Topic: U.s.s. Enterprise J  (Read 9813 times)

Azel

Re: U.s.s. Enterprise J
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2004, 06:56:07 pm »

Quote:

Dolphoenix is the guy who tells me to make the models that I make and the person I scream at when I'm frustrated :P (Hes team lead of Star Trek: Homeworld) I'll probably end up making this beast sometime or another with all the Enterprise ships I'm making now.  

So you cannot just model a ship...or would that be in breach of a contract
Actually nevermind
I think I understand

Teeth_03

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2004, 07:23:03 pm »
Paramounts just lazy...

They make a holograghic model of a ship,with they know will interest people,then ppl make it,and they use ur design,its ingenius,MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nice ship BTW

Redragon

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2004, 07:41:08 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Dolphoenix is the guy who tells me to make the models that I make and the person I scream at when I'm frustrated :P (Hes team lead of Star Trek: Homeworld) I'll probably end up making this beast sometime or another with all the Enterprise ships I'm making now.  

So you cannot just model a ship...or would that be in breach of a contract
Actually nevermind
I think I understand

Ohhh pfft, I've done it many times, mostly for DD or something, made Jupiter Station.... a few bridges for BC, anything that will piss him off, I'll make .

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2004, 08:10:44 pm »
I dont like it, not the model, just Paramounts design for the Enterprise.  It is so odd looking.  I mean, when they created the Enterprise-C, they put effort into it.  They based her off the Excelsior and the Galaxy to at least attempt to show that she is inbetween.  But considering the Sovereign Class is the newest seen so far, and this 1701-J is so far in the future, where did they get that design?  It doesnt resemble anything seen before, and i'm tired of new things.  New things scare me,  

Croesus

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2004, 05:16:23 am »
Hey guys

almost have an update, I have the saucer finished and the necelle pylons, at the moment im learning spline caging so I can work on the necelles and secondary hull. I can only work on the ship on my days off (Tuesdays and Weekends) coz I have college/ work and a social life

I'll post alittle somethin tomorrow  

im using Azels drawings as my backgrounds in 3d studio max 3 so the ship will look exactly like the drawning  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2004, 05:26:55 am »
Quote:

Quote:

AZEL ... I love your work bud. Frankly Paramount should be so lucky to have someone with the care that you have in your designs. IMHO the saucer section is the best. Your top view looks great. I just got the impression that from the front view that the ship looks more like a glirified view of the current model being used in the studio. The pylons attaching the nacelles to the secondary hull apear to be less than sleek.... more square as someone else indicated in a pict of the moded Intrepid.

If your concepts were used ..... the nacelles would be more swept back.. sleek ( as does yours). This would be a much better ... and MORE consistant presentation.

kudos to you bud ... excellent work as always !!

THANK YOU SIR!!!

There's an Idea,let's petition Paramount to use Azels ships.Hey it can't hurt,and stranger things have happened, IE : we have actors and wrestlers running the country.
I say go for it  
-MP  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2004, 10:55:19 am »
Ehhh...might as well bump this one up too...  

Core

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2004, 11:23:12 am »
whell i did a side view of the baby    here it is  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 01:08:36 pm by Core »

Core

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2004, 12:39:26 pm »
yey it works it works  

aaa sory  got cout in the moment o more geo cities yey

red_green

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2004, 12:54:12 pm »
Am i the only one who cant see the pic in the initial post. It goes to Yahoo and says page cant be displayed?  I wonder what I am missing.

Hawkmoon

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2004, 01:11:18 pm »
lol so far ive been able to see 1 picture of it.
the first link is dead
then we get a wholelot that just are nice red x's and then we have a row wich said out of bandwidth and now they say account no setup or something.
till we get to Azels schematics i dont see any pictures  

Core

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2004, 01:11:52 pm »
ok what exakly are we talking abult here?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 01:14:14 pm by Core »

red_green

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2004, 03:35:15 pm »
Quote:

Paramounts just lazy...

They make a holograghic model of a ship,with they know will interest people,then ppl make it,and they use ur design,its ingenius,MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nice ship BTW  

Nice design AZel, just found the pics.  Yea Teeth that probably is the truth. Why should paramount  have to design when then can just check out the forum-find a cool ship, then alter it slightly and change the name and they have the Enterprise-Z.  You know,  isnt it odd that most ships only get one  incarnation, but they are using the entire alphabet on the big E. Even though it no longer even resembles the original.   I believe there are occurances of this in the history of the navy. Where a name gets used again, but I dont think they add a letter after it.  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2004, 04:48:16 pm »
Quote:

I believe there are occurances of this in the history of the navy. Where a name gets used again, but I dont think they add a letter after it.

It just so happens that Enterprise is one of those names  

Azel

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2004, 04:56:57 pm »

Quote:

There's an Idea,let's petition Paramount to use Azels ships.Hey it can't hurt,and stranger things have happened, IE : we have actors and wrestlers running the country.
I say go for it  
-MP

Thanks  

Ryker

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »
Found this post on the Dominion Wars forums:-

http://www.domwars.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3398

And this image of an early model thats been done:-

Saw it there, and thought of this thread  

Azel

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2004, 06:00:01 pm »
Nice Job
thats a great Idea on what the ship could have looked like

I tell you what... for a ship that has been briefly shown, and not liked...I have seen 3
versions already    

Captain Pierce

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2004, 07:36:29 pm »
First off, for GeoCities pictures, copy the URL into a new browser, and then go into said URL and delete the "http://" bit, so it's just "www.geocities/whatever/whatever.jpg".

Secondly, there are some great ideas for this ship floating around in this thread, but here's something that I'm not sure folks are taking into consideration.  This was originally posted by Viper/VR in the "Start Your Speculation" thread that's currently on Page 5...  

Now, admittedly I've not yet seen the episode, but this looks to me like they're looking through an actual window (possibly borrowed from Sisko's office on DS9 ) at a battle going on behind the Ent-J.  This would seem to indicate that the long structure on the top is the "tail" of the insect, as it were, the long bit that leads back to what are presumably the nacelle struts.  (There seems to be something like a TMP-era "impulse crystal" toward the back, which is what makes me think that).  While I first thought that the Ent-J might have an Akira-ish "secondary hull" much like the one in the pic that Ryker posted, this pic is making me think that there isn't, that the bottom of the "tail" only goes, say, halfway down the back of the saucer.  With no disrespect intended to anybody who's done any of the versions so far, I don't think any of them quite take this bit into account.  Baased on the fact that there's a door just down the corridor from this window, on the "space" side of the wall ( ), I would venture the guess that this might be some sort of "observation deck" between a shuttlebay or two (that might perhaps bulge out somehow)...

Of course, I could be totally wrong on this...    If the episode ever downloads, I might be able to tell...    

olbuzzard

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2004, 09:52:03 pm »
Quote:

Not bad ...  but I still dont like the "pan cake" idea...  maybe if we took Azels idea  ( probable textures) ...  give the ship a little more depth ...  NOW THAT  has som possibilities.

I like the idea of sharing the two togeather and possibly petition Paramount.  Heck ...  they did not come up with the idea of the FIRST Enterprise !!!

Reverend

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2004, 10:54:12 pm »
Quote:

Hmmm.. I rather like this design... any idea of this mesh's status?