Topic: SFB-OP lives!  (Read 55032 times)

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
Re: SFB-OP lives!
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2004, 06:03:19 am »
LOL Great game Bonk, but you didn't exactly "catch us" as we called you in to test whether Tholians would draft as allies or enemies and called you to a hex to test it........ ;)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2004, 06:09:37 am »
GAWD!!!!  I didn't know those ships had that many rear firing phasers :o

GG there Bonk!!!  That was fun. :gg:

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2004, 09:01:47 am »
LOL Great game Bonk, but you didn't exactly "catch us" as we called you in to test whether Tholians would draft as allies or enemies and called you to a hex to test it........ ;)

Hehe, OK, so I added a little drama. Party pooper!  :P

el-Karnak

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2004, 09:35:12 am »
- Andromedan "Deep Scan" will simulate displacement and Tholian tractor will simulate the web snare on Enemy Sweep Patrol. (as incentive to fly Thol or Andro)

You want this in all the EEK missions?

I wouldn't mind having a set like that to use with this mod, thanks for offering. Not critical tho, I intended only to update the missions installer for this server if we get the last few kinks out of 2.21.

No one ever uses the pirate races anymore so I am just gonna standardize the Prime cartel to be Andro and Korgath to be Tholian in the EEK mission pack.  Any other GAW shiplist designers will just have to change the races they use for Andro/Thol to the SFB-OP model.

As for fixing the other kinks. My interest in SFC-OP goes to NIL if the ISC is not involved so given the current dyna choices it's simply not worth the programming/analysis effort for me anymore.

To think that ISC has not been available on a good dyna since SS2 is a real royal community screw-up, IMHO, which makes me very angry and disappointed and disillusioned and at the end of my patience rope.  No ifs, buts or ands about that.  :cuss:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 09:45:23 am by el-Karnak »

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2004, 01:20:15 pm »
NOTE:  Karnak's Planetary Defense draws out of era AI, and needs to be fixed or pulled.  Got a KCR SPA etc in early..... >:(

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2004, 01:58:04 pm »
NOTE:  Karnak's Planetary Defense draws out of era AI, and needs to be fixed or pulled.  Got a KCR SPA etc in early..... >:(

Thanks for the note Chuut. I'll pull that tonight. I think the Planetary Assault may have to go too... (edit: I won't get to this till tomorrow but its not a mandatory so you should be ok...)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 02:51:23 am by Bonk »

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2004, 09:31:44 pm »
Hey Bonk, when I ran the uninstall it didn't restore my previous shiplist/fighterlist. Was it supposed to?
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2004, 02:32:14 am »
Hey Bonk, when I ran the uninstall it didn't restore my previous shiplist/fighterlist. Was it supposed to?

It will restore whatever shiplist and fighterlist, strings and textures you had when you installed SFB-OP, I have swapped between it and OP+ many times no problem. I used to include stock files in my installer to restore on uninstall, but because of download size pressure I went with the strategy of backing up whatever shiplist was present when SFB-OP is installed. It is possible if you install SFB-OP over itself, without first uninstalling, it will back up the current shiplist to restore, which is the sfb-op shiplist... All my installers now check to see if the mod is already installed and refuse to install if it is already present or if a previous version is present. I apologise for not thinking to include this in SFB-OP-04, it will be in the next version, so that you cannot accidentially install it over itself, thus backing up the mod for restoration instead of previous files. It sounds like this is what you have done.

Let me know if you need any stock/OP+ files, I can zip em up and pass em on. (edit: a set of stock files to restore from sfb-op is attached below - my current installer created backup folder...)

Also, for reference, the NSIS installer scripts for SFB-OP and the newer KCW installer (with over-installation protection) are attached for comparison.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 03:03:25 am by Bonk »

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2004, 06:51:09 am »
Yeah, I only installed it once, and had OP+ previous, but when I ran the uninstall it still has the SFB-OP shiplist/ftrlist in the spec dir. Weird. Not sure if it matters, but I choose to keep a copy of the Models and whatever the second prompt asked if you wanted to keep.

No big deal, as I can just copy the OP+ files in manually, just thought it strange. I'll try the install uninstall agian latr today and let you know if it works better. Thanks.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2004, 07:15:16 am »
Interesting setup Bonk, take yet another bow.

One bothersome Shiplist entry, the WVL...2 X Plasma R on a Single Hard Point ACK!!!...no flexibility...
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2004, 07:37:53 am »
Yeah, I only installed it once, and had OP+ previous, but when I ran the uninstall it still has the SFB-OP shiplist/ftrlist in the spec dir. Weird. Not sure if it matters, but I choose to keep a copy of the Models and whatever the second prompt asked if you wanted to keep.

No big deal, as I can just copy the OP+ files in manually, just thought it strange. I'll try the install uninstall agian latr today and let you know if it works better. Thanks.

The other thing that can cause this is having the shiplist open in say excel while uninstalling... (I did that uninstalling OP+ once it and gave the same effect, took me a while to figure it out.)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2004, 07:39:14 am »

One bothersome Shiplist entry, the WVL...2 X Plasma R on a Single Hard Point ACK!!!...no flexibility...

Thanks RazalYllib, there are some hardpoint issues remaining on this list. I'll look at that one.

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2004, 01:21:33 pm »

Thanks RazalYllib, there are some hardpoint issues remaining on this list. I'll look at that one.

Oh, and the WVL isn't appearing in the yards :(
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2004, 01:51:13 pm »

Oh, and the WVL isn't appearing in the yards :(

And it won't until Sunday between 12 and 4 PM ADT (see the OoB note at beginning of thread).

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2004, 05:43:25 pm »
Still having a Blast......and getting Blasted ;D

Found just a few Hickups last night.

1. Planet Def.  Still drawing out of era ships......Early for us, Late for Attackers.

2. Rom Falcon Maulers doing double shots

3. During a Starbase assalt we found that the DefSats were hitting us at range 23 to 25 with full damage from Ph-2s

4. This may be because of the Cartel set up. Tried to hit some ISC bases, and pulled Rom bases

Great Set up Bonk :thumbsup:

Wish I took a Screen shot of when Chuuts 24 fighters collided with a Rom Battle Stations fighter wing, Oh the carnage that ensued was something else to behold ;D

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2004, 06:44:52 pm »
Thnks for the feedback.

1. Planet Def. Still drawing out of era ships......Early for us, Late for Attackers.

I'm pulling the EEK planet assault and defense tonight.

2. Rom Falcon Maulers doing double shots
3. During a Starbase assalt we found that the DefSats were hitting us at range 23 to 25 with full damage from Ph-2s

Can't seem to find a reason for either in the shiplist, is it one mission/author in particular? Sounds like legendary weapons officers are in there somewhere. Was it in ED, EEK or stock missions? (Karnak, any legendary weapons officers in 2.1?)

4. This may be because of the Cartel set up. Tried to hit some ISC bases, and pulled Rom bases

Were you flying as a Cartel or Empire? Which missions?
(sorry to respond with more questions, lol...)

Wish I took a Screen shot of when Chuuts 24 fighters collided with a Rom Battle Stations fighter wing, Oh the carnage that ensued was something else to behold ;D

That is what I love about this mod, the battles can get really haywire.  ;D

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2004, 08:20:54 pm »
Think somethings wrong with your server setup
I lost a match against Soreyes.

That can't be right.

On another note.
No matter how many times I've had a ship fly up to me, tractor me, and launch drone after drone into me I never learn...
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2004, 08:51:45 pm »
. Rom Falcon Maulers doing double shots

Can't seem to find a reason for either in the shiplist, is it one mission/author in particular? Sounds like legendary weapons officers are in there somewhere. Was it in ED, EEK or stock missions? (Karnak, any legendary weapons officers in 2.1?)

It was during a EEK Starbase Assult. I believe you might be right about the Legendary wepons officers. it was only during this mission that I noticed this.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2004, 02:37:57 am »
BUMP just for easy reference.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2004, 10:31:17 pm »
Back to the top........ So we can find the web map ;D