Topic: The Forge - Info and Feedback  (Read 107080 times)

Offline TaskForce58

• Ensign
Re: The Forge - Info and Feedback
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2005, 02:42:25 pm »
lol..thank you for the tip. Who would have thought that a "lamer-your-not-gonna-get-credit-for-beating-me-after-a -five-hour-duel" multiplayer move would be a necessity to work around  a hidden bug :)

Im still curious as to where the 3 percent damamge came from, as i never had a shield breached. Thanks and, oh, since its a feedback post, the size of the map is not necessarily a problem, as it obviously is intended for larger player base, but movement rates maybe could be tweaked some...the larger ships moving 1 hex is fine, but your lighter, faster, and scout class ships should outdistance them logistically in deep space (maybe move rate of two) as they are easier to support. This would also promote raids, PvP, and people using something other than the biggest battleship in the shipyard. Just a thought for discussion.

The BPV given to the AI seems pretty good, allowing for some easier, some harder missions, but ive been seeing a lot of repetition in the missions available out there. Oh yeah, it was mentioned that there ARE starbase construction missions, but as yet i have not seen any base stations/starbases in the yards. Are they tied to economy, where the AI will build em, or are they player purchasable and mission orientated that way? Not that i want to seed every klingon hex with a starbase and all...but ..well..ok i DO...but still.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2005, 04:54:48 pm »
Im still curious as to where the 3 percent damamge came from, as i never had a shield breached. Thanks and, oh, since its a feedback post, the size of the map is not necessarily a problem, as it obviously is intended for larger player base, but movement rates maybe could be tweaked some...the larger ships moving 1 hex is fine, but your lighter, faster, and scout class ships should outdistance them logistically in deep space (maybe move rate of two) as they are easier to support. This would also promote raids, PvP, and people using something other than the biggest battleship in the shipyard. Just a thought for discussion.

Now that is a dandy idea! Unfortunately it is not possible with the current serverkit. I do quite like the idea though!  :thumbsup:

Yes, starbase production is tied to the empire's economy, so once your empire is built up some more, the odds of seeing a base in the yards will increase. I'd allow for their purchase on the webmap shipyard, but there is a techincal difficulty with that that I have not yet resolved.

Offline TaskForce58

• Ensign
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2005, 11:20:34 pm »
'Nuff said. though a base would be nice right about now...took my B11 deep into the unknown about 4 hyexes, ran into a Bb 2 DNH and a DNL. I won, but boyyy did it hurt. Im having to steal all the parts off everything i meet on the way back home, including allies, my ship's hit so bad. Feels like battlestar galactica, without the furry little robotic pet sidekick and that annoying kid...

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2005, 10:28:42 am »
its down :huh:

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2005, 01:24:47 pm »
Sorry, the server that The Forge is running on will be under maintenance for the next 24-48 hours. Apologies for the interruption, but we'll be back to where we left off as soon as the server maintenance is complete.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2005, 09:40:39 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline TaskForce58

• Ensign
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2005, 10:31:50 am »
Sorry, the server that The Forge is running on will be under maintenance for the next 24-48 hours. Apologies for the interruption, but we'll be back to where we left off as soon as the server maintenance is complete.

$ days later, begins to have withdrawal symptoms...news?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2005, 01:56:31 pm »
Sorry, the server that The Forge was running on is still down, waiting for word on it... I'll look at putting it on another machine for now. Hang in, it won't be long!

edit: I can't get at the files I need to move it, we'll just have to wait a bit longer till the original server is back up, shouldn't be long now, looks like work is in progress...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 02:44:48 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2005, 10:18:33 am »
OK, she's all sqeaky clean and ready to pick up where we left off!  ;D

My, it looks like that "ISC Road Building Crew" has been busy...  :o

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2005, 12:47:18 pm »
that we were till crashdown. but We will continue it.

Offline drb

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2005, 04:12:58 pm »
Hoi Bonk,

I logged on and flew a mission just fine. Flying as Hydran.

I will try to get on the server again tonight.

Take care

drb

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2005, 04:15:45 pm »
The Road building to Redemption has begun anew, with 3 more bricks layed on the yellow road.  more to follow.  another 20+ west and another 20+ north will join the rom-klink road and the fed road.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2005, 04:26:59 pm »
 8) I wanna try and get a few missions in tonight too, but I gotta try and get some work done on a kills confirmation page and see if I can help Clark and Kurok sort out their network issues.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2005, 10:12:29 pm »
A quick reboot on The Forge, sorry for the interruption. Should only be about 5 minutes.

edit: server is back up, again, apologies for the interruption.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 10:38:17 pm by Bonk »

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2005, 10:16:23 am »
yay logging in now

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2005, 09:15:42 pm »
The Forge is down for network maintenance - hopefully to be complete tonight.

edit: it appers said maintenence is complete for the server that The Forge runs on, it will be back up momentarily.

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2005, 06:23:24 am »
bump from page 8 for anyone thinking of playing   ;)
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2005, 06:39:42 am »
Im thinking of resetting it soon on the new version of MySQL and slowing down the time by 50%. 2334.279 is pretty late. Unless people want to leave it like it is until there is a clear winner on the map? So speak up if any changes or features are desired! (I know, the map needs more work...)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2005, 04:21:13 pm »
Let's try the SQL..
Or just a reset on the one it's running..
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Flywh33l

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2005, 01:56:42 am »
Hi guys,

I must say this is quite a site. I thought this game was pretty much history but I see there are still some players... hooray.

I play BFII mostly but still come to this game often for that sci fi fix. I wish they would make a "real" new OP as I feel SFC III was a disaster.

To get down to it I just want to say thank you for keeping a dyna server running, I have certainly appreciated it and enjoyed it, its well made and fun to play on.
I havent had any issues but i do have some questions.

I fly ISC in this campaign and have noticed we get all the same ship in shipyard. Once in awhile something new pops up.
     Is the ship yard economy based?

I've hit a few hexes that are at the furthest reach of our LoS that are owned by federation gorn and romulan, but all i get to fight is lyrans....nothing but lyrans how much further do i have to go to get some variety?

I have only seen a few people on but theres 80 charecters registered on it. ? Yall gonna come game soon?

The missions I get flying solo in my CCX are brutal! However if mastayn (other isc guy that logged in we fleeted up and flipped some hexes) and I are in a mission together the AI are less BPV and far easier prey. i.e solo i get xcb xdd and xff against just me....ouch! if i had an xcb no prob but the ccx is made of wet paper. i.e with mastayn we get a ccf and some misc. crap boats. occasionally a dreadnought, which are far easier prey than a X cruiser.

Does each player only get one standard patrol unwhich to earn medals? I've only gotten the mission once.

I sure hope to see you guys on the forge sometime. Is the ISC winning?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:58:19 am by Flywh33l »