Topic: U.s.s. Enterprise J  (Read 9820 times)

Croesus

U.s.s. Enterprise J
« on: March 05, 2004, 08:34:55 am »
hello everyone!

Im really new here, ive been playing SFC 3 since the start and i think ive just learned the basics of using 3d studio max...

what im asking is could someone make a concept of the secondary hull for me?

I saw Enterprise the other night and though it would be a nice "first project"

be gentle

http://www.geocities.com/croesusmod/EnterpriseJ.jpg

p.s. this is my first mesh and I know it needs alot of work, but I think ive got the shape ok so far    

Dizzy

Re: U.s.s. Enterprise J
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 10:57:24 am »

Can everyone see that pic? I cant ever see the yahoo page jpegs unless I copy the url into the addy bar.

Reverend

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 10:58:30 am »
Well, heck yeah, it looks just like that screen on the show... good work thus far, and welcome! Keep us posted!
Anyone wanting to take a guess at that secondary hull thre? There ws a big thread about that ship just yesterday....  

Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:00:47 am »
Yeah, the shape is ok... but spindly as hell. But you did capture what you saw very well. I think there is more to that ship than meets the eye, mesh wise. It cant possibly be that thin for me to like it in any sense. Stupid spindly trek design imo.

Course, trek just keeps getting more stupid as the episodes meaner onward...

Croesus

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:30:20 am »
thanks for the welcome and the pick post guys lol

u know what I think?

I think the Enterprise J is a rip of, of the NX-01... when u think about it, the design lay out is the same, look real close at the display pannel, I think I can see the deflector on the front of the saucer section, like Enterprise. its prob just a big stretched NX-01 lol. If this was the case... maybe it doesnt have a secondary hull? lets face it the saucer section is massive. I'm gona try a few designs and see which one is best.

when they look out of the window at the battle in the Enterprise episode u can also see the underside of the saucer section... I think  

the necelles look alittle bit norway class to me?

what do ya think?  

Azel

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:37:43 am »

Quote:

hello everyone!

Im really new here, ive been playing SFC 3 since the start and i think ive just learned the basics of using 3d studio max...

what im asking is could someone make a concept of the secondary hull for me?

I saw Enterprise the other night and though it would be a nice "first project"

be gentle

http://www.geocities.com/croesusmod/EnterpriseJ.jpg

p.s. this is my first mesh and I know it needs alot of work, but I think ive got the shape ok so far  

LOL this is great!!!
I was planning to tackle a schematic this weekend( you beat me to it )
If you can wait a day I'll post it here for you...That is if you would have me...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:39:31 am by Azel »

Croesus

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 12:06:00 pm »
u r most welcome my friend, just stick up what ya got and ill take a look...

in the mean time ive made a few updates, thats all for tonight

the necelle is P81's, its just an example or how it should look  

enjoy

InragedSith

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 03:23:23 pm »
The ship is looking good

This may help out abit

Croesus

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 03:28:21 pm »
yes! brill

thank u, that helps alot, its hard to find a bit when either one of them aint standing infront of the pannel  

Tal'Shiar Agent 1313

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 04:47:18 pm »
Sweet looking ship man.  Got a feeling that this is gonna look great!!!

Just as an off note, how many others thought the Enterprise-J looked like the Charleston Class that Lord Bile did a long time ago??

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 05:00:45 pm »
What hapenned to F, G, H and I? Is this supposed to be a ship from the future?

Croesus

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 05:13:13 pm »
Yup, The Enterprise J was in the latest episode of "Enterprise"... well technically it was although we didnt see any CGI shots

but thats B'n'B for ya  

Azel

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 05:20:08 pm »

Quote:

u r most welcome my friend, just stick up what ya got and ill take a look...

in the mean time ive made a few updates, thats all for tonight

the necelle is P81's, its just an example or how it should look

Ok great!!!
Then I am in

Unfortunately I cannot see your pics mate

Quote:

Yes this is a canon ship from the future....( from the ST: Enterprise ep. "Azati Prime" )
And as for the Enterprise F-I  leave them to me
I designed the 1701-F aka the Soulwolf-class of 2 years ago...An I am always looking to design a New Enterprise

MarianoDT

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 05:31:58 pm »
Quote:

Will the UFP keep the two-nacelle+saucer type of ships for ever????
After hundreds of yeas of advance in technology, they keep using a ENT-era desing.....very dissapointing.  

Azel

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 05:43:29 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hundreds of yeas of advance in technology, they keep using a ENT-era desing.....very dissapointing.  

Nah man...It could just be cormemorative to the Name
C'mon she is the Enterprise after all.
Besides we do know that in the future the designs do get much more radical...Like the Relativity  

MarianoDT

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 05:52:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Besides we do know that in the future the designs do get much more radical...Like the Relativity  

Hmmmmm, it could be.
I never though about it that way. After all we´ve already seen the Wells class wich is very "futuristic"
And a totally new desing will have to fight against a LOT of die hard fans that will dislike the new look.
I guess it wouldn´t be Trek without nacelles as it would´t be SW without the ridiculous light-sword.

Azel

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2004, 08:32:26 pm »

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmm, it could be.
I never though about it that way. After all we´ve already seen the Wells class wich is very "futuristic"
And a totally new desing will have to fight against a LOT of die hard fans that will dislike the new look.
I guess it wouldn´t be Trek without nacelles as it would´t be SW without the ridiculous light-sword.

Exactly...It was just a thought...besides, the who knows, the Ent F-I could have had a few "wild cards" in there  

Reverend

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 12:23:16 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmm, it could be.

Exactly...It was just a thought...besides, the who knows, the Ent F-I could have had a few "wild cards" in there    

Amen to that, Atolm... Croesus, I really like that mesh a lot... if you do add anything to it, you could try to make it pretty subtle; like a funky little bitty secondary hull, so that it wouldn't be visible from tha angle...
does that make any sense? Just a suggestion, or an idea...:)
Either way, great work- keep it coming  

Capt_Spade

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2004, 03:10:14 am »
Well, I would like to comment on it but the page just comes up as "page not avalible".  

ganymad

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 03:45:56 am »
i havent seen the mesh (broken link) but from the reactions i suppose its quit good  
but actually i dont like the design of the new ship. everything (exept the saucer) is too thin!
and it looks too big.st ships have always been pretty big but that ship looks like it breaks the 1km barrier.
id love to see a design in the range of 400 to 500m. and a bit more beefy.
and hey - they are at war at that time - everything looks so uber-clean.
well - we`ll get used to it like we got used to the excelsior or the galaxy.we`ll see.
but im glad they did try to design something new even if it follows the conventional style.

but i think when it comes to ship design they did much better when they designed the saber ,norway,akira and the steamrunner.

greatings,

ed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by ganymad »