Topic: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)  (Read 7904 times)

Azel

USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)
« on: April 08, 2004, 04:32:20 pm »
Hey man Hope you like
She is a Fun ship
Enjoy mates:

olbuzzard

Re: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 05:18:08 pm »
YOU  'DA MAN !!!!!!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 05:19:39 pm »
Hold the contest, we have a new contender!

Azel

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 05:20:29 pm »

Glad you like her mate
sorry about the rough curves on the saucer...I had to draw them free hand and without a template
as the shape is unusual...

olbuzzard

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 05:23:03 pm »
Quote:

Hey man Hope you like
She is a Fun ship
Enjoy mates:

btw  if this were done as a model..  and if some reason it was possible ..  I would like to dedicate it to Capt Ken of the 9th Fleet.  He has never asked anything of anyone ( or very rarely if ever....)  and is the current Fleet Admiral of the 9th.  This would in now way change the registry ....   name or anytrhing else.  He simply fell in love with this ship and its concept as soon as he heard about it.  I just thought it would be a good jesture to someone who has done a lot for the Fleet.

Thanks...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Azel

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 05:26:59 pm »

Quote:

btw if this were done as a model.. and if some reason it was possible .. I would like to dedicate it to Capt Ken of the 9th Fleet. He has never asked anything of anyone ( or very rarely if ever....) and is the current Fleet Admiral of the 9th.

Thanks...

"Old man" , by all means tell him that i dedicate this ship to him
Hail  

olbuzzard

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 05:44:50 pm »
Thanks...  

Ya know bud...  we need to see how everyone feels about doing the model on this...( Just curious if it's not asking too much.)   It may be partly my concept...  but YOU brought it to life.  I DOES look like a good cross between the the Sov and the Galaxy.  And that ( I think ) would fit Riker like a glove.  You have just the right mix of TNG textures...  and a few new ones.  That to me is what makes this so workable.

Thanks again !

Azel

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 06:47:21 pm »

Quote:

Thanks...

Ya know bud... we need to see how everyone feels about doing the model on this...( Just curious if it's not asking too much.) It may be partly my concept... but YOU brought it to life. I DOES look like a good cross between the the Sov and the Galaxy. And that ( I think ) would fit Riker like a glove. You have just the right mix of TNG textures... and a few new ones. That to me is what makes this so workable.

Thanks again !  

Personally I donot think that the ship is a hybridized design...I feel that she is a totally new idea, a contemporary or counterpart to the Sovie...unique onto herself
I feel that WZ's and my collaboratted version is a more Hybridized concept
this ship stands on its own

I think that is mainly because you opened up new elements into the mix with your concept...
I just took yours and tried to intergrate the components that you brought to the table

So as much as you thank me, I must thank you
as many can account for...if you have a rough sketch and you send it to me...I have a tendency to see things within it
opportunities I would have possibly considered on my own...That is why I like Collaboratted efforts in this forum.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 06:55:47 pm »
I agree totaly.  Thanks for the kind words...  and your efforts.

NannerSlug

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 08:40:46 pm »
imo, this is by far and away the best interpretation of what a "cannon" titan might look like. this thing SCREAMS federation/classic trek design.

excellent.

olbuzzard

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 08:57:31 pm »
hehehe...  Hey Azel  ..  I need to "Borrow" these nacelles for another project as well !!

sandman69247

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 12:05:03 am »
Damn!! I see the next Azel masterpiece...great work to both of you. Now, we need a modeler...I would, but I'm not too good with TNG/post-TNG designs yet, though I'm getting better. Actually, this looks like it's right up WZ's alley, if we could get him to do it.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 02:41:53 am »
WOW,That's one awesome ship.I think it would be great to name the ship after your friend sir !!!! NOw all we need is a modeller for this beauty.

-MP  

olbuzzard

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 07:08:18 am »
Quote:

Damn!! I see the next Azel masterpiece...great work to both of you. Now, we need a modeler...I would, but I'm not too good with TNG/post-TNG designs yet, though I'm getting better. Actually, this looks like it's right up WZ's alley, if we could get him to do it.  

HEHE  I was kind a thinking that my self.  ( Just didn't want to speak out of turn ... )

olbuzzard

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 07:16:26 am »
Quote:

WOW,That's one awesome ship.I think it would be great to name the ship after your friend sir !!!! -MP  

Actually ..  I kinda think we should leave its name as the "Titan"...  ( although he would be deeply flattered to do as you suggested).   We would just simply like to dedicate the developement of the model to his and his leadership he has provided as the fleet CO.  Ever since he read and heard about the Titan ...  he was facinated with the ship and had hoped it would end up in a mod some where so he could have fun flying it.  He has shared that only with a couple of in the fleet in private conversation.  His selfless attitude has been an earmark of his help through out the game as he has helped many of us learn the game and even computer issues from time to time.  As a result I just thought it would be fitting if we could do something to return a little something back to him.

thanks

Kaenyne

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2004, 08:06:30 am »
I think this concept is attractive. I think she resembles more of a compact Sovereign than a Galaxy. But no matter the case, she's a Titan.

starforce2

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2004, 05:16:12 pm »
Now this ship I could see as  the titan, the other was just plain ugly.

Reverend

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2004, 12:33:01 am »
Okay, very okay... becoming great!! Do you have a side view?  

olbuzzard

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2004, 12:51:35 pm »
I'm working on a preliminary sketch...  I'll turn it over to Azel via PM today.  ( his skill in detail and texture ...  absolutely ROCK !!)

Azel

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2004, 03:12:54 pm »
Here's are some more veiws

Dorsal:

Ventral(minus nacelles...as they are unnessesary to draw for this veiw):

Side: