Topic: Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius  (Read 14556 times)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« on: December 01, 2004, 04:09:59 pm »
I figure this ship to be in Late TMP era...like X-tech or something
Enjoy:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 05:08:27 pm by Azel »
All Things End

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Re: Terran Empire Subjucator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 04:20:38 pm »
Looks Great!
The slightly more "angled" ook gives it a more menacing aura (imho anyway)
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:33:23 pm »
looks like a bridge between the excelcior and the ambassador classes.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 05:08:32 pm »
Yep..... A1 That  ;D

awsomeness  ;)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 05:33:37 pm »
Azel  ...  looks like you've dont it again (like that's a big suprize !)

This is a VERY viable "X" class .. late TMP ..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline WillDecker

• Commander of the U.S.S. Khambatta NCC-7101
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:54:37 pm »
Hey Azel I like the ship :-) I was wondering if you could be able to help me flesh out a design for a ship I have been working on  :)
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 06:00:31 pm »
THANKS MATES!!
Hey Azel I like the ship :-) I was wondering if you could be able to help me flesh out a design for a ship I have been working on  :)
sure mate...email me (Odontotyrannus@aol.com)what you have...or IM me
All Things End

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 07:12:25 pm »
OK, where's the rest of the views? Can't expect someone to model her *cough* with just one view. ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 07:29:57 pm »
Normally I like your designs, and I would this given suspension of belief... The design itself is beautiful, but... Not continuative, at least in my opinion (if the Terran Empire still existed in the 24th century).  Officially there is no more Terran Empire/UEP in the Mirror Universe and things have gotten a little less mirror-ish in the Mirror Universe... That's probably why I strayed away from canon interest in that area, as well as in others.  I like the idea of what the Terran Empire/UEP (United Empire of Planets) would be like in the 2360s in a TNG novel called "Dark Mirror" (a ten-or-eleven-year-old novel) that showed a dying UEP and how it's desperately preserving itself (I won't spoil much, but I think laws of physics were payed closer attention, such as how the UEP's plans were carefully planned around the idea that if they just jump to our universe, the addition of so much more energy and mass, and decrease in their own, although could (unsure of that) be adjusted for, would be devistating in local space due to distortions and anomolies that would result in the unbalance of mass and energy, something from which you don't see in most time or Alternate Universe stories.

I also liked the idea of having the universes have subtle changes, but not much.  While I believe the UEP is more war-like than the UFP, I don't believe they would have drastically-different starships, which is why I don't think the design would be plausable unless the UFP had one similar to this.  And although like this, the Sovereign-class history on how it was designed and built is non-canon, I still don't like how it semi-mirrors the story of the development of the Galaxy-class Starship's development as being slowly built in similar a way.  I figured like most FC ships that the Sovvie was a more-recent design that was drawn at least in the 2350s and built and released in the decade or two after, near the end of the 2360s...
The point in this being that I'm not real fond of the top of the warp nacelle being too Sovereign-esque (as well as the top of the secondary-hull), yet hypothesize your reply of being developed based on technology that was slowly developed and applied to the Sovereign-class development project.

However, if I shrug off all that fan-based stuff off my head and allow a suspension of disbelief for a second, I think I can enjoy this design, it is very nice.  Aside from the top of the nacelles and secondary hull being Sovereign-based, I see design lineages from the Excelsior-class, Ambassador-class, and the Constitution-class, with more of the configuation of the latter class of ship.  I really like it.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 07:54:23 pm »
Aye in the late 24th, Terran Empire is gone canonically anyway...but this ship is late TMP, which by that time logically the Terran Empire would still be around (if not involved in the very war that would lead to their downfall)
as for the secondary hull shape, aye it aludes towards a sovie(closest they would probably get to it...lol) but believe it or not the
Nacelles are based off of my Honor-class, USS James T. Kirk and not the Sovie...I just added the Excelsior-esq dorsal vents to add  some character and keep some lineage
the "hump" in the front of the nacelle actually houses a canon that is fed power directly from the warp plasma
So its more coincidence rather than intention for the Sovie-esq look...sorta convergent evolution :)

But I am glad you can find a place for her in your eyes :)

Sandman:
I may produce more views...but I am not sure
All Things End

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 08:12:17 pm »
I want it !!!!!!! Please someone put this on a list of ships to do.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 10:33:09 pm »
There's also no reason to think that there is only one "Mirror Universe". The TNG episode "Parallels" showed that there were an infinite number of universes/diverging timelines that spurned from every possible outcome and version of a particular event. The Terran Empire may not exist in the originally encountered Mirror Universe, but there could easily be other dimensions where the Empire continued onward for at least a few more centuries.

Mirror Spock suspected the Empire, like most dictatorships, would eventually fall within a few hundred years. Perhaps the later era ships could reflect that, much like how the Soviet Union's nuclear submarines were powerful but ultimately rushed and flawed in their construction.

It may be true that the Empire's ships would vary little with the Federation version, but what's the point in designing a ship that looks just like "our" universe's? There's no originality or challenge in just altering a few details and changing it to "I.S.S. Whateverprise". The Terrans are conquerors and warlords and their ships should reflect that. Let the pansy Federation explore the galaxy in their Connies and Mirandas while the Empire takes it's armored warships into battle.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 10:48:31 pm »
There's no originality or challenge in just altering a few details and changing it to "I.S.S. Whateverprise".

Someone should really put that quote on a website somewhere...that rules. lol. *ducks*

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 09:25:16 am »
Subjucator, the name itself kicks ass, not to mention the ship!

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 03:58:35 pm »
Subjucator, the name itself kicks ass, not to mention the ship!
LOL
Thanks mates but I screwed up on the Name.... It's supposed to be "Subjugator" not "Subjucator" as I erroneously posted...Thanks to E_look for the correction
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 04:50:20 pm »
It may be true that the Empire's ships would vary little with the Federation version, but what's the point in designing a ship that looks just like "our" universe's?

Who's to say that said built designs were actually out of coincidence?  Could you explain why the Terran Empire ships circa 2267/68 are suprisingly almost exactly like our own, with only subtle changes?  I don't believe the Terran Empire had been spying on us in some technobabble way and built ships similar to ours.  While I would believe the Terran Empire ships might have some different ships from the UFP's, I wouldn't believe there would be much of any. 
Have you read the TNG novel "Dark Mirror"?  The I.S.S. Enterprise-D looked remarkably like ours, except a much-darker grey color, a more "frowned" look on the dorsal saucer, a more-swept version of the nacelle pylons and nacelles, and a bigger secondary hull, looking more like a ship sweeping down on its prey, and while basically similar to the Galaxy-class of the UFP's, is incredibly faster and more-powerful.  While their class of ships are coincidentially similar (hence the term "Mirror Universe") to the U.F.P.'s, appearences can be decieving, and although it becomes less deceiving in the said TNG novel, the point stands.

Also, if the Terran Empire should engage the Federation, it would be a unique battle that should mostly be by strange technology and close-quarters combat, nothing on a ship-to-ship basis ultimately, unless you want something very-strange happening to your universe and killing off many lives in a very-strange "temporal" way.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
Re: Terran Empire Subjugator-Class, ISS Tiberius
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 10:35:15 pm »
I can easily explain why Terran Empire ships look just like our own - TOS budget. The only Terran Empire ship ever shown was the I.S.S. Enterprise and the registry for it wasn't even seen on-screen. They couldn't even spare the resources to design a new ship, resorting to the 'flying pinwheel' effects for most vessels. So naturally, they weren't going to make even the slightest change to the Enterprise model to reflect the 'same-but-oddly-different universe'.

This is all pointless debate anyway. If you think the Imperials would have identical ships, fine, slap an ISS on the hulls and send them on their way. As for me, I happen to think they would at least make some changes to the designs to reflect their warlike mentality, if not have completely original ships in their fleet.
DRS Forums

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 10:46:03 pm »
I didn't truely mean exactly the same, but what I interpreted on your side of the debate was that they could have drastically different ships both in appearence and in function.  What I was trying to point out was that although they could be different, it would mostly be internally on the ship and some changes to the outside appearence, like the aforementioned description of the I.S.S. Enterprise-D of the aformentioned TNG model...  I wouldn't think they would have giant big gargantuan battleships to reign destruction in it... Well, maybe in an alternate reality of the Mirror Universe's own, but the universe in question had nearly-identical ships for the most part.  I'm sure there would be subtle changes on the outside and inside the vessel, but not extensive enough to be contrast from the basic design of the Constitution-class, to which both Enterprises are (though probably not by name).

Even though I'm posting all that above, I guess I might agree with you WZ on the pointlessness of the debate.  I guess I got into it a bit too much.  I apologize for any annoyances or unnecessary infuriating.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 12:54:57 am »
There's nothing infuriating here. I was just simply pointing out that, regardless of whether or not the Empire would use identical ships, it'd be wasteful to just rename one to I.S.S. Especially if you can create an original, unique design for the Terrans to use and to set them apart from the Federation side.
DRS Forums

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 12:35:54 pm »
Good points all
But i agree that the mirror universe ships would not be identicle as different situations would create a different outcome
a ship of war would not look like a ship of peace(unless intentinally...lol ). if the Federation was a Conquering orginization
rather than space exploration...their primary design applications would totally be different...they would be harder ships
with harsher enviornments inside...they would be larger ships for the most part as to be able to carry more weapons
and troops...Its not hard to picture humans as conquerors and tyrants...its happened and still happens so the Terran
Empire is taking the worst aspects of humanity and is exploiting them rather than the regular universe which tries to
exploite the better/best side of it.
All Things End

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 03:29:01 pm »
And to top it off.......

The ship still looks cool  ;D

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 04:30:04 pm »
Good points all.  But i agree that the mirror universe ships would not be identicle as different situations would create a different outcome.  aAship of war would not look like a ship of peace(unless intentinally...lol ).

The Enterprise can just as much be a ship of war as it can be a ship of peace.  It's who uses 'em and how.  Lets say Khan was successful in taking the Enterprise in Space Seed.  He will use it to colonize and conquer, no?  The Enterprise turned into Khan's ship of war.  It's certainly powerful-enough.  The purpose of "Mirror, Mirror" was for the writers to make an alternate universe almost exactly like our own, but subtle changes to make things darker (or at least the story concept was to be like this.  It's how I percieve it at least).  Had the budget problem been nonexistant I'm sure the Enterprise model would at least have been painted darker or something, something to indicate that it's a warship in the Mirror Universe.  Whilst I would agree with you guys, it would only be up to a point. 
By how you go, I'm fairly certain you would mean ships of war would be different entirely by configuration, the Empire would have more class of ships or different from Federation.  I would judge such universe as an alternate universe similar to that of the Mirror Universe's, much like how'd I would judge DS9's Mirror Universe as just an alternate universe similar to that of the Mirror Universe's. 
I was fascinated by the storyline of a parallel universe that seems to go just like our own, but with subtle changes that would make humans much-more a warlike race Q saw our species as in "Encounter at Farpoint" (TNG).  By how I go, I'm fairly certain the Terran Empire would have ships of war, but because it's a universe paralell to our own, how I get it would that their class of ships would be basically like our own, but only basically.  They'd probably be a bit more artistic in their design to express their war-like attitudes, such as darker hulls, ships that look like animals stalking on prey. 
I kept referencing to the decade-old Next-Gen novel called "Dark Mirror", a novel that focuses the Terran Empire (In the novel, it's called the United Empire of Planets, not just Terran Empire) and what they've been doing.  Now that they are aware of us, and that the Mirror Spock's predictions of the Empire are true, they've been plotting to take over the Federation in a unique way.   The I.S.S. Enterprise-D is a warship, and similar-looking to our own Galaxy-class U.S.S. Enterprise-D.  However, as stated before, the ship's hul color is darker, the saucer is curved more to a frown-like shape, the nacelles lowered and swept forward a bit, the secondary hull a bit bigger.  And internally, the I.S.S. Enterprise-D (weapons-wise) is superior to that of our own Enterprise, with faster warp speeds (and able to maintain it longer), more weapons (even the standard Phaser and Photons are more-powerful), etc. (The story itself is set at the fourth season of TNG)

So while I agree with you guys (after some clarification problems fixed on my part), I only agree to a point.  I feel the DS9 stories, Shatner's novels, and the general idea of Terran Empire ships (and stories revolving around 'em) makes the Mirror Universe only less up to its nickname.  Although I would agree that it wouldn't be so mirror-like for long (when refering to Mirror Spock's prediction), my impression of the Mirror Universe beyond 2268 would be like how the crew of the Enterprise-D would discover a hundred years later.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 05:10:44 pm »
OK, where's the rest of the views? Can't expect someone to model her *cough* with just one view. ;D
OK Sandman...I caved in...lol there's a top veiw posted too
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 08:56:05 pm »
Y'know, I was typing up a big big message explaining my view, but even though I stressed that it is not, it still seemed like criticism because of how I view the top of those Warp Nacelles (especially on the top view) as being Sovereign-esque... Well, imagination can make it whatever we percieved it to be.  It's like how Star Trek: New Voyages imagines the Enterprise not as a ship on a lake, but a ship that uses the main engines to perform warp manuvers that make it go fly like a fighter.  Suspension of disbelief helps make it great.

But then, each time I view the top view, it looks less and less like the Sovereign-class nacelles (although still reminds me of the concept design's nacelles... The Concept Design Ent-E made it to stores as a toy in 1996, by the way).  It looks more TMP-ish (aside from the Ramscoop/Weapon) now, like the Lexington-class's nacelles from Klingon Academy.

All that on top sounds confusing, eh? ;) *shrug* Not intended to be, if is.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 05:52:18 am »
Hi Azel
    You've got another winner there. ;D

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2004, 07:16:19 am »
Thanks...Let's see if something arises
All Things End

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2004, 08:32:52 am »
Hehehehe went surfing again and came up with a "Mirror Universe " ship..............

http://www.spacemodelmania.com/models/gallery5/ag_tib.htm

;D :thumbsup:
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2004, 10:09:01 am »
thats cool but its a tad too fanboyish for my tastes...lol
All Things End

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2004, 10:45:03 am »
Nice addition to the views az.... looking gr8... I will taje this project onboard if there are no other takers... throw in a front view if ya have time  ;)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2004, 11:33:12 am »
OK..I'll see what I can do
All Things End

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2004, 12:05:20 pm »
Okie..  my two cents worth..

1.  Mirror universe thingy...  I agree that there would be some changes..  but not necessarily complete different ships..  the "mirror" would be broken.  I also thing that the other extreme would be wrong too.  That is:  exact replicas ...  nope...  sorry ..  the war like theme would definitely affect it.

2.  The "X" era thingy ..  I believe that some folk have an "unjustified" negative input on "X" class ..  especially 2nd gen "X".  Sorry  ..  IMHO you have got to get past a certain"point of view" .. and look at the bigger picture and include the rest of "Trek"

just my totally old fashion straight shootin' point of view !  ( No flames intended )

The ship is definitely VERY cool !!
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2004, 05:18:41 pm »
LOL
All Things End

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2004, 06:41:02 pm »
from my understanding from the shattner novels that iv read he did not portray Tiberius as the goody two shoes type .... and the project was called "project sign" or something like that.

but he did construct the duplicate voyager in our universe, and replicated parts of the big E and relocated the computer core to the duplicate big E in his universe and replased the weapons with inferior disruptor grade weapons from that universe ....

i hope we are talking abut the same books

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2004, 07:19:30 pm »
thats cool but its a tad too fanboyish for my tastes...lol

Possibly true, but at least it doesn't look like any Feddie ship i've ever seen. BTW does anybody remember the old Tiberius station site ? And does anyone have the ships from there ? I did but again those were lost in my crash. If anyone does have them could you please post them somewhere for D/L ?
Thanks
-MP

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2004, 07:59:39 pm »
Anyway now that everyone's agreed it's cool.
Any chance of you talented types making it happen?

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2004, 07:34:07 am »
:)
All Things End

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2004, 05:26:53 pm »
OK here's the Usurper-class ISS Attila
All Things End

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:27 pm »
It would still be a mirror universe with different ships, as long as the lineage could be traced back to the Enterprise 1701, as these obviously do. My .02 cents. :P
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2004, 07:20:03 pm »
A most excelent dreadnaught. Definately based on the Big E, but it has that Imperial personality, i.e. the thing just plain looks MEAN. Is the enlarged shuttlebay for fighters or is it for assault craft? And I really like the angled deflector housing, that goes a long way to adding the 'evil' look.

I think that the battleship concept would definately be right up the Empire's alley, Azel. If you are going to keep with the Imperials for a while, why not try to come up with something even bigger to make the Klingon B11K shake in her boods?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2004, 08:13:51 pm »
Done...LOL
Terran BB(mars style)
ISS Dictator, Warbringer-class:
All Things End

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2004, 08:29:29 pm »
GAWD!!!

Those nacalles look big enough to SWALLOW a Connie!
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2004, 10:11:30 pm »
Alll fantastic looking.. I must be the only person who has never really liked the third nacelle though..

Has anyone ever done any series of Standard Fed ships retexture as Terran Empire?
I found a few, but they were kinda old and not very high poly.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2004, 01:13:49 pm »
Alll fantastic looking.. I must be the only person who has never really liked the third nacelle though..

Has anyone ever done any series of Standard Fed ships retexture as Terran Empire?
I found a few, but they were kinda old and not very high poly.
I actually don't care for more than 2 nacelles myself...but if its done in good taste then I am cool with it...the only 3 nacelle ship I drew in this thread is the Usurper...the Warbringer has 4 as it is done in the SFB Mars style
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2004, 01:48:53 pm »
I'm still stubborn to my beliefs about the Mirror Universe, but aside from all that and the debates (now that they're finished), and with suspension of belief, those are nice designs you've done, and I really like 'em, Atolm.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2004, 03:11:20 pm »
-=looks at dictator....dies=-
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2004, 03:40:03 pm »
OK here's my take on the ISS Enterpise...Anarchist-Class:

All Things End

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2004, 04:18:05 pm »
-=gets up...looks at anarchist...dies again=-

Seriously though, great ships. i love em.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2004, 05:19:59 pm »
The Anarchist-class definately fits onto the idea of a "Mirror Universe" in my opinion (of things looking the same, yet different, especially much more on the inside than on the outside) and looks quite amazing.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2004, 05:29:02 pm »
I do ask one thing, for the guy who ends up modelling these (hell just model the Tiberius, ill kitbash the others) I read somewhere about changing the "NCC" to "ZCC" and i kinda liked that...any ideas?
"USS ENTERPRISE ZCC-1701 Anarchist-Class"
Robinomicon

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2004, 05:31:43 pm »
I would've thought "I.S.S. Enterprise ICC-1701", a little bit like the I.S.S. Ent-D's name and registry in the novel "Dark Mirror".

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2004, 05:33:43 pm »
too many I's, IMHO
Robinomicon

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2004, 05:34:44 pm »
Blame Diane Duane for that, as well as a great novel that tells a story better than any writer on most Star Trek shows.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2004, 07:42:16 pm »
'NCC" is just a designation for the registry...there would be no need for an "I" to be involved...
But noncanonically the prefix NCC stands for Naval Construction(or Contracting) Corp ... If I recall correctly
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2004, 08:06:01 pm »
I think it's known as "Naval Construction Contract" or "Naval Commission Contract"... I think Atra came up with the latter.  But the "ICC" would make sense in form of the registry meaning "Imperial Construction Contract", yes?  No? *shrug*

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2004, 08:06:23 pm »
'NCC" is just a designation for the registry...there would be no need for an "I" to be involved...
But noncanonically the prefix NCC stands for Naval Construction(or Contracting) Corp ... If I recall correctly

Naval Construction Contract

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=ncc

I personally think that the NCC would have stayed, because they are both 'naval' connstruction contracts, reguardless of which government approved them.

But ICC works just as good- after all, we are making this up as we go along! ;D

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2004, 01:12:26 pm »
I personally like NCC then ISS so it does not look so weird with ICC, then ISS
so I say: Anarchist-Class ISS Enterprise, NCC-1701
All Things End

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2004, 02:36:44 pm »
I really like your take on the ISS connie.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2004, 03:49:22 pm »
I really like your take on the ISS connie.
Is that a lobby to make it???...LOL
Glad you like her mate :)
All Things End

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2004, 03:50:46 pm »
OK here's my take on the ISS Enterprise-D
Oppressor-class:
All Things End

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2004, 04:30:40 pm »
She looks more, uhm... *looks for a delicate way to say this about a lady* 'round, firm, and fully packed' than the Feddy version. ;)

I like the way that you bulked her up a bit- the Ent-D was always a little flimsy looking in my mind. It also adds to the menace... more room to pack more weapons and marines...

I wonder what the power bill for all the agonizer booths on that girl runs! ;D

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2004, 05:26:18 pm »
She looks more, uhm... *looks for a delicate way to say this about a lady* 'round, firm, and fully packed' than the Feddy version. ;)

I like the way that you bulked her up a bit- the Ent-D was always a little flimsy looking in my mind. It also adds to the menace... more room to pack more weapons and marines...

I wonder what the power bill for all the agonizer booths on that girl runs! ;D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2004, 08:48:25 pm »
Actually she looks closer to what Diane Duane described the I.S.S. Enterprise-D, it looks more like a big vulture (or more-accurately in my opinion, a Terydactal... Did I spell that right?) stalking its prey.  I like the descriptions of the I.S.S. Ent-D's extra weapons, and I can well imagine this Ent-D using 'em on her counterpart had they a little more time in the normal universe to rip up space locally.  As for your choice of going NCC rather than ICC, that's fine Atolm.  That makes it easier for me to cover up most of the N so I can go Diane Duane's way and make it ICC. ;)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2004, 09:21:12 pm »
LOL that's pteradactyl lol
but its cool
don't know about the ship looking like a Pteradactyl though(I do work with those alot)..i. as long as it sits well with everyone... :p
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2004, 08:32:13 am »
Well... I meant of how "mean-looking" it seemed to be when I referenced that particular dynosaur's name that I could never spell right.  ;D *shrug*

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2004, 12:22:09 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
All Things End

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2005, 02:04:08 pm »
really old thread back from the dead...shameless bump!!!
All Things End

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2005, 02:17:54 pm »
Awesome work Azel. Not to get off subject, but there was a website (now long gone) named Tiberius Station which had a complete mirror universe fleet. If someone has those old ships could ya post them at Battleclinic for D/L. IIRC they were pretty cool ships.
-MP

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2005, 03:20:50 pm »
Interesting how this thread comes back to life just as news on an MU episode of ENT comes out.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2005, 06:01:34 pm »
Pretty much all those ships already exist. What's the fun in that? Just simple retexture jobs. Easy enough done. I believe the idea here is to create similar but totally unique ships . I could be mistaken though. Great find BTW. Ya never know what you'll find till ya go surfing.
 ;D :thumbsup:
-MP

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2005, 09:18:04 pm »
This may seem like an oddly-timed question, but since this is a MU thread:

Wasn't there a mirror version of the Excalibur-class X-ship released a while back?  If so, anybody have a link?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2005, 09:41:01 pm »
Interesting how this thread comes back to life just as news on an MU episode of ENT comes out.

WOAH WOAH WOAH, BACK THE TRAIN UP!!  There's gonna be a MU episode for Enterprise?  This I gotta see.  I also heard that the Dadaelus class is gonna be making a debut on the show, possibly for the upcoming Rom Wars.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2005, 09:45:47 pm »
No, there was an episode called "Daedalus" last week, but it had nothing to do with the Daedalus-class, it was about the inventor of the transporter; and the title was a reference to the original Daedalus story from Greek mythology (which pretty much gives away the plot of the episode if you know the mythology...  ;) )
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2005, 09:46:46 pm »
If you ask me, the totally-different Terran Empire/UEP starships and WIPs may look nice, but they would never ever exist in the Mirror Universe still, in my opinion.  If you want a true Mirror Universe with the Empire existing in the 24th century, events and ships must be similar, albeit not identical.  Perhaps basically the same, yet with differences that make it dark and evil, much like Diane Duane's I.S.S. Ent-D description or Atolm's "re-imagined" I.S.S. Enterprise.  But I'm probably repeating what I had said before in the thread.

Whilst it's my opinion of an idealistic "Mirror Universe" to mirror the Trek universe in a dark way in the 23rd and 24th cenuries, I'm sure not many would agree with that, nor would many limit themselves to the Physics dealing loss/addition of mass and energy (as it can't be created or destroyed) like few had.  It wouldn't be interesting for space battles between good and evil Terrans. *shrug* So if we go by that, some of the designs recently displayed/linked here are alright.

As well as a Mirror Universe episode on Enterprise... It's nice, but I've long since abandoned that series. *shrug* Maybe I will watch it when it comes to TV this year.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2005, 10:23:52 pm »
Someone said that there used to be a place called Tiberius Station that had a whole fleet of Terran Empire ships?  Would this ship be one of them?  I remember seeing this POTD at sfc3files.com a long long time ago, but could never find the ship.  The guy who posted this image was Inraged Sith.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FedRebel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2005, 10:35:11 pm »
Someone said that there used to be a place called Tiberius Station that had a whole fleet of Terran Empire ships? 

Yes there was such a place but the creator of the site was unable to maintain it and GeoCities shut it down, all the models were lost

There are some diffrent TE ships available here http://planetmudd.the-tcs.net/

Would this ship be one of them? 

Yes it was the ISS Enterprise model from Tiberus Station 1

I remember seeing this POTD at sfc3files.com a long long time ago, but could never find the ship.

The site that had it nolonger exists

The guy who posted this image was Inraged Sith.

InragedSith was an old screename of mine, I lost that model when my old computer crashed

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2005, 10:38:46 pm »
Nice to see you again!!!!  DAMN YOUR CRASHED SYSTEM FOR LOSING THAT SHIP!!!!  :-D  J/K

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2005, 11:58:37 am »

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Constitution Class - The one, the Only, the BEST
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2005, 03:35:31 pm »
man.. sovvie connie lookie goodie
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2005, 08:47:46 pm »
Soooooooo....any takers???
All Things End

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2005, 09:32:04 pm »
I remember I kept referencing the TNG novel "Dark Mirror" by Diane Duane.  I liked that novel, and kept roughly-describing a Mirror Universe version of the Enterprise-D.  Well, now having finally got my book back, I decided to type up an exerpt from the novel.  I guess you can call it a spoiler incase you hate spoilers and would want to read the novel (the description in bold):

...The red-alert sirens went, and he was up out of his chair before his communicator even had time to speak.  He hurried out of the ready room into the bridge.  Everyone looked startled, and Troi, in her seat, looked actively upset.  "What is it?" he said to Data.  The main screen was showing empty space.
  "Nothing now," Data said.  "But we have just had a contact--fleeting. The helm took us immediately back out of range, as programmed."
  "What was it?"
  "Here, Captain."  The view on the screen flicked.  Same starfield--but there was something in the center of it, very distant, that hadn't been there before: a small steel-gray speck.  "Enlarge ten times," Picard said.  The speck seemed to leap forward.

It was Enterprise.  But not his Enterprise.  It was a dark gray, even enlarged, a gunmetal color, cool and unfriendly.  The design was overtly the same--the great sloped disk of the primary hull, the nacelles, the secondary hull, all where they should be.  But the secondary hull seemed larger; the nacelles were raked farther forward, and lower.  The primary hull's curve was deeper and now had a frowning look about it.  If ships had expressions, this one had its eyes narrowed.  It was a cruel look, and intimidating.  Just visible, because of the rake of the primary hull, were the characters ICC-1701-D ISS ENT-- The rest was curved away out of sight.
  Picard's heart seized at the sight of it.  In a way, he had been hoping that everything that had happened so far might have some other answer.  But the hope, he now saw, was in vain.  The proof of the problem had come hunting them.  He looked around, seeing the same unhappy look on everyone's face--and Troi still looked ashen.

Since the thread was revived, I wanted to give the description Diane gave it when she wrote it back in the early-1990s.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2005, 10:36:04 am »
Personally I would love to see all the ships in this post done.

-MP

Offline Victory

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • There is no spoon.....
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2005, 08:03:53 pm »
I figured I'd through my 2.5 cents in since I am working on a series of mods revolving around the Mirror Universe. First I have one thing to say about all the ships in here..... *DROOL* Great looking designs. Secondly, keeping with "cannon" crap, technically by TNG time the Terran Empire is non-existant. However, in the theory of alternate realities, for each reality there is an infinante number of alternate possibilities. Therefore, your imagination can go anywhere you want it to go. Enterprise proved that staying "cannon" wasn't necessary. Oh, wait, They got canned. The mods we make for these games are meant to stretch the imagination past what was set before us. Therefore, I would like to make a request for some Post-TNG era Terran ships. Like the ISS Bloodwulf in another thread. Stretch the boundries of the game. Go where no man has gone before! EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN!
I am Victory, and I approved this message

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2005, 08:09:05 pm »
Someone said that there used to be a place called Tiberius Station that had a whole fleet of Terran Empire ships?  Would this ship be one of them?  I remember seeing this POTD at sfc3files.com a long long time ago, but could never find the ship.  The guy who posted this image was Inraged Sith.

I'd definately like to see that.