Topic: Excalibur Retexture WIP  (Read 8395 times)

Captain Ron

Excalibur Retexture WIP
« on: March 15, 2004, 09:44:35 pm »
Well here is the last of the Federation Fleet I was working on, then it is off to the Romulans for some work. It will be a bit before any of the Romulans get released as I will have to Learn what works and doesn't for them and that takes a while to do. So with out anymore delays here is the WIP of the last of the Federation ships I am working on, the Excalibur.

This is the Dreadnaught version I will also release a Heavy Cruiser version as well

-enjoy!

Azel

Re: Excalibur Retexture WIP
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 10:05:29 pm »
Thats HOT!!!!
I look foward to more shots
Capt...You are Damned GOOD!!!  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 04:27:53 am »
WOW I almost fell outta my chair !!!!!! Most outstanding.This ones a keeper for dang sure.Looking forward to this release Captain Ron sir !!!!

-MP  

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 05:06:04 am »
Aye 'tis cool, but 'tis no dreadnought ye got there boy. LOL Seriosuly though, there is a proper dreadnought version by Nightstorm called the Justice class, it was on Eras of War which should mean it'd be available on the SFU database. It has a torpedo pod and 2 nacelles coming out of the top of the saucer.

starforce2

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 05:33:43 am »
one think I hated about these style ships with the sh*t  nacelles...well, that's no  longer a problem. heh.

Kaenyne

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 08:09:14 am »
Yes, I am most interested in this retexture.

You're doing a fine job, Captain.

Already she's a vast improvement over the stock Excalibur.

Captain Ron

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 09:29:58 am »
Quote:

Aye 'tis cool, but 'tis no dreadnought ye got there boy. LOL Seriosuly though, there is a proper dreadnought version by Nightstorm called the Justice class, it was on Eras of War which should mean it'd be available on the SFU database. It has a torpedo pod and 2 nacelles coming out of the top of the saucer.  

Nope could not find any model fitting that discription, you have a link or the actual model?

Rhaz

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 09:30:55 am »
Very cool! I'll be keping an eye out for this one!

Chrystoff

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 10:31:14 am »
Wow! Are the phasers in banks of 4 instead of banks of 2? Gosh, thats a lot of phasers...

Marauth

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 11:50:16 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Nope could not find any model fitting that discription, you have a link or the actual model?  

Aye, I got me the model itself on me HD, Eras of War has been down for ages and I don't know if the model is still hosted anywhere but I'll zip it up and send it to ya if ye give an email addy.

Captain Ron

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 04:42:56 pm »
It isn't the Odyssey class Alternate Configuration is it in a fod.zip?

If so I have it, it was released as a BB by Pneumonic81. That was the one I was redoing as a Excelsior styled texture and dropped it, was not coming out right.

Marauth

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 12:20:04 am »
Quote:

It isn't the Odyssey class Alternate Configuration is it in a fod.zip?

If so I have it, it was released as a BB by Pneumonic81. That was the one I was redoing as a Excelsior styled texture and dropped it, was not coming out right.  

No.

LOL, seriously it's an Excalibur variant by Nightstorm, I've sent the .MOD files and the extra textures for the torpedo pod to your email.

Captain Ron

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 01:36:04 am »
Cool I will check that soon then.

And here is the WIP2 picture.

You can see the Bridge Deflector system clearly now and the forward spot light that will light the registry. The Engine support Pylons are done as well as the weapons pod on the rear.  

starforce2

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 02:06:21 am »
lookin great.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 02:55:42 am »
Stunning sir !!!!

-MP  

Captain Ron

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 09:36:23 am »
Got the files and it does look more like a Battleship than a Dreadnaught. Since the only additional texture is the torpedo pod I think I can squeeze this one in as well and have three releases.

Captain Ron

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 03:27:13 pm »
Guess I might have to see about updating the Don Rosa as well, considering it uses the same textures for the engines and pylons.

Kaenyne

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 03:46:24 pm »
Don Rosa?

Gotta pic?

Captain Ron

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 05:11:33 pm »
It was the first ship I ever uploaded and the textures are really showing there age.

Captain Ron

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2004, 03:07:28 am »
And Backi on page 6 where I don'tthink this ship should be, I have started to detail the lower hull (no Pics yet). I also started to do the Mackies Spade Class for SF2.