Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 18025 times)

Rat_Boy

Re: Titan WIP ***FINAL MESH UPDATE***
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2004, 06:17:57 pm »
Well, it also fits Buzz's aniversary, and the referrence is so subtle that it would escape notice.  Besides, the number's pretty cannon-style as is.

olbuzzard

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2004, 06:24:21 pm »
Quote:

as for the registry...I would rather you not involve my great grandfather
I really do appreciate the sentiment(thanks mates)...but I would prefer you would drop it
In favor of a more canon reg.

So let it be written .....  so let it be done !

MP ...  you, Rat Boy and the others continue in light of his request.

Respectfully Azel  ....  I really would prefer to have the wider Primary hull.  It's not too much wider ...  but it does get away form the Sovy hull and give us a new ship design.  Your design for the textures brought the idea to life and are priceless.

thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2004, 06:41:35 pm »
Okay, Buzz, what was the date of your wedding?  Maybe we can turn that into a reg number.

Azel

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2004, 07:01:58 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do appreciate the sentiment(thanks mates)...but I would prefer you would drop it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let it be written ..... so let it be done !

MP ... you, Rat Boy and the others continue in light of his request.

Respectfully Azel .... I really would prefer to have the wider Primary hull. It's not too much wider ... but it does get away form the Sovy hull and give us a new ship design. Your design for the textures brought the idea to life and are priceless.

thanks

ok
she's your ship mate

olbuzzard

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2004, 07:05:08 pm »
I respectfully decline.  

Ya know RB...  this entire project has been such a pleasure to watch it grow.  And I have appreciated all of the input we have seen.  Everyone has been so good about this project.

There has to be a way to get the best of what you and MP are doing with the registry.  
also I think ther was someone named Fallen Warrior who posted something too.  Please review his point on this.

Time wise, as far as the historical value of Trek is concerned it would almost HAVE to be after the Dominion Wars ..  anything on the board for development  ( so to speak) would have more than likely advanced to production...  or at the very least anything that was near the develeopment stage  place into production.  So my only personal input is that the number would have to co-inside with releases AFTER the war.  It does stand to reason that the concept of the ship could have been under consideration and even plans began for her drawn up.  At any rate ...  that's just my theory.

I hope this helps.  

again thanks to everyone !

Rat_Boy

« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2004, 07:14:31 pm »
How about:

NX-81612

That's the year (1981), month (June) and day (12) that the film Clash of the Titans was released.  Nice and neutral, plus it ties in with the ship, sort of.  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2004, 09:46:27 pm »
Quote:

I respectfully decline.  

Ya know RB...  this entire project has been such a pleasure to watch it grow.  And I have appreciated all of the input we have seen.  Everyone has been so good about this project.

There has to be a way to get the best of what you and MP are doing with the registry.  
also I think ther was someone named Fallen Warrior who posted something too.  Please review his point on this.

Time wise, as far as the historical value of Trek is concerned it would almost HAVE to be after the Dominion Wars ..  anything on the board for development  ( so to speak) would have more than likely advanced to production...  or at the very least anything that was near the develeopment stage  place into production.  So my only personal input is that the number would have to co-inside with releases AFTER the war.  It does stand to reason that the concept of the ship could have been under consideration and even plans began for her drawn up.  At any rate ...  that's just my theory.

I hope this helps.  

Thanx dude i know i havent been a member of the forum for that long but i love to see great ships like this go though R&D and if i can help in any way just ask

perhaps the history could go along these lines :
The Titan Class commissioned 2378
After the dominion war ended Starfleet needed to rebuild the fleet so they commisioned a board of top specalists and came up with the design that would later become the Titan Built to compliment the Victory and Excalibur Classes and completly replace the Galaxy Class as an exploration and defence vessal using the latest technology that star fleet had at time of production this ship is the most well suited ship Starfleet has designed since the Constilation Class almost 120 years ago

olbuzzard

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2004, 10:11:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So let it be written ..... so let it be done !

MP ... you, Rat Boy and the others continue in light of his request.

Respectfully Azel .... I really would prefer to have the wider Primary hull. It's not too much wider ... but it does get away form the Sovy hull and give us a new ship design. Your design for the textures brought the idea to life and are priceless.

thanks

ok
she's your ship mate

I just got home a few minutes ago... I just got to where I can review this.  Thank you Azel.  though I must correct one tiny thing ...  she's OUR ship !!

thanks guys !

olbuzzard

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2004, 10:18:35 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I respectfully decline.  

I hope this helps.  

Thanx dude i know i havent been a member of the forum for that long but i love to see great ships like this go though R&D and if i can help in any way just ask

perhaps the history could go along these lines :
The Titan Class commissioned 2378
After the dominion war ended Starfleet needed to rebuild the fleet so they commisioned a board of top specalists and came up with the design that would later become the Titan Built to compliment the Victory and Excalibur Classes and completly replace the Galaxy Class as an exploration and defence vessal using the latest technology that star fleet had at time of production this ship is the most well suited ship Starfleet has designed since the Constilation Class almost 120 years ago  

Okie.  That seems to work with the general flow of things...  R/B work with MP and tie all of this up..  It's starting to come togeather.  

thanks again guys !

ModelsPlease

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2004, 10:19:00 pm »
Quote:

Okay, try this on as a registry:

NX-76452

That's today's month and year converted from the Gregorian calendar into the 2nd Hebrew month of the year 5764, with the numbers slightly rearragned to make it fit in with the established trek numbering system.  

This works fine by me,my only thing is instead of Nx it should it not be NCC, I'm pretty sure this is not the Proto-type ship. As I stated earlier I have 2 stories for the Titan design.Once we have all agreed on registry,which at this point looks to me like 76452 , I'll post the history most suited to it for everyone to embelish on,then we can include it alongside the Read Me in the file folder.
-MP  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2004, 10:39:50 pm »
Quote:

This works fine by me,my only thing is instead of Nx it should it not be NCC, I'm pretty sure this is not the Proto-type ship.

Well, I suppose you're right there.  Outside of the Defiant, no "hero" ship in Trekdom has ever been the class ship.  I nominate calling this ship the Atlas-class to fit in with the naming scheme.

olbuzzard

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2004, 10:55:07 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Okay, try this on as a registry:

NX-76452

That's today's month and year converted from the Gregorian calendar into the 2nd Hebrew month of the year 5764, with the numbers slightly rearragned to make it fit in with the established trek numbering system.  

This works fine by me,my only thing is instead of Nx it should it not be NCC, I'm pretty sure this is not the Proto-type ship. As I stated earlier I have 2 stories for the Titan design.Once we have all agreed on registry,which at this point looks to me like 76452 , I'll post the history most suited to it for everyone to embelish on,then we can include it alongside the Read Me in the file folder.
-MP  

I agree  ..  verry well sir,  "NCC-76452"  make it so MP..  Proceede as outlined  and be sure to coodinate with some of the data presented by Fallen Warrior as well.

As for Atlas class ...  hmmm  not so sure there bud...  let me do some research there.  Everything else looks great though.

BTW..   guys I am going to have to restrick the amount of time I pop in here during the day.  I kinda got carried away to day.  I can still jum in at lunch and that sort of thing ...  but frankly its better for me to break the habbit now rather than to get hooked on this during work hours !!

Keep up the great work guys !!  Great team work !!

Azel

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2004, 11:25:36 am »
I say titan class...so that the rest of the ships could have titan names
Like Atlas, Cronos, Prometheus, etc  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2004, 11:28:39 am »
If it's the prototype of a class, it should have an NX.  If it's just a ship from a class, it should be an NCC.  That's what we should get resolved.

olbuzzard

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2004, 11:58:51 am »
Quote:

I say titan class...so that the rest of the ships could have titan names
Like Atlas, Cronos, Prometheus, etc  

agreed.....   So let it be written...  so let be done !!

Sandman3D

« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2004, 12:09:56 pm »
OK, started laying some paint down, here's a look at her with a little color.

olbuzzard

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2004, 12:29:26 pm »
Oh yeah !!!

crank it up bud !!  WOO  HOO  great wa yfor me to end my lunch break !!!   perfect timming sir !!

Kaenyne

« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2004, 12:57:26 pm »
I'm likin' it!

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2004, 01:13:09 pm »
wheres the drool button its looking everytime i see the next construction stage. But i found something that might seem like a Hypo-spanner in the dilitium matrix there is already a Titan Class i belive it belongs to Wicked Zombie if memory serves i just hope im wrong if on the slight chance im right pehaps the class name could be changed to either Zeus or Jupiter Class that way you can still use names of greek and roman gods for each ship contructed

As for the N.C.C if you remember the excelceior was an NX but was later changed to N.C.Csame with the Defiant so its all up to personal prefrence but i like N.C.C better shows its gone though it trials and has given shown its worth.

olbuzzard

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2004, 01:50:26 pm »
Quote:

As for the N.C.C if you remember the excelceior was an NX but was later changed to N.C.Csame with the Defiant so its all up to personal prefrence but i like N.C.C better shows its gone though it trials and has given shown its worth.  

GREAT observation sir ...  good call !!  That would even fit the time line of construction as a result of the Dominion wars better...  and would place the time of her release at or about the time of the "Nemesis" incodent.   Excellent !!