Topic: Yamato WIP (image heavy)  (Read 9561 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Yamato WIP (image heavy)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 11:37:43 am »
Now that's a ship !!!!!!!!! WOW great work Buzz  ;D.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 01:04:28 pm »
Thanks guys ...  AV now has two sets of files.  One with and one W/O registries ....  Oh ...  and Chris ....  I took your suggestion to heart ... the blue strip around the primary hull covers the entire "edge".

It was a preference/needless gripe, not a suggestion.  One I can live with had you not've done that.  Nevertheless, thanks. *shrug* Didn't matter a whole lot, but appreciative that it's for SFC1 too.  So I'd like to thank Antivyrus and OlBuzzard (and any others, incase I forgot) who worked on it.  May not be the best Battleship design--let alone one that is far from Starfleet lineage--but still, one I like and enjoy since I played around with it in KA and the SFC series.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 01:19:03 pm »
Thanks guys ...  AV now has two sets of files.  One with and one W/O registries ....  Oh ...  and Chris ....  I took your suggestion to heart ... the blue strip around the primary hull covers the entire "edge".

It was a preference/needless gripe, not a suggestion.  One I can live with had you not've done that.  Nevertheless, thanks. *shrug* Didn't matter a whole lot, but appreciative that it's for SFC1 too.  So I'd like to thank Antivyrus and OlBuzzard (and any others, incase I forgot) who worked on it.  May not be the best Battleship design--let alone one that is far from Starfleet lineage--but still, one I like and enjoy since I played around with it in KA and the SFC series.

Hey Chris ....

I understand and appreciate input bud.  I also understand that your input was not critical ...  BUT  ..  I DO review these comments and take to heart those things that have merit.  ( Sometimes those that may not can still be something to learn from ....  just a different perspective.)

AV and I will also be putting togeather another TMP BB that should be a little better concept.  It incorporates a wide bodied 2ndary hull that is essentially like a double wide ...  but still just a one piece hull.  Both shuttle bays are more typical in their location, though a tad different ( somewhat like the Mars class BB the OP plus model collection.)  I'm hoping that this new BB will be better in that the weapons will be better placed, more practical, and yet still have that "big guns ..  really big ship" feel to her.  (I'll start another thread in this project late tonight or tomorrow)

Again .. my thanks sir ... and to everyone.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 02:46:19 pm »
I kept saying I would, but didn't, I had a chat with Dark Drone and had recieved permission, but never got to it, and that's typical.  Well, I finally got to it, and I hope I did it right and no confusion is present after doing so.  I claimed I have an SFC1 port of a KA version of the stock FBB model (Yamato-class), and I do.  I just never got around to uploading it until now:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?id=2921

Full credit of porting it goes to Darkdrone, full credit of making the model by 14 Degrees East (Interplay).  Again, it's the second FBB in KA that's more detailed than the SFC stock version (which Antivyrus/Olbuzzard's project is based on), and is now for SFC1, thanks to DD for porting it.  I know some wanted it at least (forgot who), so I figured I'd upload it.  Just remember, I take zero credit for any involvement in the porting or tinkering of the model.

Although I was too late to doing so (as it was mainly for another reference for Antivyrus incase he wanted to make the KA version complete with two PH4 [Assault Phaser] canons/banks/etc.), I figured someone still wanted it, so I thought, "Why not?"  I wanted to get permission from DD first, so it took a while before I got permission (e-mail him if you want to verify it), and even more-so out of laziness.

However, if people feel it to be the wrong thing to do--to upload it still--then I apologize and will contact BC and request its removal.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 03:47:44 pm »
Ya know Chris you bring up a valid point, from now on when I bash or port a ship I will make sure to include an SFC 1 version. Personally I prefer SFC II/OP, many people prefer SFC III, and we convert between the 2 games constantly. Yet there are still a few peeps that play SFC1 and I think the majority of us have forgotten that. It seems I have overlooked the game that first got me into this whole modeling experience and that ends now. Also I'll go back to the stuff I've already done and make sure they all have SFC 1 versions as well. ;D
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 02:28:22 am »
Whenever I make my models, I always make them compatible with all versions of SFC1 (1 through 3).  Unfortunetly, I don't make them fully compatible with SFC3 as I lost some of the tools to fully create them (like hard point and UI hardpoint locations) but its not that hard to convert a model to be compatilble with SFC3.

Oh, by the way, I really like the improvements of the Yamato.  Much better then the stock ship.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 03:36:45 am »
I see then it's a good thing I've learned how to port ships for SFC 1, 2, and OP over to SFC3.  :-D  I think I might end up having to create my own to do list. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:58 am »
I use to have the tools to do SFC-OP ...  I have the Bass Master files complete with OP weapons.  But I no longer have the ship list editor for that.  SFC OP is a lot easier to do than SFC-3.

I can do textures ...  and I'm starting on meshes now  ( slowly ) ....  but I will just have to release what I have and let you gents port them to what ever game you want to.

BTW..  SB777 should be forth comming soon.  ( just have an issue with some nasty windows to get fixed.)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 11:03:32 am »
Since I don't know how to hardpoint the actual model for use in SFC2/OP or even SFC1, I hardpoint models for SFC3.  Writing up the specs these days is relatively easy for me.  It's just time consuming.  What would have been nice is if whoever was making that Core Edit program actually finished it.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 11:24:19 am »
Since I don't know how to hardpoint the actual model for use in SFC2/OP or even SFC1, I hardpoint models for SFC3.  Writing up the specs these days is relatively easy for me.  It's just time consuming.  What would have been nice is if whoever was making that Core Edit program actually finished it.

OP is relatively easy to do the ship edit list on.  I use to have the program.  ( I think I lost it the last time we did our system upgrade.)

Doing the "hard points" from that I'm not sure how that is done ..  or if ya need 3d max to do it or not!

sorry !

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 12:18:55 pm »
You can hardpoint the actual model in just about any 3D model program.  Lightwave, Maya, 3DS Max.  Just as long as you export the finished product to .mod format. 

I still have the ship edit, believe it or not.  I was able to use the one for SFC1 pretty damn well.  Just for SFC OP that I couldn't get.  It screwed up my game, and yeah, I did have that beta patch or whatever it was, to account for the X tech and such.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 07:25:57 pm »
Can't you just import the HP's from the original Yamato?
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 11:14:32 pm »
Still have to rehardpoint her to some degree for SFC3.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 03:55:47 pm »
I've been out of it for a while, how's it coming?

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 03:59:07 pm »
The texturing is done.

AV has a copy of all of the files and has most of the light maps done too.  It should be ready soon.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 04:25:22 pm »
The SFC3 conversion is on my to-do list.  Have a couple other projects in front of it.  I'm kinda lazy right now.  :-D

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2005, 09:25:45 pm »
The SFC3 conversion is on my to-do list.  Have a couple other projects in front of it.  I'm kinda lazy right now.  :-D

Get unlazy or I'll take your rubber chicken and beat ya with it :whip: :whip:

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2005, 10:38:04 pm »

oooooo !  That had to strike a nerve !

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2005, 11:35:47 pm »
gettin a little to kinky in heeyah for me
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2005, 06:01:00 am »

*raises an eyebrow and looks at Antivyrus*  You dare assume you could wield the power of my rubber chickens?  *grabs a rubber chicken and smacks AV so hard he turns into Webster and ends up in Michael Jackson's playpen*