Topic: OP+ 3.3: released.  (Read 43531 times)

FireSoul

Re: OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 09:19:54 pm »
Quote:

Hey, Firesoul:

I clicked on your "shiplist changes" link, but I really don't know what all those messages mean.  So let me ask a (hopefully) simple quiestion:

Have there been changes in the total number of ship model folders?  I've been scouring the internet for SFB models, and am pleased with my results.  If I can, I'd like to just swap-out the shiplist, ftrlist, model size, and strings files.  But if I do that, will some ships be pointing to model folders that don't exist on my machine?

-S'Cipio  

Like Rogue says, yes. But I'd like to add one specific thing:
I've left the Assets/Models/ folder alone and have the added models installed in opplus/assets/ instead. It's cleaner.

FireSoul

Re: Problem
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 09:21:51 pm »
Quote:

Problem-

I cannot install the models version of 3.3. I thought it may have been a bad DL yesterday, but had the same thing happen today...When I run the installer, it verifies the installer, runs the license agreement, but the "Install" button is dimmed and can't be engaged to install the files.  

A quick questions: was opplus 3.2 or earlier still installed?

Komodo

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 09:57:56 pm »
I uninstalled 3.2 beforehand. I'd think it would still run, regardless...
BTW- running Win98 here
I did install the no models version without a hitch, though. Looks like I'll get to play with it that way at least.

FireSoul

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2004, 10:14:34 pm »
Quote:

I uninstalled 3.2 beforehand. I'd think it would still run, regardless...
BTW- running Win98 here
I did install the no models version without a hitch, though. Looks like I'll get to play with it that way at least.  

Strange. Perhaps whatever you have downloaded was cached and was giving you problems. *Shrug*

Scipio_66

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2004, 10:44:20 pm »
Quote:

Scipio_66 - The answer to your question is yes. There is a difference in the in the way the model folders are set up for OP+. There are many new model folders envolved as OP+ uses a much larger number of models than the standard Taldren model set. What you will have to do is replace the models in those folders with the ones you want or edit the path in the Shiplist.

Thanks for your help, but yes, I understood that OP+ uses more folders than stock.  I've already got OP+3.2 installed and have swapped out all the models to get the total SFB look when using it.  I'd just like to not have to do that many swaps again.  ;-)

To be more clear with my question, does OP+3.3 use more folders than OP+3.2, or were some of the pointers and physical models simply cleaned up?

-S'Cipio  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Dizzy

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2004, 01:37:42 am »
I wonder too because some testing for SG4 went straight to the desktop using 3.3 instead of 3.2 indicating there may be different folders altogether that are now either renamed or removed.

That presents the question of wether or not I will also have to do the same as scipio dreads.

FireSoul

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2004, 07:47:33 am »
Quote:

Thanks for your help, but yes, I understood that OP+ uses more folders than stock.  I've already got OP+3.2 installed and have swapped out all the models to get the total SFB look when using it.  I'd just like to not have to do that many swaps again.  ;-)

To be more clear with my question, does OP+3.3 use more folders than OP+3.2, or were some of the pointers and physical models simply cleaned up?

Yes, there are some folder differences.
Yes, there are plenty of added folders.

Scipio_66

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2004, 09:28:08 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Gotcha, thanks.

-S'Cipio  

FireSoul

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2004, 10:00:52 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gotcha, thanks.

-S'Cipio  

Let's see..
I used my tools I wrote for myself to double-check my work.. on a 3.2 shiplist with 3.3's model folders. Take your current 3.2's model folder, back it up, add the missing models/model folders to it and 3.3 should actually work.

The following models have been removed/renamed.
Code:

OPPLUS/MODELS/FCV/FCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FETG3P/FETG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCL-MIRANDA/FNCL-MIRANDA.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FSCV/FSCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FTG3P/FTG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FWD/FWD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LNSR3P/LNSR3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LTUG3P/LTUG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/ZBC/ZBC.MOD

The following models have been added.
Code:

OPPLUS/MODELS/DCC/DCC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/DCCH/DCCH.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/DHDW/DHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCAD/FCAD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCVD/FCVD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCVS/FCVS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDNL/FDNL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDW/FDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWD/FDWD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWS/FDWS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWV/FDWV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FEGSC/FEGSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FGSC/FGSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAC/FNAC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAE/FNAE.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAL/FNAL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCD/FNCD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCL/FNCL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCV/FNCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNDC/FNDC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNHS/FNHS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNSC/FNSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNSR/FNSR.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNVL/FNVL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNVS/FNVS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FXFF/FXFF.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/GHBD/GHBD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/HHDD/HHDD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/HHDW/HHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LCC/LCC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LCCH/LCCH.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LDNE/LDNE.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LHDW/LHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LJGP/LJGP.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/ZBCH/ZBCH.MOD

FireSoul

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 10:02:41 am »
Also.. if you're updating your models dir, mind letting me download a .ZIP of it? I would like to take a look at what you have. Who knows.. a 3rd installer? (No promises.)

-- Luc

Scipio_66

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2004, 10:15:43 am »
Quote:

Let's see..
I used my tools I wrote for myself to double-check my work.. on a 3.2 shiplist with 3.3's model folders. Take your current 3.2's model folder, back it up, add the missing models/model folders to it and 3.3 should actually work.

<snip>

That was my plan.  Thank you very much for spelling out the differences explicity, that will save me a lot of time and effort!

Quote:

Also.. if you're updating your models dir, mind letting me download a .ZIP of it? I would like to take a look at what you have. Who knows.. a 3rd installer? (No promises.)

I will be glad to do so.  But please, only do it if you want a general release sort of thing for people upgrading.  It's not worth that much of your time for a personal preference I can fix myself.  You've already put in enough work.

-S'Cipio

FireSoul

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2004, 10:31:09 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Let's see..

<snip>

That was my plan.  Thank you very much for spelling out the differences explicity, that will save me a lot of time and effort!

Quote:

I will be glad to do so.  But please, only do it if you want a general release sort of thing for people upgrading.  It's not worth that much of your time for a personal preference I can fix myself.  You've already put in enough work.

-S'Cipio  

I don't think I would do much model work on them, if that's what you're asking..

Komodo

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2004, 07:21:15 pm »
OK- I think I figured it out. Got turning it over in my head why it wouldn't run. The answer- not enough memory to install! Sorry to bother.

FireSoul

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2004, 08:04:58 pm »
Not enough....
.. what did you have running?

Komodo

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2004, 09:44:53 pm »
Quote:

Not enough....

By memory, I mean hard drive space... 4 GB just doesn't go as far as it used to LOL Just need to clean up a few things to put in the models version

FireSoul

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2004, 10:16:42 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Not enough....

By memory, I mean hard drive space... 4 GB just doesn't go as far as it used to LOL Just need to clean up a few things to put in the models version  

Understood. Thanks for the report.

Bonk

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2004, 10:31:14 pm »
I noticed a "File Copy Error" on uninstall in the details and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any on installation. Any ideas? (I can test it again on a clean OP install later this week if need be...or have you already with no errors showing and I definitely have a problem with my installation?)  

FireSoul

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2004, 10:34:50 pm »
Sounds like you've encountered a situation where one of the installed files may have been removed. *shrug*
It couldn't be restored.

Bonk

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2004, 10:58:51 pm »
LOL - I'm such a dummy sometimes.... I had about forty application windows open when I changed over...
one of them I forgot about was the installed OP+3.3 shiplist open in excel! That would certainly explain the file copy error. <smacks head> So sorry, to have bothered you... pretty funny now though. Trying to do too many things at once.  

zerosnark

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2004, 11:21:29 pm »
Firesoul;

I was eagerly awaiting this release, and I have been a great fan of your previous work.

You have my thanks!  

(saying more would be simply redundant!)