Topic: For all our veterans  (Read 736 times)

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
For all our veterans
« on: September 27, 2004, 05:23:16 pm »
Just an FYI, we are getting a new I.D. card in Oct. so you may want visit your local VA facility and get your I.D. I saw a pic of it in Austin, it looks much more "official Federal I.D. than our current ones.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
Re: For all our veterans
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 05:23:10 am »
Thanks dude...always good to keep informed

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 06:35:42 am »
Link to pictures?

This sucks, I just got mine dependant ID card (to get onto bases and such) done this past summer. It's good till like 2007, but NO now I need to get it done AGAIN! lol
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 09:10:51 am »
No Ice, as a military dependant you get a different I.D. which is like active duty or retiree I.D.s. The Dept. of VA has their own I.D. that vets can get when they get out, in my case only 7 years of service but I am NOT eligible for the retiree I.D. People like Strom and Capt. Mike are eligible for the military retiree I.D. AND the Dept. of VA I.D.

So no worries my friend, you are squared away!  8)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 05:46:00 pm »
Thanks for the Update Jack, I had sent out for a copy of my DD214's A few days before I went on Vacation, so the timing Could not be any Better.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 06:48:02 am »
Ah! thanks! I understood it as the military in general was getting new ID's. I'll read more closely next time thanks!
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu