Topic: Voyager vs. Enterprise D  (Read 33738 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
Re: Voyager vs. Enterprise D
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 03:07:36 pm »
Ent D is a superior fighting ship to voyageur, hands down.  While voyageur had quantum torpedoes, the Ent D was loaded to the teeth with photon torpedoes and had more launchers than voyaguer.  More phaser arrays also helps.  The saucer seperation thing also would be of big help, allowing the D to break into two targets if need be, also giving the drive section manuevering capabilities that would allow it to be more competetive with voyageur. 
As for the crews: voyageur's sucks.  Nearly all of the episodes went way beyond suspension of disbelief.  They were stupid, always making stupid decisions and not paying any real price for them. 
Janeway is not as good a captain as pricard
Chakotay sucks comared to riker
Torres isn't as good as jordi, not by a long shot
Harry is an elementary science flunkee compared to Data
Tuvok is a wuss compared to worf
Tom is alright, and since Ent D never really got an outstanding helmsman for any length of time voyageur has them beat here
Doctor would be spending all his time worrying about holographic equal rights and adding holographic appendages to himself, so crusher has him beat.
Summary- voyageur can't compare with the Ent D, and the crew of voyageur sucks donkey butt so it's a hands down Ent D over voyageur.
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 07:18:12 pm »
What's sad is that I came up with that off the top of my head, with no need to think it over.
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 05:55:46 am »
That would be because they weren't trying to kill him.  They're Romulans, after all.  They wanted it to look like that Admiral was defecting so that he'd be a more effective plant.

Nice counter, but the Romulans are supposed to be masters of intrigue, right?  They're not going to go ahead with an already-risky plot if it'd have been impossible for the scout to resist the Warbird's firepower.  That's far too big of a hole in their story...though...

...perhaps Berman used to work for Romulan intelligence. ;D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

KnightAdvancer

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 06:33:39 pm »
Actually, in the episode La Forge goes over some readings and comments about how the Warbird continuously slows down to keep pace with the scout as it damages it, and perhaps something about reducing weapons output as well. 'It's almost as if they don't want to catch 'em' He says to the effect of, and mentions that the Warbird would of overran the scout if it held it's speed. As soon as scout reaches the Enterprise the Warbird cloaks and moves off, without some much as a threat. It later becomes apparent that Admiral Jarok was being fed bogus information to see if he would turn, and if he did, to use that bogus information he had to lure the Federation into a trap. 

I think your getting soft, La'ra. I thought you knew your episodes better than that. Ol' Tremok is disappointed in you.

Ravok

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 08:51:09 pm »
The Ent D had a glass jaw. fart in combat and you had a warp core breach, or lost a power coupling etc. She could dish it out but did not seem to be able to take it.

Voyager seemed like a lot tougher ship. And Jane way seemed a wole lote scarier when she was pissed, than Picard ever did.

" Hell hath no fury than the wrath of a woman."  Remember what she did to the borg for ticking her off?

Picard talks too much, And i think personally Riker is a joke.  Voyager for me.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 09:00:38 pm »
"I was out saving the galaxy while your grandfather was still in his diapers" : Kirk to Picard

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 09:02:54 pm »
Didn't Scotty first use that line on Geordi before Kirk got to spring it on Picard?

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 09:03:55 pm »
The Ent D had a glass jaw. fart in combat and you had a warp core breach, or lost a power coupling etc. She could dish it out but did not seem to be able to take it.

Voyager seemed like a lot tougher ship. And Jane way seemed a wole lote scarier when she was pissed, than Picard ever did.

" Hell hath no fury than the wrath of a woman."  Remember what she did to the borg for ticking her off?

Picard talks too much, And i think personally Riker is a joke.  Voyager for me.

I dunno, Ent D held up alright to the borg, and a few others as well.
A sfor voyageur, suspension of disbelief is a term they don't comprehend.  No, they live in the land of disbelief and BS.
CK

Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 09:10:38 pm »
Didn't Scotty first use that line on Geordi before Kirk got to spring it on Picard?

Maybe, but it doesn't matter.  The old guard was putting the youngins in their place. he-he  ;)
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 10:45:16 pm »
Actually, in the episode La Forge goes over some readings and comments about how the Warbird continuously slows down to keep pace with the scout as it damages it, and perhaps something about reducing weapons output as well. 'It's almost as if they don't want to catch 'em' He says to the effect of, and mentions that the Warbird would of overran the scout if it held it's speed. As soon as scout reaches the Enterprise the Warbird cloaks and moves off, without some much as a threat. It later becomes apparent that Admiral Jarok was being fed bogus information to see if he would turn, and if he did, to use that bogus information he had to lure the Federation into a trap. 

I think your getting soft, La'ra. I thought you knew your episodes better than that. Ol' Tremok is disappointed in you.

It's been about four years since I've seen that one...

..though, that was rather sloppy of them, wasn't it?

And I was wondering if that was you when the D'Deridex comment came flyin' out of the cosmos like that. ;D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2004, 05:43:06 am »
Those BoPs did show up rather...huge, didn't they? ;D

Offline WillDecker

• Commander of the U.S.S. Khambatta NCC-7101
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • The Khambatta Project
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2004, 07:01:09 am »
I would definitely have to say the classic seven would hand all of them their asses on a platter.
Where the universe ends, our dream begins. Somewhere beyond the dark... (Ilia's Theme ST:TMP/U.S.S. Khambatta Motto)

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2004, 07:37:04 am »
Who would win out of Janeway and Picard?? Well, Kirk of course...  :rwoot:
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline 14G_Tiger

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2004, 09:00:12 am »
The Enterprise also has an annoying tendency to lose its starboard power coupling after taking the slightest hit.  Even if the shields were up.

The more I watch how Picard behaves in TNG vs how he behaves in the movies, the more I'm convinced that the Enterprise=D was a poorly built ship and her captain was fully aware of it, hence his lack of aggression.  When provided with a more resilient vessel, he became more willing to engage in combat. ;D

It didnt have anything to do with the children on the -D?

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2004, 09:55:36 am »
An excellent point.

Offline Redshift the Kook

• Nondescript
  • Lt.
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2004, 07:05:47 am »
Lol, so what about poor Sisko? I know a lot of the time he didn't do much but there were instances where he went "medieval" on the Dominian.
All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being obvious.

Offline IKSKevin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2004, 02:04:31 pm »
What about the start of the Dominion Wars....the lead attack vessels were Galaxies....they were kicking butt and taking names...they should just release a 2 hour long, "Star Trek Ship Wars"....send it RIGHT to video....it would sell good...no story line, just lots of ST ships fighting....**sigh**

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2004, 04:32:26 pm »
In TNG, Picard was given a ship with over 1000 people on it, at least 300 of which were civilians or children.  As such, he had to act more like a mayor of a town than the commander of the Federation Flagship.  In the movies, Picard was given a ship of battle, staffed by 700 of the Starfleet's finest, to back up the Picard that beat down a Ferengi ship 3 times the size of his Stargazer 30(?) years previous.

I think Picard is the better officer, able to adapt to different situations.  Janeway by all rights should've had her ass handed to her MANY MANY times and IF she ever managed to get home it should've been in a stolen Kazon or Hirogen ship.... wait... Hirogen?   they'd ler her steal a ship?!?  LMAO

There is one episode that describes the whole series:  Year of Hell.

I pose another question:  Archer or Picard
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline IKSKevin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2004, 02:52:19 pm »
Picard by far....ALTHOUGH I am one of the few die-hard Star Trek fans that enjoys "Enterprise"...I really hope it doens't get canceled. ???

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2004, 07:09:00 pm »
Hear!  Hear!  Paramount!  Keep the show on!