Topic: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)  (Read 7912 times)

Azel

Re: USS Titan as envisioned by Ol'Buzzard :)
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2004, 06:33:28 pm »

Quote:

SUPER !!!! Now she's ready for the next big step !!! BTW.. I have really appreciated your help AZEL ... great team work ... excellent attitude .... makes this part of the SFC community fun again !! I dont mind telling ya that is totally refreshing and deeply appreciated !!

NP man...It was my honor
I personally (as can be accounted many times) Love to work on joint ventures

Now if we could only get her built  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2004, 05:28:01 am »
I am honored to be working with both of you sirs on this project. I totally agree that this is what a forum should be.We need more collaborations like this .And I believe I see that starting to happen.So without further adue...................

U.S.S. TITAN    /   Sovereign   / Galaxy  

Specs

Duration: 130/   120  /   100  years
Resupply:Every  5 /   N/A /     N/A  years

Refit
Minor : Every   1   /  1 /    1 year
Standard: 1 /     1 /   1 years
Major : 10 /     10  /   20 years

Hull : FDN  /     FDN /     FDN

Speed
Cruising: Warp 8 /     7 /     6
Max :  9.9 /   9.5 /   9.2
Emergency:   9.99 ( 12 hour duration) /   9.7 (12 hour duration) /   9.6 (12 hour duration)

Personel
Officers: 100 /     130 /   1,014 Total
Enlisted :   600 /   725 /    
Marines :   75
Guests : 25 /     N/A /     200  

Auxillary Craft
Shuttle Bays : 2 /     2 /     3
Shuttles : 6 /     8 /     10 shuttles or 12 shuttlepods  
Fighters :  8 /     N/A /     N/A
Runabouts : 2 /     N/A /     8
Captains Yacht : 1 /       1 /   1

Weapons
 20 X Type phaser arrays /     14 X Type arrays /   12 X Type  arrays

Torpedoes
 8 Heavy Torpedo Launchers: /      5 Heavy Launchers : /     2 Heavy Launchers:  
 2  X Type /      4 X type /   1 X type forward lower saucer hull
 2  X Type forward upper saucer hull  
 2  X Type /     1 X type /     1 X type aft firing on engineering hull
 1 X Type starboard firing on engineering hull  
 1 X Type port firing on engineering hull  

Dimensions
Length : 640 m /     685m /     641m
Beam : 200 m /     224m /     470m  
Height : 84 m /      88m /     145m
Decks : 20 /     24 /     42

There ya go sirs,commence the discussions .

-MP  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 06:52:12 am by ModelsPlease »

olbuzzard

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2004, 07:23:56 am »
Thanks bud...  I didn't leave work until after 8pm our time last night: got home and had to litterally put part of my Suburban back to geather;  ..  and I'm already back here again  LOL....  oh well.  We did get a chnace to begin review of the data....  Now I'm going to see if I can find a side by side pict of the physical apearnaces of the Sovy and the Galaxy as well.  I think I kbow where we are headed with this ( Azell and I have discussed it briefly in PM's and both agree) ...  just a couple of things to review just to satisfy my own curiosity as much as anything.

HMMMM    I found the web site late last night...  and from what I've seen they are classifying the Titan as what I call a "heavy BB".  On this point I personally disagree strongly.  Thought the name "Titan" usually denotes a "Heavy Hitter" of some sort ...I just simply refuse to create a CHEESE CAKE SPECIAL just to make it the "best" so to speak.  

BTW...  a special thanks MP for the post.  I appreciate your continued efforts to find helpful info.  I have noticed you do this quite freequently for a lot of folk !!  Kudos bud ...  thanks !  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2004, 07:56:39 am »
 Sovereign Class 685 meters

Galaxy Class 641 meters

Titan Class 640 meters

I don't believe the Titan should be much stronger than the Sovereign and I tweaked the stats to try to represent that.Sorry the Titan is not to scale but there ya go.

olbuzzard

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2004, 10:27:08 am »
I agree totaly..  that is what Azel and have dicussed and both agree as well.  Off hand...  I'm looking at one perhaps slightly smaller ( thought not much ) than the Sovy...  but with advanced tech that would allow better speed, manueverability..  etc..  BUT ...  these weapons that are showing up like heavy torp tubes...  wil not exceed the Sovy.  For now what I'm considering is a more effecient and "tougher" ship.  That to me defines better the "Titan" image.

( constructive in put appreciated )  thx!

BTW...  thanks again MP for the time you invested to do the post !!

Kaenyne

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2004, 10:58:09 am »
Thought I'd give my .02 here. For me, the name Titan also conjures up an image of great size an majesty (read: TITANic). No to tell you how you should do things, as this is your creation, but I still feel that this ship, with a name such as this, needs to be BIG, along the lines of more mass than a Galaxy Class and perhaps longer than a Sovereign. At least on par with the Excalibur. Just IMHO.

Overall, I feel you should do what you feel is right.  

battlestar001

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2004, 11:51:18 am »
shes perfect the way she is

olbuzzard

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2004, 11:59:28 am »
thanks for the input...  I will take it under advisement...  though to be truthfull I dont see it too much bigger ( in over all length) than the Galaxy class) ...

There are a couple of other things I wish to review before the final decision.

Thanks again !

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2004, 01:02:57 pm »
1000 meters IMHO

olbuzzard

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2004, 10:14:50 pm »
right now ...  this is kinda the direction I'm leaning toward:

sandman69247

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2004, 10:30:55 pm »
I think she should be increased about 5% across the board...my reasoning is that, she should be a little bigger than the Sovy, but still smaller than the Galaxy. She'll still have the same shape and HxWxL ratio, so she won't fall into the Sovy too-sleek look, and still project a "TITAN"ic feel. Remember Rikers ego...he wouldn't take a ship smaller than the Enterprise, no matter how much power it had. Besides, to me, it just feels wrong for it to be that small, comparitively. My $.02

Great work to you both.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2004, 10:49:01 pm »
A lot of what you say has merit...  she IS longer than the Galaxy class ....  just not as wide.  Also please note the Titan is slightly taller as well (though it may need to be just a tad higher) .  If younoticed we intentionally made the "neck" between the primary and secondary hulls more defined and "taller" than on the Sovy.  As for the length ... hmmm  my thought are as follows...  ( I may be just off on a deep end here ...  but ...)   I was kinda leaning toward an arugment of "power... weapons ... and maneuverability (for a ship that hull class).  That was the reason I stayed away from theh concept presented by "the Miranda Forum"  where they conclude that the ship should be as follows: length: 1241 meters; width: 770 meters; height: 545 meters; with 61 decks, and a crew of over 2000.  To me that is just a tad over the top.

I understand what you are saying...  trust me .. and there may be some validity to that!  ( I'm just not convenced that is where we want to end up just yet !)

BTW....  We really appreciate the kind words and the positive input ...  thanks !

sandman69247

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2004, 11:05:58 pm »
NP, maybe I just need a front view to make come intp focus...(shameless hint ).  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2004, 11:13:32 pm »
I like where you're going with this sir.It makes sense and is a truly realistic concept,I however disagree with toning down her weapons as you have. She should have more punch then that.With your specs she's hardly better then the Sovie. And the Miranda site SIZE specs could have some validity if you wanted to match up size wise with opponents. If the Romulans continue to build Scimitar like ships,and let's face it,why would they stop,the federation has nothing to stand up to it.The Enterprise was totally out sized,out classed ,out gunned,out manuvered,and out run.Though combat did prove the Sov could take one hell of a beating. With that as a foundation,the Federation would need to step it up a notch. Just something to ponder.

Scimitar Specs:
Length : 890m
Beam : 1,350m
Height : 245m

Weapons
52 X Disruptors
27 X  Heavy Torpedo Tubes

Please give her back her punch..... 20 arrays and the original distribution for the 8 torp bays so she can bite at ya from all angles and directions. That's my pitch for that and besides it's only 6 more arrays then than Sovie,totally not Uber......BUT it's more   Personally I like the size you have chosen Keep the size as it is. My $.02

-MP  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 03:23:19 am by ModelsPlease »

olbuzzard

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2004, 07:30:38 am »
I understand totally MP...  They also thought of the Scimitar as a "Preditor".  Also, please keep in mind that there would not have been enough time to construct the Titan based upon the encounter with the Scimitar.  Perhaps another ship designed with the expressed purpose of war to keep up with such demands might be appropriate. That concept is totaly contrary to "Fed Cannon Design"  for the time being.   At the time the Titan would have been concieved and constructed they would have been more concerned with the Borg or the Jem'Hadar where technoology, power management and yes... "better" or more affective weapons would be a concern.  There seems to be a vaild statement to her being maybe a tad longer (but certainly no wider).  IMHO if she's too wide...  too large,  maneuverability becomes an issue.  I will consider the Phaser Arrays ... that might be something to consider...  ( I'll give it some serious thought )

BTW....  all of the input has been excellent and thought provoking.  Great job so far guys ...

Kaenyne

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2004, 08:20:45 am »
Not to make life more difficult for ya Olbuzzard, just wanted to say that no matter what size you decide upon, the your Titan is still a great design. (Although I'd still go with the Miranda specs?MP has some points)  

olbuzzard

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2004, 08:36:47 am »
Understood...  Information recieved in light of your intent...  and it is appreciated.  That is the reason I wanted to get feed back on this...  not just shoot from the hip.  I still think we are on the right track and  certain that when this is finished that we will have a design that not only works ...  but will reflect ST / TNG and the SFC community as well.  I am still listening to input and will finalize my decision by late this evening.   ( I have a Bass toruney tomorrow ...  so I would like to have this phase of the development done by tonight)

OH ..  BTW ...  the picts above are proportional to the specs listed beside them  ( more or less ).  And I'm seroiusly considering the Titan being a tad longer than the Sovy ...  but it will NOT get any wider than it's current proposal.

Keep those cards and letters comming !!

Thanks

Kaenyne

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2004, 08:51:05 am »
Will do! Hope ya catch a whopper!  

sandman69247

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2004, 09:30:52 am »
Good luck in the tourney!!!

OK, I can live with a little longer...5%,
I also agree with the thought she should have more bite than your current specs, but not much more. Anyway, I think this fan-freakin'-tastic!!..Everyone getting involved like this, it's great!  

olbuzzard

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2004, 10:34:51 am »
Quote:

Good luck in the tourney!!!

OK, I can live with a little longer...5%,

OY  ......    KIDS  !!!!!    

just kidding bud..  ( might as well both have some fun too !! )....    

and you are right...  even if I'm just the project co-ordinator ...  that's cool !!   (besides ...  I DO have the last say !!)  

The input has been great..  It has indeed been a VERY good experience !!