Topic: Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius  (Read 14555 times)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« on: December 01, 2004, 04:09:59 pm »
I figure this ship to be in Late TMP era...like X-tech or something
Enjoy:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 05:08:27 pm by Azel »
All Things End

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Re: Terran Empire Subjucator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 04:20:38 pm »
Looks Great!
The slightly more "angled" ook gives it a more menacing aura (imho anyway)
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:33:23 pm »
looks like a bridge between the excelcior and the ambassador classes.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 05:08:32 pm »
Yep..... A1 That  ;D

awsomeness  ;)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 05:33:37 pm »
Azel  ...  looks like you've dont it again (like that's a big suprize !)

This is a VERY viable "X" class .. late TMP ..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline WillDecker

• Commander of the U.S.S. Khambatta NCC-7101
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:54:37 pm »
Hey Azel I like the ship :-) I was wondering if you could be able to help me flesh out a design for a ship I have been working on  :)
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 06:00:31 pm »
THANKS MATES!!
Hey Azel I like the ship :-) I was wondering if you could be able to help me flesh out a design for a ship I have been working on  :)
sure mate...email me (Odontotyrannus@aol.com)what you have...or IM me
All Things End

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 07:12:25 pm »
OK, where's the rest of the views? Can't expect someone to model her *cough* with just one view. ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 07:29:57 pm »
Normally I like your designs, and I would this given suspension of belief... The design itself is beautiful, but... Not continuative, at least in my opinion (if the Terran Empire still existed in the 24th century).  Officially there is no more Terran Empire/UEP in the Mirror Universe and things have gotten a little less mirror-ish in the Mirror Universe... That's probably why I strayed away from canon interest in that area, as well as in others.  I like the idea of what the Terran Empire/UEP (United Empire of Planets) would be like in the 2360s in a TNG novel called "Dark Mirror" (a ten-or-eleven-year-old novel) that showed a dying UEP and how it's desperately preserving itself (I won't spoil much, but I think laws of physics were payed closer attention, such as how the UEP's plans were carefully planned around the idea that if they just jump to our universe, the addition of so much more energy and mass, and decrease in their own, although could (unsure of that) be adjusted for, would be devistating in local space due to distortions and anomolies that would result in the unbalance of mass and energy, something from which you don't see in most time or Alternate Universe stories.

I also liked the idea of having the universes have subtle changes, but not much.  While I believe the UEP is more war-like than the UFP, I don't believe they would have drastically-different starships, which is why I don't think the design would be plausable unless the UFP had one similar to this.  And although like this, the Sovereign-class history on how it was designed and built is non-canon, I still don't like how it semi-mirrors the story of the development of the Galaxy-class Starship's development as being slowly built in similar a way.  I figured like most FC ships that the Sovvie was a more-recent design that was drawn at least in the 2350s and built and released in the decade or two after, near the end of the 2360s...
The point in this being that I'm not real fond of the top of the warp nacelle being too Sovereign-esque (as well as the top of the secondary-hull), yet hypothesize your reply of being developed based on technology that was slowly developed and applied to the Sovereign-class development project.

However, if I shrug off all that fan-based stuff off my head and allow a suspension of disbelief for a second, I think I can enjoy this design, it is very nice.  Aside from the top of the nacelles and secondary hull being Sovereign-based, I see design lineages from the Excelsior-class, Ambassador-class, and the Constitution-class, with more of the configuation of the latter class of ship.  I really like it.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 07:54:23 pm »
Aye in the late 24th, Terran Empire is gone canonically anyway...but this ship is late TMP, which by that time logically the Terran Empire would still be around (if not involved in the very war that would lead to their downfall)
as for the secondary hull shape, aye it aludes towards a sovie(closest they would probably get to it...lol) but believe it or not the
Nacelles are based off of my Honor-class, USS James T. Kirk and not the Sovie...I just added the Excelsior-esq dorsal vents to add  some character and keep some lineage
the "hump" in the front of the nacelle actually houses a canon that is fed power directly from the warp plasma
So its more coincidence rather than intention for the Sovie-esq look...sorta convergent evolution :)

But I am glad you can find a place for her in your eyes :)

Sandman:
I may produce more views...but I am not sure
All Things End

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 08:12:17 pm »
I want it !!!!!!! Please someone put this on a list of ships to do.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 10:33:09 pm »
There's also no reason to think that there is only one "Mirror Universe". The TNG episode "Parallels" showed that there were an infinite number of universes/diverging timelines that spurned from every possible outcome and version of a particular event. The Terran Empire may not exist in the originally encountered Mirror Universe, but there could easily be other dimensions where the Empire continued onward for at least a few more centuries.

Mirror Spock suspected the Empire, like most dictatorships, would eventually fall within a few hundred years. Perhaps the later era ships could reflect that, much like how the Soviet Union's nuclear submarines were powerful but ultimately rushed and flawed in their construction.

It may be true that the Empire's ships would vary little with the Federation version, but what's the point in designing a ship that looks just like "our" universe's? There's no originality or challenge in just altering a few details and changing it to "I.S.S. Whateverprise". The Terrans are conquerors and warlords and their ships should reflect that. Let the pansy Federation explore the galaxy in their Connies and Mirandas while the Empire takes it's armored warships into battle.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 10:48:31 pm »
There's no originality or challenge in just altering a few details and changing it to "I.S.S. Whateverprise".

Someone should really put that quote on a website somewhere...that rules. lol. *ducks*

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 09:25:16 am »
Subjucator, the name itself kicks ass, not to mention the ship!

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 03:58:35 pm »
Subjucator, the name itself kicks ass, not to mention the ship!
LOL
Thanks mates but I screwed up on the Name.... It's supposed to be "Subjugator" not "Subjucator" as I erroneously posted...Thanks to E_look for the correction
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 04:50:20 pm »
It may be true that the Empire's ships would vary little with the Federation version, but what's the point in designing a ship that looks just like "our" universe's?

Who's to say that said built designs were actually out of coincidence?  Could you explain why the Terran Empire ships circa 2267/68 are suprisingly almost exactly like our own, with only subtle changes?  I don't believe the Terran Empire had been spying on us in some technobabble way and built ships similar to ours.  While I would believe the Terran Empire ships might have some different ships from the UFP's, I wouldn't believe there would be much of any. 
Have you read the TNG novel "Dark Mirror"?  The I.S.S. Enterprise-D looked remarkably like ours, except a much-darker grey color, a more "frowned" look on the dorsal saucer, a more-swept version of the nacelle pylons and nacelles, and a bigger secondary hull, looking more like a ship sweeping down on its prey, and while basically similar to the Galaxy-class of the UFP's, is incredibly faster and more-powerful.  While their class of ships are coincidentially similar (hence the term "Mirror Universe") to the U.F.P.'s, appearences can be decieving, and although it becomes less deceiving in the said TNG novel, the point stands.

Also, if the Terran Empire should engage the Federation, it would be a unique battle that should mostly be by strange technology and close-quarters combat, nothing on a ship-to-ship basis ultimately, unless you want something very-strange happening to your universe and killing off many lives in a very-strange "temporal" way.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
Re: Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 10:35:15 pm »
I can easily explain why Terran Empire ships look just like our own - TOS budget. The only Terran Empire ship ever shown was the I.S.S. Enterprise and the registry for it wasn't even seen on-screen. They couldn't even spare the resources to design a new ship, resorting to the 'flying pinwheel' effects for most vessels. So naturally, they weren't going to make even the slightest change to the Enterprise model to reflect the 'same-but-oddly-different universe'.

This is all pointless debate anyway. If you think the Imperials would have identical ships, fine, slap an ISS on the hulls and send them on their way. As for me, I happen to think they would at least make some changes to the designs to reflect their warlike mentality, if not have completely original ships in their fleet.
DRS Forums

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 10:46:03 pm »
I didn't truely mean exactly the same, but what I interpreted on your side of the debate was that they could have drastically different ships both in appearence and in function.  What I was trying to point out was that although they could be different, it would mostly be internally on the ship and some changes to the outside appearence, like the aforementioned description of the I.S.S. Enterprise-D of the aformentioned TNG model...  I wouldn't think they would have giant big gargantuan battleships to reign destruction in it... Well, maybe in an alternate reality of the Mirror Universe's own, but the universe in question had nearly-identical ships for the most part.  I'm sure there would be subtle changes on the outside and inside the vessel, but not extensive enough to be contrast from the basic design of the Constitution-class, to which both Enterprises are (though probably not by name).

Even though I'm posting all that above, I guess I might agree with you WZ on the pointlessness of the debate.  I guess I got into it a bit too much.  I apologize for any annoyances or unnecessary infuriating.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 12:54:57 am »
There's nothing infuriating here. I was just simply pointing out that, regardless of whether or not the Empire would use identical ships, it'd be wasteful to just rename one to I.S.S. Especially if you can create an original, unique design for the Terrans to use and to set them apart from the Federation side.
DRS Forums

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 12:35:54 pm »
Good points all
But i agree that the mirror universe ships would not be identicle as different situations would create a different outcome
a ship of war would not look like a ship of peace(unless intentinally...lol ). if the Federation was a Conquering orginization
rather than space exploration...their primary design applications would totally be different...they would be harder ships
with harsher enviornments inside...they would be larger ships for the most part as to be able to carry more weapons
and troops...Its not hard to picture humans as conquerors and tyrants...its happened and still happens so the Terran
Empire is taking the worst aspects of humanity and is exploiting them rather than the regular universe which tries to
exploite the better/best side of it.
All Things End