Topic: Sovereign Class WIP - Final Update  (Read 9885 times)

Rat_Boy

Re: Sovereign Class WIP
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2004, 08:32:14 pm »
Ah, finally found the image that I was looking for.  Take a look at the schematic view:

Now compare it to the schematic images of the FC Sov (top) vs the refitted NEM version (bottom):

RD's version is more like the FC model.  If you wanted to make it more like the NEM version, the nacelles and its pylons need to be brought forward a little and the nacelles need to be raised slightly.  Other than that, the model is a dead ringer for the NEM Sov, including the extra detailing on the hull textures.  Can't wait for the next creation.

Edit: Don't take it as a criticism, RD, just a couple of suggestions.  Like I said, terrific stuff.  The FX guys at Paramount should be green with envy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 08:36:59 pm by Rat_Boy »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2004, 09:06:32 pm »
bump

Any new news on the Sov?  What about that BoP?

Redragon

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2004, 09:18:17 pm »
No news, shes done and being processed by the rest of the team, I sent it to ThomastheCat for him to make his enhancements but other than that, nothing much. Won't be out for a few weeks. I haven't started the BOP yet, gonna take the holidays off to catch up on other commitments.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2004, 09:27:50 pm »
Quote:

No news, shes done and being processed by the rest of the team, I sent it to ThomastheCat for him to make his enhancements but other than that, nothing much.

What sort of enhancements?  The nacelle thing I spotted?  Not that it needs much enhancement at this point.  

Quote:

I haven't started the BOP yet, gonna take the holidays off to catch up on other commitments.  

Given the fact that you've been turning ships out faster than McDonald's churns out Big Macs, you deserve some rest.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2004, 02:35:57 am »
The registry on the end of the narcelle is backwards in your post sir ! Was it corrected ?

-MP  

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2004, 11:57:34 am »
I'm gonna give this page a good bump, not to be impatiant, just to keep this baby alive...

olbuzzard

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2004, 01:22:06 pm »
Quote:

I'm gonna give this page a good bump, not to be impatiant, just to keep this baby alive...  

Yeah...  I agree...  this guy is cool.  He has been working his tail feathers off gettng stuff done.  He's taking a much needed break as I understand it.  Good way to keep 'er going until he is able to do a few last min tweaks ..  

It looks great so far !!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2004, 08:59:56 pm »

bump

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2004, 10:54:17 pm »
Bump...

It seems kinda strange that during the Dominion War, old Excelsior and Miranda class ships were being destroyed everyday while Brand new Battlecruisers like the Enterprise were doing Diplomatic missions.

Core

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2004, 04:51:39 am »
what do you thik whold hapen if one of those soverig got its fethers clipt during oe of the batels the feds didet have a holl lot of thees  ships runing oraund if i can recall it was only tow sovies flying abult the cosmose the original prototipe ad the newes enterprise durig the domiion wars so if they whuld have sent these ships to slug it out with the dominion batelcrusers they probably whuld have lost adn then the core worlds whold be defencles (wait a secod they whore when the bree joined the war) whell they wold have lost the only chanse they had for survival it is like a last resort ofa sitiuation whe you send those ships to balense thengs  

E_Look

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2004, 09:49:44 am »
You sure there were only two??

Marauth

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2004, 10:43:58 am »
We don't know, DS9 never portrayed any because they have this insane fear of ever showing a ship that was called Enterprise (except the Galaxy) there were probably dozens of them, though we're given the impression the Ent-E was the second one built.

Redragon

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2004, 11:08:53 am »
I'm thinking it probably takes very advance shipyards to build these things, shipyards that only exists near the core worlds so by the time the Sovereign is completed and sent to the front lines, the war would probably been over. Plus, it was a good idea to keep these things defending the core of the Federation even during the Dominion War from what we've heard what happened at Betazed and Earth. Then theres First Contact, without a Sovereign Class Earth would have been assimilated.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2004, 11:36:46 am »
True that the core worlds need protection, but then again even in FC there was a mistake.  The Enterprise was ordered to the Neutral Zone.  The only reason they made it was of Picard's knowlage and the fact that he disobayed orders.  In Insurrection though, the Enterprise was never near Earth, she was throwing parties and go to Archeological digs a such.  The Sovereign is the most Advanced ship in Starfleet, besides Prometheus and such, but they should have been at least there to Retake DS9 or at the Battle of Cardassia.

Marauth

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2004, 01:17:09 pm »
That was a licensing problem - if they showed a Sovereign on DS9 then a company that gets a game license for DS9 can use the Enterprise E so no one would buy the TNG license cuz the Galaxy and Nebula + the Cardies and Ferengi and Rommies are already over on DS9. That said there aren't many TNG games in the first place.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2004, 01:36:46 pm »
It had more to do with the fact that Berman doesn't like having ships of the same class as a "hero" ship from another series showing up randomly on another show.  If it was clearly stated that the model was of a different starship, like the Oddessey or the Bellerephon on DS9, that's one thing.  But if it's seen in the background for a few seconds, say a Sov during "Sacrifice of Angels," you would have had 87 internet posts titled "ENTERPRIZE-E IN DOM WAR!" showing up the next day.

That said, B&B eased off on that rule in the later days of DS9 and VOY, hence so many Galaxies during the war and the final episode of VOY.  Interestingly enough, if the Federation held the Sovs back as a last line of defense post-First Contact, wouldn't one of them responded to the appearance of the Borg ship in "Endgame"?  As I noted in my fiction and in the background text I wrote for GaW (which I hope one day will use this and many of Redragon's models), the Sovs are expensive to build and during the war, it made more sense cost-wise to build more of other classes of ships than one or two Sovs.  That's why there wasn't more than say four or five by my reckoning during the time of SFC3.

Edit: Also remember that there weren't more than six to twelve Galaxy-class ships, as well.  If the Sov is meant to replace them, one would think that there would by that many or less.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 03:14:17 pm by Rat_Boy »

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2004, 03:04:37 pm »
Berman seems like the best answer.  That kinda ruins it all though.  It shouldnt matter about rights, timeline and common sence should come in.

Marauth

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2004, 03:39:16 pm »
Timeline!? Common sense!? What are these strange things you speak of - they sound like fell beasts that must be slaughtered by the shinning light of Berman's holy sword of anti-canon!

ROFL impaling Berman seems like the best answer to me.

SovereignEmpire

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2004, 06:31:57 pm »
bump...

ya know, I was lookin at Enterprise pics and noticed that there were some white running lights on the Engines, just above the Ramscoops.  Will you add them to the model?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2004, 04:33:10 am »
If you read my thread on Vote for the Titan,I have the numbers for the total Fed ships before and after the Dominion war,and the type of ships each one was.