Topic: The joys of kittens  (Read 7948 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
The joys of kittens
« on: June 27, 2004, 06:04:39 pm »
OK, so I was sitting here at the computer a few days ago, and my little kitten Saber as sitting curled up in a little ball, purring away, half asleep.  Occasionally he would stretch out, and paw at my arm as I typed and email.  I had stopped paying much attention to him, and he lay there when I felt the searing pain of his tiny sharp little teeth piercing through my jeans into my testicle.
Saber now knows how to fly.

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...
....And apparently Asian ladies as well...
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Rota

Ravok

Re: The joys of kittens
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 06:27:46 pm »
  :lol: Boy i bet you also felt like flying, When those teeth sunk into your Nad. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 06:30:42 pm »
yeah, the desk held me down from doin that though- mostly.  need a new keyboard stand now.
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Ravok

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 06:35:51 pm »
 :o :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have allways had and loved Cats. The good thing is that they settle down after a while.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 07:18:26 pm »

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline kmelew

• "From the Place of the Hops-Growers"
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 04:36:52 pm »
OK, so I was sitting here at the computer a few days ago, and my little kitten Saber as sitting curled up in a little ball, purring away, half asleep.  Occasionally he would stretch out, and paw at my arm as I typed and email.  I had stopped paying much attention to him, and he lay there when I felt the searing pain of his tiny sharp little teeth piercing through my jeans into my testicle.
Saber now knows how to fly.

But he got your attention, right?  Mission accomplished  ;D  :lol:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 09:34:15 pm by kmelew »
"I'm Kmelew, and I approve this post."

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 05:05:32 pm »
And the moral of the story is be sure to wear your cup while typing with a kitten on your lap.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

WWJKD - What Would Jim Kirk Do

I thank God I grew up in an age when a kid could still play with things that could put his eye out.

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 05:08:31 pm »
Oh yes, he certainly did.  The new policy is "no kitten on the lap"
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Ravok

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 05:22:47 pm »
 Wait until he discovers the game " Attack the thing moving under the covers" you will really get a purple heart then!!
 PS the greatest cat toy is the plastic ring you get from the top of milk cartons; I don't know what it is but every one i have ever seen thinks it is the greatest thing in the world to play with.
 give it a try. :)

Offline kmelew

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 08:09:18 pm »
Now we just need a "Poo" update from Stephen...  ;D

Offline Abfalter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 08:18:04 am »

And hence, the "cat-a-pult" was invented...

==========================
  Let us never forgot our gracious former 
  hosts at the Taldren Forums                 

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 09:53:33 am »
This morning when I got out of the shower and went back in the bedroom to roust my wife, I discovered our kitten pawing at the crack of the waterbed.  He's done it a few times before and been severely chastised but keeps doing it.  When I removed him from the bed I noticed some dampness on the side of the mattress.  At two holes we stopped counting and went for the hose to drain the bed.

We're not entirely certain what we're going to do about his claws, either removal or the claw covers.  But we do know that whatever action we take will start with his testicles and work out from there.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

I thank God I grew up in an age when a kid could still play with things that could put his eye out.

Offline kmelew

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 09:58:33 am »
We're not entirely certain what we're going to do about his claws, either removal or the claw covers.  But we do know that whatever action we take will start with his testicles and work out from there.

If you're going to get him de-clawed, make sure he stays an inside cat because he won't have much to defend himself if he goes outside.  As to the other thing, well, you want to get that done no matter what.  It won't be pleasant when he starts to mark his territory...

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 10:17:31 am »

If you're going to get him de-clawed, make sure he stays an inside cat because he won't have much to defend himself if he goes outside.  As to the other thing, well, you want to get that done no matter what.  It won't be pleasant when he starts to mark his territory...

He is an indoor cat but I'm leaning towards the covers vs the de-clawing cause that's pretty serious in my estimation.  As far as neutering him, that is definitely on our agenda.  Has been since we got him.  He just wasn't old enough then.  Now he is getting to the right age.

My daughter has a friend whose mom refuses to have her pets fixed.  So she's always trying to give away litters of puppies and kittens.  Did I say she's a fruitcake?
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 11:59:04 am »
This morning when I got out of the shower and went back in the bedroom to roust my wife, I discovered our kitten pawing at the crack of the waterbed.  He's done it a few times before and been severely chastised but keeps doing it.  When I removed him from the bed I noticed some dampness on the side of the mattress.  At two holes we stopped counting and went for the hose to drain the bed.

I too have a water bed...  I hope it doesn't go the way of the dodo as well. :'(
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Abfalter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 01:35:41 pm »

He is an indoor cat but I'm leaning towards the covers vs the de-clawing cause that's pretty serious in my estimation.  As far as neutering him, that is definitely on our agenda.  Has been since we got him.  He just wasn't old enough then.  Now he is getting to the right age.

My daughter has a friend whose mom refuses to have her pets fixed.  So she's always trying to give away litters of puppies and kittens.  Did I say she's a fruitcake?

My mom, not quite a fruitcake, loves to have puppies around so much that she started breeding Shiz Tsu's and selling them.   Had dozens of litters in the house over the years when I grew up (years ago!) and I can attest that there are very few things in life as fun as sitting on the floor and being attacked by a small pack of playful little puppies!

Let us never forgot our gracious former 
  hosts at the Taldren Forums                 

Offline Gambler

• Lt. Commander
  • Don't bet on it
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 04:02:47 pm »
There's a difference between breeding and selling puppies and kittens and having animals that just reproduce and you're stuck giving them away.
I'm a Man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 08:25:37 pm »

I too have a water bed...  I hope it doesn't go the way of the dodo as well. :'(

I have a waterbed too. Try and find a new mattress for it...or a replacement heater. Try ! Jezz I had to buy a second hand one when my first mattress I had been using since I was 18 sprung a leak. It's not because I like the damn bed, its because there aren't any water-bed stores around anymore.

I can't sleep on anything else..ive tried.

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline LongTooth

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 04:57:42 am »
Now you know why dogs are mans best friend ;D