Topic: Needs some help with SFC III  (Read 936 times)

Offline Trekcross

• Lt. Junior Grade
Needs some help with SFC III
« on: March 24, 2005, 07:31:03 am »
Hey folks, I finaly got my SFC III working on my XP machine,and have got a dilima on the campaings.  While doing the Klingon mission, the first one deliverning the ambasador to Unity Station, what happens next?  The game seems to pause and no new mission objectives happen.  Looking though the captains log there is a request to patrol, and I have circled th e outer bounderies,but find nothing.  I did find a walkthough that says the station is suppose to ask  you to investigate a scanner shadow and use a anti-cloaking scan, but I thoght that was a Federation only devices.  Any help would be appricated.

Also, Does the Ship Editor three allow you to modifie files in SFC III?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Needs some help with SFC III
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 08:26:35 am »
Patch you game to v534_b

Check the announcements section of this board for the v534_b patch.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Trekcross

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:32:03 am »
Thanks, that got it working....was driving me crazy.  Does the ship editor 3 work with this version or is there another editor to put ships into the SFC III?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 10:29:26 am »
There is no shipedit for SFC 3.. entering ships into the DefaultCore and Defaultloadout folder is done manually.

Adding ship models is done manually by editing the affore files or by replacing the default game models..

You need to remember that editing the DefaultCore and DefaultLoadOut files will cause CRC Cheat messages in Gamespy Arcade and/or lock out of a Dynaverse server unless you have a Mod that everyone else is already using...

In Single player, you can edit to your heart's content.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team