Topic: Rebirth of an Empire!  (Read 14103 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: Rebirth of an Empire!
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 07:28:55 pm »
 ;D BUMP to the top...

Spartan - 117

I would be in a much better position to assist retexturing the P81 style fleet if you release at least the Exaclibur and the Reliant-A on Battle clinic.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 11:48:46 pm »
I have absolutely no idea how to do that lol.  But if you have the Excalibur then I can send you a zip with the modified textures in your e-mail and you can enlarge them to fit the ship.  A SFC3 version would be nice too.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2005, 01:51:57 am »
Personally I would rather see those older ships, with the lower res textures, completely redone, with brand new, from scratch, 1024x1024 textures.  I know it can be done, but would anyone do it.  Not sure.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2005, 07:21:35 am »
I don't think it needs to be changed either, unless he means the coloring of the font.

YUP that's what i meant

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2005, 07:24:24 am »
Just need to find the Cyrenaica and have it scaled down to a FF and my concept of the Imperial fleet is done.

IIRC it's at Battleclinic as well.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2005, 11:23:28 am »
Just need to find the Cyrenaica and have it scaled down to a FF and my concept of the Imperial fleet is done.

Thanks MP.

Everytime I do a search for it I get bounced to the latest ten d/l at Battleclinic. I have the ship on disk somewhere... I just would like to see it scaled down to FFF size.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2005, 03:15:07 pm »

Thanks MP.

Everytime I do a search for it I get bounced to the latest ten d/l at Battleclinic. I have the ship on disk somewhere... I just would like to see it scaled down to FFF size.

KF

It's not a very large ship to begin with, just an FDX saucer with weapon pod etc. If you want I can run it through the ship edit(when ya find it) and alter it to an FFF weapon/system wise.
-MP

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2005, 04:28:33 pm »
The Araxes and Excalibur have been uploaded to the Battleclinic!  ;D  Just go the Terran Empire section and enjoy!
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2005, 05:26:33 pm »
 ;D

The Apache FDX heavy destroyer looks good in Imperial colors. It just needs a new registry number and ISS Apache added which I can't do. It doesn't really bother me that its the Araxes registry though.

A minor issue is that the LOD 2 and LOD 3 show the original textures. I fixed this on my copy by copying and resizing the corresponding new textures you did. The great thing about Battleclinic is you can edit/tweak the model and reupload it with no problem.

On a personal note, I prefer the alternating black/blue on the warp engines... a minor tweak to do on my part.

KF
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 05:58:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 09:33:51 pm »
 ;D I was able to fudge the USS into ISS Avatar for this 3 engined Araxes variant:

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 02:04:59 am »

Thanks MP.

KF
Unfortunatley the owner of the model contacted me and asked me to remove the model from the docks, along with a few others he had done due to them not being up to his expectations.

Its a shame, i dont think there are any bad models produced.

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2005, 03:19:19 am »

Thanks MP.

KF
Unfortunatley the owner of the model contacted me and asked me to remove the model from the docks, along with a few others he had done due to them not being up to his expectations.

Its a shame, i dont think there are any bad models produced.

hope we're not talking about the p81 kitbashes as seen above as no kitbasher should be able to claim a bash as his own model or forbid further modifications to it unless specifically requested by the original modeler.
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2005, 05:11:19 am »
Yes, they were P81 bashes.

Im not too familiar with the whole model scene, so i dont know how to determine the owner.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2005, 09:20:03 am »
Yes, they were P81 bashes.

Im not too familiar with the whole model scene, so i dont know how to determine the owner.

well if the original modeler has given open permission for kitbashing, the kitbasher cant make such claims or give such orders (although a kitbasher CAN claim a _DESIGN_ as his own but model parts, not).... however, sometimes the line is drawn in the water like in the case of the old knox1711 bashes of p81 ships where alot of the ship was remodeled but as you can see from the ships above, this is not the case right now. (but a kitbasher can control where he wants his works/designs to be kept , like me, my bashes, my site. :P )

the final line being; theyre basic P81 kitbashes and he gave open permissions for modifications. the kitbasher in this case has no say in it.

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2005, 10:05:01 am »
I have returned them to the docks based on them being created from models that were freely avaliable and not original creations.

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2005, 10:10:30 am »
All kinds of good stuff here. I'm geting throughly spoiled this week!
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2005, 11:17:02 am »
I have returned them to the docks based on them being created from models that were freely avaliable and not original creations.

You da man Mr.Cue !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2005, 04:37:36 pm »

good :)
if the 'basher reads this; my apologies m8 but this is how it goes when you bash stuff.
and btw cue, you might want to add these policies somewhere on the site just as a FYI and a general notification?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2005, 10:29:21 pm »
 ;D

Thanks Mackie and Mr. Cue!

Just waiting for the rest of the fleet...

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2005, 12:35:49 am »
np :)

and oh yes, you folks might want to read up on the generic open source "laws/rules" as theyre very similar to the issue at hand ;)