Topic: Rebirth of an Empire!  (Read 14108 times)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
Rebirth of an Empire!
« on: July 30, 2005, 04:17:22 pm »
This really isn’t that big of a contribution but I thought it was pretty cool.  Basically all I did was remove the Starfleet insignia and added the Terran Empire one.  Then I changed USS to ISS.  Just thought I’d share.  Maybe someone might want it or something.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Rebirth of an Empire!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 06:25:32 pm »
Somebody still needs to make the ISS Enterprise-D from Diane Duane's "Dark Mirror..."  ;)
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 07:21:13 pm »
 ;D Nice work!

I'd love to see this symbol on say the TMP Odyssey [sp?] by P81...

In the version of Galaxies at War That I am trying to play, P81's Excalibur and D2 Odyssey BB/kitbashes make up my Mirror TMP fleet.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 07:49:25 pm »
Here are some more additions.  What I'd really like to see is some yellow markings like the NX-01 Enterprise.  But i'm not that good lol, I can only add Imperial Insignia.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 08:13:34 pm »
Forgive me if my geekiness is offending anyone, but didn't the Terran Empire die out way before the time of the real universe's TNG?

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 08:37:54 pm »
Hey, who's to say there's only one "Mirror" Universe?  ;)  Considering that DS9 majorly screwed up the MU continuity (saying in their season 7 MU ep that the MU didn't have cloaking devices, when in fact they did in one of the earlier eps), there actually almost has to be now...

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 10:18:31 pm »
Well, my idea was that people from the mirror universe steel Transphasic torpedoes and start mass producing them.  Once they do that they’re pretty much unstoppable.  So once they start destroy Alliance facilities and eventually start to build ships from blueprints of our ships.  I would like to have the Sovereign Class ISS Enterprise NCC-1701-A, (A because there wouldn’t have been an A unless you follow the SFC timeline), there first ship, but I was going to wait for the new CG Sovereign to come out.  But anyways, I hope this is the Excalibur you were talking about KF.  It wasn’t as easy as the Galaxy though because the textures weren’t as good.  The ship itself is excellent, but someone should create more detailed textures.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 10:31:16 pm by Spartan - 117 »

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 01:24:04 am »
I love the concept, but if I may offer a bit of advice?  The Terran Empire insignia, on the ships, where they meet the red stripes, rotate the insignia 180 degrees.  For some reason I think it would look more accurate, for these ships being post-TOS Terran Empire ships. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 02:29:12 am »
I love the concept, but if I may offer a bit of advice?  The Terran Empire insignia, on the ships, where they meet the red stripes, rotate the insignia 180 degrees.  For some reason I think it would look more accurate, for these ships being post-TOS Terran Empire ships. 

How does this look?  I also made the insignia bigger on the Excalibur.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 05:27:21 am »

How does this look?  I also made the insignia bigger on the Excalibur.

Excellent work. How soon before the new textures on the ISS Excalibur are available?
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 08:10:37 am »
Personally I think the hull should be a darker shade of grey.  A while ago, I created several Terran Empire retextures of TMP era starships (which I haven't released) and I made them all a darker shade of grey, had the Terran Empire ensignia oriented like the last pictures show, and gave the blue areas, like the warp engines and some patches on the hull, a reddish color.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 08:25:34 am »
Personally I think the hull should be a darker shade of grey.  A while ago, I created several Terran Empire retextures of TMP era starships (which I haven't released) and I made them all a darker shade of grey, had the Terran Empire ensignia oriented like the last pictures show, and gave the blue areas, like the warp engines and some patches on the hull, a reddish color.

Well then, lets have a look at them please. ;)

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 02:02:21 pm »
I would actually like to make those blue areas Yellow, to follow the theme of WZ's ships.

http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty2.jpg
http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty4.jpg

If I had Photoshop I would have done that already, but I dont so I can't lol.  I could try to do it but it would probably look Microsoft Paint-ish.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 02:21:59 pm »
I would actually like to make those blue areas Yellow, to follow the theme of WZ's ships.

http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty2.jpg
http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/images/gallery/terran_relentless_beauty4.jpg

If I had Photoshop I would have done that already, but I dont so I can't lol.  I could try to do it but it would probably look Microsoft Paint-ish.

Works for me. I am looking forward to them.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 03:02:30 pm »
Well I made them Yellow.  Although I still wish I had a photoshop program.  Does anyone know if Paintshop Pro would be about the same as photoshop, for color changing at least.  Because I think I can get a copy of that.  But anyways, I didnt change the color of the Blue on the bottom of the saucer because it didnt work too well.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 03:16:57 pm »
 ;D

Try this for the saucer bottom:

You'll have to convert it to a bmp and use it for the corresponding other saucer bottoms too.

Qapla!

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 03:44:44 pm »
That's much better.  What program did you use to do that?  I need to go shopping  ;D.  I think this color looks better than the bright yellow of before though.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »
That's much better.  What program did you use to do that?  I need to go shopping  ;D.  I think this color looks better than the bright yellow of before though.

Nicely done! I use Irfanview a free program that can be found using Google or any search engine, LOL.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 05:47:53 pm »
Cool, I downloaded the program and i'm starting to get to know it.  Soon I might be able to come out with some really awesome Imperial Ships.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 05:52:41 pm »
These are great. I think you should talk to MrCue and have him set up a Terran Empire folder at Battleclinic and upload 'em there
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 07:13:41 pm »
These are great. I think you should talk to MrCue and have him set up a Terran Empire folder at Battleclinic and upload 'em there
-MP

Great Idea.

For the first few WIPS of the GALAXIES AT WAR Mod that Rod O' Neal, myself and others were working on I propsed that the Mirror Universe Imperials be more uniform in their ship designs and Darkdrone's kitbashed USS Odyssey fit in nicely to that plan. Your textures will enhance these models greatly:

P81's Excalibur should remain a CX

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,b2b16cd857fdea43cb8649f44bf0cd96.zip Reliant-A CL
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,5ed9b81e9ba592d5b86a67f15a017719.zip  Odyssey BCH
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,42523307a35f64ef74adb1e6ca88607f.zip Odyssey BB
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,d124ca8f07d08f72d7adf2629f9a2835.zip Araxes DD (bumped to a DD by the Apache)
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,52f8adca87a2c09b17ac7d9f09aff7a0.zip Apache DX

Firesoul's OP+ 4.0 has an excellent Odyssey based FDN in it named the USS Star League.

There is a plain Odyssey CA out there too.

Just need to find the Cyrenaica and have it scaled down to a FF and my concept of the Imperial fleet is done.

Time to dust off the Mirror Imperial collection....

Here's what I use as the ISS Star League-A  Imperial FDN:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:53:46 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 09:30:34 pm »
HOOAH!  I finished her!  She is 100% done.  All we need to do is have a Terran Empire folder made at the Battleclinic and she is ready to rock.  I'm going to start working on another one of those ships, not sure which.  I will have some pics of the next one before I go to bed.  Until then, here is the Imperial Starship Excalibur!

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:21 pm »
Well that was easy, 2 down  ;D.  Hey I might just get a third done lol.  Tomorrow though, I have to load a truck because my Grandmother is moving so I might not be on, or I might be on late.  But here are some pics of the Imperial Starship Araxes.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 11:23:03 pm »
This thread reminded me of an unfinished retexture of the Defiant I had lying around:

DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 02:35:46 am »
Beautiful work.  The textures look great, and the T.E. insignia is perfectly placed in my opinion.  Those ships though do need new higher res, higher detailed textures though.  Care to take a stab at making my Resurrection into a ship from the Terran Empire?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 11:11:29 am »

Well then, lets have a look at them please. ;)

KF
Ok, here are some frames from an animation that I made with them.  I never released them because I never bothered getting permission from the original authors (except for the Okinawa, Akula, and Ulysses class ships since those are my models) since this was for my own personal use.  The video file is slightly too large to post here, otherwise it would have been in the render thread a couple of months ago.  I think that the Mirror Universe ships should Feel different rather than LOOK different, so the differences in these ships are small and subtle.  Here is also a picture of some TOS Terran Empire retextures of Lord Schtupp's ships.  If anyone is interested in them, I already have permission from Lord Schtupp to share these.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 04:16:45 pm »
 ;D I would LOVE to watch thatTMP Imperial movie!
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 04:23:57 pm »
psp can do the same and even better than ps but just not curved text.
I quess i could do mirror universe ships from now on because i thought mirror universe was alot cooler than the usual one theyve used throughout ST :P
(take terra prime for example, not close but close enough >:}} )
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 04:34:46 pm »
I made it as an intro video for a SFC3 mod that I made for my graphics class last semester.  I made sure the Professor knew which ships or textures were mine and which were someone else's.  If you PM me, I can email you the video.  I made it with Windows Movie Maker (which I now hate with a passion).  The video is not very good quality and the sound effects don't blend as well as I would like them too.  I made a much cleaner version of this video with Adobe Premier, but the video file was rediculously huge and I had some problems with static when I had too many sounds playing at one time.  Unfortunately, my professor is the only one who might still have a copy of that video file and I don't have Premier on my computer, so I can't readily make a new one.

Does anyone know of a good free video editing program that would allow me to create a video out of individual frames playing at 30 frames per second?  That's how I got a really good quality video with Premier, but Windows Movie Maker doesn't play individual frames that fast.  I had to render the video in 3ds max as a video file, which caused me to lose quality, in order to use Windows Movie Maker.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 04:42:12 pm »
PSP can do curved text as easily as PS, it just takes a little practice to get used to it.
DRS Forums

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 04:43:50 pm »
PSP can do curved text as easily as PS, it just takes a little practice to get used to it.

not nearly as easily, not even close. way too difficult.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2005, 05:12:13 pm »

Don't forget to change the bottom saucer registry as well  ;). Nice work
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005, 06:12:50 pm »
The registry doesn't need to be changed, does it?  The ISS Enterprise from "Mirror, Mirror" was still NCC-1701...

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005, 09:18:57 pm »
I don't think it needs to be changed either, unless he means the coloring of the font.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005, 09:52:48 pm »
Beautiful work.  The textures look great, and the T.E. insignia is perfectly placed in my opinion.  Those ships though do need new higher res, higher detailed textures though.  Care to take a stab at making my Resurrection into a ship from the Terran Empire?

I could do that, is it posted at the Battleclinic?  I did a search there for Resurrection and it didnt bring up any results.  I like the Mirror Universe a lot.  It does seem cooler than our universe.  It's just kinda nice to see the heros be the villians for a change.  I dont know about the Galaxy class textures.  Those are a little harder to make changes to.  I also did this lastnight but couldnt post because of nightly maintinance, so I just went to bed.  But here she is now.  Oh yeah and WZ, Awesome Defiant!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 10:50:24 pm »
 ;D Nice work.

You should release these as they get done....

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 11:39:51 pm »
The Galaxy textures are beautiful, and shouldn't be changed, except to give them that Terran Empire feel.  It's the other ships that I was talking about, such as the Reliant A and the Excalibur, those type ships.  They need fresh new textures, not only for being Terran Empire ships, but also for being Federation ships.

And as for the Resurrection, no, none of the ships I have bashed to this point have been posted to battleclinic.  They are currently posted over at www.sfc3files.com and also on the Outalance server.  Downloading the Resurrection from Outalance is easier though, in my opinion anyway.  Not as much content, and also they're stored in my own little section.

http://outalance.battleclinic.com/daihak/Ships/

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 11:40:34 pm »
P.S.

I can redo any of the registries you wish.  :-D 

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005, 12:45:27 am »
not nearly as easily, not even close. way too difficult.

All you gotta do is draw a circle and type in some text.
DRS Forums

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 01:41:24 am »
I myself dont have the ability to create new textures.  I'm just messing with the colors on the old ones.  I have made the illumination look better though.  The textures for the ship are really nice, they just need to be higher res.  Right now they are at 512x512.  Someone who is really good at texturing should just raise the res.  The Ressurection is actually a really good name for the, well, ressurection of the Terran Empire.  I'm sure in the next few days I can make some Imperial textures for her.  I have a book of Warships and a lot of the English ones have some good names for TE ships.

Warrior
Minotaur
Colossus
Victoria
Revenge
Invincible
Victorious
Illustrious
Indomitable
Courageous
Furious

Just to name a few lol.  On the Galaxy, i'm sure I can eventually come up with some nice textures for her as well.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 07:28:55 pm »
 ;D BUMP to the top...

Spartan - 117

I would be in a much better position to assist retexturing the P81 style fleet if you release at least the Exaclibur and the Reliant-A on Battle clinic.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 11:48:46 pm »
I have absolutely no idea how to do that lol.  But if you have the Excalibur then I can send you a zip with the modified textures in your e-mail and you can enlarge them to fit the ship.  A SFC3 version would be nice too.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2005, 01:51:57 am »
Personally I would rather see those older ships, with the lower res textures, completely redone, with brand new, from scratch, 1024x1024 textures.  I know it can be done, but would anyone do it.  Not sure.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2005, 07:21:35 am »
I don't think it needs to be changed either, unless he means the coloring of the font.

YUP that's what i meant

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2005, 07:24:24 am »
Just need to find the Cyrenaica and have it scaled down to a FF and my concept of the Imperial fleet is done.

IIRC it's at Battleclinic as well.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2005, 11:23:28 am »

Thanks MP.

Everytime I do a search for it I get bounced to the latest ten d/l at Battleclinic. I have the ship on disk somewhere... I just would like to see it scaled down to FFF size.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2005, 03:15:07 pm »

Thanks MP.

Everytime I do a search for it I get bounced to the latest ten d/l at Battleclinic. I have the ship on disk somewhere... I just would like to see it scaled down to FFF size.

KF

It's not a very large ship to begin with, just an FDX saucer with weapon pod etc. If you want I can run it through the ship edit(when ya find it) and alter it to an FFF weapon/system wise.
-MP

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2005, 04:28:33 pm »
The Araxes and Excalibur have been uploaded to the Battleclinic!  ;D  Just go the Terran Empire section and enjoy!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2005, 05:26:33 pm »
 ;D

The Apache FDX heavy destroyer looks good in Imperial colors. It just needs a new registry number and ISS Apache added which I can't do. It doesn't really bother me that its the Araxes registry though.

A minor issue is that the LOD 2 and LOD 3 show the original textures. I fixed this on my copy by copying and resizing the corresponding new textures you did. The great thing about Battleclinic is you can edit/tweak the model and reupload it with no problem.

On a personal note, I prefer the alternating black/blue on the warp engines... a minor tweak to do on my part.

KF
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 05:58:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2005, 09:33:51 pm »
 ;D I was able to fudge the USS into ISS Avatar for this 3 engined Araxes variant:

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 02:04:59 am »

Thanks MP.

KF
Unfortunatley the owner of the model contacted me and asked me to remove the model from the docks, along with a few others he had done due to them not being up to his expectations.

Its a shame, i dont think there are any bad models produced.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2005, 03:19:19 am »

Thanks MP.

KF
Unfortunatley the owner of the model contacted me and asked me to remove the model from the docks, along with a few others he had done due to them not being up to his expectations.

Its a shame, i dont think there are any bad models produced.

hope we're not talking about the p81 kitbashes as seen above as no kitbasher should be able to claim a bash as his own model or forbid further modifications to it unless specifically requested by the original modeler.

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2005, 05:11:19 am »
Yes, they were P81 bashes.

Im not too familiar with the whole model scene, so i dont know how to determine the owner.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2005, 09:20:03 am »
Yes, they were P81 bashes.

Im not too familiar with the whole model scene, so i dont know how to determine the owner.

well if the original modeler has given open permission for kitbashing, the kitbasher cant make such claims or give such orders (although a kitbasher CAN claim a _DESIGN_ as his own but model parts, not).... however, sometimes the line is drawn in the water like in the case of the old knox1711 bashes of p81 ships where alot of the ship was remodeled but as you can see from the ships above, this is not the case right now. (but a kitbasher can control where he wants his works/designs to be kept , like me, my bashes, my site. :P )

the final line being; theyre basic P81 kitbashes and he gave open permissions for modifications. the kitbasher in this case has no say in it.

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2005, 10:05:01 am »
I have returned them to the docks based on them being created from models that were freely avaliable and not original creations.

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2005, 10:10:30 am »
All kinds of good stuff here. I'm geting throughly spoiled this week!
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2005, 11:17:02 am »
I have returned them to the docks based on them being created from models that were freely avaliable and not original creations.

You da man Mr.Cue !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2005, 04:37:36 pm »

good :)
if the 'basher reads this; my apologies m8 but this is how it goes when you bash stuff.
and btw cue, you might want to add these policies somewhere on the site just as a FYI and a general notification?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2005, 10:29:21 pm »
 ;D

Thanks Mackie and Mr. Cue!

Just waiting for the rest of the fleet...

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2005, 12:35:49 am »
np :)

and oh yes, you folks might want to read up on the generic open source "laws/rules" as theyre very similar to the issue at hand ;)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2005, 01:14:02 am »
I have a few of these and they've been around a long time. Need to dig around and see if they use normal textures, if they do I can sub gafy ones and update them. Some like the DD above have a specialised one in the mix that gafy would need to make from scratch so I'll hafta wait a while for those.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2005, 10:04:57 pm »
 ;D

Bump.

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2005, 12:30:57 pm »
;D

The Apache FDX heavy destroyer looks good in Imperial colors. It just needs a new registry number and ISS Apache added which I can't do. It doesn't really bother me that its the Araxes registry though.

A minor issue is that the LOD 2 and LOD 3 show the original textures. I fixed this on my copy by copying and resizing the corresponding new textures you did. The great thing about Battleclinic is you can edit/tweak the model and reupload it with no problem.

On a personal note, I prefer the alternating black/blue on the warp engines... a minor tweak to do on my part.

KF

I hope the problems here aren’t caused by my kitbashed ships.  Because they really haven’t been changed except for the textures and the readme file still says P81 made them.

But anyways, on the Apache and stuff, they look great, (saves me some time doing them myself  ;D ), but the engines need to be modified too.  You can see what I mean by the pics.  If you want me to do it I can, no problem.  But also, what ship does everyone want me to do next  :D ?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:59:28 pm by Spartan - 117 »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2005, 02:00:16 pm »
 ;D

The Odyssey FBB from the D2 pack should be the next one done because just about everyone of the Odyssey kitbashes uses the same texture set.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2005, 02:55:22 pm »
Alright, the Odyssey is done and posted at the Clinic. Now  here is the ISS Resurrection for all to see.  I will post her up at the Battle Clinic when Daihak approves.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 04:02:26 pm by Spartan - 117 »

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2005, 04:07:41 pm »
I know that this is the mirror universe, but are you sure that you want to mirror the Earth image as well?  You might want to look into fixing those Terran Empire symbols.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2005, 04:30:22 pm »
I know that this is the mirror universe, but are you sure that you want to mirror the Earth image as well?  You might want to look into fixing those Terran Empire symbols.

What do you mean?  The Terran Empire insignia has always been a swoard going through the Earth.  I made it black and yellow to resemble the one painted on the ISS Enterprise NX-01.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2005, 04:43:08 pm »
i got some tmp imperials as well.

iss ursus - oberth class
iss salazar - polaris class
iss reknown - mirinda class
iss ticonderoga - enterprise class
iss constellation - constellation class
iss excelsior - excelsior class
iss sydney - sydney class
tmp shuttle
tmp starbase

all of them have a slightly darker hull and the imperial insignia on it as well as the iss prefix.
but they are all in 256x256x8bit textures. i made them to run smoothly on my old laptop.
but if youre intrested ill upload them at battleclinic.

ed  ;D
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2005, 04:46:33 pm »
i think mrtricorder means that the earth is wrong in the insignia. it shows north and south america in the east while europe is shown in the west.

ed ;)
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2005, 04:48:18 pm »
Those are sweet!  Upload them to the Battleclinic, the Terran Empire section could always use some more  ;D.

I also corrected the Earths to look right on the Resurrection.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2005, 03:11:18 am »
I posted the Imperial Starship Resurrection to the Battleclinic, I couldnt wait any longer lol.  Now I need more ideas.  What's next?  ;D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2005, 07:43:09 am »
I love the changes to the ship, especially the yellow deflector.  You could always update the warp textures using WZ's newest T.E. releases.  In fact, the warp grille on the Resurrection was taken from WZ's Vanquisher, so you could always use the T.E. Vanquisher warp engine textures as replacements.  :-D  If you want, I can make a whole new set of registries for the I.S.S. Resurrection, new text color and everything.  Just give the word.  *good thing I saved the PSD files*

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2005, 07:44:14 am »
Also on a side note, you may want to ask WZ himself about the release of the I.S.S. Resurrection over at Battleclinic.  It was his ships that I made the Resurrection out of.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2005, 01:01:49 pm »
Some new registries would be perfect.  Maybe some new names to add so there can be a fleet.  I like some of these Latin names.

Vespertilio
Eptesicus
Myotis
Barbastella
Artubeus
Tadarida
Macrotus
Antrozous
Nycteris
Molossus
Corynorhinus
Lasiurus

Those are all the names of the Batman Begins Soundtrack lol.  I’ll also ask WZ if it’s a problem for the Resurrection to be posted on the Battleclinic.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2005, 11:18:58 pm »
Give me ship names and corresponding registries, and I'll whip them up.  I've been itching to try grafting the T.E. logo from one of WZ's ships.  :-D 

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2005, 12:46:48 am »
Give me ship names and corresponding registries, and I'll whip them up.  I've been itching to try grafting the T.E. logo from one of WZ's ships.  :-D 

These sound good…

ISS Resurrection NCC – 1796
ISS Revenge NCC – 1797
ISS Victorious NCC – 1798
ISS Indomitable NCC – 1799

All those would be perfect for the Resurrection class.  That would also be great if you could get a copy of the Insignia used on WZ’s ships.  Mine are just makeshift ones made in Paint; they look nice but not professional.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2005, 02:10:09 pm »
Found it !!!!!

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,554a7786019f9365f249f3f946aa3b2c.zip

You may also wanna consider these 2 as well ...........

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,227871df8d8f15f9334a9fea87a7ebe1.zip

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,ebb861d30d9715774edc9ff6f9cd3830.zip

As for TE ship names and registries...............

Battleship: Lexington NCC-1703-C
Armoured Fighter Carrier: Capell NCO-2100
Armoured Fighter Carrier: Leonhard NCO-18000
Armoured Fighter Carrier: Pensacola NCO-9100
Armoured Shuttle Carrier: Manongehela NCO-1492
Heavy Carrier: Anhur NCO-15000
Heavy Cruiser: Enterprise NCC-1701
Heavy Cruiser: Stormbringer NCO-2900
Heavy Destroyer: Foundation NCO-5000
Light Destroyer: Browning NCO-680
Dreadnaught: Asteroth NCO-20000
Dreadnaught: Republic NCO-3000
Dreadnaught: Stormbringer II NCO-10000
Galaxy Conquest: Nemesis NCC-1824-A
Inter-Universal Traveller: Valkyrie NCO-8000
Interceptor: Remembrance NCO-18080
Planetary Defender: Hellspawn NCO-18020
Scout: Swift NCO-2200

Hope that helps
-MP

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2005, 03:17:10 pm »
Thanks ModelsPlease I'll be Imperializing those real soon.  They're sweet!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2005, 06:14:13 pm »
Thanks ModelsPlease I'll be Imperializing those real soon.  They're sweet!

My pleasure, if I find any others I'll post 'em for your consideration.
-MP

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2005, 04:04:43 am »
Hey Spartan, I thought you might enjoy this..................

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2005, 06:11:40 pm »
Nice!  :thumbsup:

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2005, 06:59:27 pm »
Hey Spartan, I thought you might enjoy this..................

Sweet!  8)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2005, 09:57:58 pm »
The Imperial Starship Dalmazia is up for download.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2005, 10:40:58 pm »
Where, sir?

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2005, 08:22:23 am »

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2005, 01:03:29 pm »
Spartan, when you can, get in touch with me so we can finish that TE logo for the ship.  Also want your input on the registry color, to see if changes need to be made.  That way I can begin releasing that texture pack for the Resurrection fleet.