Topic: Rebirth of an Empire!  (Read 14107 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: Rebirth of an Empire!
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 07:13:41 pm »
These are great. I think you should talk to MrCue and have him set up a Terran Empire folder at Battleclinic and upload 'em there
-MP

Great Idea.

For the first few WIPS of the GALAXIES AT WAR Mod that Rod O' Neal, myself and others were working on I propsed that the Mirror Universe Imperials be more uniform in their ship designs and Darkdrone's kitbashed USS Odyssey fit in nicely to that plan. Your textures will enhance these models greatly:

P81's Excalibur should remain a CX

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,b2b16cd857fdea43cb8649f44bf0cd96.zip Reliant-A CL
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,5ed9b81e9ba592d5b86a67f15a017719.zip  Odyssey BCH
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,42523307a35f64ef74adb1e6ca88607f.zip Odyssey BB
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,d124ca8f07d08f72d7adf2629f9a2835.zip Araxes DD (bumped to a DD by the Apache)
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,52f8adca87a2c09b17ac7d9f09aff7a0.zip Apache DX

Firesoul's OP+ 4.0 has an excellent Odyssey based FDN in it named the USS Star League.

There is a plain Odyssey CA out there too.

Just need to find the Cyrenaica and have it scaled down to a FF and my concept of the Imperial fleet is done.

Time to dust off the Mirror Imperial collection....

Here's what I use as the ISS Star League-A  Imperial FDN:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:53:46 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 09:30:34 pm »
HOOAH!  I finished her!  She is 100% done.  All we need to do is have a Terran Empire folder made at the Battleclinic and she is ready to rock.  I'm going to start working on another one of those ships, not sure which.  I will have some pics of the next one before I go to bed.  Until then, here is the Imperial Starship Excalibur!
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:21 pm »
Well that was easy, 2 down  ;D.  Hey I might just get a third done lol.  Tomorrow though, I have to load a truck because my Grandmother is moving so I might not be on, or I might be on late.  But here are some pics of the Imperial Starship Araxes.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 11:23:03 pm »
This thread reminded me of an unfinished retexture of the Defiant I had lying around:

DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 02:35:46 am »
Beautiful work.  The textures look great, and the T.E. insignia is perfectly placed in my opinion.  Those ships though do need new higher res, higher detailed textures though.  Care to take a stab at making my Resurrection into a ship from the Terran Empire?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 11:11:29 am »
Personally I think the hull should be a darker shade of grey.  A while ago, I created several Terran Empire retextures of TMP era starships (which I haven't released) and I made them all a darker shade of grey, had the Terran Empire ensignia oriented like the last pictures show, and gave the blue areas, like the warp engines and some patches on the hull, a reddish color.

Well then, lets have a look at them please. ;)

KF
Ok, here are some frames from an animation that I made with them.  I never released them because I never bothered getting permission from the original authors (except for the Okinawa, Akula, and Ulysses class ships since those are my models) since this was for my own personal use.  The video file is slightly too large to post here, otherwise it would have been in the render thread a couple of months ago.  I think that the Mirror Universe ships should Feel different rather than LOOK different, so the differences in these ships are small and subtle.  Here is also a picture of some TOS Terran Empire retextures of Lord Schtupp's ships.  If anyone is interested in them, I already have permission from Lord Schtupp to share these.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 04:16:45 pm »
 ;D I would LOVE to watch thatTMP Imperial movie!
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 04:23:57 pm »
psp can do the same and even better than ps but just not curved text.
I quess i could do mirror universe ships from now on because i thought mirror universe was alot cooler than the usual one theyve used throughout ST :P
(take terra prime for example, not close but close enough >:}} )
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 04:34:46 pm »
I made it as an intro video for a SFC3 mod that I made for my graphics class last semester.  I made sure the Professor knew which ships or textures were mine and which were someone else's.  If you PM me, I can email you the video.  I made it with Windows Movie Maker (which I now hate with a passion).  The video is not very good quality and the sound effects don't blend as well as I would like them too.  I made a much cleaner version of this video with Adobe Premier, but the video file was rediculously huge and I had some problems with static when I had too many sounds playing at one time.  Unfortunately, my professor is the only one who might still have a copy of that video file and I don't have Premier on my computer, so I can't readily make a new one.

Does anyone know of a good free video editing program that would allow me to create a video out of individual frames playing at 30 frames per second?  That's how I got a really good quality video with Premier, but Windows Movie Maker doesn't play individual frames that fast.  I had to render the video in 3ds max as a video file, which caused me to lose quality, in order to use Windows Movie Maker.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 04:42:12 pm »
PSP can do curved text as easily as PS, it just takes a little practice to get used to it.
DRS Forums

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 04:43:50 pm »
PSP can do curved text as easily as PS, it just takes a little practice to get used to it.

not nearly as easily, not even close. way too difficult.
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2005, 05:12:13 pm »

Don't forget to change the bottom saucer registry as well  ;). Nice work
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005, 06:12:50 pm »
The registry doesn't need to be changed, does it?  The ISS Enterprise from "Mirror, Mirror" was still NCC-1701...
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005, 09:18:57 pm »
I don't think it needs to be changed either, unless he means the coloring of the font.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005, 09:52:48 pm »
Beautiful work.  The textures look great, and the T.E. insignia is perfectly placed in my opinion.  Those ships though do need new higher res, higher detailed textures though.  Care to take a stab at making my Resurrection into a ship from the Terran Empire?

I could do that, is it posted at the Battleclinic?  I did a search there for Resurrection and it didnt bring up any results.  I like the Mirror Universe a lot.  It does seem cooler than our universe.  It's just kinda nice to see the heros be the villians for a change.  I dont know about the Galaxy class textures.  Those are a little harder to make changes to.  I also did this lastnight but couldnt post because of nightly maintinance, so I just went to bed.  But here she is now.  Oh yeah and WZ, Awesome Defiant!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 10:50:24 pm »
 ;D Nice work.

You should release these as they get done....

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 11:39:51 pm »
The Galaxy textures are beautiful, and shouldn't be changed, except to give them that Terran Empire feel.  It's the other ships that I was talking about, such as the Reliant A and the Excalibur, those type ships.  They need fresh new textures, not only for being Terran Empire ships, but also for being Federation ships.

And as for the Resurrection, no, none of the ships I have bashed to this point have been posted to battleclinic.  They are currently posted over at www.sfc3files.com and also on the Outalance server.  Downloading the Resurrection from Outalance is easier though, in my opinion anyway.  Not as much content, and also they're stored in my own little section.

http://outalance.battleclinic.com/daihak/Ships/

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 11:40:34 pm »
P.S.

I can redo any of the registries you wish.  :-D 

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 12:45:27 am »
not nearly as easily, not even close. way too difficult.

All you gotta do is draw a circle and type in some text.
DRS Forums

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 01:41:24 am »
I myself dont have the ability to create new textures.  I'm just messing with the colors on the old ones.  I have made the illumination look better though.  The textures for the ship are really nice, they just need to be higher res.  Right now they are at 512x512.  Someone who is really good at texturing should just raise the res.  The Ressurection is actually a really good name for the, well, ressurection of the Terran Empire.  I'm sure in the next few days I can make some Imperial textures for her.  I have a book of Warships and a lot of the English ones have some good names for TE ships.

Warrior
Minotaur
Colossus
Victoria
Revenge
Invincible
Victorious
Illustrious
Indomitable
Courageous
Furious

Just to name a few lol.  On the Galaxy, i'm sure I can eventually come up with some nice textures for her as well.