Topic: constitution class images and a test  (Read 10281 times)

Offline NannerSlug

• Master of the "Magic Photon"
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • SFC3.Net
Re: constitution class images and a test
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2004, 06:51:11 pm »
lol Rick, look at my karma.

Drive on.

Rick, most of the ships in the generations at war are kbs of your ships in some way, fashion or form. that says a lot. You left a legacy.

WZ, Joker, Moonraker, DD, Stress puppy, Atrahasis and Lord Schulpt have also left us quite an extensive legacy. Whether or not Atheorhaven knows it, he has quite a legacy as well.

Truth is, without you guys, things would have died long ago. That does not belittle any of the other modelers out there. These are just the guys who laid the ground work.
"A Republican thinks every day is July 4th. A Democrat thinks every day is April 15th." - Ronald Reagan

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2004, 07:17:55 pm »
lol Rick, look at my karma.

Drive on.

Rick, most of the ships in the generations at war are kbs of your ships in some way, fashion or form. that says a lot. You left a legacy.

WZ, Joker, Moonraker, DD, Stress puppy, Atrahasis and Lord Schulpt have also left us quite an extensive legacy. Whether or not Atheorhaven knows it, he has quite a legacy as well.

Truth is, without you guys, things would have died long ago. That does not belittle any of the other modelers out there. These are just the guys who laid the ground work.

this is one time I agree totally with my son on an issue  !!

I guess that was I posted what I did about the P2P stuff..  Nothing wrong in and of itself..  but without the input, and inspiration of the modelers here ..  (and at the Taldren forums in days gone past) ..  all of this would have been done a long time ago.

The rest of us who do sketches, and bash ideas to conjure up new ship ideas owe a lot of thanks to folk like P-81 and a host of others who have kept the "dream" alive !!
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2004, 10:09:08 pm »
Let me throw my $0.02 USD into the fire and agree with all of you who said as a group we need to grow up.

But I want to say too that in my opinion, some of those who like to cause fractures may not really be a part of this particular community, even if they're part of a larger gaming or Star Trek or soapboxing community.

I hope anyone who wanders in here will feel welcome.

You modelers are amazing... except, yuck... what that in your beak, Ol' Buzzard?  A bloody, limp D-7??  Ewww!  I'm telling on you to the KADC (Klingon Anti Defamation Cadre).

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2004, 10:27:26 pm »
we all grow up some sooner then others botothers will do so much damage before they do that to me it relay doesn't seem to be worth the trouble and believe me wen i say i have seen a lot of it be it on this forum be it on another be it on the streets from pepole that are poshing 40-50 and to tell the truth i resent it to the point of sickness that doesn't seem to go away in which case we all need to look beyond our selfs in one way or another to see what is or may be possible to achieve if we do so and at the right time we will achieve that which we all strive for be it different for every singel one of us or be it the singular dream that all feel and strive for but can not expres in any language

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2004, 10:28:32 pm »

You modelers are amazing... except, yuck... what that in your beak, Ol' Buzzard?  A bloody, limp D-7??  Ewww!  I'm telling on you to the KADC (Klingon Anti Defamation Cadre).

SHHHHH  !!!!  I STAY in eough hot water as it is !!!

;D ;D
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2004, 11:10:41 pm »
thats the spirit!!
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
Colossians 3:23

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2004, 11:28:50 pm »
Ah, Core!

Very deep, passionate thought there.  See, you understand!  But as you said, not everyone grows up at the same time.  It's worth the wait.

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2004, 06:07:54 am »
and some grow up to late for every one involved... a hell how cares this is karma we're talking abut its not as if some one comes up to  any of us spits in our faces or with a knife and stabs us one by one so how cares right lets just get back to the task at hand ... seeing the Constitution that is to be realised

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/

Offline Rogue

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2004, 12:31:11 pm »
Hey! I just got the karma vote. I went looking to pass out some positive karma to some likely contributers. It may not change a darn thing but it's an answer to mister negative karma man. We know who you are. Better a hand up than a put down.

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2004, 01:07:26 pm »
I love it! I really like how you illuminated the ship. Very cool. I can't wait to see the update

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2004, 01:34:45 pm »
    Yes. This is still one of the Best models around great work and I am glad for it. :thumbsup:

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2004, 06:24:07 pm »
P81, you have a lot of work ahead of you.  Have you seen WZ's Constitution?  Good enough for a movie.  Your ships do seem to be more artistic though.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2004, 08:55:53 pm »
P81, you have a lot of work ahead of you.  Have you seen WZ's Constitution?  Good enough for a movie.  Your ships do seem to be more artistic though.

im nto competeing with anyone. im making my own deal :)
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2004, 10:42:19 pm »
One thing most of you must remember is Ricks work is 3-4 years old for the stuff you see kitbashed. He also listened to most of us and made them low poly for our older machines, so we could run many models. Wicked work is definitly beautiful but allot of people can not run as many of those ships as they can of Ricks. Also have you seen the ones he released last year that got ported over to this game? they look really nice and are higher poly than the stuff you normally see kitbashed here.

You want a model that can pass the movie test look at Khalibans 1701, at 10,000 polies it looked like the real thing in game. He did excellent texture work that covered areas to keep the polies down some.

All of the modlers here can easily make beautiful ships the problem is how do you make them low poly? Rick was very good at that, and he doesn't have to anymore as with all of us running a better OS now and with Newer systems this should be less of a issue than it was in the past.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline pneumonic81

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2004, 09:42:12 am »
One thing most of you must remember is Ricks work is 3-4 years old for the stuff you see kitbashed. He also listened to most of us and made them low poly for our older machines, so we could run many models. Wicked work is definitly beautiful but allot of people can not run as many of those ships as they can of Ricks. Also have you seen the ones he released last year that got ported over to this game? they look really nice and are higher poly than the stuff you normally see kitbashed here.

You want a model that can pass the movie test look at Khalibans 1701, at 10,000 polies it looked like the real thing in game. He did excellent texture work that covered areas to keep the polies down some.

All of the modlers here can easily make beautiful ships the problem is how do you make them low poly? Rick was very good at that, and he doesn't have to anymore as with all of us running a better OS now and with Newer systems this should be less of a issue than it was in the past.

keep in mind im only going to 6000 polies if that. there are a few things i want to accomplish w. this ship and for that i need polies :)

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2004, 08:11:38 am »
I am still here - jutst upgrading my PC with new graphics adapter to make this undergoing new Connie running fast  ;D
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)