Topic: USS Monitor FCC+ Refit >>>>> Available for Download  (Read 28082 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: USS Monitor FCC+ Refit >>>>> Available for Download
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 08:46:45 pm »
   This is how the 1701 refit should of looked liked more resembling its TOS look.Then 1701-A could of looked like TMP version.That is a nice model . 8)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 08:51:38 pm »
I disagree with Age... I half-thought that something like this was in the TOS-era anyway as an "X-Ship"... I figured the U.S.S. Constitution would go through her refits for newer technology, and then be refitted completely as the TMP vessel alongside Enterprise, but easier-to-refit, yet with all those bugs it seems coincidential the Constitution's sister ship had to go alone after V'Ger (or something like that). *shrug* That's how I view it. :)

And with how I view it that way, I would view this ship more of an F-XCA than an F-CC+.  Nevertheless, you've done a beautiful job Schtupp.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 09:00:01 pm »
Some food for thought: Take a look at this picture from this website, and tell me what you think about the design of the third ship schematic in the picture.  I really like it, it's TMP-like while keeping the TOS design of the Constitution-class mostly.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 12:40:09 am »
I always thought those engines would've looked better if they were inverted, so that the end tapers up instead of down:

DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2004, 12:59:50 am »
No exhaustive tests and experimentation has confirmed the fact that this configuration makes the warp controller thrust-line too far above the tangental axis of the warp field bow front resulting in lost maneuvering efficiency - duh ::)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2004, 01:02:21 am »
lol  ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2004, 06:14:24 am »

wow

But seriuosly, IMHO this ship is great. Its a great FCX for between TOS and TMP. Even though i dont like X-ships

LS - check your PMs

But sir, if the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep his PC on the QT, 'cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up an MIA and then we'd all be put on the KP ASAP.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2004, 10:00:25 am »
Another excellent model from Lord Schtupp.  :thumbsup:
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2004, 07:04:35 pm »
hey I see WZ has revised the alt configuration drawing; that looks good - hmm maybe those tests were wrong....

wow

But seriuosly, IMHO this ship is great. Its a great FCX for between TOS and TMP. Even though i dont like X-ships

LS - check your PMs

But sir, if the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep his PC on the QT, 'cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up an MIA and then we'd all be put on the KP ASAP.

lol luv that movie... I usually considered the TMP connie and technology to be the "X-Ship" or advanced SFC OP tech level, so this is a "late" TOS tech level. I had to use the FCX ui because the FCA ui just doesnt have enough phaser hardpoints, most of the fed uis are short in the hardpoint dept.

I use the Chris Jones TOS mod as my shiplist, and often refer to SFB SSDs for systems/weapons ideas

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2004, 07:29:59 pm »
3ds or lwo plz schtupp :)
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2004, 08:20:32 pm »
DAMN!! :o ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2004, 09:12:36 pm »
Oh yeah, Monitor is going in-game ASAP.
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2004, 08:43:32 am »
That is some damn Nice work Schtupp :)  Ill let you slide this time on the inward curve on the bottom of the secondary hull being as this is a refit :D  I never understood why people put that curve on connie hulls when it doesnt exist on the 11 footer, then i realized that the 3 footer has that curve, and alot the schematics ive seen were based off the 3 footer, or the AMT model which also was based off the 3 footer.

In any case nicely done, nacelles defininetly give it distinction.

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2004, 01:02:12 pm »
The curve's also on the hideously bad FJ schematics, it just makes the ship look like it's got a beer-belly, if such a thing can be said about a spaceship.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2004, 01:47:56 pm »
So, Schtupp, are you transitioning towards the TMP era now?

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2004, 05:55:49 pm »
Well, I'm transitioning towards TUC myself. ;D

http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO1.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO2.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO3.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO4.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO5.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO6.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekmariner/KORO7.PNG

"USS Korolev, standing by. Ready to initiate Operation: 'Retrive' at your command."

Amazing how Jeffries Extended with a bold outline can match Microgramma in looks. ;)

Here's a wet dream: the Monitor design with TSP Connie parts...ohh yeah. :)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2004, 06:17:41 pm »
Mariner, where'd you get that TMP era emblem from? could you send me the files perchance?

Oh and what's with the font? Do you not have the Starfleet bold extended font? I can send it to you if you don't have it.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2004, 06:51:35 pm »
Mariner, where'd you get that TMP era emblem from? could you send me the files perchance?

Oh and what's with the font? Do you not have the Starfleet bold extended font? I can send it to you if you don't have it.

Belive it or not, that arrowhead is actually a Microsoft Word creation, layered into a word document containing the full sized texture. Just click a screengrab and then deposit the changes in the right place in the real texture and bingo, a Starfleet Arrowhead without PSP. ;D

I can send you the zip file containing the word document (the zip is <40kb and the document itself is only 84kb) which i use to do all my editing. If you want, I'll send the korolev modification files too.

I have the normal TMP-style font (Starfleet Bold Extended it says,) but the Jeffries font used here is supposed to mimic the microgramma font on the unused (but finished) Phase II model.

See photos of that model here: http://www.starshipbuilder.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000014.html

Suffice to say, I do think the Microgramma font is kind of bad looking, it's too "round" for me. Jeffries Extended looks nicer since it's based off of Starfleet Bold Ext. The only problem is that it's a bit thin, which is cured since word can add outlines to the font to make it beefier.

I'm interested in making the hull color TMP white, so that it'll reflect what the Korolev might've looked like during TUC (they refitted everything else anyways.)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 07:19:58 pm »
Cool, could you send me the files (include the Korloev modification too if you can) I like to see how other people do modifications like this, most of my texture alteration work is fairly basic and it's nice to get some additional skills now and then.

I never noticed the Phase II had not outline on the regs, I don't like to use that font though as it's too similar to Microgramma which is the DS9/Voyager era font for a lot of ships.

I've already actually started modifying the textures on this one, done regs for a USS Sicilia and plan to add some weathering to the rather pristine looking secondary hull and nacelles, and possibly even swap the bridge out for the phase II style one on WZ's Ptolemy, maybe.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2004, 07:26:45 pm »
I have to say, Mariner, I've seen a lot of Phase 2 reference (I was around when TheStressPuppy built his ;) ) and those pics have never come up.  :D  I would have to guess that this might be when they were trying to rebuild the TV model for the movie, before they realized that it wouldn't work, and that it would have to be done from scratch?  I've been trying to find the pics that I've seen of the Phase 2 TV model under construction, but I can't seem to manage it...   :-\
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise