Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 18020 times)

Komodo

Re: Titan WIP ***FINAL MESH UPDATE***
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2004, 07:21:47 pm »
Very nice!!

Can't wait to see 'er with her clothes on!    

Azel

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2004, 07:26:44 pm »
Shes very impressive mate!!!
but compare her pylons to the pic and the width of the saucer
those 2 details(in scaling) are the only real modification to the mesh

Awesome work thus far Mate  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2004, 04:17:00 am »
As always Ol'Buzzard sir,ask and you shall recieve.For your approval here they are .................

U.S.S.Titan NCC- ___________

1) 58706  
 from  www.bravofleet.net

2) 78164
 from  www.starbase118.net/titan

3) 71301
 from  www.sb254.com/sims/titan/

4) 48363
 from  www.s3.invisionfree.com/sb27fleet

5) 6289
 from  www.ex-astris-scientia.org/my_ships/franklin.

6) 52004
   from ModelsPlease........it's May 2004 why not use that as the registry in honor of Azel's Great Grandfather Carmello and my Aunt Betty who passed away,and Ol'Buzzards wedding anniversary.

Commence the voting,but please check out the sites as well,there's some cool stuff on them.

-MP

olbuzzard

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2004, 07:29:09 am »
MP ...  thanks ...  great idea !!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's not a toss-up between the 78164 and 52004 ...  either way is totaly fine by me.  BTW...  thanks for such an honored rememberance.  If the vote goes for the 78164 number ( for the purpose of keeping it cannon ) ...  hey that's super !!!

agan ...  great idea MP  ..!!!

Sandman3D

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2004, 08:36:22 am »
OK, I thought you and Buzz had agreed to the changes, I was going off the pics that he did. Personally, I like the look with the primary a little wider than your drawing...seperates it from the Sov. The pylons I can do np. Stay tuned for more updates...  

olbuzzard

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2004, 08:53:21 am »
Agreed sir.  Thanks for the extra efforts.  This ship is going to absolutley ROCK  !!

Sandman3D

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2004, 09:21:50 am »
So far, looks like it's gonna be 52004, which is a little low for the period, but hey, it's not a canon ship, so who needs a canon reg?

Here's a storyline to explain the design...
As things progressed with the design of the Sov, Starfleet realised it was time to start designing the next class that would have the name Enterprise. But, due to the untimely loss of the Ent.D, Starfleet was forced to use the newly completed Sov. design.

This can kinda explain the differences from the Sov and the more traditional look to the Titan, i.e. with the neck and all. What ya think? Please feel free to embelish the story.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2004, 09:37:00 am »
hmmmm   Between Rat Boy and Mp  they should be able to verify that!  My only concern is that after all of the hard work you have obvioulsy put into this ...  we do want to make this as close to the "projected cannon interpritation" as possible.  

I'll send a PM to Rat Boy in the CIC as well  ...  ( he does a lot of historical documentation ) ...  

MP ...  I remember from a post that you did you are into this too.  

BTW  ...  anyone else who can research this and see how this fits in would be most helpful.

Also ..  I'm goint to start working on the "credits" for this master piece !!

thanks guys !!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2004, 10:25:13 am »
Quote:

So far, looks like it's gonna be 52004, which is a little low for the period, but hey, it's not a canon ship, so who needs a canon reg?

I heard somewhere that converting birth years to the Hebrew calendar gets reg numbers in the proper range, which is 80000 and above.

olbuzzard

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2004, 11:46:13 am »
so you are suggesting 82004 ?? .....HMMM   85204  ..... ah ...  how about 75204

MP ...  what do ya think sir.  It's obvious from your survey that the 52004 has significance.  Would it be taking away from your work to go with 75204 ?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2004, 12:23:33 pm »
If we place the Titans initial developement  Mid-24th Century (2330-2355) . This places her alongside the New Orleans, Cheyenne and Nebula and Galaxy classes, developement wise.Ships of the mid-24th century achieve velocities well beyond Warp 9, so our max velocity is covered. Hull numbers range from 40000 to 70000,so our tribute registry  52004  could be canon .This also covers Sandmans idea of an explanation as to the physical appearance of the Titan. Basically our tribute regestry works all around.

-MP  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2004, 12:37:57 pm »
Quote:

MP ...  what do ya think sir.  It's obvious from your survey that the 52004 has significance.  Would it be taking away from your work to go with 75204 ?

Honestly I have to say yes I think it would take away from the work,those 2 regestries are way too high,especially considering her hybrid appearance. I never considered that till Sandman mentioned it. Both 82004 and 75204 would place our Titan's developement at 2370 or beyond (canon wise) not that far a stretch but why stretch if we don't need to. I think my previous post pretty much covers everything .Gimme a few hours of sleep and I'll give everyone a history on our Titan, to legitamize her place in Trek lore .
-MP

P.S. Please vote choice #6   (shameless plug)  

olbuzzard

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2004, 12:50:22 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Honestly I have to say yes I think it would take away from the work,those 2 regestries are way too high,especially considering her hybrid appearance. I never considered that till Sandman mentioned it. Both 82004 and 75204 would place our Titan's developement at 2370 or beyond (canon wise) not that far a stretch but why stretch if we don't need to. I think my previous post pretty much covers everything .Gimme a few hours of sleep and I'll give everyone a history on our Titan, to legitamize her place in Trek lore .
-MP

P.S. Please vote choice #6   (shameless plug)  

OK bud....  sounds fair enough.  Come up wit a legit story that puts its development after the Dominion War ...  which gives here the awsome power and fighting capability worth of the name "TITAN" ...  and you got your self a registry to go with it !!

I place this in your capable hands.  

If someone else has additional intel that would seroiusly contradict this ..  please post for review.

If not ......  Run with it MP ....  (  BTW...  its historical data and reserach sould be mentioned in the credits as well)

red_green

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2004, 01:48:13 pm »
   The mesh is looking fantastic!

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2004, 02:17:47 pm »
Can anyone offer a back ground story for it or is it just going to be whoever is involved with the development of this class A ship?

olbuzzard

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2004, 02:43:17 pm »
My only request is to coordinate with MP.  I think Rat Boy might be looking in to this as well.  All three of please work to geather.  If there is disagreement ..  PLEASE present your case with respect to one another.  All of us have seen our fair share of the other stuff.  I will review over the whole story.  MP has been doing an excellent job on that sort of thing while I'm at work.  

The main thing is to get the registry correct.

Once it is done we will write up the memo in the credits as "Historical Review Committee"  ...  or person.   Later this evening I will also review.  (I'm at work on average of 11 to 12 hours a day M-F ...  soooooo  this helps me out tremendously)

Rat_Boy

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2004, 03:11:02 pm »
Okay, try this on as a registry:

NX-76452

That's today's month and year converted from the Gregorian calendar into the 2nd Hebrew month of the year 5764, with the numbers slightly rearragned to make it fit in with the established trek numbering system.

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2004, 04:31:24 pm »
I agree with Rat Boy here that reg works perfectly althhough the idea of a reg that tributes Azel's great grandfather and  and MP'S Aunt is a excellent idea perhaps if anyone has time they could make reg and name textures tributing these great ppeoples lives and the anniversary of Ol'Buzzards wedding (its just an idea i know how much work will have to go into this and if it wasnt for my been on the fritz i would offer my servises to do so)

Rat_Boy

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2004, 04:43:07 pm »
Quote:

I agree with Rat Boy here that reg works perfectly althhough the idea of a reg that tributes Azel's great grandfather and  and MP'S Aunt is a excellent idea perhaps if anyone has time they could make reg and name textures tributing these great ppeoples lives and the anniversary of Ol'Buzzards wedding (its just an idea i know how much work will have to go into this and if it wasnt for my been on the fritz i would offer my servises to do so)  

It does both, since the numbers are a conversion of May, 2004.

Azel

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2004, 06:09:06 pm »
LOL I still say pop the saucer back...but do what you guys like
as for the registry...I would rather you not involve my great grandfather
I really do appreciate the sentiment(thanks mates)...but I would prefer you would drop it
In favor of a more canon reg.