Topic: OP+ 3.3: released.  (Read 43444 times)

FireSoul

OP+ 3.3: released.
« on: May 16, 2004, 07:19:24 pm »
Hello folks..

.. sorry if this is going to be short. I am tired and smack in the middle of moving. I would, however, like to take a second to thank Frey for hosting the machine on which klingon.stasis.ca is now itself hosted on. Thanks, Frey. This means a lot not just to me.

It took about 4 months for me to do this. The vast majority of the work is models related. I actually released a lot of my own models in the process of reviewing the past contents. Basically, all ships have LODs.. that should reduce CPU load and jumpy games. ... And the parts that blow apart (when ships blow up) don't look empty in such a way you can see right through them. This is a huge polish-up folks. It's almost all visual goodies.

Also, ship classes names have been tweaked. Strafer decided to take it upon himself to make sure all ship classes are named as close-to-be-right as possible. Take a look at the Gorns, for example. It's quite trendy.

So!
Download: ~50 mb:   http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_models.exe

Download no-models version:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_no_models.exe

Main site:
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/

What's been done to this shiplist?
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/compare_from_3.2_to_3.3.txt

Actual model changes, tweaks.
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/models.html#model_tweaks

-- Luc  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

Re: OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 08:50:43 pm »
Thank you Firesoul.

Much appreciated.

KF

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 08:56:23 pm »
Great!!!  I love your work Firesoul.  I've been waiting for the next update.  

Rhaz

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 09:04:06 pm »
Wow, in the middle of a move no less!  Thanks for the work and thanks Frey for the hosting.

Daew Anahos

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 09:36:11 pm »
Dumb question time.  

I d/led the new ship list installer. 3.2 ins already installed via the OP enhancement pack.

How can I remove just the shiplist without uninstalling the whole pack?  

Or do I need to wait until the next OP enhancement pack is released with 3.3?

Thanks for tuning into dumb question time.    We now return you to your normal forum browsing.

Strafer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 10:02:01 pm »
AFAICT, Pesty's installer runs the individual installers themselves. Don't think it keeps track.

FireSoul

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 10:21:31 pm »
Quote:

AFAICT, Pesty's installer runs the individual installers themselves. Don't think it keeps track.  

indeed.. you should be able to uninstall just OP+ from either the control panel, or from the SFC directory. The executable uninstaller is there.

Julin Eurthyr

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 08:02:13 am »
Good job there...

Time to enjoy it more...

Daew Anahos

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 01:21:08 pm »
Thanks!

I forgot totally about the control panel in my brain skip.  

Problem solved.

Thanks for all the hard work FS and good luck on the move!  

EDIT: Also forgot how to spell again.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 01:23:03 pm by Daew Anahos »

Crimmy

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 06:41:07 pm »
Thank you FS....I finnally DL"d the modl pack......WOOT!

AH_Tze

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 11:28:11 pm »
with work like this, even the redshirt forum-stalkers love you.

FireSoul

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 11:51:41 am »
Could a kind moderator remove the sticky from the 3.2 thread and perhaps stick this one up in its stead?

NiHM

GZ Folk
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 01:02:49 pm »
If its any consolation Firesoul, on a community level the GZLeagues  players voted in your 3.3 OPPlus as the official league shiplist for Cycle 2.

So if any of us havent said it yet, Thanks a bunch!

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

FireSoul

Re: GZ Folk
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 01:11:36 pm »
Quote:

If its any consolation Firesoul, on a community level the GZLeagues  players voted in your 3.3 OPPlus as the official league shiplist for Cycle 2.

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?

Dogmatix!

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 02:12:49 pm »
Awesome, Luc....Thanks!

<downloading now>

NiHM

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 03:05:08 pm »
Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

Mid cycle 1-Vote came in to make 3.2 the official and update as you updated.
Cycle 1 was a playtest to see how 3.2 would take, and there were very few stock games played.

FireSoul

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 03:12:25 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

Cycle 1 was a playtest to see how 3.2 would take, and there were very few stock games played.  

Interesting! .. heheh..  

Komodo

Problem
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 07:04:15 pm »
Problem-

I cannot install the models version of 3.3. I thought it may have been a bad DL yesterday, but had the same thing happen today...When I run the installer, it verifies the installer, runs the license agreement, but the "Install" button is dimmed and can't be engaged to install the files.

Scipio_66

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 07:21:10 pm »

Hey, Firesoul:

I clicked on your "shiplist changes" link, but I really don't know what all those messages mean.  So let me ask a (hopefully) simple quiestion:

Have there been changes in the total number of ship model folders?  I've been scouring the internet for SFB models, and am pleased with my results.  If I can, I'd like to just swap-out the shiplist, ftrlist, model size, and strings files.  But if I do that, will some ships be pointing to model folders that don't exist on my machine?

-S'Cipio

Rogue

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 09:16:42 pm »
FireSoul - Took the time to collect the 3.3 this evening. I'm a big fan of your project and wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work.

Scipio_66 - The answer to your question is yes. There is a difference in the in the way the model folders are set up for OP+. There are many new model folders envolved as OP+ uses a much larger number of models than the standard Taldren model set. What you will have to do is replace the models in those folders with the ones you want or edit the path in the Shiplist.

Each specification names a path to the model to be used for that specification. You can go about that in a few ways. If you go with replacing the models in question you will have to replace the model in each folder remembering to use the name of the .mod file in each folder to keep the path valid. You can do it that way or edit the shiplist for use with the models set you want to use.

Many of us use ShipEdit as the utility to rename the path for a given ship specification. I assume you are after a total conversion to a SFB style of model set. Either way you will have a job on your hands. However, many of us have done just that and get a big kick out of having the game play the model set we want. I'm on my third incarnation of this, myself.    

FireSoul

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 09:19:54 pm »
Quote:

Hey, Firesoul:

I clicked on your "shiplist changes" link, but I really don't know what all those messages mean.  So let me ask a (hopefully) simple quiestion:

Have there been changes in the total number of ship model folders?  I've been scouring the internet for SFB models, and am pleased with my results.  If I can, I'd like to just swap-out the shiplist, ftrlist, model size, and strings files.  But if I do that, will some ships be pointing to model folders that don't exist on my machine?

-S'Cipio  

Like Rogue says, yes. But I'd like to add one specific thing:
I've left the Assets/Models/ folder alone and have the added models installed in opplus/assets/ instead. It's cleaner.

FireSoul

Re: Problem
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 09:21:51 pm »
Quote:

Problem-

I cannot install the models version of 3.3. I thought it may have been a bad DL yesterday, but had the same thing happen today...When I run the installer, it verifies the installer, runs the license agreement, but the "Install" button is dimmed and can't be engaged to install the files.  

A quick questions: was opplus 3.2 or earlier still installed?

Komodo

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 09:57:56 pm »
I uninstalled 3.2 beforehand. I'd think it would still run, regardless...
BTW- running Win98 here
I did install the no models version without a hitch, though. Looks like I'll get to play with it that way at least.

FireSoul

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2004, 10:14:34 pm »
Quote:

BTW- running Win98 here
I did install the no models version without a hitch, though. Looks like I'll get to play with it that way at least.  

Strange. Perhaps whatever you have downloaded was cached and was giving you problems. *Shrug*

Scipio_66

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2004, 10:44:20 pm »
Quote:

Scipio_66 - The answer to your question is yes. There is a difference in the in the way the model folders are set up for OP+. There are many new model folders envolved as OP+ uses a much larger number of models than the standard Taldren model set. What you will have to do is replace the models in those folders with the ones you want or edit the path in the Shiplist.

Thanks for your help, but yes, I understood that OP+ uses more folders than stock.  I've already got OP+3.2 installed and have swapped out all the models to get the total SFB look when using it.  I'd just like to not have to do that many swaps again.  ;-)

To be more clear with my question, does OP+3.3 use more folders than OP+3.2, or were some of the pointers and physical models simply cleaned up?

-S'Cipio  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Dizzy

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2004, 01:37:42 am »
I wonder too because some testing for SG4 went straight to the desktop using 3.3 instead of 3.2 indicating there may be different folders altogether that are now either renamed or removed.

That presents the question of wether or not I will also have to do the same as scipio dreads.

FireSoul

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2004, 07:47:33 am »
Quote:

Thanks for your help, but yes, I understood that OP+ uses more folders than stock.  I've already got OP+3.2 installed and have swapped out all the models to get the total SFB look when using it.  I'd just like to not have to do that many swaps again.  ;-)

To be more clear with my question, does OP+3.3 use more folders than OP+3.2, or were some of the pointers and physical models simply cleaned up?

Yes, there are some folder differences.
Yes, there are plenty of added folders.

Scipio_66

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2004, 09:28:08 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Gotcha, thanks.

-S'Cipio  

FireSoul

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2004, 10:00:52 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gotcha, thanks.

-S'Cipio  

Let's see..
I used my tools I wrote for myself to double-check my work.. on a 3.2 shiplist with 3.3's model folders. Take your current 3.2's model folder, back it up, add the missing models/model folders to it and 3.3 should actually work.

The following models have been removed/renamed.
Code:

OPPLUS/MODELS/FCV/FCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FETG3P/FETG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCL-MIRANDA/FNCL-MIRANDA.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FSCV/FSCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FTG3P/FTG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FWD/FWD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LNSR3P/LNSR3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LTUG3P/LTUG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/ZBC/ZBC.MOD

The following models have been added.
Code:

OPPLUS/MODELS/DCC/DCC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/DCCH/DCCH.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/DHDW/DHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCAD/FCAD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCVD/FCVD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCVS/FCVS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDNL/FDNL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDW/FDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWD/FDWD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWS/FDWS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWV/FDWV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FEGSC/FEGSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FGSC/FGSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAC/FNAC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAE/FNAE.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAL/FNAL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCD/FNCD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCL/FNCL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCV/FNCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNDC/FNDC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNHS/FNHS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNSC/FNSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNSR/FNSR.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNVL/FNVL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNVS/FNVS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FXFF/FXFF.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/GHBD/GHBD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/HHDD/HHDD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/HHDW/HHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LCC/LCC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LCCH/LCCH.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LDNE/LDNE.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LHDW/LHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LJGP/LJGP.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/ZBCH/ZBCH.MOD

FireSoul

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 10:02:41 am »
Also.. if you're updating your models dir, mind letting me download a .ZIP of it? I would like to take a look at what you have. Who knows.. a 3rd installer? (No promises.)

-- Luc

Scipio_66

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2004, 10:15:43 am »
Quote:

Let's see..
I used my tools I wrote for myself to double-check my work.. on a 3.2 shiplist with 3.3's model folders. Take your current 3.2's model folder, back it up, add the missing models/model folders to it and 3.3 should actually work.

<snip>

That was my plan.  Thank you very much for spelling out the differences explicity, that will save me a lot of time and effort!

Quote:

Also.. if you're updating your models dir, mind letting me download a .ZIP of it? I would like to take a look at what you have. Who knows.. a 3rd installer? (No promises.)

I will be glad to do so.  But please, only do it if you want a general release sort of thing for people upgrading.  It's not worth that much of your time for a personal preference I can fix myself.  You've already put in enough work.

-S'Cipio

FireSoul

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2004, 10:31:09 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Let's see..

<snip>

That was my plan.  Thank you very much for spelling out the differences explicity, that will save me a lot of time and effort!

Quote:

I will be glad to do so.  But please, only do it if you want a general release sort of thing for people upgrading.  It's not worth that much of your time for a personal preference I can fix myself.  You've already put in enough work.

-S'Cipio  

I don't think I would do much model work on them, if that's what you're asking..

Komodo

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2004, 07:21:15 pm »
OK- I think I figured it out. Got turning it over in my head why it wouldn't run. The answer- not enough memory to install! Sorry to bother.

FireSoul

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2004, 08:04:58 pm »
Not enough....
.. what did you have running?

Komodo

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2004, 09:44:53 pm »
Quote:

Not enough....

By memory, I mean hard drive space... 4 GB just doesn't go as far as it used to LOL Just need to clean up a few things to put in the models version

FireSoul

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2004, 10:16:42 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Not enough....

By memory, I mean hard drive space... 4 GB just doesn't go as far as it used to LOL Just need to clean up a few things to put in the models version  

Understood. Thanks for the report.

Bonk

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2004, 10:31:14 pm »
I noticed a "File Copy Error" on uninstall in the details and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any on installation. Any ideas? (I can test it again on a clean OP install later this week if need be...or have you already with no errors showing and I definitely have a problem with my installation?)  

FireSoul

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2004, 10:34:50 pm »
Sounds like you've encountered a situation where one of the installed files may have been removed. *shrug*
It couldn't be restored.

Bonk

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2004, 10:58:51 pm »
LOL - I'm such a dummy sometimes.... I had about forty application windows open when I changed over...
one of them I forgot about was the installed OP+3.3 shiplist open in excel! That would certainly explain the file copy error. <smacks head> So sorry, to have bothered you... pretty funny now though. Trying to do too many things at once.  

zerosnark

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2004, 11:21:29 pm »
Firesoul;

I was eagerly awaiting this release, and I have been a great fan of your previous work.

You have my thanks!  

(saying more would be simply redundant!)

FireSoul

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2004, 11:32:13 pm »
Quote:

LOL - I'm such a dummy sometimes.... I had about forty application windows open when I changed over...
one of them I forgot about was the installed OP+3.3 shiplist open in excel! That would certainly explain the file copy error. <smacks head> So sorry, to have bothered you... pretty funny now though. Trying to do too many things at once.  

*smirk*  

LordSaxon

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2004, 06:48:53 pm »
Thanks Firesoul, some of the models are truly awesome to behold. The only gripe I have is w/ the Klingon DXD series w/ their FA arcs for all 6 disruptors. Granted the arcs seem to be slighly expanded, but still rough when fighting plasma races.

Keep up the good work!

KBF LordSaxon

IndyShark

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2004, 11:53:06 am »
Firesoul, thanks  again for all of your hard work!

FireSoul

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2004, 11:57:40 am »
You're welcome..
Here's hoping this gives some more bit of life to this game..

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2004, 04:50:27 pm »
Is there a problem with this? I can't download it.

FireSoul

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2004, 09:58:58 pm »
Quote:

Server's there, pinging and serving.

Bonk

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2004, 11:15:36 am »
After playing 3.3 for a while I gotta say nice job on the _brk models. Its a subtle touch but makes more of a difference than you'd think!

By the way, how many DroM hardpoints are allowed on a ship/base? I found some interesting evidence  here.  Could you take a look into this to help me out? (Have I missed something?)  

FireSoul

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2004, 11:17:58 am »
Quote:

After playing 3.3 for a while I gotta say nice job on the _brk models. Its a subtle touch but makes more of a difference than you'd think!

By the way, how many DroM hardpoints are allowed on a ship/base? I found some interesting evidence  here.  Could you take a look into this to help me out? (Have I missed something?)  

I don't know. Good questions.. Dunno if I'll try to find out tho.

Bonk

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2004, 11:41:14 am »

Quote:

Dunno if I'll try to find out tho.

I point this out as much for you as for me, since you put so much effort into the detail of OP+.
I suppose only seven ships are affected (?) (Z-XCA, Z-XCB, Z-XCF, Z-XBT, Z-XBTF, Z-XSB, Z-XSBF)
so its not really a big deal for such a long list of ships, but I fail to see why you would not want to
fix it if it is a problem. (If it's the work of looking into it, then I'll just get back to you once I confirm it,
I suppose, no sense duplicating the effort... a test in skirmish will probably not be a valid test to compare
to a D2 db so I'll have to wait until the Gravity Well is back into native X-ship production or bump it up there
again to find out...)

Edit: I was thinking about it and can see why you might not bother, if it doesn't affect anything
and they just don't show up then there isn't really a problem for your list I guess. Unfortunately
I'll have to evaluate this to avoid creating blobs that may end up crashing the serverkit...
...hmm currently my script will count all the DroMs on the ship, I suppose I can just go buy one
from your list on my webpage, log on the server and find out if it crashes or if all the drone racks are there!

well the stock list has the following ships with more than one DroM:
(Z-XFE, Z-XCA, Z-XCB, Z-XCF, Z-SBX) but I have no stock blobs to look at,
 my test above should be able to tell hopefully anyway...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 12:08:19 pm by Bonk »

FireSoul

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2004, 01:28:56 pm »
Yes, if it causes a crash, I'm interested.
However, so far, there hasn't been much evidence to the contrary.

Bonk

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2004, 02:01:07 pm »
Correct, thats why I'm confused about the DroM in the storage blob,  it definitely behaves differently in the blob from what I can tell  so far, but I 'm not exactly sure how they're counted yet... if I put them in logically then the drone racks are all messed yet the native blobs have them partially absent and they seem to work... none of the other drones are like this but then the DroM is different... something else might be at play here...

Anyhoo, since the stock list has ships with multiple DroMs and it doesn't cause problems then I wouldn't worry about them in OP+ since there have been no reports about it either... I'm just stuck with the puzzle of how they are counted differently in the db...    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bonk »

FireSoul

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2004, 02:34:52 pm »
Quote:

Correct, thats why I'm confused about the DroM in the storage blob,  it definitely behaves differently in the blob from what I can tell  so far, but I 'm not exactly sure how they're counted yet... if I put them in logically then the drone racks are all messed yet the native blobs have them partially absent and they seem to work... none of the other drones are like this but then the DroM is different... something else might be at play here...

Anyhoo, since the stock list has ships with multiple DroMs and it doesn't cause problems then I wouldn't worry about them in OP+ since there have been no reports about it either... I'm just stuck with the puzzle of how they are counted differently in the db...    

Keep in mind that the DroM enforces using its own type of drones, while the A, B, C, G, G racks use Type Is or IVs, at the player's choosing. Perhaps that's a clue to work from?

Bonk

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2004, 03:51:52 pm »
Ah, yes there's no choice... good thought, I'm going to manually edit my created Z-XCB storage blob to see if I can find what works for the DroM, I'll keep that in mind. I tested my "logically" created Z-XCB as is and it had all the DroMs it was supposed to but was short two DroCs and three DroBs though they are present in the blob where they would be in a non DroM ship that works... In my test flight of my created Z-XCB in Early, the MIRVS were slow which seemed odd but they worked. I'm going off topic on your thread here, I've got this all over the place now, I've got to keep it to one thread if I can make myself... thanks for the input.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2004, 09:20:59 am »
Somebody move this thing to the D2 Exp area so people will see it rather than have to hunt for it.

Thanks

Hooch

FireSoul

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2004, 09:35:12 am »
In my opinion, it belongs here more than in the D2 area.

.. the D2 area should have its own sticky link to this.

-- Luc

CptCastrin

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2004, 04:30:22 pm »
Quote:

Download no-models version:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_no_models.exe  

Now mirrored at SFCx:

http://www.sfcx.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

Sorry for the huge delay but **it happens.  

Great work as usualy FS ... your the only reason I still have OP installed.

l8r

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2004, 09:31:44 pm »
I'd like to point out that the Liege+ has the wrong YFA.

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2004, 09:48:21 pm »
Just wanted to say I've been a big fan of your shiplist, and am very happy with OP+ 3.3.

Keep up the good work FireSoul, your dedication is not unappreciated.

Merlin  

FireSoul

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2004, 09:59:21 am »
Quote:

1- my books are currently stored in boxes .. might be a while till I get to them to do anything.
2- what, no post in the appropriate corrections thread?

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=327182&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:00:08 am by FireSoul »

Jim

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2004, 01:45:53 pm »
Hey, nice job (as always!)  Thanks!

Jim

kziti kat

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2004, 09:08:06 am »
Quote:

Jim  

my sentiments exactly  

Villa64

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2004, 10:33:30 pm »
Hello all

I downloaded and installed 3.3, and the vessel library looks great.  The new ships also showed up in my single player campaign, which is also cool.  I am having a problem finding X-ships in the vessel library.  Uh, actually cant find any now, they are gone from the vessel library, and from the Skirmish select vessel menus.  What can I do?  Rut ro, Shaggy!

Thanks
Villa64  

Villa64

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2004, 10:42:56 pm »
Hello again.

Did a little more digging and it turns out that my advanced cruisers have been dropped.  X destroyers and frigates are still there.  In my campaign, I had a Klingon X cruiser and X frigate, and the X cruiser has completely disappeared.  Gone.  Like it never existed.  None of the crew on the frigate remember it either.  Just like in the movies.  

Seriously though, is there anything I can do to fix my screwup, and get my X cruisers back?

Thanks again
Villa  

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2004, 01:49:42 pm »
  My X -ships are showing up but the F-CX has the wrong arcs to it on the port and starboard phaser mounts thet should be llrx ans rrrx. I will check useing shipedit and post back later and yes. I have edited some of OP+3.3 aswell as 3.2 I have back them all and don't get up set FireSoul I really like your models Kudos.I would like to see the Federtion 3.2 Heavy Destroyers and NCLs used in 3.4.The Heavy Destroyers look a little more tougher but kudos and very <cool>I have Edited some Klingon and Federtion ships thats all and I would think you would like it.It is very cool it really makes me enjoy Orion Pirates even more than those original ships. Thanks Agian.  

FireSoul

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2004, 03:25:40 pm »
Quote:

Hello again.

Did a little more digging and it turns out that my advanced cruisers have been dropped.  X destroyers and frigates are still there.  In my campaign, I had a Klingon X cruiser and X frigate, and the X cruiser has completely disappeared.  Gone.  Like it never existed.  None of the crew on the frigate remember it either.  Just like in the movies.  

Seriously though, is there anything I can do to fix my screwup, and get my X cruisers back?

Thanks again
Villa  

Do you mean X2(advanced) or X1(late) ships?
.. .. I really didn't do anything to those, so I dunno what to tell you.

Villa64

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2004, 10:26:43 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I dug some more and found that most of the races are afflicted with my problem, but not the Gorn, Romulan, and ISC.  The cruiser class X-ships (ex:  D7X, Klingon XCA) do not appear in the vessel library or in the ship selections for skirmish.  I checked the shiplist file, and all the missing ships are all there (unless there is a duplicate shiplistthat I stumbled upon.)  I thought that perhaps I had performed some common screwup when I patched up, but I guess not.  Barring that, I will try uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks again
Villa

FireSoul

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2004, 12:26:10 am »
Quote:

Thank you for the reply.  I dug some more and found that most of the races are afflicted with my problem, but not the Gorn, Romulan, and ISC.  The cruiser class X-ships (ex:  D7X, Klingon XCA) do not appear in the vessel library or in the ship selections for skirmish.  I checked the shiplist file, and all the missing ships are all there (unless there is a duplicate shiplistthat I stumbled upon.)  I thought that perhaps I had performed some common screwup when I patched up, but I guess not.  Barring that, I will try uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks again
Villa  

Good call. Yes, try reinstalling.

FireSoul

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2004, 09:57:41 am »
Quote:

My X -ships are showing up but the F-CX has the wrong arcs to it on the port and starboard phaser mounts thet should be llrx ans rrrx. I will check useing shipedit and post back later and yes.

I haven't had a chance to look yet: I forgot this weekend.

Quote:

I have edited some of OP+3.3 aswell as 3.2 I have back them all and don't get up set FireSoul I really like your models Kudos. I would like to see the Federtion 3.2 Heavy Destroyers and NCLs used in 3.4.

The models? I'm sure you can figure out how to plug in those old models where you want them. Feel free to do so.

Quote:

The Heavy Destroyers look a little more tougher but kudos and very <cool>I have Edited some Klingon and Federtion ships thats all and I would think you would like it.It is very cool it really makes me enjoy Orion Pirates even more than those original ships. Thanks Agian.    

Villa64

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2004, 10:17:14 pm »
Hello again.

I uninstalled 3.3 and the problem went away.  I have looked at my Starfleet Command Orion Pirates folder and it appears that my patch is 2500-2525.  Several questions then:
I have this file: PATCHSFCOP-2500-2525.RTP.  Should I conclude that I am running 2525?  
Do I need to upgrade to 2552 prior to installing 3.3?  
If so do I need to uninstall 2525?
 I can find patches for 2500-2552, but none for 2525-2552.  If I need to uninstall 2525, how do I do it?

I think what threw me was the similarity between 2525 and 2552 (just had a mental tranposition there).  I was in a far away land last year and couldnt keep up with the updates.

Thanks again for your time
Villa

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2004, 10:54:59 pm »
 Yes you need that patch 2552 for OP+3.3 if you go into the D2 forum and download V 2.0 you will have it plus OP+3.3 as well.The poster is Pestalence and follow all directions as he states in that post.The V2.0 is stickied to the top of the the forum and if you have 56K I would get getwright so you download it in parts and it help you DL aswell from being disconnected from the server that it is on you can get getright at www.getright.com I hope this helps you out.The D2 forum is called Dynaverse 2 GL and enjoy.  

FireSoul

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2004, 10:16:28 am »

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2004, 11:14:12 am »
  You might want to get the Enhancement Pack by Pestalence V2.0 in the Dynaverse 2 forum.FireSoul is right however if you want all the mods in the game this what you need to get.It has all the scrits from Empires at War moved over to Orion Pirates as well some more singe player Campaigns.This a nice package well put together and it is free iy has the work from some of the communtiy finest in it.The Enhancement pack come with 2552 already in it as well as OP+3.3. I would still get that utility called getright. GL and enjoy.  

FireSoul

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2004, 11:21:32 am »
Quote:

You might want to get the Enhancement Pack by Pestalence V2.0 in the Dynaverse 2 forum.FireSoul is right however if you want all the mods in the game this what you need to get.It has all the scrits from Empires at War moved over to Orion Pirates as well some more singe player Campaigns.This a nice package well put together and it is free iy has the work from some of the communtiy finest in it.The Enhancement pack come with 2552 already in it as well as OP+3.3. I would still get that utility called getright. GL and enjoy.  

Thing is, the enhancement pack comes with the 2500->2552 patch, specifically. That may not be the patch executable this person needs/wants, so I was being more to-the-point to his needs.

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2004, 11:58:11 am »
  OK .It's just that Pestalence would like as many people to get the Enhacement Pack considering he takes a lot of time putting them together and I am like his agent trying to sell people in to it.He did do my sig. btw.This is reason why I am encourageing people to download it after all it is free.I hope you undertand know.  

Villa64

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2004, 03:25:58 pm »
All right!

I was forced to patch incrementally and got all the way up to 2552, then 3.3.  I played on Gamespy until the wee hours of the morning and it was great.  New models look good, and its nice seeing a bunch of new ship types.  I'm still a little buggy (campaign mode causes the program to crash), but thats ok, when I get my OP disk back, I'll get a fresh start plus (Age) the enhancement pack.  Thanks all for the advice.  I'm having fun cuttin' starships into scrap metal again.

Villa

Strafer

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2004, 03:52:32 pm »
Quote:

(campaign mode causes the program to crash)

Leftover savegames from an incompatible patch version. You'll need to delete your savegame profile and start a fresh campaign.

I forget the directory path for the savegames, unfortunately.

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2004, 04:10:47 pm »
  Just don't forget to delete the game file and it stated in the instructions.The game file is C:programs file Taldren software delete the Taldrensoftware file and do fresh clean install of the game as well before down loading Enhacement Pack V2.0
 GL and enjoy  

Villa64

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2004, 08:54:49 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

Question for the group:  How do I delete my savegame profile as described above?

Thanks in advance
Villa

FireSoul

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2004, 11:51:29 pm »
Quote:

Thanks for the tip.

Question for the group:  How do I delete my savegame profile as described above?

Thanks in advance
Villa  

Manually .. by deleting all the files and folders/directories found in... uhh..
  C:\Program Files\Taldren Software Inc\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\MetaAssets\db

(that's if you installed in the default location)

Of course, try to keep the db/ directory for new campaigns and such!

-- Luc

Villa64

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2004, 05:15:54 pm »
Got it.  

Thanks for the info.  I know it sounds simple but I wanted advice from someone who knows what their doing before I started ripping files out of my favorite game.  Workee good now.

Thanks again
Villa

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2004, 06:45:21 pm »
Is there an ETA on the corrected version of 3.3 or are we going to have to wait for 3.4?

Qapla!

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2004, 09:41:50 pm »
Quote:

Is there an ETA on the corrected version of 3.3 or are we going to have to wait for 3.4?

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantial is released.

Question:  Is there a specific correction you're referring to?

Note: The #1 complaint I hear is from people having to constantly update (even if it's been at every 3-4 months)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:48:52 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2004, 02:49:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantion is released.

Note: The #1 complaint I hear is from people having to constantly update (even if it's been at every 3-4 months)  

Cool news! Definitely worth the wait.

I'm NOT complaining, its just that since I'm not a die-hard SFB fan, I'd be afraid to fix my shiplsit incorrectly. In the past you have made "in flight" post release shiplist corrections and included them in the non-models release IIRC.

Best wishes,

KF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

FireSoul

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2004, 03:49:59 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantion is released.

I'm NOT complaining, its just that since I'm not a die-hard SFB fan, I'd be afraid to fix my shiplsit incorrectly. In the past you have made "in flight" post release shiplist corrections and included them in the non-models release IIRC.

Best wishes,

KF

Models-related non-shiplist problems can be fixed in such a way to be fully compatible with others of same version.. .. I haven't encountered that this time, yet?

FireSoul

OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2004, 07:19:24 pm »
Hello folks..

.. sorry if this is going to be short. I am tired and smack in the middle of moving. I would, however, like to take a second to thank Frey for hosting the machine on which klingon.stasis.ca is now itself hosted on. Thanks, Frey. This means a lot not just to me.

It took about 4 months for me to do this. The vast majority of the work is models related. I actually released a lot of my own models in the process of reviewing the past contents. Basically, all ships have LODs.. that should reduce CPU load and jumpy games. ... And the parts that blow apart (when ships blow up) don't look empty in such a way you can see right through them. This is a huge polish-up folks. It's almost all visual goodies.

Also, ship classes names have been tweaked. Strafer decided to take it upon himself to make sure all ship classes are named as close-to-be-right as possible. Take a look at the Gorns, for example. It's quite trendy.

So!

Main site:
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/

What's been done to this shiplist?
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/compare_from_3.2_to_3.3.txt

Actual model changes, tweaks.
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/models.html#model_tweaks

-- Luc  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2004, 08:50:43 pm »
Thank you Firesoul.

Much appreciated.

KF

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2004, 08:56:23 pm »
Great!!!  I love your work Firesoul.  I've been waiting for the next update.  

Rhaz

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2004, 09:04:06 pm »
Wow, in the middle of a move no less!  Thanks for the work and thanks Frey for the hosting.

Daew Anahos

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2004, 09:36:11 pm »
Dumb question time.  

I d/led the new ship list installer. 3.2 ins already installed via the OP enhancement pack.

How can I remove just the shiplist without uninstalling the whole pack?  

Or do I need to wait until the next OP enhancement pack is released with 3.3?

Thanks for tuning into dumb question time.    We now return you to your normal forum browsing.

Strafer

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2004, 10:02:01 pm »

FireSoul

« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2004, 10:21:31 pm »
Quote:

indeed.. you should be able to uninstall just OP+ from either the control panel, or from the SFC directory. The executable uninstaller is there.

Julin Eurthyr

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2004, 08:02:13 am »
Good job there...

Time to enjoy it more...

Daew Anahos

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2004, 01:21:08 pm »
Thanks!

I forgot totally about the control panel in my brain skip.  

Problem solved.

Thanks for all the hard work FS and good luck on the move!  

EDIT: Also forgot how to spell again.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 01:23:03 pm by Daew Anahos »

Crimmy

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2004, 06:41:07 pm »
Thank you FS....I finnally DL"d the modl pack......WOOT!

AH_Tze

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2004, 11:28:11 pm »
with work like this, even the redshirt forum-stalkers love you.

FireSoul

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2004, 11:51:41 am »
Could a kind moderator remove the sticky from the 3.2 thread and perhaps stick this one up in its stead?

NiHM

GZ Folk
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2004, 01:02:49 pm »

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

FireSoul

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2004, 01:11:36 pm »
Quote:

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?

Dogmatix!

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2004, 02:12:49 pm »
Awesome, Luc....Thanks!

<downloading now>

NiHM

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2004, 03:05:08 pm »
Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

FireSoul

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2004, 03:12:25 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

Interesting! .. heheh..  

Komodo

Problem
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2004, 07:04:15 pm »
Problem-

Scipio_66

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2004, 07:21:10 pm »

Hey, Firesoul:

-S'Cipio

Rogue

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2004, 09:16:42 pm »
FireSoul - Took the time to collect the 3.3 this evening. I'm a big fan of your project and wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work.

Each specification names a path to the model to be used for that specification. You can go about that in a few ways. If you go with replacing the models in question you will have to replace the model in each folder remembering to use the name of the .mod file in each folder to keep the path valid. You can do it that way or edit the shiplist for use with the models set you want to use.

Many of us use ShipEdit as the utility to rename the path for a given ship specification. I assume you are after a total conversion to a SFB style of model set. Either way you will have a job on your hands. However, many of us have done just that and get a big kick out of having the game play the model set we want. I'm on my third incarnation of this, myself.    

FireSoul

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2004, 09:19:54 pm »
Quote:

Hey, Firesoul:

-S'Cipio  

Like Rogue says, yes. But I'd like to add one specific thing:
I've left the Assets/Models/ folder alone and have the added models installed in opplus/assets/ instead. It's cleaner.

FireSoul

« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2004, 09:21:51 pm »
Quote:

Problem-

A quick questions: was opplus 3.2 or earlier still installed?

Komodo

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2004, 09:57:56 pm »
BTW- running Win98 here

FireSoul

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2004, 10:14:34 pm »
Quote:

BTW- running Win98 here

Strange. Perhaps whatever you have downloaded was cached and was giving you problems. *Shrug*

Scipio_66

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2004, 10:44:20 pm »
Quote:

-S'Cipio  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Scipio_66 »

Dizzy

« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2004, 01:37:42 am »
I wonder too because some testing for SG4 went straight to the desktop using 3.3 instead of 3.2 indicating there may be different folders altogether that are now either renamed or removed.

That presents the question of wether or not I will also have to do the same as scipio dreads.

FireSoul

« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2004, 07:47:33 am »
Quote:

Scipio_66

« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2004, 09:28:08 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Gotcha, thanks.

-S'Cipio  

FireSoul

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2004, 10:00:52 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gotcha, thanks.

-S'Cipio  

Let's see..

Code:

OPPLUS/MODELS/FCV/FCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FETG3P/FETG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCL-MIRANDA/FNCL-MIRANDA.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FSCV/FSCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FTG3P/FTG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FWD/FWD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LNSR3P/LNSR3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LTUG3P/LTUG3P.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/ZBC/ZBC.MOD

The following models have been added.
Code:

OPPLUS/MODELS/DCC/DCC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/DCCH/DCCH.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/DHDW/DHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCAD/FCAD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCVD/FCVD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FCVS/FCVS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDNL/FDNL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDW/FDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWD/FDWD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWS/FDWS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FDWV/FDWV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FEGSC/FEGSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FGSC/FGSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAC/FNAC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAE/FNAE.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNAL/FNAL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCD/FNCD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCL/FNCL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNCV/FNCV.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNDC/FNDC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNHS/FNHS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNSC/FNSC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNSR/FNSR.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNVL/FNVL.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FNVS/FNVS.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/FXFF/FXFF.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/GHBD/GHBD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/HHDD/HHDD.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/HHDW/HHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LCC/LCC.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LCCH/LCCH.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LDNE/LDNE.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LHDW/LHDW.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/LJGP/LJGP.MOD
OPPLUS/MODELS/ZBCH/ZBCH.MOD

FireSoul

« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2004, 10:02:41 am »

-- Luc

Scipio_66

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2004, 10:15:43 am »
Quote:

Let's see..

<snip>

Quote:

-S'Cipio

FireSoul

« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2004, 10:31:09 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Let's see..

<snip>

Quote:

-S'Cipio  

I don't think I would do much model work on them, if that's what you're asking..

Komodo

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2004, 07:21:15 pm »
OK- I think I figured it out. Got turning it over in my head why it wouldn't run. The answer- not enough memory to install! Sorry to bother.

FireSoul

« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2004, 08:04:58 pm »
Not enough....

Komodo

« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2004, 09:44:53 pm »
Quote:

Not enough....

FireSoul

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2004, 10:16:42 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Not enough....

Understood. Thanks for the report.

Bonk

« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2004, 10:31:14 pm »
I noticed a "File Copy Error" on uninstall in the details and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any on installation. Any ideas? (I can test it again on a clean OP install later this week if need be...or have you already with no errors showing and I definitely have a problem with my installation?)  

FireSoul

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2004, 10:34:50 pm »
Sounds like you've encountered a situation where one of the installed files may have been removed. *shrug*
It couldn't be restored.

Bonk

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2004, 10:58:51 pm »

zerosnark

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2004, 11:21:29 pm »
Firesoul;

I was eagerly awaiting this release, and I have been a great fan of your previous work.

You have my thanks!  

(saying more would be simply redundant!)

FireSoul

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2004, 11:32:13 pm »
Quote:

*smirk*  

LordSaxon

« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2004, 06:48:53 pm »
Thanks Firesoul, some of the models are truly awesome to behold. The only gripe I have is w/ the Klingon DXD series w/ their FA arcs for all 6 disruptors. Granted the arcs seem to be slighly expanded, but still rough when fighting plasma races.

Keep up the good work!

KBF LordSaxon

IndyShark

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2004, 11:53:06 am »
Firesoul, thanks  again for all of your hard work!

FireSoul

« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2004, 11:57:40 am »
You're welcome..
Here's hoping this gives some more bit of life to this game..

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2004, 04:50:27 pm »

FireSoul

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2004, 09:58:58 pm »
Quote:

Server's there, pinging and serving.

Bonk

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2004, 11:15:36 am »

FireSoul

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2004, 11:17:58 am »
Quote:

I don't know. Good questions.. Dunno if I'll try to find out tho.

Bonk

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2004, 11:41:14 am »

Quote:

Dunno if I'll try to find out tho.

I point this out as much for you as for me, since you put so much effort into the detail of OP+.
I suppose only seven ships are affected (?) (Z-XCA, Z-XCB, Z-XCF, Z-XBT, Z-XBTF, Z-XSB, Z-XSBF)
so its not really a big deal for such a long list of ships, but I fail to see why you would not want to
fix it if it is a problem. (If it's the work of looking into it, then I'll just get back to you once I confirm it,
I suppose, no sense duplicating the effort... a test in skirmish will probably not be a valid test to compare
to a D2 db so I'll have to wait until the Gravity Well is back into native X-ship production or bump it up there
again to find out...)

Edit: I was thinking about it and can see why you might not bother, if it doesn't affect anything
and they just don't show up then there isn't really a problem for your list I guess. Unfortunately
I'll have to evaluate this to avoid creating blobs that may end up crashing the serverkit...
...hmm currently my script will count all the DroMs on the ship, I suppose I can just go buy one
from your list on my webpage, log on the server and find out if it crashes or if all the drone racks are there!

well the stock list has the following ships with more than one DroM:
(Z-XFE, Z-XCA, Z-XCB, Z-XCF, Z-SBX) but I have no stock blobs to look at,
 my test above should be able to tell hopefully anyway...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 12:08:19 pm by Bonk »

FireSoul

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2004, 01:28:56 pm »
Yes, if it causes a crash, I'm interested.
However, so far, there hasn't been much evidence to the contrary.

Bonk

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2004, 02:01:07 pm »

FireSoul

« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2004, 02:34:52 pm »
Quote:

Keep in mind that the DroM enforces using its own type of drones, while the A, B, C, G, G racks use Type Is or IVs, at the player's choosing. Perhaps that's a clue to work from?

Bonk

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2004, 03:51:52 pm »
Ah, yes there's no choice... good thought, I'm going to manually edit my created Z-XCB storage blob to see if I can find what works for the DroM, I'll keep that in mind. I tested my "logically" created Z-XCB as is and it had all the DroMs it was supposed to but was short two DroCs and three DroBs though they are present in the blob where they would be in a non DroM ship that works... In my test flight of my created Z-XCB in Early, the MIRVS were slow which seemed odd but they worked. I'm going off topic on your thread here, I've got this all over the place now, I've got to keep it to one thread if I can make myself... thanks for the input.  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2004, 09:20:59 am »
Somebody move this thing to the D2 Exp area so people will see it rather than have to hunt for it.

Thanks

Hooch

FireSoul

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2004, 09:35:12 am »
In my opinion, it belongs here more than in the D2 area.

.. the D2 area should have its own sticky link to this.

-- Luc

CptCastrin

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2004, 04:30:22 pm »
Quote:

Now mirrored at SFCx:

http://www.sfcx.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

Sorry for the huge delay but **it happens.  

Great work as usualy FS ... your the only reason I still have OP installed.

l8r

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2004, 09:31:44 pm »

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2004, 09:48:21 pm »
Just wanted to say I've been a big fan of your shiplist, and am very happy with OP+ 3.3.

Keep up the good work FireSoul, your dedication is not unappreciated.

Merlin  

FireSoul

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2004, 09:59:21 am »
Quote:

1- my books are currently stored in boxes .. might be a while till I get to them to do anything.
2- what, no post in the appropriate corrections thread?

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=327182&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:00:08 am by FireSoul »

Jim

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2004, 01:45:53 pm »

Jim

kziti kat

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2004, 09:08:06 am »
Quote:

Jim  

my sentiments exactly  

Villa64

« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2004, 10:33:30 pm »
Hello all

I downloaded and installed 3.3, and the vessel library looks great.  The new ships also showed up in my single player campaign, which is also cool.  I am having a problem finding X-ships in the vessel library.  Uh, actually cant find any now, they are gone from the vessel library, and from the Skirmish select vessel menus.  What can I do?  Rut ro, Shaggy!

Thanks
Villa64  

Villa64

« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2004, 10:42:56 pm »
Hello again.

Thanks again
Villa  

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2004, 01:49:42 pm »
  My X -ships are showing up but the F-CX has the wrong arcs to it on the port and starboard phaser mounts thet should be llrx ans rrrx. I will check useing shipedit and post back later and yes. I have edited some of OP+3.3 aswell as 3.2 I have back them all and don't get up set FireSoul I really like your models Kudos.I would like to see the Federtion 3.2 Heavy Destroyers and NCLs used in 3.4.The Heavy Destroyers look a little more tougher but kudos and very <cool>I have Edited some Klingon and Federtion ships thats all and I would think you would like it.It is very cool it really makes me enjoy Orion Pirates even more than those original ships. Thanks Agian.  

FireSoul

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2004, 03:25:40 pm »
Quote:

Hello again.

Thanks again
Villa  

Do you mean X2(advanced) or X1(late) ships?
.. .. I really didn't do anything to those, so I dunno what to tell you.

Villa64

« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2004, 10:26:43 pm »

Thanks again
Villa

FireSoul

« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2004, 12:26:10 am »
Quote:

Thanks again
Villa  

Good call. Yes, try reinstalling.

FireSoul

« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2004, 09:57:41 am »
Quote:

My X -ships are showing up but the F-CX has the wrong arcs to it on the port and starboard phaser mounts thet should be llrx ans rrrx. I will check useing shipedit and post back later and yes.

I haven't had a chance to look yet: I forgot this weekend.

Quote:

I have edited some of OP+3.3 aswell as 3.2 I have back them all and don't get up set FireSoul I really like your models Kudos. I would like to see the Federtion 3.2 Heavy Destroyers and NCLs used in 3.4.

The models? I'm sure you can figure out how to plug in those old models where you want them. Feel free to do so.

Quote:

The Heavy Destroyers look a little more tougher but kudos and very <cool>I have Edited some Klingon and Federtion ships thats all and I would think you would like it.It is very cool it really makes me enjoy Orion Pirates even more than those original ships. Thanks Agian.    

Villa64

« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2004, 10:17:14 pm »
Hello again.

I uninstalled 3.3 and the problem went away.  I have looked at my Starfleet Command Orion Pirates folder and it appears that my patch is 2500-2525.  Several questions then:
I have this file: PATCHSFCOP-2500-2525.RTP.  Should I conclude that I am running 2525?  
Do I need to upgrade to 2552 prior to installing 3.3?  
If so do I need to uninstall 2525?
 I can find patches for 2500-2552, but none for 2525-2552.  If I need to uninstall 2525, how do I do it?

I think what threw me was the similarity between 2525 and 2552 (just had a mental tranposition there).  I was in a far away land last year and couldnt keep up with the updates.

Thanks again for your time
Villa

« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2004, 10:54:59 pm »
 Yes you need that patch 2552 for OP+3.3 if you go into the D2 forum and download V 2.0 you will have it plus OP+3.3 as well.The poster is Pestalence and follow all directions as he states in that post.The V2.0 is stickied to the top of the the forum and if you have 56K I would get getwright so you download it in parts and it help you DL aswell from being disconnected from the server that it is on you can get getright at www.getright.com I hope this helps you out.The D2 forum is called Dynaverse 2 GL and enjoy.  

FireSoul

« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2004, 10:16:28 am »

« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2004, 11:14:12 am »

FireSoul

« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2004, 11:21:32 am »
Quote:

Thing is, the enhancement pack comes with the 2500->2552 patch, specifically. That may not be the patch executable this person needs/wants, so I was being more to-the-point to his needs.

« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2004, 11:58:11 am »
  OK .It's just that Pestalence would like as many people to get the Enhacement Pack considering he takes a lot of time putting them together and I am like his agent trying to sell people in to it.He did do my sig. btw.This is reason why I am encourageing people to download it after all it is free.I hope you undertand know.  

Villa64

« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2004, 03:25:58 pm »
All right!

I was forced to patch incrementally and got all the way up to 2552, then 3.3.  I played on Gamespy until the wee hours of the morning and it was great.  New models look good, and its nice seeing a bunch of new ship types.  I'm still a little buggy (campaign mode causes the program to crash), but thats ok, when I get my OP disk back, I'll get a fresh start plus (Age) the enhancement pack.  Thanks all for the advice.  I'm having fun cuttin' starships into scrap metal again.

Villa

Strafer

« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2004, 03:52:32 pm »
Quote:

(campaign mode causes the program to crash)

Leftover savegames from an incompatible patch version. You'll need to delete your savegame profile and start a fresh campaign.

I forget the directory path for the savegames, unfortunately.

« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2004, 04:10:47 pm »
  Just don't forget to delete the game file and it stated in the instructions.The game file is C:programs file Taldren software delete the Taldrensoftware file and do fresh clean install of the game as well before down loading Enhacement Pack V2.0
 GL and enjoy  

Villa64

« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2004, 08:54:49 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

Thanks in advance
Villa

FireSoul

« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2004, 11:51:29 pm »
Quote:

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks in advance
Villa  

Manually .. by deleting all the files and folders/directories found in... uhh..
  C:\Program Files\Taldren Software Inc\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\MetaAssets\db

(that's if you installed in the default location)

Of course, try to keep the db/ directory for new campaigns and such!

-- Luc

Villa64

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2004, 05:15:54 pm »
Got it.  

Thanks for the info.  I know it sounds simple but I wanted advice from someone who knows what their doing before I started ripping files out of my favorite game.  Workee good now.

Thanks again
Villa

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2004, 06:45:21 pm »

Qapla!

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2004, 09:41:50 pm »
Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantial is released.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:48:52 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2004, 02:49:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

Best wishes,

KF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

FireSoul

« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2004, 03:49:59 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

Best wishes,

KF

Models-related non-shiplist problems can be fixed in such a way to be fully compatible with others of same version.. .. I haven't encountered that this time, yet?

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2007, 10:02:08 pm »
Please remove this posting above.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2007, 03:49:08 pm »
You mean this whole thread it is a classic why?

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2007, 03:55:42 pm »
You mean this whole thread it is a classic why?
Lepton is refering to the recent spam post that was posted in this thread recently, which has been removed from this thread.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline njareg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2008, 04:52:14 am »
Anyone know where I can the OP + 3.3 files? The site is no longer active

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2008, 06:04:05 am »
Actually the site is active, it's hosted by XenoCorp.

You can get the OP Plus files here:

ftp.dynaverse.net

:)

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14:09 pm »
Anyone know where I can the OP + 3.3 files? The site is no longer active
You would want to get OP+4.0 as this is no longer the current version.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2008, 08:39:54 pm »
OP+ v4.0 is the current release

Here is the thread on it

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163350701.0.html

Downloads are located

http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/OP_plusrefit/

Hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team