Topic: Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius  (Read 14552 times)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
Re: Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 03:29:01 pm »
And to top it off.......

The ship still looks cool  ;D

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 04:30:04 pm »
Good points all.  But i agree that the mirror universe ships would not be identicle as different situations would create a different outcome.  aAship of war would not look like a ship of peace(unless intentinally...lol ).

The Enterprise can just as much be a ship of war as it can be a ship of peace.  It's who uses 'em and how.  Lets say Khan was successful in taking the Enterprise in Space Seed.  He will use it to colonize and conquer, no?  The Enterprise turned into Khan's ship of war.  It's certainly powerful-enough.  The purpose of "Mirror, Mirror" was for the writers to make an alternate universe almost exactly like our own, but subtle changes to make things darker (or at least the story concept was to be like this.  It's how I percieve it at least).  Had the budget problem been nonexistant I'm sure the Enterprise model would at least have been painted darker or something, something to indicate that it's a warship in the Mirror Universe.  Whilst I would agree with you guys, it would only be up to a point. 
By how you go, I'm fairly certain you would mean ships of war would be different entirely by configuration, the Empire would have more class of ships or different from Federation.  I would judge such universe as an alternate universe similar to that of the Mirror Universe's, much like how'd I would judge DS9's Mirror Universe as just an alternate universe similar to that of the Mirror Universe's. 
I was fascinated by the storyline of a parallel universe that seems to go just like our own, but with subtle changes that would make humans much-more a warlike race Q saw our species as in "Encounter at Farpoint" (TNG).  By how I go, I'm fairly certain the Terran Empire would have ships of war, but because it's a universe paralell to our own, how I get it would that their class of ships would be basically like our own, but only basically.  They'd probably be a bit more artistic in their design to express their war-like attitudes, such as darker hulls, ships that look like animals stalking on prey. 
I kept referencing to the decade-old Next-Gen novel called "Dark Mirror", a novel that focuses the Terran Empire (In the novel, it's called the United Empire of Planets, not just Terran Empire) and what they've been doing.  Now that they are aware of us, and that the Mirror Spock's predictions of the Empire are true, they've been plotting to take over the Federation in a unique way.   The I.S.S. Enterprise-D is a warship, and similar-looking to our own Galaxy-class U.S.S. Enterprise-D.  However, as stated before, the ship's hul color is darker, the saucer is curved more to a frown-like shape, the nacelles lowered and swept forward a bit, the secondary hull a bit bigger.  And internally, the I.S.S. Enterprise-D (weapons-wise) is superior to that of our own Enterprise, with faster warp speeds (and able to maintain it longer), more weapons (even the standard Phaser and Photons are more-powerful), etc. (The story itself is set at the fourth season of TNG)

So while I agree with you guys (after some clarification problems fixed on my part), I only agree to a point.  I feel the DS9 stories, Shatner's novels, and the general idea of Terran Empire ships (and stories revolving around 'em) makes the Mirror Universe only less up to its nickname.  Although I would agree that it wouldn't be so mirror-like for long (when refering to Mirror Spock's prediction), my impression of the Mirror Universe beyond 2268 would be like how the crew of the Enterprise-D would discover a hundred years later.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Re: Terran Empire Subjucator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 05:10:44 pm »
OK, where's the rest of the views? Can't expect someone to model her *cough* with just one view. ;D
OK Sandman...I caved in...lol there's a top veiw posted too
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 08:56:05 pm »
Y'know, I was typing up a big big message explaining my view, but even though I stressed that it is not, it still seemed like criticism because of how I view the top of those Warp Nacelles (especially on the top view) as being Sovereign-esque... Well, imagination can make it whatever we percieved it to be.  It's like how Star Trek: New Voyages imagines the Enterprise not as a ship on a lake, but a ship that uses the main engines to perform warp manuvers that make it go fly like a fighter.  Suspension of disbelief helps make it great.

But then, each time I view the top view, it looks less and less like the Sovereign-class nacelles (although still reminds me of the concept design's nacelles... The Concept Design Ent-E made it to stores as a toy in 1996, by the way).  It looks more TMP-ish (aside from the Ramscoop/Weapon) now, like the Lexington-class's nacelles from Klingon Academy.

All that on top sounds confusing, eh? ;) *shrug* Not intended to be, if is.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 05:52:18 am »
Hi Azel
    You've got another winner there. ;D

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2004, 07:16:19 am »
Thanks...Let's see if something arises
All Things End

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2004, 08:32:52 am »
Hehehehe went surfing again and came up with a "Mirror Universe " ship..............

http://www.spacemodelmania.com/models/gallery5/ag_tib.htm

;D :thumbsup:
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2004, 10:09:01 am »
thats cool but its a tad too fanboyish for my tastes...lol
All Things End

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2004, 10:45:03 am »
Nice addition to the views az.... looking gr8... I will taje this project onboard if there are no other takers... throw in a front view if ya have time  ;)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2004, 11:33:12 am »
OK..I'll see what I can do
All Things End

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2004, 12:05:20 pm »
Okie..  my two cents worth..

1.  Mirror universe thingy...  I agree that there would be some changes..  but not necessarily complete different ships..  the "mirror" would be broken.  I also thing that the other extreme would be wrong too.  That is:  exact replicas ...  nope...  sorry ..  the war like theme would definitely affect it.

2.  The "X" era thingy ..  I believe that some folk have an "unjustified" negative input on "X" class ..  especially 2nd gen "X".  Sorry  ..  IMHO you have got to get past a certain"point of view" .. and look at the bigger picture and include the rest of "Trek"

just my totally old fashion straight shootin' point of view !  ( No flames intended )

The ship is definitely VERY cool !!
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2004, 05:18:41 pm »
LOL
All Things End

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2004, 06:41:02 pm »
from my understanding from the shattner novels that iv read he did not portray Tiberius as the goody two shoes type .... and the project was called "project sign" or something like that.

but he did construct the duplicate voyager in our universe, and replicated parts of the big E and relocated the computer core to the duplicate big E in his universe and replased the weapons with inferior disruptor grade weapons from that universe ....

i hope we are talking abut the same books

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2004, 07:19:30 pm »
thats cool but its a tad too fanboyish for my tastes...lol

Possibly true, but at least it doesn't look like any Feddie ship i've ever seen. BTW does anybody remember the old Tiberius station site ? And does anyone have the ships from there ? I did but again those were lost in my crash. If anyone does have them could you please post them somewhere for D/L ?
Thanks
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2004, 07:59:39 pm »
Anyway now that everyone's agreed it's cool.
Any chance of you talented types making it happen?
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2004, 07:34:07 am »
:)
All Things End

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2004, 05:26:53 pm »
OK here's the Usurper-class ISS Attila
All Things End

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:27 pm »
It would still be a mirror universe with different ships, as long as the lineage could be traced back to the Enterprise 1701, as these obviously do. My .02 cents. :P
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2004, 07:20:03 pm »
A most excelent dreadnaught. Definately based on the Big E, but it has that Imperial personality, i.e. the thing just plain looks MEAN. Is the enlarged shuttlebay for fighters or is it for assault craft? And I really like the angled deflector housing, that goes a long way to adding the 'evil' look.

I think that the battleship concept would definately be right up the Empire's alley, Azel. If you are going to keep with the Imperials for a while, why not try to come up with something even bigger to make the Klingon B11K shake in her boods?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2004, 08:13:51 pm »
Done...LOL
Terran BB(mars style)
ISS Dictator, Warbringer-class:
All Things End