Topic: Rebirth of an Empire!  (Read 14122 times)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
Rebirth of an Empire!
« on: July 30, 2005, 04:17:22 pm »
This really isn’t that big of a contribution but I thought it was pretty cool.  Basically all I did was remove the Starfleet insignia and added the Terran Empire one.  Then I changed USS to ISS.  Just thought I’d share.  Maybe someone might want it or something.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Rebirth of an Empire!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 06:25:32 pm »
Somebody still needs to make the ISS Enterprise-D from Diane Duane's "Dark Mirror..."  ;)
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 07:21:13 pm »
 ;D Nice work!

I'd love to see this symbol on say the TMP Odyssey [sp?] by P81...

In the version of Galaxies at War That I am trying to play, P81's Excalibur and D2 Odyssey BB/kitbashes make up my Mirror TMP fleet.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 07:49:25 pm »
Here are some more additions.  What I'd really like to see is some yellow markings like the NX-01 Enterprise.  But i'm not that good lol, I can only add Imperial Insignia.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 08:13:34 pm »
Forgive me if my geekiness is offending anyone, but didn't the Terran Empire die out way before the time of the real universe's TNG?

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 08:37:54 pm »
Hey, who's to say there's only one "Mirror" Universe?  ;)  Considering that DS9 majorly screwed up the MU continuity (saying in their season 7 MU ep that the MU didn't have cloaking devices, when in fact they did in one of the earlier eps), there actually almost has to be now...
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 10:18:31 pm »
Well, my idea was that people from the mirror universe steel Transphasic torpedoes and start mass producing them.  Once they do that they’re pretty much unstoppable.  So once they start destroy Alliance facilities and eventually start to build ships from blueprints of our ships.  I would like to have the Sovereign Class ISS Enterprise NCC-1701-A, (A because there wouldn’t have been an A unless you follow the SFC timeline), there first ship, but I was going to wait for the new CG Sovereign to come out.  But anyways, I hope this is the Excalibur you were talking about KF.  It wasn’t as easy as the Galaxy though because the textures weren’t as good.  The ship itself is excellent, but someone should create more detailed textures.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 10:31:16 pm by Spartan - 117 »

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 01:24:04 am »
I love the concept, but if I may offer a bit of advice?  The Terran Empire insignia, on the ships, where they meet the red stripes, rotate the insignia 180 degrees.  For some reason I think it would look more accurate, for these ships being post-TOS Terran Empire ships. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 02:29:12 am »
I love the concept, but if I may offer a bit of advice?  The Terran Empire insignia, on the ships, where they meet the red stripes, rotate the insignia 180 degrees.  For some reason I think it would look more accurate, for these ships being post-TOS Terran Empire ships. 

How does this look?  I also made the insignia bigger on the Excalibur.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 05:27:21 am »

How does this look?  I also made the insignia bigger on the Excalibur.

Excellent work. How soon before the new textures on the ISS Excalibur are available?
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 08:10:37 am »
Personally I think the hull should be a darker shade of grey.  A while ago, I created several Terran Empire retextures of TMP era starships (which I haven't released) and I made them all a darker shade of grey, had the Terran Empire ensignia oriented like the last pictures show, and gave the blue areas, like the warp engines and some patches on the hull, a reddish color.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 08:25:34 am »
Personally I think the hull should be a darker shade of grey.  A while ago, I created several Terran Empire retextures of TMP era starships (which I haven't released) and I made them all a darker shade of grey, had the Terran Empire ensignia oriented like the last pictures show, and gave the blue areas, like the warp engines and some patches on the hull, a reddish color.

Well then, lets have a look at them please. ;)

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 02:02:21 pm »
I would actually like to make those blue areas Yellow, to follow the theme of WZ's ships.

http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty2.jpg
http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty4.jpg

If I had Photoshop I would have done that already, but I dont so I can't lol.  I could try to do it but it would probably look Microsoft Paint-ish.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 02:21:59 pm »
I would actually like to make those blue areas Yellow, to follow the theme of WZ's ships.

http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty2.jpg
http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty4.jpg

If I had Photoshop I would have done that already, but I dont so I can't lol.  I could try to do it but it would probably look Microsoft Paint-ish.

Works for me. I am looking forward to them.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 03:02:30 pm »
Well I made them Yellow.  Although I still wish I had a photoshop program.  Does anyone know if Paintshop Pro would be about the same as photoshop, for color changing at least.  Because I think I can get a copy of that.  But anyways, I didnt change the color of the Blue on the bottom of the saucer because it didnt work too well.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 03:16:57 pm »
 ;D

Try this for the saucer bottom:

You'll have to convert it to a bmp and use it for the corresponding other saucer bottoms too.

Qapla!

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 03:44:44 pm »
That's much better.  What program did you use to do that?  I need to go shopping  ;D.  I think this color looks better than the bright yellow of before though.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »
That's much better.  What program did you use to do that?  I need to go shopping  ;D.  I think this color looks better than the bright yellow of before though.

Nicely done! I use Irfanview a free program that can be found using Google or any search engine, LOL.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 05:47:53 pm »
Cool, I downloaded the program and i'm starting to get to know it.  Soon I might be able to come out with some really awesome Imperial Ships.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 05:52:41 pm »
These are great. I think you should talk to MrCue and have him set up a Terran Empire folder at Battleclinic and upload 'em there
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.