Topic: I want TMP version of this ship. Compare TOS and TNG pics...  (Read 17280 times)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: I want TMP version of this ship. Compare TOS and TNG pics...
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2005, 10:15:37 am »
I came up with something like that a long time ago ..  but it needed some work  ( part of the bridge area was not as well done as needed.)  The double hull I used is not split like the rest ..  It's a bit differenet too.  And I use nacelles off of the TMP Connie as well.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2005, 02:16:23 pm »
wtf is that?

That is the ship you've been wanting redone, it's just not finished yet.

No, that has Excelsior style aft hulls.That thing is just like Fury of a Seraph's Excelsior BB. Cept it has only one aft hull. I want the post TOS pre excelsior TMP version.  ;D

The original FBB had those hulls. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2005, 03:31:23 pm »
What do u mean? The Taldren version? TOS version used connie like aft hulls. Im confused.

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2005, 07:04:26 pm »
Taldren made the original model, well actually it comes from Klingon Academy, so whoever made KA made the original model, their version has 'Excelsior style' secondary hulls, though they're not really limited to the Excelsior. When StressPuppy altered the design to make a TOS version there is no TOS equivalent of the flat-topped hulls the original (TMP) Yamato used, so he just made some oversized Connie versions by the looks of it.

Look on modelviewer at the fbb.mod file, the original Taldren BB, or hell look at the pics from KA that Chris Johnson posted in this very thread, that is the original design of the ship.

The new one looks good so far, though it shouldn't have those neck parts at the front of the sec hulls, dunno what they're doing there as they wont connect to anything, the hull tops should be inline with the top of the saucer.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2005, 08:40:10 pm »
the origanal STOCK Yamamoto is what I'm basing this model off of. One thing you guys have to remember is the that model has only 406 polys, very little to no "landscaping" details are modeled on instead the are painted on and on a very low res texture at that but if you study the texture and the UNtextured model (and I have) you will see the geometry that was meant to be there but the low poly count would not allow. Also please remember that my screens are of a WIP model where the BASIC geometry is ROUGHED in.

and to Dizzy-- If you don't like it.. Too bad!!   stop LEECHING off others and BUILD YOUR OWN!!

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2005, 08:46:01 pm »
Dizzy, I think at this point you may need to be a little more clear about what you're after.  It seems like Antivyrus is doing a higher-poly version of the KA/SFC Yamato FBB, whcih is, I think, what a lot of people (including myself) thought you were after to start with; if, as it's starting to look like, you're looking more for a Connie-refit kitbash using scaled-up secondary hulls and warp nacelles (although I don't know what you're wanting from the primary hull, that's based loosely on the Excelsior even on StressPuppy's TOS version ;) ), you might want to clarify that...
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2005, 10:13:36 pm »
Anti, Capt. Pierce, +1.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2005, 10:47:24 pm »
 stop LEECHING off others and BUILD YOUR OWN!!

I am.  ;) Wait and see.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2005, 11:46:36 pm »
 stop LEECHING off others and BUILD YOUR OWN!!

I am.  ;) Wait and see.

*rolls eyes*   ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2005, 02:54:40 am »
Ooooooooooooooo looking hot Antivyrus. That's gonna be one great ship  ;D Keep up the outstanding work.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2005, 07:58:16 am »
ATV ...  continue the work bud.  It looks good !  I got the impression you got upset about something ..  ( not sure what ?)

If Dizzey does not use the model ..  then so be it. This forum is all about sharing ideas and helping each other to begin with.   

I must confess that if the ship you are designing is not what he is looking for that there needs to be a bit more info provided.  Even a sketch of some sort would help.

I personally would like to see a couple of  really good Fed BB's come out of this.  Everyone hang in there ...  there's got to be an answer.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2005, 09:09:54 am »

I personally would like to see a couple of  really good Fed BB's come out of this.  Everyone hang in there ...  there's got to be an answer.

EXACTLY!

I'm after something specific... But my taste doesnt suit everyone, this I know. I'm gonna make sure I get what I'm after tho, but like Ol Buz said, if we get a few different designs from the ideas of all the suggestions in this thread, then it was a damned good thread. ;)

Mb we can have a beauty pagent when this is all over and declare the best looking BB or something... hehe. I'll throw my money in the ring right now.  ;D

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2005, 11:05:52 am »

EXACTLY!

I'm after something specific... But my taste doesn't suit everyone, this I know. I'm gonna make sure I get what I'm after tho, but like Ol Buz said, if we get a few different designs from the ideas of all the suggestions in this thread, then it was a damned good thread. ;)

Mb we can have a beauty pagent when this is all over and declare the best looking BB or something... hehe. I'll throw my money in the ring right now.  ;D

Ya know Dizzey ..   funny thing ...  that is how the Titan came about.  Azel did one (along with WZ .. ) and someone one found one at another web site  ( big sucker too! ...   nicely done ) ..  And there was a pole taken..  I submitted a sketch ...  Azel cleaned it up  ( it had been about 30 years since I have done any sketches at that time).  The version of the Titan you saw in that "refit" thread I posted was the result.  That was the start for me getting back into "modeling" again.  Since then we have been doing MUCH better as a result.

All of that because someone took the time to do exactly what you are doing right now.

This can be a good opportunity for all of us.

I intend to try to find the time to clean up one of those old drawings ...  and post it for ya  (after MP and Azel take a gander at it!)

Come on guys ....

lets do this ...  !

Then I want to do a proper Klingon counter part to it.

thanks

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2005, 11:36:37 am »
I intend to try to find the time to clean up one of those old drawings ...  and post it for ya  (after MP and Azel take a gander at it!)

PM it on over and I'll take a gander at it and get it to Azel when I see him.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2005, 12:08:54 pm »
Okay, since it seems that the stock yamato uses excelsior hulls, thats exactly what im going to do.
Now my Jupiter uses Excel2 (lakota) parts, so this one will use all connie parts except the secondary hull which will use Excel1 hulls.

My question for all of you is do you want me to use a Miranda saucer or a Connie?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2005, 12:27:18 pm »
Okay, since it seems that the stock yamato uses excelsior hulls, thats exactly what im going to do.
Now my Jupiter uses Excel2 (lakota) parts, so this one will use all connie parts except the secondary hull which will use Excel1 hulls.

My question for all of you is do you want me to use a Miranda saucer or a Connie?

Why not an Ambassador ..  but change the bridge area.  Also if ya use 4 nacelles ...  there has to be a good way to mount them.  I've seen a couple (but it's been a while).

Offline DuctTapeWonder

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2005, 09:17:26 pm »

I reckon you ought to use the primary from the Ulysses I reckon.

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2005, 09:37:42 pm »
Wouldn't work, edges slope upwards like on Connie generation and previous ships rather than downward like Excelsior/Lexington/Ambassador generation ships. Also the impulse unit at the back is welded to the rest of the mesh. This will cause problems when trying to join the saucer to a centre hull as you'd need to remove it causing an odd shaped hole that might be visible. All in all the Excelsior, Lexington, or Ambassador hull all have the correct shape, they just need to be slightly stretched to make the size of the Yamato saucer.
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2005, 11:08:57 pm »
teaser  ;) ;D

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2005, 11:14:16 pm »
lookin' good so far.  I tried to remake the stock FBB a few months ago, but the mesh went badly asymetrical on me (this taught me a few quirks about scaling) and I didn't want to take the time to fix it, so it's sitting unfinised on my hard drive.