Topic: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)  (Read 7898 times)

Rat_Boy

Re: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2004, 04:16:04 pm »
Quoth Frank Barone: Holy Crap!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2004, 04:16:54 pm »
Beyond phenominal sirs!!!! Do you have a modeller for this ship yet ? Somone really needs to bring this ship to life.IMHO I would love to see Wicked Zombie tackle it,he does unreal (and undead ) work

-MP  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 04:19:21 pm by ModelsPlease »

olbuzzard

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 05:13:09 pm »
Hey man  this stuff really rocks...  If  ya dont mind I have a couple of tweaks for the primary hull  (just a few vrey minor proportional things..)

Dude this really rocks !!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Azel

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2004, 05:29:13 pm »
Well I am Glad The design sat well with you guys

Smiley

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2004, 05:35:03 pm »
Gotta love this design, one of my favourite Fed TNGish craft by far    

olbuzzard

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2004, 08:16:01 pm »
AZEL  ....  

here are my suggestions for the tweaks, this might work a little better with the primary hulls proportionate design with the rest of the ship.  Again, your input is both requested ...  and most honored.

thanks

Azel

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 08:18:55 pm »
I like the length Idea(but be careful, I'd hate for the ship to loose her beauty shots, if she has no body...like the sovy)...but I cannot go with the wider saucer...it doesn't rub me right...lol  
oh and re connect that secondary hull to the bottom of the saucer...I put that in purposely
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 08:25:33 pm by Azel »

olbuzzard

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2004, 08:41:07 pm »
all of the lines should be the same...  we lost just a tad of the back end of the primary hull where the nacelles would now extend just enough to block part of the view...   but the lines you created should still be there.  The same is true for the small "break" where we did the Photoshop alteration...  ( just one of those little lines we over looked when making the size corrections.)

Lastly...  i totally agree with the suggestion about the body.  That was one thing we wanted to do was to not reproduce one like the Sovy...  it's ok...  but just not my particular preference.

I hope this makes sense ...  and clarifies everythihg.  BTW.... final analysis ..  we both are in agreement.  I LIKE IT !!

Azel

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2004, 08:46:38 pm »
Cool  

olbuzzard

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2004, 08:53:09 pm »
SUPER !!!!  Now she's ready for the next big step !!!  BTW..  I have really appreciated your help AZEL ...  great team work ...  excellent attitude ....  makes this part of the SFC community fun again !!  I dont mind telling ya that is totally refreshing and deeply appreciated !!

Reverend

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 11:19:11 pm »
bump? any info? great design, great design....  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 03:47:59 am »
Every sketch I see is better than the last on this design WOW.And to think this all started with my simple poll about  Vote for the Titan. (Mental note to self......create more polls  )
You gentlemen have totally smoked this ship !!!!

-MP  

olbuzzard

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2004, 07:35:38 am »
HEHEHE ...  Thanks man .... amazing what a group of guys can do when we put our knogins togeather.  While we are discussing this ...  we might as well look at stuff like here over all size, warp capability, weapons load out ....  etc. I'm at work right now and don't haev access to the web site ....  but someone has done one.  I don't know that I agree entirely with it.  But, IMHO we might as well take a good look at that just in case it might adversly affect the over all model itself.

Personally I do not see the Titan being too much larger than the Sovy ...  if at all.  It would CERTAILY be smaller than a Galaxy class.

MP...  I know you have see the site I'm talking about...  if ya can get those specs and post them ...  it might give us something to review for discussion.

Thanks guys for all of your kind words of encouragement....  and a special thanks to AZEL  "THE Man. the myth .. THE LEGEND !!!!  for all of the work he has contributed to this project !!!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2004, 09:30:54 am »
I placed all the specs for the   Titan side by side with the   Sovereign and   Galaxy classes in another posting to make it more convenient to view.

-MP
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 05:33:13 am by ModelsPlease »

olbuzzard

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2004, 02:02:43 pm »
Thanks bud...  I will review this later on in the evening when we get home.  I have a bass toruney this week end soooo   I'd kind like to have the "specs" done before then.  That might help the modelers do their thing a lilttle easier.   (We may or may NOT utilize those speces ...  but it can give us something for everyone to use as a point of reference.

thanks

Vichama

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2004, 02:57:05 pm »
Very nice.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2004, 04:21:25 pm »
My pleasure.Did you want me to post the specs for a few comparable ships as well that way we can fine tune Titan,if need be?  

olbuzzard

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2004, 05:36:43 pm »
That would be cool.  I will be working another 14 hour day, the way it looks  ( still at work now)...  Get me some specs and picts of the Sovy and Galaxy side by side.

From there I can extrapalate an accurate evaluation that should help keep this with in "TNG Cannon".  The last thing I want is a cheese cake device produced.  Once we get things set up an appropriate guide line in place, individial interpritations on special mods and servers can be changed as they see fit.  But, IMHO we need to at least start with a reasonable foundation.  (At least that is my personal goal ....  )

thanks again bud ...  seriously ..  it will help me with the research side of the development !!!

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2004, 06:17:25 pm »
Very nice design - one of your best I think

Azel

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2004, 06:29:49 pm »

Quote:

Very nice design - one of your best I think  

Thanks mate