Topic: constitution class images and a test  (Read 10256 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: constitution class images and a test
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2004, 02:06:36 pm »
what does karma +8/-4 mean?

As far as I know.. it means the 8 people have given you a thumbs up, and 4 a thumbs down.. how it works with the board here or if it means anything I haven't got a clue.. but I seriously doubt that it gets you voted off the island.  ;)

(edit: just found a thread where they sort of explain it)
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163345266.0.html

(second edit: under your name there's an Engage! and Belay That! and those are the things that give +/- karma.. I just found that out myself.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2004, 02:21:12 pm »
so from what i can tell 4 people didnt approve of my posts... LOL

fantastic, just like old times.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
Colossians 3:23

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2004, 02:24:48 pm »
-=shrug=- it happens.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2004, 02:31:53 pm »
so from what i can tell 4 people didnt approve of my posts... LOL
fantastic, just like old times.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  And hey, they could've just been giving you bad karma for making them spell "pneumonic"  ;)

I just don't worry about it.. some people give bad karma for fun, according to what I was reading in that thread...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2004, 04:53:59 pm »
I didnt give u bad karma, P81. ;) You and I have good history. But 6k polys is too much for most of the systems that play SCFOP right now. In a year from now, it may not be so bad... I have solved it tho. I took all the meshes only of all the FCA's peeps have done (Like 10+) and scrutinized them for detail, accuracy, and number of poly's in regarss to their frame rate. I then chose the best one that had the best characteristics of the three and then went back methodically pick and pulled textures that I thought looked the best. What I ended up with, P81, is something I doubt even your 6k poly connie will beat. ;) You are welcomed to try. :P

Tell u what. Since FCA's are a dime a dozen now, why not instead do something else? Like a really detailed 6k poly shuttlecraft? There arnt very many detailed shuttles. Imagine all the glitzy textures you could assign to all those vetices! When is the last time someone released a good shuttle? I cant remember...

Love ya,
Diz

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 05:05:13 pm »
well the thing is i dont even liek that one. its 2 years old. its boxy because iw as limited in polies. its really nto that good IMO.

i want to go berzerk. i want to spend like a month pumping detail into it. i dont even know if 6k polies is usable in sfc but for me its just the art.

i just want to push the envelope and see what i can do now. i have been modeleing everythgin but trek ships for around 2 years or so and now i want to open up the throttle and see what can be done.

make sense?

Never said don't do it. in fact I am waiting to see what you will release. I simply stated I would have been happy with that one because I would have been. Making models for this game is almost like a drug once you start it is hard to stop, so if you had released it you would be stuck here again for years! (well at least that seems to be the way it goes)

As I always stated about modelling and texturing:
Do what makes you happy and what you want to do, in the end you are the only one who has to be pleased with it, most of us will suck it up with a sponge and spit out the kitbashs to make us happy. The ones that can't will have to sit back and hope what they want is released, and ask if it can be done. These are also the same ones in my opinion that should not complain, because if they think it could be better then let them do it and show us how much better it can be.

No Rick as always make yourself happy with work first, as you are the only one who can decide for you. Also only do it for yourself if you don't want to do it then don't as it is not worth your time or life to do what you don't want to with out being paid for it. (if money is involved then its different)

As for Krama if I had over 50 posts I would give you a +1 just for being willing to make ships again. You more than likily got the -4 for coming back with out releasing anything but pictures, must be human nature to be negative.

anyways welcome back!
and as always I will patiently await your releases, as I really understand the work that goes into those things.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 05:07:35 pm »

As for Krama if I had over 50 posts I would give you a +1 just for being willing to make ships again. You more than likily got the -4 for coming back with out releasing anything but pictures, must be human nature to be negative.

lol

There ya go!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2004, 05:24:01 pm »
As far as shuttles go, in my upcoming server SG4, there will be an extensive selection of SFB ftrs. As a result, the SGODev team is planning an installer that creates new ftr and shuttle folders for all the races.

For the Feds, I can see a need for about 5 or so different types of ftrs that need to be distinctive for visual CnC confirmation checks.

It's all quite exciting to think of it all!

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2004, 07:50:12 pm »
heres the thing, ill tell u all what i told dizzy provately. i havent touched a trek ship in YEARS. the connie has always been my "bereometer" so to speak. i will make one weather tis released or not. i always have iand i suspect i always will. if someone here wishes to have a crack at converting it i will provide bump maps, specualr maps and illumination maps. it shdoul eb compatiable w. just abotu any game (i hope)

but i appreciate that i gpot my start here which is why i have made a flyby to present my next work. i dont have alot of time to do models at home since i do them all day at work.

as for negative karma im not too suprised. its been mye xperiance that i cannot personally make eveyrone happy. i have given up trying :)
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2004, 08:37:55 pm »
Gee, Rick, take heart!

Maybe it's only one deranged poster toggling your switch four times!

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2004, 08:39:23 pm »
lol, its ok. im not upset.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2004, 08:48:58 pm »
I dont know why it is, nut for me, everytime you drop by the forums, P81, it is bittersweet...

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2004, 09:22:12 pm »
I dont know why it is, nut for me, everytime you drop by the forums, P81, it is bittersweet...

not sure what to make of that...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2004, 10:19:43 pm »
er *but for me... not nut, heh

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2004, 11:32:19 pm »
To Karma is not the reason I am here it was to see old friends and to put out ships when I can.

If you do Rick or Don't it is fine by me just nice to see you around again. As for anything else the saying you can never go home again always seems to come true, because it is never the same as you remember.

So either way it goes it was nice to see you again.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2004, 05:39:04 am »
But still............................. Awsome work on that ship man...... Way cool... Im sure you must be pro...  ???

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2004, 01:26:24 pm »
But still............................. Awsome work on that ship man...... Way cool... Im sure you must be pro...  ???

Absolutely he is.. he's contributed ships to the SFC series, Armada II, and several other on the shelf games.  Rick Knox (or more commonly, p81 or pneumonic81), has probably the distinction of having the most kitbashes, retextures, and textures adapted to other ships.  And his Trek stuff is in (that I've seen personally) Homeworld, Bridge Commander, Armada, SFC, VegaStrike, and probably a lot more platforms that I've not seen yet.  :)

He's definitely pro.. :)

Offline Rogue

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2004, 02:31:36 pm »
Karma, schmarma. Likely there are a couple of people that resent you being so well received here. I bet you it sticks in their craw that the core group of fan modelers like yourself and Atrahasis were treated a little differently because of all the work you shared with your fellow SFC fans. Well gee... I guess we are a little fanatical about the game and if people like yourself, Atra, Cleeve, Moonraker, Wicked Zombie, Anduril... (let's pretend like this list goes on for a while) make a wide assortment of eye candy for The Game then it kinda follows that there will expresions of appreciation. I did it as did many others. The short of it is you and the others made Starfleet Command a lot more fun to play.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by your project and think it to be good to see you on the boards again. It seems to me that you always teated people well and should be treated well in kind.

For sake of curiosity, what ever became of that Phobos model you had depicted at Frost Works? It was a ubangy looking model that one just has to have if at all possible. Did that get sold to a game or is there a way it could be ported into SFC? Sorry for the distraction but gosh I liked it. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2004, 07:11:08 am »
heres the thing, ill tell u all what i told dizzy provately. i havent touched a trek ship in YEARS. the connie has always been my "bereometer" so to speak. i will make one weather tis released or not. i always have iand i suspect i always will. if someone here wishes to have a crack at converting it i will provide bump maps, specualr maps and illumination maps. it shdoul eb compatiable w. just abotu any game (i hope)

but i appreciate that i gpot my start here which is why i have made a flyby to present my next work. i dont have alot of time to do models at home since i do them all day at work.

as for negative karma im not too suprised. its been mye xperiance that i cannot personally make eveyrone happy. i have given up trying :)

Look Rick, people in my country used to say: "There was no such man born who would make everyone happy". ;D In such situations try to remember those people to whom you are most worthy.  :) Then you will have a chance to forget about those who wish you from their hatered. I have given you +3 karma points which in my opinion you have deserved for.  ;)  BTW If You had time in the future You would make a great Prometheus class. She would be as great as you Sovereign a couple of yoears ago (this is my silent wish - a good wish but only wish).  ;D

BTW Rogue I am not Ricks Fanatic and I do not behave in a fanatical way. I am just so kind. Gosh I was born with it  :-[ :-\
And Guys he should really reconsider to change his nickname to a "Halley" comet. While he enters Taldrenites orbit he make a real show here. No matter what kind of show ;D  :notworthy: :dance:

:woot:
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2004, 05:05:48 pm »
wow sop he is pro and he has a fan base.... rofl.... you do great clean top notch work man.... you are an insperation and you are setting a tough benchmark ;D