wells class wich is very "futuristic"
And a totally new desing will have to fight against a LOT of die hard fans that will dislike the new look.
I guess it wouldn´t be Trek without nacelles as it would´t be SW without the ridiculous light-sword.

Azel

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2004, 08:32:26 pm »

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmm, it could be.
I never though about it that way. After all we´ve already seen the Wells class wich is very "futuristic"
And a totally new desing will have to fight against a LOT of die hard fans that will dislike the new look.
I guess it wouldn´t be Trek without nacelles as it would´t be SW without the ridiculous light-sword.

Exactly...It was just a thought...besides, the who knows, the Ent F-I could have had a few "wild cards" in there  

Reverend

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 12:23:16 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmm, it could be.

Exactly...It was just a thought...besides, the who knows, the Ent F-I could have had a few "wild cards" in there    

Amen to that, Atolm... Croesus, I really like that mesh a lot... if you do add anything to it, you could try to make it pretty subtle; like a funky little bitty secondary hull, so that it wouldn't be visible from tha angle...
does that make any sense? Just a suggestion, or an idea...:)
Either way, great work- keep it coming  

Capt_Spade

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2004, 03:10:14 am »
Well, I would like to comment on it but the page just comes up as "page not avalible".  

ganymad

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 03:45:56 am »
i havent seen the mesh (broken link) but from the reactions i suppose its quit good  
but actually i dont like the design of the new ship. everything (exept the saucer) is too thin!
and it looks too big.st ships have always been pretty big but that ship looks like it breaks the 1km barrier.
id love to see a design in the range of 400 to 500m. and a bit more beefy.
and hey - they are at war at that time - everything looks so uber-clean.
well - we`ll get used to it like we got used to the excelsior or the galaxy.we`ll see.
but im glad they did try to design something new even if it follows the conventional style.

but i think when it comes to ship design they did much better when they designed the saber ,norway,akira and the steamrunner.

greatings,

ed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by ganymad »

Croesus

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 05:06:10 am »
hmmm I was having a brain storm and I was thinking of a mix between... (hopes this is right) insignia class secondary hull and the sovereign....

that was just a thought, I was judging from the other ships we saw, the prometheus doesnt have a large distinctive secondary hull, more like a bit of the ship that the necelles are attacked to, also the dauntless (wtf was that all about) that doesnt have a big secondary hull, we should also assume the deflector dish is on the front of the saucer like enterprise Nx01.

Azels design then the sov/insignia

one more thing I just noticed. It looks like Enterprise J doesnt have a quantum torpedo turret like the latest ships, I got that idea because when Archer and the other guy r looking out of the window it looks like they are looking across the bottom or the saucer section and u can see it has a sort of sensor dome on it.... well I think so anyways lol  

ill add some detail a little later today

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2004, 06:06:20 am »
Does anyone think that Enterprise is going a little over the top with all the time travel and crossing of timelines and mixed up plots etc?

DestinyCalling

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 06:16:41 am »
Quote:

Does anyone think that Enterprise is going a little over the top with all the time travel and crossing of timelines and mixed up plots etc?  

Everyone does.... I think !!!!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by DestinyCalling »

ganymad

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2004, 06:22:24 am »
they definatly did/do! when i watched the pilot of enterprise i thought that the temporal cold war could become very interesting and could open new storylines. but i also thought that the could spoil the whole thing with it. i was hoping they would write scripts wich would be more intelligent and more constant to the former shows. but unfortunatly the worst case happend. i dont see enterprise as a part of star trek i see it as an independent sci fi series based on star trek.
sometimes the show is good, sometimes its not - damn i hope they wont let archer be captured again and again and again....

space...the final frontier
starship enterprise,the first  the name to bear...
wich traveld so far from here to there,
 just to find out that there is nothing there,
nothing there  but chronical madness
archer finds himself so restless,
ship alone in alternative space,
hunted by a hostile race,
ship blows up - see it again?
season ended - upn

just my 2cents.

i hope my english isnt too bad - ive never tryd to make a poem  

Croesus

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2004, 06:52:30 am »
yeah, when ya think about it, what ever happened to the "temporal prime directive" ? not tampering with the timeline... that guy taking archer to the enterprise J and telling him all about whats going to happen?

hmmm I dunno its all confuzing when ya try and think about it so my advice is... dont  

heres some updates, ive remade the saucer, added details in some places... added a saber class like secondary hull and fixed the saucer deflector dish area

CDEDS

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2004, 07:14:50 am »
Great model Croesus.........but dear God of all things good! That can't be the next future Enterprise! Do they just not care anymore over there? Are they designing blind?

I hate what Trek has become.

DestinyCalling

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2004, 07:32:19 am »
Yeah, makes you wonder WHAT they are doing..... But as John Connor told Reese as a message for his mother "The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make".......

Which has nothing to do with this really.......

That said, not all ridiculous designs get made.... Tri-Nacelle Enterprise-D anyone????

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by DestinyCalling »

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2004, 09:26:41 am »
Quote:

yeah, when ya think about it, what ever happened to the "temporal prime directive" ? not tampering with the timeline... that guy taking archer to the enterprise J and telling him all about whats going to happen?

There is much more to it than that....

Azel

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2004, 12:37:59 pm »

Well I guess its alittle late but here's my take:

Top:

Ventral:

Sketch of the direction I am going for the Side:

DestinyCalling

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2004, 12:43:42 pm »
That looks good.... I'm not a big fan of TNG/Post TNG designs but I DO like that.. Lets hope that Paramount's idea is as good as yours.  

Here's a thought though... If this IS what they ended up with (or something similar) then the least the can do is accept the "Loknar" as canon design.... It seems to be a fairly common form these days....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 12:47:10 pm by DestinyCalling »

Croesus

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2004, 01:12:45 pm »
wow, Azel thats amazing...

screw that other deisgn im using urz  

amazing, thanks alot that makes this so much easier

Azel

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2004, 02:18:10 pm »

Quote:

That looks good.... I'm not a big fan of TNG/Post TNG designs but I DO like that.. Lets hope that Paramount's idea is as good as yours.

Here's a thought though... If this IS what they ended up with (or something similar) then the least the can do is accept the "Loknar" as canon design.... It seems to be a fairly common form these days....

Thanks...and yeah I can see the Loknar...and the Perimeter Action ship Akyazi also as canon

Quote:

wow, Azel thats amazing...

screw that other deisgn im using urz

amazing, thanks alot that makes this so much easier

Wow thank you sir
Just happy to lend a hand

Azel

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2004, 07:43:52 am »
Like to still have this on page one somewhere

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2004, 12:14:08 pm »
That's a pretty good design, Azel. The ship looks like it should be from the late 24th century or early 25th century though. I guess that just goes to show that it it ain't broke, don't fix it  

Redragon

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2004, 01:37:41 pm »
WoW, I like that...maybe I can convince Dolph to let me make it.

Azel

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2004, 01:46:08 pm »
Thanks Guys!!!

hey Redragon, who's Dolph???  

olbuzzard

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2004, 02:03:13 pm »
Quote:

Well I guess its alittle late but here's my take:

Top:

Ventral:

Sketch of the direction I am going for the Side:

AZEL  ...  I love your work bud.  Frankly Paramount should be so lucky to have someone with the care that you have in your designs.   IMHO the saucer section is the best.  Your top view looks great.  I just got the impression that from the front view that the ship looks more like a glirified view of the current model being used in the studio.  The pylons attaching the nacelles to the secondary hull apear to be less than sleek....  more square as someone else indicated in a pict of the moded Intrepid.

If your concepts were used .....  the nacelles would be more swept back..   sleek  ( as does yours).  This would be a much better ...  and MORE consistant presentation.

kudos to you bud  ...   excellent work as always !!  

Azel

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2004, 02:17:36 pm »

Quote:

AZEL ... I love your work bud. Frankly Paramount should be so lucky to have someone with the care that you have in your designs. IMHO the saucer section is the best. Your top view looks great. I just got the impression that from the front view that the ship looks more like a glirified view of the current model being used in the studio. The pylons attaching the nacelles to the secondary hull apear to be less than sleek.... more square as someone else indicated in a pict of the moded Intrepid.

If your concepts were used ..... the nacelles would be more swept back.. sleek ( as does yours). This would be a much better ... and MORE consistant presentation.

kudos to you bud ... excellent work as always !!

THANK YOU SIR!!!

Core

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2004, 04:38:01 pm »
Quote:

Great model Croesus.........but dear God of all things good! That can't be the next future Enterprise! Do they just not care anymore over there? Are they designing blind?

I hate what Trek has become.  

Ok I think that this litel theng like the entier Enterprise univers acures in the mirore univers that is way ther are so meny inconcistencise besides did any one read the wiliam shatner noveles abult the subject like Specter , Dark victory , Priserver ther is a tiny paragraf in one of the books that explanes the situatition we are in like the fact that cocren was abel to remember the litel fact that his first warp flgit was inturapted by the borg and the increesed tempral desruption acoring in the time line

Redragon

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2004, 05:04:44 pm »
Dolphoenix is the guy who tells me to make the models that I make and the person I scream at when I'm frustrated :P (Hes team lead of Star Trek: Homeworld) I'll probably end up making this beast sometime or another with all the Enterprise ships I'm making now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:05:20 pm by Redragon »

Azel

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2004, 06:56:07 pm »

Quote:

Dolphoenix is the guy who tells me to make the models that I make and the person I scream at when I'm frustrated :P (Hes team lead of Star Trek: Homeworld) I'll probably end up making this beast sometime or another with all the Enterprise ships I'm making now.  

So you cannot just model a ship...or would that be in breach of a contract
Actually nevermind
I think I understand

Teeth_03

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2004, 07:23:03 pm »
Paramounts just lazy...

They make a holograghic model of a ship,with they know will interest people,then ppl make it,and they use ur design,its ingenius,MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nice ship BTW

Redragon

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2004, 07:41:08 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

So you cannot just model a ship...or would that be in breach of a contract
Actually nevermind
I think I understand

Ohhh pfft, I've done it many times, mostly for DD or something, made Jupiter Station.... a few bridges for BC, anything that will piss him off, I'll make .

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2004, 08:10:44 pm »
I dont like it, not the model, just Paramounts design for the Enterprise.  It is so odd looking.  I mean, when they created the Enterprise-C, they put effort into it.  They based her off the Excelsior and the Galaxy to at least attempt to show that she is inbetween.  But considering the Sovereign Class is the newest seen so far, and this 1701-J is so far in the future, where did they get that design?  It doesnt resemble anything seen before, and i'm tired of new things.  New things scare me,  

Croesus

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2004, 05:16:23 am »
Hey guys

almost have an update, I have the saucer finished and the necelle pylons, at the moment im learning spline caging so I can work on the necelles and secondary hull. I can only work on the ship on my days off (Tuesdays and Weekends) coz I have college/ work and a social life

I'll post alittle somethin tomorrow  

im using Azels drawings as my backgrounds in 3d studio max 3 so the ship will look exactly like the drawning  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2004, 05:26:55 am »
Quote:

Quote:

AZEL ... I love your work bud. Frankly Paramount should be so lucky to have someone with the care that you have in your designs. IMHO the saucer section is the best. Your top view looks great. I just got the impression that from the front view that the ship looks more like a glirified view of the current model being used in the studio. The pylons attaching the nacelles to the secondary hull apear to be less than sleek.... more square as someone else indicated in a pict of the moded Intrepid.

If your concepts were used ..... the nacelles would be more swept back.. sleek ( as does yours). This would be a much better ... and MORE consistant presentation.

kudos to you bud ... excellent work as always !!

THANK YOU SIR!!!

There's an Idea,let's petition Paramount to use Azels ships.Hey it can't hurt,and stranger things have happened, IE : we have actors and wrestlers running the country.
I say go for it  
-MP  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2004, 10:55:19 am »
Ehhh...might as well bump this one up too...  

Core

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2004, 11:23:12 am »
whell i did a side view of the baby    here it is  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 01:08:36 pm by Core »

Core

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2004, 12:39:26 pm »
yey it works it works  

aaa sory  got cout in the moment o more geo cities yey

red_green

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2004, 12:54:12 pm »
Am i the only one who cant see the pic in the initial post. It goes to Yahoo and says page cant be displayed?  I wonder what I am missing.

Hawkmoon

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2004, 01:11:18 pm »
lol so far ive been able to see 1 picture of it.
the first link is dead
then we get a wholelot that just are nice red x's and then we have a row wich said out of bandwidth and now they say account no setup or something.
till we get to Azels schematics i dont see any pictures  

Core

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2004, 01:11:52 pm »
ok what exakly are we talking abult here?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 01:14:14 pm by Core »

red_green

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2004, 03:35:15 pm »
Quote:

Paramounts just lazy...

They make a holograghic model of a ship,with they know will interest people,then ppl make it,and they use ur design,its ingenius,MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nice ship BTW  

Nice design AZel, just found the pics.  Yea Teeth that probably is the truth. Why should paramount  have to design when then can just check out the forum-find a cool ship, then alter it slightly and change the name and they have the Enterprise-Z.  You know,  isnt it odd that most ships only get one  incarnation, but they are using the entire alphabet on the big E. Even though it no longer even resembles the original.   I believe there are occurances of this in the history of the navy. Where a name gets used again, but I dont think they add a letter after it.  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2004, 04:48:16 pm »
Quote:

I believe there are occurances of this in the history of the navy. Where a name gets used again, but I dont think they add a letter after it.

It just so happens that Enterprise is one of those names  

Azel

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2004, 04:56:57 pm »

Quote:

There's an Idea,let's petition Paramount to use Azels ships.Hey it can't hurt,and stranger things have happened, IE : we have actors and wrestlers running the country.
I say go for it  
-MP

Thanks  

Ryker

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »
Found this post on the Dominion Wars forums:-

http://www.domwars.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3398

And this image of an early model thats been done:-

Saw it there, and thought of this thread  

Azel

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2004, 06:00:01 pm »
Nice Job
thats a great Idea on what the ship could have looked like

I tell you what... for a ship that has been briefly shown, and not liked...I have seen 3
versions already    

Captain Pierce

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2004, 07:36:29 pm »
First off, for GeoCities pictures, copy the URL into a new browser, and then go into said URL and delete the "http://" bit, so it's just "www.geocities/whatever/whatever.jpg".

Secondly, there are some great ideas for this ship floating around in this thread, but here's something that I'm not sure folks are taking into consideration.  This was originally posted by Viper/VR in the "Start Your Speculation" thread that's currently on Page 5...  

Now, admittedly I've not yet seen the episode, but this looks to me like they're looking through an actual window (possibly borrowed from Sisko's office on DS9 ) at a battle going on behind the Ent-J.  This would seem to indicate that the long structure on the top is the "tail" of the insect, as it were, the long bit that leads back to what are presumably the nacelle struts.  (There seems to be something like a TMP-era "impulse crystal" toward the back, which is what makes me think that).  While I first thought that the Ent-J might have an Akira-ish "secondary hull" much like the one in the pic that Ryker posted, this pic is making me think that there isn't, that the bottom of the "tail" only goes, say, halfway down the back of the saucer.  With no disrespect intended to anybody who's done any of the versions so far, I don't think any of them quite take this bit into account.  Baased on the fact that there's a door just down the corridor from this window, on the "space" side of the wall ( ), I would venture the guess that this might be some sort of "observation deck" between a shuttlebay or two (that might perhaps bulge out somehow)...

Of course, I could be totally wrong on this...    If the episode ever downloads, I might be able to tell...    

olbuzzard

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2004, 09:52:03 pm »
Quote:

Not bad ...  but I still dont like the "pan cake" idea...  maybe if we took Azels idea  ( probable textures) ...  give the ship a little more depth ...  NOW THAT  has som possibilities.

I like the idea of sharing the two togeather and possibly petition Paramount.  Heck ...  they did not come up with the idea of the FIRST Enterprise !!!

Reverend

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2004, 10:54:12 pm »
Quote:

Hmmm.. I rather like this design... any idea of this mesh's status?  

Capt_Spade

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2004, 05:30:43 am »
Yes you are correct red, the Navy's history of the name Enterprise or Big E which it is known (the Navy does call her this) has been used since ships have saild the seas. From the old wooden battleships of old times past to the world war aircraft carrier (I believe designated CV 6) to the present day neuclear aircraft carrier designated CVN 65 (the worlds first neuclear ship) but no, they have never put a letter at the end of her name. The Big E (CVN 65)  has roughly 7 more years left of her designated 50 year lifespan till she is supposed to be decomissioned. Will her name be carried on? Only time will tell. Just a litte info to put out there from someone who has been a crew of the Enterprise.  

Ryker

Re: U.S.S. Enterprise-J
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2004, 07:36:31 am »
Just saw this reply to that Dom Wars thread- it looks like that untextured mesh is actually the real deal:

Quote:

By: myemailaddie
 Posted: Mar 9 2004, 12:11 AM

that's a model of the image shown by the star trek people who make Enterprise in that episode - it was on the TV and he made a model of it... just to clarify

Now we just need some to texture it

Dom Wars thread about this is  HERE    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Ryker »

olbuzzard

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2004, 06:58:41 pm »
Sorry Ryker..  I still dont like it...  Too much like a glorified flying saucer ..  Azels idea of the nacelles is still 100% better.

He also did an excellent job on a "projected" texture too !!

( just my opinion...  )  

Azel

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2004, 07:36:43 pm »

Quote:

Hey guys

almost have an update, I have the saucer finished and the necelle pylons, at the moment im learning spline caging so I can work on the necelles and secondary hull. I can only work on the ship on my days off (Tuesdays and Weekends) coz I have college/ work and a social life

I'll post alittle somethin tomorrow

im using Azels drawings as my backgrounds in 3d studio max 3 so the ship will look exactly like the drawning  

Cannot wait

Quote:

Sorry Ryker.. I still dont like it... Too much like a glorified flying saucer .. Azels idea of the nacelles is still 100% better.

He also did an excellent job on a "projected" texture too !!

( just my opinion... )  

Thanks mate

I like Ryker's posted concept...alot of the major details are (at least to me, in what I have seen ...and from what I have gathered) not correct...But I do like this concept too...possibly another contempory

I think that everyone that has tried this design is at least in part correct in an aspect of the shape...and have seen the design in different ways according to different prefferences in starship philosophy...the truth of the ship's shape is probably between us
I mean I am sure that my side veiw is off...in its height(I am currently reworking it)...and I do strongly believe that the ship is just (in all bluntness) a TNG-ized NX-01 (not nessesarily a bad thing)...so Croesus, if you are reading this cut down the height of the secondary hull   ... and do not forget the "Steps" on the underside of the saucer(like the sovie)

olbuzzard

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2004, 10:14:44 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys

Thanks mate

I like Ryker's posted concept...alot of the major details are (at least to me, in what I have seen ...and from what I have gathered) not correct...But I do like this concept too...possibly another contempory

I think that everyone that has tried this design is at least in part correct in an aspect of the shape...and have seen the design in different ways according to different prefferences in starship philosophy...the truth of the ship's shape is probably between us
I mean I am sure that my side veiw is off...in its height(I am currently reworking it)...and I do strongly believe that the ship is just (in all bluntness) a TNG-ized NX-01 (not nessesarily a bad thing)...so Croesus, if you are reading this cut down the height of the secondary hull   ... and do not forget the "Steps" on the underside of the saucer(like the sovie)

Azel ...

there is no question that the "modded" review of what was proposed on the TV screen was accurate.  Shucks bubba ..  I was just pointing out that the   best design would be to incorporate the two ideas togeather.  Yours has a better "perspective"  (for lack of a better choice of words at this point).  I'm not so sure I like the idea of streatching out the ship more and more.  (Which is essentiall all they are doing ....  even with the "Sovy")  The more you would streatch it out ..  the flatter it would be come.  Also the nacelles jus flat dont look right  ( again my absolutely totaly biased and unfounded and unprofessional opinion).  I'm sure the idea is for them to be smaller and more powerful.  

I would just prefer to see that "happy median between the two."  Your work shows a lot of thought to the detail of "testuring"  and over all sizing.  Add the two ideas togeather ( if ya can) and see what ya come up with.

(do I make a good arm chair quarter back or what)    

Azel

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2004, 11:05:25 am »

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys

Thanks mate

I mean I am sure that my side veiw is off...in its height(I am currently reworking it)...and I do strongly believe that the ship is just (in all bluntness) a TNG-ized NX-01 (not nessesarily a bad thing)...so Croesus, if you are reading this cut down the height of the secondary hull  ... and do not forget the "Steps" on the underside of the saucer(like the sovie)

Azel ...

there is no question that the "modded" review of what was proposed on the TV screen was accurate. Shucks bubba .. I was just pointing out that the best design would be to incorporate the two ideas togeather. Yours has a better "perspective" (for lack of a better choice of words at this point). I'm not so sure I like the idea of streatching out the ship more and more. (Which is essentiall all they are doing .... even with the "Sovy") The more you would streatch it out .. the flatter it would be come. Also the nacelles jus flat dont look right ( again my absolutely totaly biased and unfounded and unprofessional opinion). I'm sure the idea is for them to be smaller and more powerful.

I would just prefer to see that "happy median between the two." Your work shows a lot of thought to the detail of "testuring" and over all sizing. Add the two ideas togeather ( if ya can) and see what ya come up with.

(do I make a good arm chair quarter back or what)    

Azel

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2004, 09:07:09 pm »
Bumping for progess or news  

Croesus

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2004, 07:53:39 am »
yup, hey

I have alot on at the moment... its progressing slowly

if I can, ill post some pics later today  

Azel

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2004, 11:33:42 am »

Quote:

yup, hey

I have alot on at the moment... its progressing slowly

if I can, ill post some pics later today  

ALL RIGHT!!!

Croesus

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2004, 06:33:45 am »
sorry its so late everyone ive been snowed under at college with work

ive managed to finish the saucer for the Enterprise J, just need to do the Stardrive and necelles

the saucer is blocky but that can be smoothed out later

Azel

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2004, 01:01:41 pm »

Quote:

sorry its so late everyone ive been snowed under at college with work

ive managed to finish the saucer for the Enterprise J, just need to do the Stardrive and necelles

the saucer is blocky but that can be smoothed out later

Redragon

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2004, 10:13:54 pm »
Azel, if its alright, can I use your design to do my take of the Ent J?

Todd587

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2004, 11:01:34 pm »
Azel, your sketches are absolutly amazing. Your idea for the Ent J is definitly the coolest one i've seen.  I started to model it, if thats cool with you. I don't think i'm going to work on this much more yet, I have several other projects i'm working on right now.

I did change the warp pylons though, and realize what I have is nothing like what we see in the MSD on Enterprise.  Let me know what you think of my model so far, and my idea for the warp pylons.  

Oh hey, I love the rear end/top of your warp nacelles, Azel.  But I have no idea what to do for bussards. Do you have any cool designs, or any other sketches of the ones you used on your Ent J sketches?

By the way, this is my first time posting here. Someone posted a link to your sketches at scifi-meshes.com forums and mentioned the Taldren forums. I thought i'd drop you a line and show you what I did.  

Thanks
-Todd  

olbuzzard

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2004, 11:26:44 pm »
Quote:

Azel, your sketches are absolutly amazing. Your idea for the Ent J is definitly the coolest one i've seen.  I started to model it, if thats cool with you. I don't think i'm going to work on this much more yet, I have several other projects i'm working on right now.

I did change the warp pylons though, and realize what I have is nothing like what we see in the MSD on Enterprise.  Let me know what you think of my model so far, and my idea for the warp pylons.  

Oh hey, I love the rear end/top of your warp nacelles, Azel.  But I have no idea what to do for bussards. Do you have any cool designs, or any other sketches of the ones you used on your Ent J sketches?

By the way, this is my first time posting here. Someone posted a link to your sketches at scifi-meshes.com forums and mentioned the Taldren forums. I thought i'd drop you a line and show you what I did.  

Thanks
-Todd  

I agree  ...  the sketch is great..  

here is something I put togeather on the nacelles.(This is strictly Photo Shop stuff ....  sorry guys no wire mesh available)  I hope this is ok..  AZEL ..  if ya dont think this is up to speed drop me a PM  and we will take care of it !!  (it's your stuff bud !)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Reverend

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2004, 11:38:42 pm »
Not a complaint by any means, but what happened to the saucer, in those last pictures? I thought the saucer was the majority of the ship.... and that it was more pancake-shaped? When was it decided that it was going this other direction? Or, was it decided amongst those actually building it and I just missed it all?  

olbuzzard

« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2004, 11:47:39 pm »
Quote:

Not a complaint by any means, but what happened to the saucer, in those last pictures? I thought the saucer was the majority of the ship....  

Actually IMHO ..  I would kind a like to see the best of both worlds...  AZEL has some good ideas on the textures, and the saucer ..  but if it were larger that would be cool too !!  AS for the rest ..  I think some where between what is now called the "pancake"  ...  meaning a more "flattened out design" and the idea suggested also by AZE  would give the best results.

just my 2 cents worth.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2004, 02:13:50 am »
I personally liked Rykers better.This other one,perhaps a varient? Or another ship all together ? My $.02
-MP  

Azel

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2004, 08:50:27 am »
Wow mate thats sweet!!!
Great job so far!!!
I would tend to agree though that the ship(and I am criticing myself as well here) should be flatter
I say about 15%...but that is my first assesment....
I would like if you are capible, so show us a top and bottom veiw
and on perspective(that way I can evaluate the nacelle pylons better)
thanks
As for the nacelles themselves...I would go with what I or Ol'buzzard has done
the Nacelle to me appears to be Very TOS/Galaxy...that's why I had went that route
But still astounding work my friend
Glad to see this post not die off

We will await your update with much enthusiasim  

olbuzzard

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2004, 09:04:20 am »
Quote:

the ship(and I am criticing myself as well here) should be flatter
I say about 15%...but that is my first assesment....
Glad to see this post not die off

We will await your update with much enthusiasim  

AGREED on all points including the larger saucer section !!!  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 09:14:27 am by olbuzzard »

Reverend

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2004, 12:37:28 pm »
Yeah, Ol' Buzzard's bussard's (ha) were perfect.... either way, they're both marvelous designs-  

olbuzzard

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2004, 01:24:02 pm »
Quote:

Yeah, Ol' Buzzard's bussard's (ha) were perfect.... either way, they're both marvelous designs-  

Thanks dude !!  although it's really Azels work  ...  i just did a little paint job !!

thanks just the same !

Azel

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2004, 01:34:35 pm »

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks dude !! although it's really Azels work ... i just did a little paint job !!

thanks just the same !

Todd587

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2004, 03:14:50 pm »
Nice, thanks for that OlBuzzard!  Glad you guys like my model  

Heres a few other views. I flattened the saucer some too At first I didn't like it like that, but I messed with the deflector some and decided it was cool.  I have a hard time getting it to look good in perspective for some reason...I gues since it's such a strange shape.  

The pics are big, so I'll just link to them.

http://www.midwestlp.com/todd/enterpriseJ2.jpg

http://www.midwestlp.com/todd/enterpriseJ3.jpg

I haven't worked on the nacelles yet, obviously.  I'm still not sure what the side of the bussard should look like. I haven't really thought about it much, though.   Haha sorry, I don't mean to use this thread as a WIP thread   Maybe I'll start my own WIP thread. We'll see.

-Todd  

Azel

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2004, 05:39:25 pm »

Quote:

Nice, thanks for that OlBuzzard! Glad you guys like my model  

Heres a few other views. I flattened the saucer some too  At first I didn't like it like that, but I messed with the deflector some and decided it was cool. I have a hard time getting it to look good in perspective for some reason...I gues since it's such a strange shape.

The pics are big, so I'll just link to them.

http://www.midwestlp.com/todd/enterpriseJ2.jpg

http://www.midwestlp.com/todd/enterpriseJ3.jpg

I haven't worked on the nacelles yet, obviously. I'm still not sure what the side of the bussard should look like. I haven't really thought about it much, though. Haha sorry, I don't mean to use this thread as a WIP thread  Maybe I'll start my own WIP thread. We'll see.

MAN THESE ARE GREAT!!!!
I really like them
I would make the saucer larger(length and width 15-25%)
Then i'd say that you have got those proportions down to a " T "
you can stay on this thread(If you like) as it suits the thread

Beautiful work my friend

olbuzzard

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2004, 06:56:16 pm »
 I agree with Azel...  the saucer needs to be larger.

Good job bud..  keep up the efforts.

Reverend

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2004, 07:17:13 pm »
I too... the saucer could be a good deal larger, in my humble opinion,....but, otherwise, man, she is STRAIGHT!!!!!
Good work, very good work-    

Azel

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2004, 08:38:59 pm »
LOOKY What I found
I had started this ship Weeeeks ago...and totally forgot her...then today I was looking through my stuff and was like "Holy crap!! I forgot all about this!!!"
So here's my crappy mesh

BTW Thank Tus for the Renders and Mesh clean up :

« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 08:48:16 pm by Azel »

olbuzzard

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2004, 08:54:59 pm »
cant wait to see the textured finish !

Azel

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2004, 09:06:13 pm »

Quote:

thanks mate...but most likely she woun't be textured...As my texturing skills are crap
...besides we've got like 3 or for versions out there to come    

olbuzzard

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2004, 09:09:47 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

thanks mate...but most likely she woun't be textured...As my texturing skills are crap

heheh  ...  cool !!!   Bring 'em on !!!

Azel

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2004, 01:57:40 pm »

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

heheh ... cool !!! Bring 'em on !!!

I am waiting like every one else  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2004, 01:38:35 pm »
Two weeks later...

Bump....

Wahts the story on this beast, eh big fella?

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2004, 12:50:33 pm »
ANY update on this at all???????????

I see it slipped to page 2 without as much as a peep!!!  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2004, 01:18:55 am »
PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSE!! Any sort of update on this at all??!?!!?!?!??!?!?

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2004, 04:29:19 am »
PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSE!! Any sort of update on this at all??!?!!?!?!??!?!?

olbuzzard

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2004, 07:27:40 am »
Quote:

hmmmm   I must agree with a previous bump ...   etc ...  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2004, 07:38:53 am »
I think Futurama Guy is gonna have a stroke if he doesn't get an update soon    

olbuzzard

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2004, 07:45:58 am »
Quote:

I think Futurama Guy is gonna have a stroke if he doesn't get an update soon    

Todd587

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2004, 03:39:15 pm »
Not gonna get any updates from me, if it's my version that you want updates of I never really planned to take it any further.  I actually recently considered it, but I wouldn't call it the Enterprise J...I'd probably change the saucer and call it a Sovereign sister ship.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2004, 04:11:13 pm »
Quote:

Not gonna get any updates from me, if it's my version that you want updates of I never really planned to take it any further.  I actually recently considered it, but I wouldn't call it the Enterprise J...I'd probably change the saucer and call it a Sovereign sister ship.    

Then go for it sir,we can never have too many ships for this game.Very nice work indeed.  Any chance of you releasing those 2 fed shuttles for SFC?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 09:04:10 pm by ModelsPlease »