Topic: 10 minutes of Batman  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: 10 minutes of Batman
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 03:56:05 pm »
Wife drinks Bud Ice, I only drink MGD.  So, we buy his and her beer. Besides, after watching a show on TV the other night and discovering what Noodling is, I can understand the shortage of Okies with taste.  Don't ya'll have fishing poles?;D

Of course we do, But don't you know how much Pr0n we have to watch to get the worms hard? Heck, only the best of us like me can even afford a Pole transplant.

Man have we hijacked the hell out of this one. Noodling indeed.

Stephen

PS. My ole lady like coors light actually, but will drink Bud Light. Personaly, I'm just going to rent a keg on the Birthday/Dyna thingie, and let everyone else Bring there Own Booze.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 05:03:02 pm »
Coors light?  Isn't that like drinking a neutered diet Pepsi diluted with water for a buzz?  Iron City west is what we call that!!  ;D  Noodling is barehanded catfishing.  I was shocked to find out people actually do that! 

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Tirus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Got Cloak?
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 11:37:19 am »
Where I come from people that try to catch fish that way get to see the fish swim off with their hand.

We get a lot of dazed one handed fishermen in the airport heading back South mumbling to themselves: "I didn't know a fresh water fish could do that".

To get this thread back on track...I understand Batman enjoys fishing while reading Philip K. Dick stories and drinking Guinness.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 11:41:56 am »
To get this thread back on track...I understand Batman enjoys fishing while reading Philip K. Dick stories and drinking Guinness.

LOL, +1 for that Belly laugh.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 11:35:49 pm »
Just thought I'd pop in and say the new Batman was phenominal. It's basically the way Batman should be protrayed to you as an adult, and not a 10 year old watching saturday morning cartoons.  Very, very good. I would say it is easily going to go down as the best one ever.

On a side note,

Smirnoff Ice/Triple Black.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 09:49:40 am »
Just thought I'd pop in and say the new Batman was phenominal. It's basically the way Batman should be protrayed to you as an adult, and not a 10 year old watching saturday morning cartoons.  Very, very good. I would say it is easily going to go down as the best one ever.

On a side note,

Smirnoff Ice/Triple Black.

Too cool Iceman. I had read one of the Script Drafts aboput a year ago, and It seems like It's going to be a great movie.

stephen

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2005, 11:56:30 am »
Where I come from people that try to catch fish that way get to see the fish swim off with their hand.

We get a lot of dazed one handed fishermen in the airport heading back South mumbling to themselves: "I didn't know a fresh water fish could do that".

heheheh

I'm glad you found this pict ..  that one is almost as big as the barracuda I caught   ( he was right at 6' long)  ....

and YES  fresh water or not ...   those puppies have a mouth full of teeth ..  and they KNOW how to use them !   Some fresh water fish have razor sharp gill plates to with them as well !

AND  ...  as for the topic at hand...

I saw the movie.  And while it does get away from the "comic" styled Batman ...  and is some what estranged ...  frankly I think it did a BEAUTIFUL job of painting a picture of a rich eccentric who was well equipped mentally, physically,  and financially to get the job done.

I thought that the Bat-mobile was a bit odd ....  but ...  heheheh  I have to admit  ...  IT WAS GREAT !
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2005, 10:25:15 pm »
I loved it!  It was fast, furious, and the bad guys get kicked in the nuts at the end.

My favorite line:  "What's point of doing all those push ups if you can't even move a bloody log?"