Topic: [WIP] Been a while since I've made one of these...  (Read 12582 times)

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
Re: [WIP] Been a while since I've made one of these...
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2005, 11:11:58 am »
I'm sure the shuttle pilots really enjoy having a big important nacelle to avoid when they leave and arrive on the ship each time. Even if I kept the nacelle low (makes the bussard kinda useless, doesn't it?), the top shuttle bay would still cut it close when launching shuttles.

Somehow, I doubt the Galaxy-X creators were too concerned with design aesthetics and common sense when they made that thing.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2005, 11:19:33 am »
What about the Nebula-class, WZ?  Aside from the Phoenix and Melbourne variants, I'm sure it's the case for many shuttlecraft pilots operating on Nebula-class Starships, having to avoid the pylon supporting the triangular-shaped pod every time.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2005, 02:35:02 pm »
Actually Chris on the Nebula ( and her 3 varients) I have seen the shuttlebay placed into the weapon pod support structure so it wouldn't interfere with any but the saucer bay. Perhaps that's another solution. No saucer bay, and make the third narcelle support wide enough to house shuttlebays ?
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2005, 03:11:44 pm »
...or simply not bother with a "Titan-X" at all? Really, all it would end up being is the Titan with a third nacelle and pylon welded onto it. The other fanboyish elements of the Galaxy-X wouldn't have a place on this design if for no other reason than having to rework parts of the ship to accommodate the new ones. I *might* release a conversion kit later on, which has custom engineered parts for a Titan-X version for kitbashers to use. As far as me making one directly though, I don't have any plans for it.

The saucer shuttle bay on the Nebula and the aft saucer phasers were probably intended for a non-pod version of the ship or some other configuration that doesn't have those parts obstructed. The supposed shuttle bay in the aft pod pylon would most likely be used when the normal pod is installed.
DRS Forums

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2005, 04:06:51 pm »
Uhhhh......what's B&B stand for?  Sorry, I don't have cable TV.  :-(

Beavis and Butthead  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok... ouch my stomach It's time to stop joking. Chris is telling the truth  above ;D

But as for WZ's work it is awesome. As I said... no disrespect but full respect. There are really few designs that kicks ass. Most of them are yours WZ. This one keeps my mouth open in a strange grimace of amusement and I can't speak thus words cannot express how I like this ship from a pic :)

Great work and keep going  :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: (but please don't call this ship another Titan - there are lots of Titans and she is to beautyfull ship to be under command of William T Riker)
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2005, 04:23:21 pm »
(but please don't call this ship another Titan - there are lots of Titans and she is to beautyfull ship to be under command of William T Riker)

If he releases blanks, you can substitute the Titan name.  Besides, this ship had already been named the Titan when it was using Atolm's model when WZ retextured it.  Consider this a design upgrade from that Titan model.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2005, 05:20:16 pm »
Damn WZ, better and better!! ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2005, 09:30:55 pm »
...or simply not bother with a "Titan-X" at all? Really, all it would end up being is the Titan with a third nacelle and pylon welded onto it. The other fanboyish elements of the Galaxy-X wouldn't have a place on this design if for no other reason than having to rework parts of the ship to accommodate the new ones. I *might* release a conversion kit later on, which has custom engineered parts for a Titan-X version for kitbashers to use. As far as me making one directly though, I don't have any plans for it.

The saucer shuttle bay on the Nebula and the aft saucer phasers were probably intended for a non-pod version of the ship or some other configuration that doesn't have those parts obstructed. The supposed shuttle bay in the aft pod pylon would most likely be used when the normal pod is installed.

I was thinking perhaps instead of that supercannon, something more like the twin blasters on the Ronin? They could be shoved under the leading edge of the saucer, or eveb above the deflector. Plus you wouldn't want something that looks like a replica of the agt ent-d anyways. In either event this ship has plenty of potential.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2005, 09:38:03 pm »
Well, like your quote of WZ, Starforce, there's little originality in adding a third nacelle, giving it a big gun or two and calling it the "Whatever-X".  It's also fanboy-ish a design as WZ said it is.  Just be glad he's thinking about the possibility of a "conversion kit".

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2005, 09:41:53 pm »
BUMP!  Gotta keep this baby on top.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2005, 03:07:08 am »
The entire top half of the saucer is finished, including a redone set of escape pods. The lower half of the hull is also completed along with a few other details.

DRS Forums

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2005, 07:05:28 am »
Awesome man. Pure awesomeness :D
// Darkthunder

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2005, 07:18:24 am »
Well, like your quote of WZ, Starforce, there's little originality in adding a third nacelle, giving it a big gun or two and calling it the "Whatever-X".  It's also fanboy-ish a design as WZ said it is.  Just be glad he's thinking about the possibility of a "conversion kit".

yea I wasn't saying it wasn't fanboyish. Just like with the quote...might not be very original but it can still work..I just quoted that cuz it gave me a laugh.

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2005, 08:08:26 am »
owns
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2005, 08:11:33 am »
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Need I say more?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2005, 01:20:44 pm »
Attention to detail, accuracy and perfection..... you can stare at these WIP and still not find anything to pick up....

:thumbsup:  ;)

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2005, 09:30:39 pm »
I like the fact that this is more or less a Galaxy Class, with Sovereign elements. Best Titan mesh i've seen yet.
// Darkthunder

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2005, 04:24:52 pm »
Wow! That is one of the most beautiful models i have ever seen. Can't wait for this one. Btw WZ are you planning on doing a Galaxy-class at any point? If this is anything to go by it would be top notch.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2005, 05:33:30 pm »
looking beautiful bud, can't wait to reak destruction on it.... err i mean blow up some orions, thats it orions ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2005, 07:19:09 pm »
Wow! That is one of the most beautiful models i have ever seen. Can't wait for this one. Btw WZ are you planning on doing a Galaxy-class at any point? If this is anything to go by it would be top notch.

Who says I haven't already?
DRS Forums