Topic: U.s.s. Enterprise J  (Read 9824 times)

Croesus

Re: U.s.s. Enterprise J
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 05:06:10 am »
hmmm I was having a brain storm and I was thinking of a mix between... (hopes this is right) insignia class secondary hull and the sovereign....

that was just a thought, I was judging from the other ships we saw, the prometheus doesnt have a large distinctive secondary hull, more like a bit of the ship that the necelles are attacked to, also the dauntless (wtf was that all about) that doesnt have a big secondary hull, we should also assume the deflector dish is on the front of the saucer like enterprise Nx01.

Azels design then the sov/insignia

one more thing I just noticed. It looks like Enterprise J doesnt have a quantum torpedo turret like the latest ships, I got that idea because when Archer and the other guy r looking out of the window it looks like they are looking across the bottom or the saucer section and u can see it has a sort of sensor dome on it.... well I think so anyways lol  

ill add some detail a little later today

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2004, 06:06:20 am »
Does anyone think that Enterprise is going a little over the top with all the time travel and crossing of timelines and mixed up plots etc?

DestinyCalling

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 06:16:41 am »
Quote:

Does anyone think that Enterprise is going a little over the top with all the time travel and crossing of timelines and mixed up plots etc?  

Everyone does.... I think !!!!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by DestinyCalling »

ganymad

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2004, 06:22:24 am »
they definatly did/do! when i watched the pilot of enterprise i thought that the temporal cold war could become very interesting and could open new storylines. but i also thought that the could spoil the whole thing with it. i was hoping they would write scripts wich would be more intelligent and more constant to the former shows. but unfortunatly the worst case happend. i dont see enterprise as a part of star trek i see it as an independent sci fi series based on star trek.
sometimes the show is good, sometimes its not - damn i hope they wont let archer be captured again and again and again....

space...the final frontier
starship enterprise,the first  the name to bear...
wich traveld so far from here to there,
 just to find out that there is nothing there,
nothing there  but chronical madness
archer finds himself so restless,
ship alone in alternative space,
hunted by a hostile race,
ship blows up - see it again?
season ended - upn

just my 2cents.

i hope my english isnt too bad - ive never tryd to make a poem  

Croesus

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2004, 06:52:30 am »
yeah, when ya think about it, what ever happened to the "temporal prime directive" ? not tampering with the timeline... that guy taking archer to the enterprise J and telling him all about whats going to happen?

hmmm I dunno its all confuzing when ya try and think about it so my advice is... dont  

heres some updates, ive remade the saucer, added details in some places... added a saber class like secondary hull and fixed the saucer deflector dish area

CDEDS

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2004, 07:14:50 am »
Great model Croesus.........but dear God of all things good! That can't be the next future Enterprise! Do they just not care anymore over there? Are they designing blind?

I hate what Trek has become.

DestinyCalling

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2004, 07:32:19 am »
Yeah, makes you wonder WHAT they are doing..... But as John Connor told Reese as a message for his mother "The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make".......

Which has nothing to do with this really.......

That said, not all ridiculous designs get made.... Tri-Nacelle Enterprise-D anyone????

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by DestinyCalling »

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2004, 09:26:41 am »
Quote:

yeah, when ya think about it, what ever happened to the "temporal prime directive" ? not tampering with the timeline... that guy taking archer to the enterprise J and telling him all about whats going to happen?

There is much more to it than that....

Azel

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2004, 12:37:59 pm »

Well I guess its alittle late but here's my take:

Top:

Ventral:

Sketch of the direction I am going for the Side:

DestinyCalling

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2004, 12:43:42 pm »
That looks good.... I'm not a big fan of TNG/Post TNG designs but I DO like that.. Lets hope that Paramount's idea is as good as yours.  

Here's a thought though... If this IS what they ended up with (or something similar) then the least the can do is accept the "Loknar" as canon design.... It seems to be a fairly common form these days....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 12:47:10 pm by DestinyCalling »

Croesus

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2004, 01:12:45 pm »
wow, Azel thats amazing...

screw that other deisgn im using urz  

amazing, thanks alot that makes this so much easier

Azel

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2004, 02:18:10 pm »

Quote:

That looks good.... I'm not a big fan of TNG/Post TNG designs but I DO like that.. Lets hope that Paramount's idea is as good as yours.

Here's a thought though... If this IS what they ended up with (or something similar) then the least the can do is accept the "Loknar" as canon design.... It seems to be a fairly common form these days....

Thanks...and yeah I can see the Loknar...and the Perimeter Action ship Akyazi also as canon

Quote:

wow, Azel thats amazing...

screw that other deisgn im using urz

amazing, thanks alot that makes this so much easier

Wow thank you sir
Just happy to lend a hand

Azel

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2004, 07:43:52 am »
Like to still have this on page one somewhere

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2004, 12:14:08 pm »
That's a pretty good design, Azel. The ship looks like it should be from the late 24th century or early 25th century though. I guess that just goes to show that it it ain't broke, don't fix it  

Redragon

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2004, 01:37:41 pm »
WoW, I like that...maybe I can convince Dolph to let me make it.

Azel

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2004, 01:46:08 pm »
Thanks Guys!!!

hey Redragon, who's Dolph???  

olbuzzard

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2004, 02:03:13 pm »
Quote:

Well I guess its alittle late but here's my take:

Top:

Ventral:

Sketch of the direction I am going for the Side:

AZEL  ...  I love your work bud.  Frankly Paramount should be so lucky to have someone with the care that you have in your designs.   IMHO the saucer section is the best.  Your top view looks great.  I just got the impression that from the front view that the ship looks more like a glirified view of the current model being used in the studio.  The pylons attaching the nacelles to the secondary hull apear to be less than sleek....  more square as someone else indicated in a pict of the moded Intrepid.

If your concepts were used .....  the nacelles would be more swept back..   sleek  ( as does yours).  This would be a much better ...  and MORE consistant presentation.

kudos to you bud  ...   excellent work as always !!  

Azel

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2004, 02:17:36 pm »

Quote:

AZEL ... I love your work bud. Frankly Paramount should be so lucky to have someone with the care that you have in your designs. IMHO the saucer section is the best. Your top view looks great. I just got the impression that from the front view that the ship looks more like a glirified view of the current model being used in the studio. The pylons attaching the nacelles to the secondary hull apear to be less than sleek.... more square as someone else indicated in a pict of the moded Intrepid.

If your concepts were used ..... the nacelles would be more swept back.. sleek ( as does yours). This would be a much better ... and MORE consistant presentation.

kudos to you bud ... excellent work as always !!

THANK YOU SIR!!!

Core

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2004, 04:38:01 pm »
Quote:

Great model Croesus.........but dear God of all things good! That can't be the next future Enterprise! Do they just not care anymore over there? Are they designing blind?

I hate what Trek has become.  

Ok I think that this litel theng like the entier Enterprise univers acures in the mirore univers that is way ther are so meny inconcistencise besides did any one read the wiliam shatner noveles abult the subject like Specter , Dark victory , Priserver ther is a tiny paragraf in one of the books that explanes the situatition we are in like the fact that cocren was abel to remember the litel fact that his first warp flgit was inturapted by the borg and the increesed tempral desruption acoring in the time line

Redragon

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2004, 05:04:44 pm »
Dolphoenix is the guy who tells me to make the models that I make and the person I scream at when I'm frustrated :P (Hes team lead of Star Trek: Homeworld) I'll probably end up making this beast sometime or another with all the Enterprise ships I'm making now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:05:20 pm by Redragon »