Topic: OP+ 3.3: released.  (Read 43540 times)

FireSoul

OP+ 3.3: released.
« on: May 16, 2004, 07:19:24 pm »
Hello folks..

.. sorry if this is going to be short. I am tired and smack in the middle of moving. I would, however, like to take a second to thank Frey for hosting the machine on which klingon.stasis.ca is now itself hosted on. Thanks, Frey. This means a lot not just to me.

It took about 4 months for me to do this. The vast majority of the work is models related. I actually released a lot of my own models in the process of reviewing the past contents. Basically, all ships have LODs.. that should reduce CPU load and jumpy games. ... And the parts that blow apart (when ships blow up) don't look empty in such a way you can see right through them. This is a huge polish-up folks. It's almost all visual goodies.

Also, ship classes names have been tweaked. Strafer decided to take it upon himself to make sure all ship classes are named as close-to-be-right as possible. Take a look at the Gorns, for example. It's quite trendy.

So!
Download: ~50 mb:   http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_models.exe

Download no-models version:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_no_models.exe

Main site:
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/

What's been done to this shiplist?
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/compare_from_3.2_to_3.3.txt

Actual model changes, tweaks.
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/models.html#model_tweaks

-- Luc  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

Re: OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 08:50:43 pm »
Thank you Firesoul.

Much appreciated.

KF

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 08:56:23 pm »
Great!!!  I love your work Firesoul.  I've been waiting for the next update.  

Rhaz

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 09:04:06 pm »
Wow, in the middle of a move no less!  Thanks for the work and thanks Frey for the hosting.

Daew Anahos

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 09:36:11 pm »
Dumb question time.  

I d/led the new ship list installer. 3.2 ins already installed via the OP enhancement pack.

How can I remove just the shiplist without uninstalling the whole pack?  

Or do I need to wait until the next OP enhancement pack is released with 3.3?

Thanks for tuning into dumb question time.    We now return you to your normal forum browsing.

Strafer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 10:02:01 pm »
AFAICT, Pesty's installer runs the individual installers themselves. Don't think it keeps track.

FireSoul

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 10:21:31 pm »
Quote:

AFAICT, Pesty's installer runs the individual installers themselves. Don't think it keeps track.  

indeed.. you should be able to uninstall just OP+ from either the control panel, or from the SFC directory. The executable uninstaller is there.

Julin Eurthyr

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 08:02:13 am »
Good job there...

Time to enjoy it more...

Daew Anahos

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 01:21:08 pm »
Thanks!

I forgot totally about the control panel in my brain skip.  

Problem solved.

Thanks for all the hard work FS and good luck on the move!  

EDIT: Also forgot how to spell again.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 01:23:03 pm by Daew Anahos »

Crimmy

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 06:41:07 pm »
Thank you FS....I finnally DL"d the modl pack......WOOT!

AH_Tze

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 11:28:11 pm »
with work like this, even the redshirt forum-stalkers love you.

FireSoul

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 11:51:41 am »
Could a kind moderator remove the sticky from the 3.2 thread and perhaps stick this one up in its stead?

NiHM

GZ Folk
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 01:02:49 pm »
If its any consolation Firesoul, on a community level the GZLeagues  players voted in your 3.3 OPPlus as the official league shiplist for Cycle 2.

So if any of us havent said it yet, Thanks a bunch!

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

FireSoul

Re: GZ Folk
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 01:11:36 pm »
Quote:

If its any consolation Firesoul, on a community level the GZLeagues  players voted in your 3.3 OPPlus as the official league shiplist for Cycle 2.

So if any of us havent said it yet, Thanks a bunch!

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?

Dogmatix!

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 02:12:49 pm »
Awesome, Luc....Thanks!

<downloading now>

NiHM

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 03:05:08 pm »
Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

Mid cycle 1-Vote came in to make 3.2 the official and update as you updated.
Cycle 1 was a playtest to see how 3.2 would take, and there were very few stock games played.

FireSoul

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 03:12:25 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

Mid cycle 1-Vote came in to make 3.2 the official and update as you updated.
Cycle 1 was a playtest to see how 3.2 would take, and there were very few stock games played.  

Interesting! .. heheh..  

Komodo

Problem
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 07:04:15 pm »
Problem-

I cannot install the models version of 3.3. I thought it may have been a bad DL yesterday, but had the same thing happen today...When I run the installer, it verifies the installer, runs the license agreement, but the "Install" button is dimmed and can't be engaged to install the files.

Scipio_66

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 07:21:10 pm »

Hey, Firesoul:

I clicked on your "shiplist changes" link, but I really don't know what all those messages mean.  So let me ask a (hopefully) simple quiestion:

Have there been changes in the total number of ship model folders?  I've been scouring the internet for SFB models, and am pleased with my results.  If I can, I'd like to just swap-out the shiplist, ftrlist, model size, and strings files.  But if I do that, will some ships be pointing to model folders that don't exist on my machine?

-S'Cipio

Rogue

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 09:16:42 pm »
FireSoul - Took the time to collect the 3.3 this evening. I'm a big fan of your project and wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work.

Scipio_66 - The answer to your question is yes. There is a difference in the in the way the model folders are set up for OP+. There are many new model folders envolved as OP+ uses a much larger number of models than the standard Taldren model set. What you will have to do is replace the models in those folders with the ones you want or edit the path in the Shiplist.

Each specification names a path to the model to be used for that specification. You can go about that in a few ways. If you go with replacing the models in question you will have to replace the model in each folder remembering to use the name of the .mod file in each folder to keep the path valid. You can do it that way or edit the shiplist for use with the models set you want to use.

Many of us use ShipEdit as the utility to rename the path for a given ship specification. I assume you are after a total conversion to a SFB style of model set. Either way you will have a job on your hands. However, many of us have done just that and get a big kick out of having the game play the model set we want. I'm on my third incarnation of this, myself.