Topic: Vote for the Titan  (Read 5082 times)

ModelsPlease

Vote for the Titan
« on: March 26, 2004, 03:20:50 pm »
Hello all ModelsPlease here with a post for all to enjoy.Now recently people here in the Forum have been discussing the Titan.WZ and Azel have one that kicks azz,but,according to the powers that be the Titan is a Sovereign class ship.
Booooooorrrrrrring.So I thought I would start a poll.As of now I have found a few ships claiming to be the Titan so.......in all fairness I say lets vote on it.  

Vote for the Titan

1)   Wicked Zombie/Azel

2)   Excelsior Class B refit

3)     USS Ares

4)    USS Titan

5)      Heavy Strike Cruiser Titan Class

Enjoy !!!! and may the best ship win !
-MP

ModelsPlease

Re: Vote for the Titan
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 03:39:12 pm »
Hey folks do me a favor and bump this post after you vote so it stays on page one where everyone can see it.Thank you all in advance and may the best ship win.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 03:44:25 pm »
Bumpin' as per request and just to say that I think anyone who wants to model a ship and call her "Titan" is perfectly fine with me.

I love alternate takes anyway and the more the merrier!

If I vote, it's for which Titan should be modeled next!  WickedZombie's and Azel's version is done, so that leaves her out...

The Excelsior B is  out there too, I think, albeit with a different namesake,

and same goes to the Prometheus Class there, as a Prometheus of course.

So that leaves two...cast your votes for the next Titan!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 03:48:11 pm »
Quote:

Bumpin' as per request and just to say that I think anyone who wants to model a ship and call her "Titan" is perfectly fine with me.

Ilove alternate takes anyway and the more the merrier!

If I vote, it's for which Titan should be modeled next!  WickedZombie's and Azel's version is done, so that leaves her out...  

I agree completely but I didn't want to leave out their amazing work.If I had set the poll without including it I'm sure I would have gotten post asking about why the ship wasn't here.
-MP  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 03:55:51 pm »
Quote:

I love alternate takes anyway and the more the merrier!

The Excelsior B is  out there too, I think, albeit with a different namesake,
 Not this one

and same goes to the Prometheus Class there, as a Prometheus of course.
 Though it look's it.It's not a Prometheus class

So that leaves two...cast your votes for the next Titan!

Actually it leaves 4 sir,only WZ/Azel has been modeled  

InragedSith

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 04:46:15 pm »
Quote:

Hello all ModelsPlease here with a post for all to enjoy.Now recently people here in the Forum have been discussing the Titan.WZ and Azel have one that kicks azz,but,according to the powers that be the Titan is a Sovereign class ship.

Where did B&B or Paramount say that Rikers new ship is Soveriegn?

Quote:

Booooooorrrrrrring.So I thought I would start a poll.As of now I have found a few ships claiming to be the Titan so.......in all fairness I say lets vote on it.  

So this is a poll to see what we think Rikers ship should be?

Technically Riker should have been court martialed after the E-D was destroyed but since this is starfleet (the same people who made Janeway an Admiral) Rikers ship could be anything

DarkScream

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 05:58:17 pm »
Um why should riker have been courtmartialed after the Enterprise D was destroyed?? I was not aware that he did anything wrong....except get his ass kicked.  

Smiley

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 06:02:21 pm »
Isn't there a rule that says everytime the ship you are in command of gets totalled you get court martialled? lol it happened to Picard with the Constellation.....

InragedSith

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 07:17:26 pm »
Quote:

Um why should riker have been courtmartialed after the Enterprise D was destroyed?? I was not aware that he did anything wrong....except get his ass kicked.    

Did Riker try to change shield modulation?

No he didn't

Did Riker fight back?

Just one phaser shot at the begining and the torp at the end

The GCS out guns the BoP a hand full of torps and a few phaser strikes would have ended the battle quickly and the E-D would survive

Also Riker had or allowed Georidi to return to duty

Geordi has been on an enemy ship for quite a while he may have been brainwashed for all they know

During the battle Riker postioned the Enterprise in such a postition that the warp naccelles and impulse drives were exposed to enemy fire and the main phasers nolonger had the ability to fire on the enemy vessel

Finally the fact that Riker lost the seven year old state of the art Federation flagship to a twenty year old obsolite BoP  

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 07:27:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

No he didn't

Did Riker fight back?

The GCS out guns the BoP a hand full of torps and a few phaser strikes would have ended the battle quickly and the E-D would survive

Geordi has been on an enemy ship for quite a while he may have been brainwashed for all they know

During the battle Riker postioned the Enterprise in such a postition that the warp naccelles and impulse drives were exposed to enemy fire and the main phasers nolonger had the ability to fire on the enemy vessel

Finally the fact that Riker lost the seven year old state of the art Federation flagship to a twenty year old obsolite BoP  

OK, new poll:

Should Riker even be eligible to captain anything more sophisicated than a garbage scow?
Yes
No

Smiley

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 07:30:53 pm »
Perhaps on evaluation of his command skills during this battle we have an example that he is not yet ready to command a starship? lol

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 09:35:52 pm »
I hate it when Riker gets trashed.

The main reason is B&B.  They wanted the Enterprise-D destroyed somehow, ever since the series finale of TNG.  So, make Riker look dumb in command...

Realistically... With his academy experience, battles like the wargame in "Peak Performance" (TNG) when his garbage scow of a Constellation-class Starship called Hathaway nearly totaled the Enterprise-D (They had sustained, in that wargame, damages in the rear-dorsal and rear-ventral areas of the ship, heavily in the stardrive section/secondary hull.  The repair time would be 3.6 days), or how about when he captured Locutus and put Data to work on destroying that Borg Cube in "The Best of Both Worlds" (TNG)?  How about when he got those Sona ships off his back and engaged Ruafo's ship?  And everyone has bad days.  Out of all that versus his bad experience created by Rick Berman, I'd happily give him a vessel.  He'd pass a court martial!  And besides, he wouldn't be easily found guilty of being a bad Starfleet officer and force him to resign, etc.  That's arrogance from all of you speaking (no offense).  So I'd happily give him the captain's chair of a Starship.  And before it was offered to him three or four times before he took command of the Titan! *sigh* Geez.  What a way for myself to return to this forum.

As for my choice of what the Titan should be... I voted for the Excelsior-B.  But truely I'd have it as another Galaxy or Sovereign-class.  Starfleet isn't about a thousand classes of a thousand explorative ships that look cool.  If it's a good ship then go with the flow.  But the Excelsior-B can be a good option, choosing to renew the class in a way to help bring back the glory of the line of past Excelsior-class Starships (one of the few canonical--or otherwise--TMP starships in existance, rivaled by the Constitution-class refit) as it was a good class of starship, and a good, simple, functional design.  It also fits the design lineage of starships around the Sovereign without scrapping slightly-older starships.  I'm sure they scrapped some very old TMP-ish ones like the Miranda-class.  I don't see how you can make newer and newer classes all the time.  What happened to the TNG fleet we see in the 2360s?  Like the Niagra-class or the New Orleans-class, etc?  The Ambassador and Galaxy-themed ships that were more of the modern fleet...

So for me I chose the most practical answer, the Excelsior-B class.   But by beauty... It's a tough for first or second, but WZ/Atolm's Titan is first, then Excelsior-B is second, then the fourth Titan-class is third in my ranking, then the fifth one's my fourth.  The Ares would be last.

But I chose to be as logical as possible in my thinking.  I dunno how it faltered but I have a gut feeling it did. But it made sense to me!

Chris Johnson  

Magnum357

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2004, 11:04:33 pm »
Hey guys, are you sure that B&B wanted too scrap the Ent-D since the TNG series?  Are you sure about that?  Why would they want too?

I agree with a lot of what ChrisJohnson said.  Why does Star Trek always need a thousand different explorer ships all the time, all with radical design differences.  Wouldn't that cost a lot of money too keep experimenting with different designs all the time?  

I voted for the last one (The Strike Crusier), as it it has a lot fo common Galaxy Class Components/Technology that is reconfigured too fit a role for this vessel.  I'm sure that this Strike Cruseir has some heavy firepower and special equipment compared too a Standard Galaxy and would fit well with its border patrol duties near the Neutral Zone or Fed Boarders.  But I think I would change the Secondary hull of the pic though.  It looks like its just a copy of a Excelcior Secondary.

DarkScream

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2004, 11:13:43 pm »
ok this getin way to treky for me lol

ModelsPlease

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2004, 11:26:26 pm »
I personally like the Excelsior B,logically an upgrade for that ship would be in order after almost 100 years of service. A proven design being equiped with the latest technology is always advantagious.Plus with all the losses to the Borg and the Dominion war I think logically ,an upgrade of all the existing classes would be the first order of business.That and replenishing the number of ships in the fleet. As for the GalaxyClass I think it was stupid to have "The whole Family along for the ride." I'm in the Navy and last time I looked ,there were no kids running around on the flight deck of the real Enterprise.

What a recruiting slogan " Join the crew of the USS Enterprise,flag ship of the Federation,encounter the Borg.Fear for your very existance,child care available for 0600-1800 Mon-Fri."

red_green

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 01:05:02 am »
Quote:

Quote:

No he didn't

Did Riker fight back?

I have never seen this episode. So The Ent_D gets done in by a single uncloaked BOP.          
At one time I liked TNG. But I was watching some shows on a marathon and I can't for the life of me figure why I ever liked that show.  ST got so big cause it had little competition in SCI-FI. Now there are half a dozen SCI-FI shows that are better.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 03:01:49 am »
Red_Green sir,it's not a TNG episode,it's the first TNG movie..... Generations .This is also where we get our first look at the Enterprise B.

Star Trek: Generations

-MP  

Smiley

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2004, 07:51:21 am »
Quote:

I hate it when Riker gets trashed.

The main reason is B&B.  They wanted the Enterprise-D destroyed somehow, ever since the series finale of TNG.  So, make Riker look dumb in command...

Realistically... With his academy experience, battles like the wargame in "Peak Performance" (TNG) when his garbage scow of a Constellation-class Starship called Hathaway nearly totaled the Enterprise-D (They had sustained, in that wargame, damages in the rear-dorsal and rear-ventral areas of the ship, heavily in the stardrive section/secondary hull.  The repair time would be 3.6 days), or how about when he captured Locutus and put Data to work on destroying that Borg Cube in "The Best of Both Worlds" (TNG)?  How about when he got those Sona ships off his back and engaged Ruafo's ship?  And everyone has bad days.  Out of all that versus his bad experience created by Rick Berman, I'd happily give him a vessel.  He'd pass a court martial!  And besides, he wouldn't be easily found guilty of being a bad Starfleet officer and force him to resign, etc.  That's arrogance from all of you speaking (no offense).  So I'd happily give him the captain's chair of a Starship.  And before it was offered to him three or four times before he took command of the Titan! *sigh* Geez.  What a way for myself to return to this forum.

As for my choice of what the Titan should be... I voted for the Excelsior-B.  But truely I'd have it as another Galaxy or Sovereign-class.  Starfleet isn't about a thousand classes of a thousand explorative ships that look cool.  If it's a good ship then go with the flow.  But the Excelsior-B can be a good option, choosing to renew the class in a way to help bring back the glory of the line of past Excelsior-class Starships (one of the few canonical--or otherwise--TMP starships in existance, rivaled by the Constitution-class refit) as it was a good class of starship, and a good, simple, functional design.  It also fits the design lineage of starships around the Sovereign without scrapping slightly-older starships.  I'm sure they scrapped some very old TMP-ish ones like the Miranda-class.  I don't see how you can make newer and newer classes all the time.  What happened to the TNG fleet we see in the 2360s?  Like the Niagra-class or the New Orleans-class, etc?  The Ambassador and Galaxy-themed ships that were more of the modern fleet...

So for me I chose the most practical answer, the Excelsior-B class.   But by beauty... It's a tough for first or second, but WZ/Atolm's Titan is first, then Excelsior-B is second, then the fourth Titan-class is third in my ranking, then the fifth one's my fourth.  The Ares would be last.

But I chose to be as logical as possible in my thinking.  I dunno how it faltered but I have a gut feeling it did. But it made sense to me!

Chris Johnson  

Personally I wasn't being too serious about not giving Riker a command, but he probably would have been court martialled though because a ship got destroyed while he was in command of it....or part of it? lol
Just from the way that Picard and Riker talk about the Titan though in Nemesis it sounds a little more special than an old run-of-the-mill Excelsior class (even if it has been upgraded). I'd hope that it was either a Galaxy/Nebula styled class or a Sovereign variant - even an Akira would be nice!

InterMech

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2004, 08:42:26 am »
In reference to what happened to the 2360's ships, New Orleans, Springfield, etc. I think they all got annihilated by the Borg in the Best of both worlds incident. Otherwise, I think Voyager should have been a New Orleans Class.

I personally think it was a mistake for Star Trek to have Federation ships bigger then the Excelsior. That should have been the size limit. After the set the precedence that size = power it got out of hand. I think they finally wised up when they made Voyager smaller (it is still about the same mass at the Excelsior) and also made the Sovereign smaller (it is still longer though). They need to just keep the Galaxy as the biggest ship and then get back to smaller, more powerful ships like the Defiant.

I know it was nice to have a new ship for the movies, but letting a 7 year old ship get destroyed that was supposed to have a hull life of 100 years should bring up some questions, especially considering how it was destroyed and the fact that it was the Federation's flag ship. I am not real keen on the wastefulness of it.  

Magnum357

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 07:14:31 pm »
ModelsPlease and Intermech do bring up some good points.  I always wondered why Star Trek kept getting Bigger and Bigger ships in every new series/Movie.  I really agree with Intermech that the Excelcior Class should have pressed the upper limite of hull sizes (at that time period) and the new Soverign Class presses the limit of ships in the late 24th Century.  Ya, the Soverign Class is longer then a Galaxy, but I think it has a lot less mass then a Galaxy.  This was another thing I gripped about Nemisis, a ship that Massive (and it really looks MASSIVE) should not be able too fly around like a BOP.  Maybe a Crusier at best, but not a ship as small as a BOP (at least the movie made it appear too be that manueverable).  

Going back too the Titan discussion, I never thought about heavily converting existing Excelciors too a new design (much like the Constitutions went though) too capitalize on such a well built design.  But wouldn't it be easier too just build a whole new ship?  I wonder if it would cost more too build a whole new design or just reconstruct an old ship too a new design?

Ya, I suppose this is getting too "Trekkie" but it is fun too speculate.