Topic: OP+ 3.3: released.  (Read 43488 times)

FireSoul

Re: OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2004, 11:32:13 pm »
Quote:

LOL - I'm such a dummy sometimes.... I had about forty application windows open when I changed over...
one of them I forgot about was the installed OP+3.3 shiplist open in excel! That would certainly explain the file copy error. <smacks head> So sorry, to have bothered you... pretty funny now though. Trying to do too many things at once.  

*smirk*  

LordSaxon

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2004, 06:48:53 pm »
Thanks Firesoul, some of the models are truly awesome to behold. The only gripe I have is w/ the Klingon DXD series w/ their FA arcs for all 6 disruptors. Granted the arcs seem to be slighly expanded, but still rough when fighting plasma races.

Keep up the good work!

KBF LordSaxon

IndyShark

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2004, 11:53:06 am »
Firesoul, thanks  again for all of your hard work!

FireSoul

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2004, 11:57:40 am »
You're welcome..
Here's hoping this gives some more bit of life to this game..

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2004, 04:50:27 pm »
Is there a problem with this? I can't download it.

FireSoul

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2004, 09:58:58 pm »
Quote:

Is there a problem with this? I can't download it.  

Server's there, pinging and serving.

Bonk

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2004, 11:15:36 am »
After playing 3.3 for a while I gotta say nice job on the _brk models. Its a subtle touch but makes more of a difference than you'd think!

By the way, how many DroM hardpoints are allowed on a ship/base? I found some interesting evidence  here.  Could you take a look into this to help me out? (Have I missed something?)  

FireSoul

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2004, 11:17:58 am »
Quote:

After playing 3.3 for a while I gotta say nice job on the _brk models. Its a subtle touch but makes more of a difference than you'd think!

By the way, how many DroM hardpoints are allowed on a ship/base? I found some interesting evidence  here.  Could you take a look into this to help me out? (Have I missed something?)  

I don't know. Good questions.. Dunno if I'll try to find out tho.

Bonk

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2004, 11:41:14 am »

Quote:

Dunno if I'll try to find out tho.

I point this out as much for you as for me, since you put so much effort into the detail of OP+.
I suppose only seven ships are affected (?) (Z-XCA, Z-XCB, Z-XCF, Z-XBT, Z-XBTF, Z-XSB, Z-XSBF)
so its not really a big deal for such a long list of ships, but I fail to see why you would not want to
fix it if it is a problem. (If it's the work of looking into it, then I'll just get back to you once I confirm it,
I suppose, no sense duplicating the effort... a test in skirmish will probably not be a valid test to compare
to a D2 db so I'll have to wait until the Gravity Well is back into native X-ship production or bump it up there
again to find out...)

Edit: I was thinking about it and can see why you might not bother, if it doesn't affect anything
and they just don't show up then there isn't really a problem for your list I guess. Unfortunately
I'll have to evaluate this to avoid creating blobs that may end up crashing the serverkit...
...hmm currently my script will count all the DroMs on the ship, I suppose I can just go buy one
from your list on my webpage, log on the server and find out if it crashes or if all the drone racks are there!

well the stock list has the following ships with more than one DroM:
(Z-XFE, Z-XCA, Z-XCB, Z-XCF, Z-SBX) but I have no stock blobs to look at,
 my test above should be able to tell hopefully anyway...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 12:08:19 pm by Bonk »

FireSoul

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2004, 01:28:56 pm »
Yes, if it causes a crash, I'm interested.
However, so far, there hasn't been much evidence to the contrary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

Bonk

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2004, 02:01:07 pm »
Correct, thats why I'm confused about the DroM in the storage blob,  it definitely behaves differently in the blob from what I can tell  so far, but I 'm not exactly sure how they're counted yet... if I put them in logically then the drone racks are all messed yet the native blobs have them partially absent and they seem to work... none of the other drones are like this but then the DroM is different... something else might be at play here...

Anyhoo, since the stock list has ships with multiple DroMs and it doesn't cause problems then I wouldn't worry about them in OP+ since there have been no reports about it either... I'm just stuck with the puzzle of how they are counted differently in the db...    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bonk »

FireSoul

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2004, 02:34:52 pm »
Quote:

Correct, thats why I'm confused about the DroM in the storage blob,  it definitely behaves differently in the blob from what I can tell  so far, but I 'm not exactly sure how they're counted yet... if I put them in logically then the drone racks are all messed yet the native blobs have them partially absent and they seem to work... none of the other drones are like this but then the DroM is different... something else might be at play here...

Anyhoo, since the stock list has ships with multiple DroMs and it doesn't cause problems then I wouldn't worry about them in OP+ since there have been no reports about it either... I'm just stuck with the puzzle of how they are counted differently in the db...    

Keep in mind that the DroM enforces using its own type of drones, while the A, B, C, G, G racks use Type Is or IVs, at the player's choosing. Perhaps that's a clue to work from?

Bonk

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2004, 03:51:52 pm »
Ah, yes there's no choice... good thought, I'm going to manually edit my created Z-XCB storage blob to see if I can find what works for the DroM, I'll keep that in mind. I tested my "logically" created Z-XCB as is and it had all the DroMs it was supposed to but was short two DroCs and three DroBs though they are present in the blob where they would be in a non DroM ship that works... In my test flight of my created Z-XCB in Early, the MIRVS were slow which seemed odd but they worked. I'm going off topic on your thread here, I've got this all over the place now, I've got to keep it to one thread if I can make myself... thanks for the input.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bonk »

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2004, 09:20:59 am »
Somebody move this thing to the D2 Exp area so people will see it rather than have to hunt for it.

Thanks

Hooch

FireSoul

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2004, 09:35:12 am »
In my opinion, it belongs here more than in the D2 area.

.. the D2 area should have its own sticky link to this.

-- Luc

CptCastrin

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2004, 04:30:22 pm »
Quote:

Download: ~50 mb:   http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_models.exe

Download no-models version:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_no_models.exe  

Now mirrored at SFCx:

http://www.sfcx.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

Sorry for the huge delay but **it happens.  

Great work as usualy FS ... your the only reason I still have OP installed.

l8r

The_Infiltrator

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2004, 09:31:44 pm »
I'd like to point out that the Liege+ has the wrong YFA.

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2004, 09:48:21 pm »
Just wanted to say I've been a big fan of your shiplist, and am very happy with OP+ 3.3.

Keep up the good work FireSoul, your dedication is not unappreciated.

Merlin  

FireSoul

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2004, 09:59:21 am »
Quote:

I'd like to point out that the Liege+ has the wrong YFA.  

1- my books are currently stored in boxes .. might be a while till I get to them to do anything.
2- what, no post in the appropriate corrections thread?

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=327182&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:00:08 am by FireSoul »

Jim

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2004, 01:45:53 pm »
Hey, nice job (as always!)  Thanks!

Jim